• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:39
CEST 13:39
KST 20:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10393 users

Beastyqt retires

Forum Index > SC2 General
300 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 17 2013 22:26 GMT
#1

Hey guys, this is I guess my "official statement" regarding my Starcraft 2 journey.

I started Starcraft II three years ago and I was in love with the game and had so much fun playing it. When I was starting out I was bad mannered on ladder and in tournaments to people because I was a kid and was angry at myself. I never really held any grudges against my opponents or hated them for any reason and that mistake haunted me throughout my whole Starcraft II career. People just always considered me..well a douchebag. I never thought I will become a well known player and at the time it was just another online game. Days...weeks and months went on and I kept winning tournaments and more and more people knew about me, but it was too late to "fix" my mistake, people in Starcraft II remembered me as BM player and I tried changing it many times with no success.

Starcraft II was great game for me, being BM was the only thing I regret, I could have tried practicing harder, but im happy how I did overall. I was never able to perform at LAN's even at the time when I was one of the best in Europe in 2011.

There are couple of things that lead to me quitting Starcraft II professionally. One of them is disappointment of not performing at all on LAN events. I had really high expectations for myself and always failed which was extremely demotivating. Another thing is WoL infestor broodlord zerg spam was just...depressing to say the least, I think all Terrans and Protosses will agree on this one
Last reason and biggest reason is just the haters. Yes, yes I know I shouldn't listen to them because there will always be haters, but what can I say it affected me..a lot. I don't think people that insult you on daily basis realize how much they can have affect on you, your play and your motivation. People you insult online are real people and everyone including me don't realize that there is actually real person behind the screen and some of them won't care about what you have to say, but some of them you will hurt.
Losing on LAN event and getting messages like "haha idiot you got what you deserved" the moment when you lost your last game often wanted to make me cry. Of course there were people that supported me a ton as well and they kept me going for this long and I cannot thank them enough.

I was never popular, I had to work my way to stream viewers or tournament invites which is one of the things i'm proud of. I worked my way up to get into a good team and I worked my way into IEM (my first LAN event) and other LAN tournaments.
I was only really into one team for my whole Starcraft II career which was Team Empire that I cannot thank enough for their support, they helped me become the player I was. I was with them over 2 years and had an amazing time

In the past three years I won over 70 online tournaments and got around 40 second places which im really happy about. Those weren't WCS's or IEM's or Dreamhack's, but its something! I attended IEM x2, Dreamhack x2, I represented my country at WCG 2011, I've lived into gaming house for 4 months in California and im just happy overall how I did, I wouldn't trade my experience in eSports for anything in the world!

I will be switching to League of Legends and that's the game I have passion for right now and will try to become professional player there once I managed to find a team. I switched to League of Legends full time 3 weeks ago and I'm in Diamond 1 with 49 points so half way to challenger! Maybe I will fail, maybe I won't, but one thing is for sure and that is that I will regret if I didn't try.
I know there will be a lot of people coming to tell me I sucked at Starcraft II anyway and that im switching to League of Legends simply because its easier. Nope, I lost my passion for Starcraft II long time ago and I want to do something I love and enjoy doing, that something was once Starcraft II and it's time for me to move on.
Those who actively hate on League of Legends are free to unfollow me on all social networks! I will be streaming League of Legends from now on starting tomorrow at 2 PM CET on www.twitch.tv/beastyqt

I want to thanks to ALL my fans that supported me, you guys were and still are amazing, you will never know how much you helped me and made me keep fighting, I want to thank Team Empire for their support, i'll never forget you guys! Oh btw, since Gambit Gaming was Team Empire once im naturally Gambit Gaming fan haha I want to thank Mr Bitter and Rotterdam for their help and for letting me stay once again in their house in California for 4 months it really changed my life around. And last but not least I want to thank my family and my cute girlfriend for their huge support!!!

Have fun guys, I had a blast Love you all!

From Beastyqt's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Beastyqt

you will be missed!
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Moderatorlickypiddy
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
September 17 2013 22:27 GMT
#2
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
September 17 2013 22:28 GMT
#3
Well written and uplifting, we need more progamers like this

Godspeed, Beasty <3
imEnex
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada500 Posts
September 17 2013 22:28 GMT
#4
Another player retiring, its kind of obvious that the scene is declining. Lots of fanboys butthurt but people have to realize the truth.

