• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:42
CEST 05:42
KST 12:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7478 users

[Winner's Interview] SSL Group Ro8 - Day 1

Forum Index > BW General
19 CommentsPost a Reply
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
April 27 2013 17:03 GMT
#1
[image loading]Banner by Hyde-nim


20130427 SSL Ro8 - Day 1
Really exciting games today should see all the games imo ^^;

Source - Daily eSports
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=76092 - 1st Match
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=76101 - 2nd Match

[Written by Daily eSports Nam Yoon Sung journalist thenam@dailyesports.com]
*Together in the eSports world with SK Telecom (www.sktelecom.com)

+ Show Spoiler [1st Match Winner] +

[Itembay] Jo Il Jang ((Z)hero), "I will do my best to cover Movie's absence."

[image loading]


For Hero, the opponent he wanted to avoid the most in the Sonic Starleague is Jin Young Hwa ((P)Movie). They were together on Kespa's 8th Team before and announced their retirement around similar time periods so they know each other well. Also Movie's verses zerg matchup was so good that Hero would've liked to avoid him if possible. However when the Round of 8 was picked, these two players met.

If this was an unavoidable obstacle, Hero had to prepare himself well to win. In a tough practice environment, Hero picked smart builds against Movie's choices, even blocking a strategic play by Movie and entered the Round of 4. Hero mentions that "I will do my best to cover Movie's absence."

Q. How do you feel as the first one entering the Round of 4?
Hero - Honestly I thought if I just avoid Movie it was possible, and after seeing the matchup list I wasn't feeling well. Anyways one person has to move on and I thought it would be okay if either of us moved on, since I moved on I'll do my best to cover Movie's absence.

Q. How did you feel when Movie was decided as your opponent?
Hero - I hated it. Since Movie is such a strong protoss and has excellent PvZ I was extremely worried. I was luckier than him today.

Q. You have a good ZvP record but your head to head score against Movie you were behind 3:6.
Hero - I have a mindset that I won't lose ZvP's but during my progamer days I kept losing to Movie. My progamer debut was slightly faster than Movie and I lost to him often during our several matches in our rookie period. After seeing Movie performing well later on, I thought "He was a worthy opponent that I could lose to."

Q. Did you do any special preparations for this match?
Hero - Different from our pro days, the way we practice is now open to everyone. So instead of any special prep, I brainstormed a lot. I believed in my judgment during the game.

Q. Why were you late to the studio?
Hero - I live in Kyunggido Hwasung so I didn't expect this amount of traffic on the weekends. There was so much congestion.

Q. It feels like the 3rd set of the turning point for you. Did you know Movie's strategy?
Hero - Movie used this kind of build regularly, and I played against a lot of these situations. Since it's hard for protoss on 'Andromeda' just doing regular builds, I saw other protoss use a similar strategy. So I had a strategy in mind.

Q. You did a great job blocking the cannon rush. Did you lose to this strategy often when you were in Team 8?
Hero - I didn't lose to it often, but after looking at the map I determined that this map was hard to cannon rush. Since it was hard to cannon rush I think Movie tried exploiting that point. I kept a close eye on the first probe.

Q. You're matched up with either Lim Hong Gyu ((Z)Larva) or Choi Ho Sun ((T)sSak), who do you want to meet?
Hero - It's the same for both. It is troublesome against terran, and since zerg is a mirror match up I can't make any predictions.


+ Show Spoiler [2nd Match Winner] +


[Itembay] Choi Ho Sun ((T)sSak), "This Round of 8 has become good training."

[image loading]


For Ssak amongst the ex-progamers in the Itembay 8th Sonic Starleague, his retirement was the most recent. It was close enough for him to even reconsider his retirement back when they held the Group Selection ceremony. For him that meant he has been training hard and that his pro sense was still alive.

Even when Ssak lost to former teammate Lim Hong Gyu ((Z)Larva) in the 1st set, Ssak lasted until the end. This was part of the process of finding his game sense. Pushing game 1 to the limits even getting ultralisk dropped, Ssak found his stride in game 2, he won the next 2 consecutively and entered the Round of 4. During his progaming days he didn't have many matches but it seems like he found the way to win.

Q. How do you feel entering the Round of 4?
Ssak - It was tougher than I expected. I recently caught a bad cold so I couldn't practice, I lost in the 1st set so easily so that made me nervous.

Q. How did you feel when Larva was decided as your opponent?
Ssak - I saw the matchups being drawn when I was eating. Recently Larva has barely lost any games to other BJ's, so that made me slightly nervous.

Q. During your SK Telecom T1 days, when you two played who won more?
Ssak - Since Larva was a practice partner back then I won more. But now Larva is much different. He has gotten very strong recently.

