• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:38
CEST 20:38
KST 03:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8158 users

Tandem StarCraft - Page 12

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 19 Next All
Straylight
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada706 Posts
February 05 2010 21:38 GMT
#221
It'd be pretty cool if some pro maps were put into this... like the left side of the map could be Destination and the right side could be some other map >.>
It felt like gravity.
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
February 05 2010 21:39 GMT
#222
ya this is a very cool idea.
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 01:05:03
February 08 2010 00:38 GMT
#223
Well here is a very low level game on Tandem- (I play on ICCUP very rarely and when I do, I lose.)

This was a game with two of my roommates- who I can defeat 2v1 and one friend who came for our LAN party. He figured he was good enough to play random so I chose random as well- I usually play toss, but got terran. (I'm Passafist.)

Honestly, there are so many things I did wrong despite successfully keeping him in his one base. This game should have ended a long time before it actually did (partly because the last time I played, I did a lurker ling build and threw away too many units- then became too cautious on this game.) I had spending problems, late 3rd expansion, an ill-timed push by my ally which stalled out my own push (about to win and then a group of seige tanks spawn) and no large drop which easily could have finished the game. I also was just learning how utilize vultures with tanks, so my mine placement is very weird. But it was fun.

Low Level Tandom: R v R Challenge 46 min

Ok, this is a way better game, but still low level. I was playing Zerg (my offrace), but I knew my opponent and my own race so I could use a specific build order- I wanted to try out the lurker ling build order (had only done it against computers.) I'd say it worked pretty well first time out. (I'm Passafist again.)

Tandem Starcraft- Lurker Ling Build Order 14 min
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
February 08 2010 00:46 GMT
#224
Thanks for the bump, I never saw that map, I'm gonna have to try it
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
February 13 2010 17:22 GMT
#225
I'd like to try this map with other (as-bad-as-I-am) TLers. Anyone interested can PM or find me on IRC.

--oberon
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
February 13 2010 17:32 GMT
#226
On February 06 2010 06:38 Straylight wrote:
It'd be pretty cool if some pro maps were put into this... like the left side of the map could be Destination and the right side could be some other map >.>


Also, second this: I'd be very happy with dualing destinations (which are conveniently just the right size...).

Sadly, when I try to switch to the location view on this map, SCMDraftII crashes. I actually had destination successfully copy/pasted to one side, too

--oberon
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
February 14 2010 01:49 GMT
#227
I now have a Destination version of this map...I think. Looking for testers for tomorrow, maybe...?

--oberon
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
February 14 2010 01:52 GMT
#228
On February 14 2010 10:49 oberon wrote:
I now have a Destination version of this map...I think. Looking for testers for tomorrow, maybe...?

--oberon

Bring it on! I'm ready right now!
화이팅
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
February 14 2010 01:58 GMT
#229
On February 14 2010 10:49 oberon wrote:
I now have a Destination version of this map...I think. Looking for testers for tomorrow, maybe...?

--oberon


Now that what i'm talking about, not sure how well it will work but this is one of my favorite maps.This is the kind of thing i am really looking forward to, i think if you do more really popular maps like this one the idea might be able to really take off
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
February 14 2010 02:16 GMT
#230
On February 14 2010 10:49 oberon wrote:
I now have a Destination version of this map...I think. Looking for testers for tomorrow, maybe...?

--oberon

When you're ready put up a download link and I'll add it to the OP. Thanks for your effort
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
SleepSheep
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada344 Posts
February 14 2010 02:20 GMT
#231
anyone wanna play?
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-14 02:44:02
February 14 2010 02:42 GMT
#232
Sure, I'll hop on ICCUP and we can test the destination edition. Nick there is pnaxighn.

--oberon

Edit: if you're interested, join channel bughouse on iccup.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
February 14 2010 03:01 GMT
#233
Join that channel, or I'll kill your first born chill and make it haunt you...seriously.
화이팅
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
February 14 2010 03:56 GMT
#234
So, shit works! Can't wait to actually play the map! 5am, NN!
화이팅
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
February 14 2010 03:57 GMT
#235
On February 14 2010 11:16 Chef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 10:49 oberon wrote:
I now have a Destination version of this map...I think. Looking for testers for tomorrow, maybe...?