User was warned for this post
Program yourself to Success
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
September 17 2013 22:28 GMT
#5


Best of luck Beastyqt, always loved seeing you play <3
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
XaMaXaM
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany113 Posts
September 17 2013 22:30 GMT
#6
On September 18 2013 07:27 KadaverBB wrote:

Nothing more to add.
I always liked to seeing him performing well and he has also a high SCIQ imo
QCD
Profile Joined September 2012
Suriname81 Posts
September 17 2013 22:30 GMT
#7
Will miss him, strong macro terran
k03k
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands15 Posts
September 17 2013 22:30 GMT
#8
y u do dis to us

Goodluck in the future <3
Fleshcut
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany592 Posts
September 17 2013 22:30 GMT
#9
Kinda breaks my heart even though I'm a zerg player but he surely made up for some awesome matches to watch (sadly he didn't win anything big). Be sure that I will remember you! =)

On the other hand, I am sad that so many WoL talents leave the game. I don't really care about the kespa guys because I never watched anything BW related BUT I do care even about the smaller players leaving the community. The reason why I am not devasted whenever someone leaves, is that I got the hope that some day some new Stephano will come up. Some new BeastyQT. Some new Kiwikaki and so on. =) HotS is relatively fresh, so please you unknown guys go out there and impress me!
ElhayM
Profile Joined February 2013
Canada134 Posts
September 17 2013 22:32 GMT
#10
Well written. Good luck, Beasty!
Team Captain Flipsid3 Tactics | @F3ElhayM
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
September 17 2013 22:32 GMT
#11
Sad to see you go, best of luck on your new path
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
splasha
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil86 Posts
September 17 2013 22:32 GMT
#12
another one
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
September 17 2013 22:33 GMT
#13
Best of luck.

I'm afraid the League haters are just as widespread though.
evilCursor
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany49 Posts
September 17 2013 22:33 GMT
#14
Was always cheering for you, all the best for you future endeavours
Discoverist
Profile Joined May 2012
10 Posts
September 17 2013 22:34 GMT
#15
i thought you slavs preferred dota 2
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
September 17 2013 22:35 GMT
#16
Sad to see him go, he was a good Terran.
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
September 17 2013 22:36 GMT
#17
Aw, I liked Beasty.

Good luck in life anyway. It's hard to make money as a progamer and I guess it's kind of good (in a sad way) to see people realizing that there are more stable ways for them to live their life. It sucks, but not everyone can be the number one player. Hope everything goes well for you and you find a career that you enjoy.
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
September 17 2013 22:38 GMT
#18
On September 18 2013 07:36 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Aw, I liked Beasty.

Good luck in life anyway. It's hard to make money as a progamer and I guess it's kind of good (in a sad way) to see people realizing that there are more stable ways for them to live their life. It sucks, but not everyone can be the number one player. Hope everything goes well for you and you find a career that you enjoy.

Well he did say that he's switching to LoL so still staying as a progamer...
Hello
mikkmagro
Profile Joined April 2011
Malta1513 Posts
September 17 2013 22:39 GMT
#19
It's a huge pity that someone like Beastyqt is retiring, but at least he's retiring on a high note. He accomplished a lot of things in SC2 during the last 3 years, and anyone saying he was not a top foreign terran is mistaken; it's just a pity that he never translated those skills to the big stage.

Good luck Beastyqt!
mousesports, Team Acer, Fnatic!
Lasbike
Profile Joined January 2011
France2888 Posts
September 17 2013 22:39 GMT
#20
One of the first terran I followed like 3 years ago
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 658
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings176
CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24473
Shuttle 11022
FanTaSy 1867
Hyuk 978
Horang2 576
BeSt 510
Mini 312
Stork 270
Pusan 239
EffOrt 154
[ Show more ]
Last 139
Killer 135
Zeus 118
Mind 92
ggaemo 74
Hyun 59
sorry 54
PianO 45
Snow 38
ToSsGirL 37
Sea.KH 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 26
Aegong 21
zelot 15
Sacsri 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe339
Dendi8
Counter-Strike
fl0m2184
byalli951
x6flipin306
Other Games
gofns31362
singsing2834
B2W.Neo735
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King62
Hui .35
Livibee28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 22m
Replay Cast
11h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 22m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.