• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9812 users

[I] OSL Group Stage rematch winners (11/16)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-16 15:20:42
November 16 2007 15:06 GMT
#1
Hwasin - Group B 2nd Place
-How does it feel to advance after three rounds of rematches
▶It was very, very difficult and taxing but now I feel so relieved. My body feels lighter.

-When you lost to Iris in the first rematches, did you think you would get another chance
▶When I practiced, I prepared with the mindset that if I couldn't get two wins in the rematches then I would fail to advance. I hardly prepared for re-rematches. I was thinking that I had been eliminated but luckily I got another chance.

-In the second round of rematches, you won the first game but didn't secure the second.
▶I was in too much of a hurry. I wanted to hurry up and secure a spot in the quarterfinals, and I think that made me play too impatiently.

-Your last match with July was not easy.
▶When July was in form and winning championships, he would practice with me a lot. He was so good that sometimes I would think that I didn't know how to beat Zergs. I was worried because it seems like July is returning to his old form. I think I played too timidly.

-Many past champions had to go through rematches in the group stages.
▶I took a look and a lot of players who advanced only after rematches ended up winning the whole thing. I'll consider it a sign, that this is a chance from above.

-Your goal for this OSL.
▶I thought for sure I would be eliminated, but now that I advanced to the quarterfinals in such a tough way, I'll take it as a sign from above to win the whole thing. So I will play hard.

-Any last words.
▶I want to thank TheSTC, Sheis, Calm, and by.hero, who helped with practice. Last but not least, I think all credit for today's win should not go to me, but to coach Kim Eun Dong. He helped me steady my nerves before each match. It was a big help.




Savior Group D 1st Place
-You advanced after a round of rematches.
▶It was tough, but because two people were to advance from my group, I had better odds than the players in Group B. I think I felt less pressure, compared to the Group B players.

-You secured first place in Group D
▶I prepared for the first round of rematches but I believe that from the second round on, there's a large mind game aspect. So I also thought about build orders. I had a build order for game 1 in mind. When Frozean was eliminated, I think both of us approached our second match with no pressure. The final standings weren't important.

-There are sayings that your ZvT has become weaker.
▶I've never really thought about that issue.

-Do you have a goal for this Starleague.
▶I don't have a specific goal. It's always the same. I don't think I've often said in interviews that my goal is to win the whole thing. I still feel the same way. If I do my best in the matches ahead of me, I'll be able to reach the semifinals.

-YOu face Bisu in the quarterfinals.
▶He is the same as any other opponent. Bisu is having a very good season so this time it will be different than our previous encounters. Other than that, I don't have any special thoughts about it.

-Some words for your fans.
▶I don't think anything has changed, or any big problem has developed, just because I was eliminated from the MSL. It was the national college exams yesterday and I heard that many of my fanclub members could not come because of the exams. I hope they took the test well. Now that the exam is over, I also hope that they can continue to support me in the coming days.



Flash Group D 2nd Place
-How does it feel to advance to the quarters.
▶Since I advanced after such a difficult process, I feel that I need to reach even higher places.

-Your Wraith and Tank use was noteworthy.
▶It was the first time that I faced a strategy that contained my natural. But I was able to break the containment line because my opponent made an error with tank placement. I think the Wriath-Tank combination is very effective on Katrina.

-You used a risky 6-rax strategy for your last game.
▶It's a strategy I sometimes use during practice games. I had prepared other strategies, but seeing as how I had already secured a spot in the next round, I used the 6-rax so I didn't have to expose other strategies.

-You will face Stork in the quarters. The map order is Fantasy-Persona-Blue Storm.
▶Stork is an incredibly difficult opponent, so I'll have to do my best, work hard and analyze him as much as possible to win. The maps are extremely bad for me. It's a collection of maps I don't like.

-Many players who went through rematches went on to win the whole thing.
▶I'll work hard to follow their lead and become champion myself.

-What is your goal for the remaining matches.
▶This is my second straight quarterfinals, so I will work hard to upgrade myself from last season.
returns upon momentous occasions.
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
November 16 2007 15:15 GMT
#2
Thanks HonestTea, nice interviews
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
November 16 2007 15:26 GMT
#3
"but seeing as how I had already secured a spot in the next round, I used the 6-rax so I didn't have to expose other strategies."


