So yeah. College apps are going well. And I should be admitted to northeastern university. NOT northwestern university, but north EASTERN University. And I will get a full tuition scholarship. And I should attend. I don’t want to count my eggs before they have hatched, but it’s extremely likely. They released some a couple days ago, and I didn’t hear back. But looking at who they accepted my stats cream most of theirs. We’ll see :| I just keep on doubting about northeastern, but I"m fairly sure I got accepted. BLAARGH, only a month left!!
1) Far away from home. I mean, even going to Davis and being a couple hours away would achieve it, and although I would like to think I appreciate my parents when not raging at them on tl, having some distance is nice.
2) A reasonable college. Not the best ranked, but it’s a relatively good school. I’d be happy going. Programs look good, professors are good.
3) In Boston. So much stuff in Boston? If I wanted to take Korean classes, I could do that. If I wanted to associate with friends from highschool at times, I could do that. If I wanted to go to MLG providence, I could do that. If I wanted to go to NYC for the first time it is a long way, but is feasible.
4) Has good placement. My god their placements are good.
5) A lot of CS major options. It’s easy to transfer from CS engineering CS L&S should I really decide so.
6) I’m not sure what major to choose. Whether to do something harder CS, or do an EE or ECE degree. Or do do something like BS/IS or blargh. There are a lot of options to consider!!
7) Cheap. Full tuition .. only cost of living, which is high, but without tuition is very affordable.
So yeah. As I predicted a while back, I don’t really love korea per se. I like it for its different culture, viewpoint, and its “strangeness” when looked at by a stranger like myself. However, since my trip to the UK, I’ve really wanted to return. And am really interested in the differences over the pond. Anyways, just thought I’d note this. I really just want to travel to ALL THE PLACES!
I miss the UK
Also, I have my 18th birthday soon. I also have to buy some prep books for AP tests on Amazon.
Which brings me to a couple more points...
What are some good $7-10 purchases on amazon? Need to get the free shipping.
What are good, practical items you guys have, use a lot, and you think would be useful in college? I don't have a ton of stuff besides a computer/bike/storage, so name it
Probably will pick up another pocket knife, but it's not that super usfeul tbh. $40 for knife is a ripoff, but I don't care :D