Q. People rate your verses zerg as a weak matchup, but your bio unit control today was decent.
Ssak - Thinking that I will have to practice even harder, I didn't perform well today. It feels like Larva couldn't get out of shock after he lost in the 2nd set.

Q. Any special preparations for this match?
Ssak - I couldn't practice a lot so I went freestyle. In the end, it turned out better than planned.

Q. In the 1st set, Larva's mutalisks gave you huge problems
Ssak - My first group of units that went out couldn't do anything, I knew I had lost the game then. Larva's mutalisk control was very good.

Q. As the sets continued, it felt like your management in the late game became more solid.
Ssak - As the sets went on I adapted better to the match. My hands felt warmed up and I could control the units the way I wanted to.

Q. You're playing against Hero in the Round of 4. People believe that he has a weak ZvT matchup. Are you confident enough to reach the finals?
Ssak - I practice with Hero in bit by bit regularly, he's a good player. I feel like the maps don't favor terran so I will have to prepare a lot.

Q. Anything you want to say?
Ssak - Nope.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51507 Posts
April 27 2013 17:11 GMT
#2
sigh...these results.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
April 27 2013 17:17 GMT
#3
did ssaks gf come to the game :p?

"anything else you want to say" -> no shoutout to gf this time.

he knows how to win the SSL
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
April 27 2013 17:22 GMT
#4
Has Sayle casted these yet? I can't find the ling, sorry if they've been dumped in an obvious spot that I just missed.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
April 27 2013 18:14 GMT
#5
On April 28 2013 02:11 BLinD-RawR wrote:
sigh...these results.

Larva died :DDDDDDDDDDD
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
April 27 2013 18:31 GMT
#6
On April 28 2013 02:22 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Has Sayle casted these yet? I can't find the ling, sorry if they've been dumped in an obvious spot that I just missed.

Not uploaded yet
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
April 27 2013 18:39 GMT
#7
Movie
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 27 2013 18:52 GMT
#8
I am quite happy with the results, contrary to popular opinion
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
April 27 2013 19:13 GMT
#9
"Nope." -Ssak
En Taro Violet
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
April 27 2013 19:46 GMT
#10
I'm sad about the movie, but at least ssak won and lowered the chance of a ZvZ final.

Thx for translating!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
April 27 2013 19:47 GMT
#11
On April 28 2013 02:11 BLinD-RawR wrote:
sigh...these results.

Movie out is sad but Larva getting outed is awesome ^.^

I want tvp finals
In the woods, there lurks..
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7079 Posts
April 27 2013 22:03 GMT
#12
Gj hero and sSak >.>
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-28 03:46:08
April 28 2013 03:44 GMT
#13
That map is hard to cannon rush, cannon rush anyway on the last game lol. I'm actually pretty happy for hero. Looking forward to ssak vs.hero.

Thanks for the translations

On April 28 2013 03:31 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2013 02:22 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Has Sayle casted these yet? I can't find the ling, sorry if they've been dumped in an obvious spot that I just missed.

Not uploaded yet

They're available now
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 28 2013 04:32 GMT
#14
Ssak who do you think you are, Midas?
Commentator
SamirDuran
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines895 Posts
April 28 2013 06:57 GMT
#15
Q. Anything you want to say?
Ssak - Nope.

that's the answer. lol
Don't practice until you can get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.
kjwcj
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia1064 Posts
April 28 2013 09:11 GMT
#16
Nope.
Writer
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
April 28 2013 12:20 GMT
#17
god damnit... T_T
T H C makes ppl happy
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 28 2013 14:11 GMT
#18
Ssak vs larva game one was honestly one of the best games I saw since the end of bw kespa
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
April 28 2013 16:07 GMT
#19
On April 28 2013 02:22 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Has Sayle casted these yet? I can't find the ling, sorry if they've been dumped in an obvious spot that I just missed.


You can't find the zergling ? it's okay I got your link right here https://www.youtube.com/user/SayleBW

I definitely wouldn't want a ZvZ finals no offense to the guys who love the same race matchup but TvZ finals really has that dynamic and crazy game play when both players are at their top going at it . Here is hoping Ssak will overcome all and be in the finals .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
BreakerD
Profile Joined March 2010
United States159 Posts
April 28 2013 20:19 GMT
#20
Ssak taking it all the way babyyyyyyyyy...............anything with T in the final is always more dynamic. Everybody knows Sayle's jaw dropped when the camera zoomed in on the stargirls around 3:10 of game four of Ssak and Larva............LOL.....

Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 39
NotJumperer 13
Noble 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever973
NeuroSwarm211
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft387
Other Games
summit1g7113
Coldzera 763
JimRising 660
C9.Mang0396
PiGStarcraft253
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1016
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream347
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo970
• Rush771
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.