Flash... I really do hate you now.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
November 16 2007 15:35 GMT
#4
That was damn fast
big thanks
Sadir
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Vatican City State1176 Posts
November 16 2007 15:36 GMT
#5
On November 17 2007 00:26 Shauni wrote:
"but seeing as how I had already secured a spot in the next round, I used the 6-rax so I didn't have to expose other strategies."


Flash... I really do hate you now.


everybody tries to to save his BO
not only flash
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-16 15:45:50
November 16 2007 15:45 GMT
#6
On November 17 2007 00:06 HonestTea wrote:
Savior Group D 1st Place
-There are sayings that your ZvT has become weaker.
▶I've never really thought about that issue.


Liar, liar.

Or maybe that explains why he keeps losing to them. XD
himurakenshin
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Canada1845 Posts
November 16 2007 16:07 GMT
#7
Savior:

Some words for your fans.
▶I don't think anything has changed, or any big problem has developed, just because I was eliminated from the MSL. It was the national college exams yesterday and I heard that many of my fanclub members could not come because of the exams. I hope they took the test well. Now that the exam is over, I also hope that they can continue to support me in the coming days.



This reply is pretty badass. Even though I don't like Savior, he is like one of those characters who has the I don't give a fuck I'll beat ur ass up attitude even if they aren't the strongest. Like in lots of anime, you have the strongest character who is kinda stupid, and you have a guy who isn't as strong as the main character, but mature and really smart, and wouldn't publicly concede that he isn't the best even though he knows he isn't.
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
November 16 2007 16:12 GMT
#8
sAviOrs mentality blows.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
November 16 2007 16:40 GMT
#9
On November 17 2007 00:06 HonestTea wrote:
-There are sayings that your ZvT has become weaker.
▶I've never really thought about that issue.

Savior sounds like he's in denial...
He looked pretty devastated after losing some of his recent ZvTs.
berated-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1134 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-16 17:34:06
November 16 2007 17:32 GMT
#10
On November 17 2007 01:40 teamsolid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2007 00:06 HonestTea wrote:
-There are sayings that your ZvT has become weaker.
▶I've never really thought about that issue.

Savior sounds like he's in denial...
He looked pretty devastated after losing some of his recent ZvTs.


I don't think he's so much in denial as he is just really good at staying composed and portraying himself as a winner. His recent play hasn't been true to savior fashion, but for him to stay confident and poised like he is takes a lot of character.

edit: BTW thanks for getting these interviews up so quickly HonestTea. Its greatly appreciated.
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
November 16 2007 17:38 GMT
#11
On November 17 2007 00:06 HonestTea wrote:
-YOu face Bisu in the quarterfinals.
▶He is the same as any other opponent. Bisu is having a very good season so this time it will be different than our previous encounters. Other than that, I don't have any special thoughts about it.


You're scared shitless, right ?
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
November 16 2007 18:26 GMT
#12
savior its a cold brain person, i trust in their mentality and i hope that find the way to play the finals against bisu again...
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-16 18:35:36
November 16 2007 18:31 GMT
#13
nice
saranghaeCY-
Profile Joined October 2007
United States446 Posts
November 16 2007 18:34 GMT
#14
Thanks HonestTea!
~
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
November 16 2007 18:59 GMT
#15
Great translation as always HonestTea ^^
Official Entusman #21
edzwoo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States469 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-16 20:27:42
November 16 2007 20:27 GMT
#16
On November 17 2007 00:06 HonestTea wrote:
-YOu face Bisu in the quarterfinals.
▶He is the same as any other opponent. Bisu is having a very good season so this time it will be different than our previous encounters. Other than that, I don't have any special thoughts about it.


Um, so basically he said, "Bisu is doing very well, so this time I will win."

What?
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 512
Hyuk 468
BeSt 360
actioN 177
Leta 147
Zeus 124
EffOrt 95
ZerO 78
Soma 65
Light 65
[ Show more ]
soO 62
Shinee 51
Mind 42
Mong 42
Killer 35
Aegong 33
sorry 27
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 17
ZergMaN 11
HiyA 11
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 9
Noble 6
Sharp 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe131
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King167
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1711
Other Games
gofns28699
summit1g8485
olofmeister1356
singsing1289
ceh9583
crisheroes348
DeMusliM119
Livibee102
ArmadaUGS83
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick515
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream253
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH249
• LUISG 16
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Jankos1884
• Rush1338
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
33m
OSC
3h 33m
Stellar Fest
3h 33m
OSC
14h 33m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.