• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:37
CEST 17:37
KST 00:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10371 users

[Translation] 334 on Playing with Savior

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 02 2013 21:18 GMT
#1
334, as some of you may know, was Savior's 2v2 partner with whom Savior won the 2v2 portion of the BW Asia Open in Shanghai.

334 wrote a post about his experience playing with Savior, and I've translated it below. I believe the majority of their communication was done in English, and all the quoted portions were them communicating in English (or at least, that's the sense I got out of it from the post). The post is written from 334's first person perspective.

---

I officially confirmed that I would be playing with Savior on the night of the 21st, and we began practicing together on Fish the day after. Savior liked to use the full names of buildings, like “Getway” [sic] [T/N: in China, most buildings are referred to by their hotkeys. Gateway would be “bg,” Citadel and Archive would be “vc” and “vt,” etc.] I told him he could just use hotkeys, and it’d be simpler to type, and I would understand it more easily. There’s not much to be said in 2v2 anyways, “g” and “b” mostly, so there weren't any communication issues.

Savior found a lot of Korean teams for us to practice against. We played against pretty much every team ranked 2 to 6 on Fish, and we won more than we lost, so Savior and I were very confident in our trip to Shanghai. Savior is an outgoing/talkative guy. We would discuss strategies over QQ, and he would be very focused in helping me prepare, and when I would make a mistake he wouldn’t blame me or anything. In game four of the finals on Python, Savior knew it was GG for us when we couldn’t take out jatgirl’s (beast’s) Hatchery, so he typed to me “hard to win, just enjoy the game”.

After the groups were set, Savior and I kept talking about the likely matchups. In the other bracket, Scan and Fengzi are basically guaranteed first place, so getting first place in our bracket would make it more likely for us to advance. We’re in the same group as jatgirl and pic, so neither of us wanted to be second in the group and end up facing Scan and Fengzi, so we played our hearts out in the group stages. When the score was 2-2, we took a break, and I asked Savior “go smoke?” He smiles and shook his head and said “no, go on”. It really is the kind of calm and poise that comes with being a bonjwa… We won a close 3-2, and Savior was very happy when we won and said to me “oh, so we go final”.

Before the tournament ended, we didn’t drink at any of the meals. Once, over a meal, I told Savior “if you drink, I will kill you”. Savior said “no no, I am not”. I asked him how to say “334” in Korean, he said “Sam Sam Sah.”

Savior is very quiet, and is very calm and steady when he walks. I’ve never seen him run, he’s basically always in the same position. He also wears cologne -_-,

Once, when watching the games live, Savior and I were smoking in the bathroom. One of the show girls [star girls] was adjusting her hair in the woman’s bathroom across the hall, the one who was wearing glasses. Savior tapped me and said “that girl looks pretty,” I asked him “do you like?” He smiled and shook his head, said “no no no, i think you like.” Then I told him if he likes, I will go ask her for her QQ, and Savior said “really?” I said yes, he said “ok,” and then I got her QQ and he actually asked me “how did you do it?” I told him I’m not telling. Then, in the elevator, there was a girl in front of us, and I said to Savior “if you say this girl is pretty…” and he said “nonono,” and worryingly asked me if I was going to ask for her QQ too.

Savior would always go back to the hotel very early, except for the night before the finals. He said Chinese television is good to watch. During practice, I would often say “wo cao” [T/N: "Wo cao" is similar to randomly saying “oh fuck” or “shit."] Savior asked me what “wo cao” means, and I said “when you surprise, you can say wo cao”. Then Savior picked it up and kept saying it…

Before the day of the semifinals against Money and Feng, Savior and I weren’t too worried, because ZP combination would be hard for them to play against us. But Feng and Money both played very well. I know Savior was very nervous in the ZT vs. ZT game, because there was twice when his mouse would move violently, whereas during practice, no matter how badly we were losing, he would always be very relaxed in his control. During the last game, Savior and Money played ZvZ. If the opponents used all their units to attack Savior, he would’ve died for sure, and he said so himself after the game as well, so my Zealots had to leave the base to draw fire, and I traded myself for Feng, and Savior won a 1v1 under very difficult conditions. After it ended he told me it was very dangerous, and told me his hands were shaking while he played.

The night before the finals, Savior and I prepared a lot. He asked his Korean 2v2 specialist friend bul if there are any good strategies on Fighting Spirit (leto is really strong, he’s #1 on Hunter, but only on Hunters), and his friend (bul) told him “Fighting Spirit zp vs zt so easy.” Except for Hunters, where the spawn position and racial combinations are too complicated, we prepared a strategy for every map, which were the same ones we used in the finals. The night before, we practiced with Scan and Fengzi, and they could never win the first game, and only when they knew our strategy in the second game would they be able to adjust to it. We used the same strategy on Iron Curtain four times and they lost three times, so Savior and I were very confident in winning the finals. But even so, in consideration of the atmosphere and pressure of a live game, we were still a little bit worried. We practiced until 2am that night before we went back to the hotel to sleep. Savior told me to relax, and said we will win, and I replied “sure".