--oberon

When you're ready put up a download link and I'll add it to the OP. Thanks for your effort


BughouseDestination available at http://giver.homedns.org/BughouseDestination.scx . It's not as clean as the original (no briefing), but it seems to work.

--oberon
Excel Excel
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-14 04:46:29
February 14 2010 04:44 GMT
#236
Civilian spawners suck, I recommend replacing them with blinded invincible hero science vessels (with energy constantly set to zero). The civilian death "punishment" thing is just stupid; late-game will revolve around sniping the civilian instead of normal gameplay.

I recommend awarding minerals to your ally for defensive structure kills, otherwise people will just throw up cannons and make the ally stronger without giving opponents benefits.

Also, instead of units dying, simply move them back into the map; the current system makes air unit micro on the edges incredibly dangerous.

OP combinations:
-Enemy is T while ally is Z/P
-Enemy is P while ally is T/Z
-Enemy is Z while ally is T and facing a Z
"SCREW OBSERVERS MUST HAVE MOAR ARBITERS!!!11one1" - Famous last words
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
February 14 2010 05:08 GMT
#237
I was thinking about the civilian thing. I didn't do the original map, but I did make the Destination version, and I considered changing the Civilian mechanic. The problem is that, with anything that flies, enemy units will constantly be appearing in your mineral lines, like super-drops. In actual chess bughouse, that's fine, but in BW I'm not sure it'd work out. Another alternative might be using psi emitters, so they can be moved by workers. In the end, I decided that the person who originally put things together probably had some good reasons/testing, so I left it as-is.

The fact that cannons are better than normal is obvious, but I'm not sure that's a big deal. So cannons are better than normal -- this isn't BW, it's Bug-BW, and things are different.

The "edge" between the two Destinations is actually half-way into the null space between them (I'm not sure where it was on the original tandem map -- I couldn't get its location layer to display in SCMDraft2). So if you're microing out around there, something's really gone wrong. I suppose having the edge that far away allows some odd drop play, but then, having units simply move back provides a bizarre "escape route" if you're losing an aerial battle.

I'm not sure why any of those combinations are overpowered, as you haven't given any evidence.

Bughouse is not chess -- being good at one helps in the other, but it's not a huge boon. There are lots of things that are simply different -- even though the "mechanics" on each board are the same, the actual tactics/strategy are distant cousins, at most. I suspect this is also true for bug-BW -- I'm eager to find out.

--oberon
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
February 14 2010 05:48 GMT
#238
Thanks man, I'll try this out. I've had some really fun games on the earlier tandem maps, and I look forward to playing with the craziness of bughouse on what has become normality of destination.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
February 14 2010 05:52 GMT
#239
In the original Protoss only version, it was (and still is) a psi emitter. The problem that was found with that in testing was that spawn killing/stealing the emitter just became to dominant a theme and made the map less fun. ie: Victory basically depended on acquiring that emitter. While that in itself has interesting gameplay possibilities, it wasn't what I was going for, and most people didn't seem to like it so I changed it to something that could be killed and respawned in a safe location.

I'm aware of the static defence issue, and anyone who wants to edit this is welcome to come up with their own solutions, but I think that excessive static defence will simply result in a loss of map control which is punishment enough in itself.

The biggest issue this map has right now is that it gets very laggy late game. I'm not interested in making the changes, but I think if someone could figure out a way to make units transfer only once it would be okay. Right now units never disappear when they die, but if they disappeared after dying twice (once on the original side, and once on the other side) it would probably fix lag issues and absurd army size issues. Easier said than done though.

I'm not worried about air unit micro at all. That's the reason the centre is so huge (rather than just being a siege tank's range). There is really no practical reason to go so close to the middle even when doing muta harass.

In any case, I'm happy to add any version someone takes the time to make to the OP, whether or not I personally think the changes are positive. Ultimately, it's a very flexible idea.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
funnybananaman
Profile Joined April 2009
United States830 Posts
February 14 2010 05:56 GMT
#240
looks really cool! can't wait to try it
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 258
ProTech145
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 26
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25069
Shuttle 704
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 116
Dewaltoss 101
firebathero 76
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9556
qojqva1629
Counter-Strike
fl0m1399
Fnx 840
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1385
Grubby1295
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu501
Other Games
summit1g3921
FrodaN1550
Beastyqt546
Mlord311
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS181
C9.Mang0179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 64
• Hinosc 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 22m
Online Event
16h 22m
FEL
21h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.