On the day of the finals, Savior used his computer to show me a picture of Iron Curtain and explained to me all the different race and spawn point combination subtleties. Honestly we could’ve 3-1’ed, but during the game on Python, Savior forgot to take out jatgirl’s Hatchery. After the game he told me “my miss,” and I told him “is nothing, jia you” [T/N: “Jia you” is like “fighting.”] On Iron Curtain Savior played really well, and taking out a Vulture with two Zerglings is really world-class game sense and control. To be honest, I was unusually calm during the finals, not nervous at all. I just wanted to help Savior and myself get a championship, to allow such an excellent player get the honor that befits him. In the final game Savior had a mis-micro with his first group of Marines, and after the game, he told me he was too excited..so happy.

After the games Savior said “now we can go drink tonight, party.”

Savior was very happy that night, he drank a lot, and when we kept pouring more for him he kept saying “wo cao, I will die.”

No matter what he was doing, Savior was always very deliberate and refined, and he’s very talkative and open...there are a lot of details that are hard to describe individually and comprehensively, I’ll just leave it at an overview.

Source: http://bbs.scntv.com/thread-81965-1-1.html
TranslatorBaa!
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
December 02 2013 21:34 GMT
#2
very interesting read for sure.
thanks for the translation
TL+ Member
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
December 02 2013 21:43 GMT
#3
Interesting
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
AleXoundOS
Profile Joined January 2011
Georgia458 Posts
December 02 2013 21:45 GMT
#4
thanks for translations!
https://bwapi.github.io - An API for interacting with Starcraft: Broodwar (1.16.1)
renezerg
Profile Joined May 2007
Peru186 Posts
December 02 2013 21:56 GMT
#5
thanks a lot for the translation
gg
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
December 02 2013 22:07 GMT
#6
Thanks for translation.
liftlift > tsm
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1210 Posts
December 02 2013 22:26 GMT
#7
Thank you for the translation! It was a good read, and from someone not as judgmental on his past.
Flash should fear Sacsri
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
December 02 2013 22:31 GMT
#8
thanks for the translation
ace hwaiting!!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 02 2013 22:35 GMT
#9
thanks for translation! A good read imo. Interesting to hear how things went down. Sounds like Saviour is very relaxed in person and in general, nice to speak with. I couldn't help but laugh at this part: I told Savior “if you drink, I will kill you”. lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
December 02 2013 22:35 GMT
#10
I asked him how to say “334” in Korean, he said “Sam Sam Sah.”


That's kind of funny, if possibly unintentional.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 02 2013 22:38 GMT
#11
He also mentioned something during the live cast that savior had analyzed every single combination in terms of spawn during preparation.

I think that's somewhere in the article as we'll, but I'm on my phone
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 02 2013 22:42 GMT
#12
On December 03 2013 07:38 Cambium wrote:
He also mentioned something during the live cast that savior had analyzed every single combination in terms of spawn during preparation.

I think that's somewhere in the article as we'll, but I'm on my phone


Yep

On the day of the finals, Savior used his computer to show me a picture of Iron Curtain and explained to me all the different race and spawn point combination subtleties.
TranslatorBaa!
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
December 02 2013 22:49 GMT
#13
really interesting to read, thx for translating! :D
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
December 02 2013 22:56 GMT
#14
MaJaeYoon Fighting!!
why so 진지해?
jhamas
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru22 Posts
December 02 2013 23:16 GMT
#15
gracias por la traducción esperando mas :b

User was warned for this post
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
December 02 2013 23:32 GMT
#16
--- Nuked ---
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
December 02 2013 23:37 GMT
#17
hmm, interesting; thanks for the translation!
Writer
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
December 02 2013 23:38 GMT
#18
Haha interesting read
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
AskJoshy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1625 Posts
December 02 2013 23:48 GMT
#19
On December 03 2013 07:56 Rekrul wrote:
MaJaeYoon Fighting!!

Came here for this, hi Rekrul! =D
Heroes, Hearthstone, and SC2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
December 02 2013 23:57 GMT
#20
<3 MJY
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 256
Codebar 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39220
Calm 3790
Shuttle 1868
Bisu 1725
FanTaSy 1526
Mini 1202
Soma 691
Rush 575
EffOrt 507
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 318
actioN 294
Snow 267
Hyuk 259
ZerO 219
firebathero 210
Dewaltoss 103
Zeus 78
Barracks 73
hero 72
Sea.KH 53
Shinee 52
Killer 44
Sharp 39
Pusan 37
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 32
Free 26
Bale 26
Shine 21
Yoon 20
HiyA 18
Aegong 17
sorry 17
PianO 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7923
Dendi939
League of Legends
KnowMe36
Counter-Strike
x6flipin337
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes566
Other Games
singsing2447
hiko1594
B2W.Neo359
byalli267
Liquid`VortiX235
Livibee212
mouzStarbuck203
Beastyqt195
Hui .174
FrodaN70
Mew2King64
RotterdaM64
Trikslyr47
Rex25
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV258
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV265
League of Legends
• Nemesis2548
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 23m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.