• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:06
CEST 05:06
KST 12:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6057 users

WCS America Qualifier 1 Check-in Procedure

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 13:00:33
April 19 2013 12:57 GMT
#1
Please note that all registered players will be receiving an email and personal message on GameBattles with this information, as well as some additional information. Please make sure you check your email/personal messages on GameBattles for important information.

If you have registered for the WCS America Season 1 Qualifying Tournament, you will need to check-in prior to the start of the tournament in order to be seeded into the bracket. Failure to check-in will result in your exclusion from the Bracket, and you will not be added in after the check-in closes.

Check-in will take place Saturday, April 20th starting at 10:00 AM EDT and ending at 12:50 PM EDT. Check-in order will not influence who does, and who does not get into the bracket. The players that make the bracket will be the first 512 people based on their Registration, who have Checked-In. The bracket will not expand past 512 players. So for example, if the first 512 people that registered all check in, but their were 700 people that registered/checked in, the players 513-700 will not be seeded into the bracket.

Procedure to Check-in:

  • Go to the Tournament Info page to see the "Check In" tab. You can also get to the Check In tab directly by going HERE.

    [image loading]


  • Select the "CHECK IN" button

    [image loading]


  • Once Checked In, the box will go from a blue to a green, and the text will read "CHECKED IN." If you see this, you have checked in successfully. If you have done this, but it does not show you as Checked In, please contact our Live Support.

    [image loading]


  • Once Checked In, please go to ONE of the 6 chat rooms below on HotS:
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room A
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room B
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room C
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room D
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room E
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room F



  • Once Check In closes at 12:50 PM EDT, it will take roughly 25 minutes in order to seed the bracket. Once the bracket is seeded, please view the bracket to see if you have been seeded into the qualifier.


  • Once the bracket has been created, please begin your Winners Round 1 match as soon as the Tournament Officials instruct you to do so. Please be ready by 1 PM EDT to start the WR1 Match.
PiGStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1004 Posts
April 19 2013 13:15 GMT
#2
I registered but haven't received any of this information.

How can I confirm my registration was accepted?


P.S. Your website is very hard to navigate. I already spent a long time trying to figure out how to sign up as it kept asking for weird details like my team, and I had to go into an obscure area to add my bnet account to my profile before I could sign up.
Progamerwww.twitch.tv/x5_pig | pigrandom88@gmail.com | @x5_PiG | www.facebook.com/pigSC2
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 13:17 GMT
#3
On April 19 2013 22:15 PiGStarcraft wrote:
I registered but haven't received any of this information.

How can I confirm my registration was accepted?


P.S. Your website is very hard to navigate. I already spent a long time trying to figure out how to sign up as it kept asking for weird details like my team, and I had to go into an obscure area to add my bnet account to my profile before I could sign up.

If you go to "My Profile" (Upper left hover over your MLG Username), you'll be able to see your WCS Qualifier team if you registered.

I will be sending the registered players emails/PMs soon.
PiGStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1004 Posts
April 19 2013 13:21 GMT
#4
On April 19 2013 22:17 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 22:15 PiGStarcraft wrote:
I registered but haven't received any of this information.

How can I confirm my registration was accepted?


P.S. Your website is very hard to navigate. I already spent a long time trying to figure out how to sign up as it kept asking for weird details like my team, and I had to go into an obscure area to add my bnet account to my profile before I could sign up.

If you go to "My Profile" (Upper left hover over your MLG Username), you'll be able to see your WCS Qualifier team if you registered.

I will be sending the registered players emails/PMs soon.


Ok it says i am leader of my team for WCS qualifier, phew. Thanks Deimos, I appreciate the quick response.
Progamerwww.twitch.tv/x5_pig | pigrandom88@gmail.com | @x5_PiG | www.facebook.com/pigSC2
jalen
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia222 Posts
April 19 2013 13:29 GMT
#5
If the bracket are full in just 10mins. What will happen? i think this will be bad if too many gold players are fill in the bracket and real progamers are out because they just check in late.
Why don't you play other Dota kind games? Because there is no Denies!!!!
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 13:49:37
April 19 2013 13:31 GMT
#6
On April 19 2013 22:29 jalen wrote:
If the bracket are full in just 10mins. What will happen? i think this will be bad if too many gold players are fill in the bracket and real progamers are out because they just check in late.

The bracket size is 512 players. The people that will get into the bracket is based on the first 512 to register that check in, not off of the first 512 that check-in. So everybody can check-in, but then the 512 players that registered first and checked in will be the ones that are seeded.

So check-in will be open the full 2 hours 50 minutes, and the bracket will be seeded after.
comabreaded
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States2166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 16:54:24
April 19 2013 16:53 GMT
#7
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?
I put the fu in fun
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 17:01 GMT
#8
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 17:19:22
April 19 2013 17:18 GMT
#9
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.

Well, i'm glad I was one of the first to find the page and get registered.

Although I'm not too thrilled with the idea that if you didn't get into this qualifier you can't qualify for WCS at all. We have more than 1.1k people signed up, so even if more than 50% do not show (I'm guessing about 25-30% are no-shows) then people still won't be able to get in.

As you know, I've always tried to give constructive criticism and I must say that having invite-only for the Challenger league (lower league) seems like a bad idea. I hope you will reconsider this (and do another open bracket, with those people seeded into later rounds or something) if there are a lot of people who are turned away tomorrow because they didn't register in time. However, if we still don't get a full 512, then I don't think it's that bad.

As a side note, are you planning on doing a LR thread? I can get one up, and link to this thread for check-in process, if not. Just so that people have a place to talk about the tournament, upsets, favorites, etc.. Also, just wondering, I know that the registrants get in after the reserves, so who might those reserves be?

Thanks for the post Deimos.
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 19 2013 17:24 GMT
#10
An invite-only qualifier for the league that's supposed to be for new talent and up and coming players? The sound of that is terrible, you better invite everyone in GM and high masters, not only some pros off a list.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 18:38 GMT
#11


http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/additional-wcs-qualifier-broadcasts/
Sabre
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1086 Posts
April 19 2013 18:41 GMT
#12
On April 20 2013 02:24 StarVe wrote:
An invite-only qualifier for the league that's supposed to be for new talent and up and coming players? The sound of that is terrible, you better invite everyone in GM and high masters, not only some pros off a list.


it just seems counterintuitive
UK TrackMania Champion | Former SC2 player | http://www.twitter.com/Sabre_CS
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 18:43:53
April 19 2013 18:42 GMT
#13
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?
Plat Support Main #believe
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
April 19 2013 18:56 GMT
#14
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:

I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me.


This is why they needed to keep the sign-up fee.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 19 2013 19:02 GMT
#15
On April 20 2013 03:56 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:

I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me.


This is why they needed to keep the sign-up fee.

You just need to make a requirement that you need to be at least a mid/high master player with a certain number of points in order to sign up, nothing more. Fees can also discourage players who are good enough to beat pros.
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
April 19 2013 19:03 GMT
#16
On April 20 2013 03:56 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:

I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me.


This is why they needed to keep the sign-up fee.


Not necessarily. Code A qualifiers are free (maybe I'm wrong on this?) but they have a tiered order for who gets priority. Something like ESF > KeSPA > Foreign teams > KR ladder GM > everyone else.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 19:05 GMT
#17
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.
Arzar
Profile Joined October 2011
France51 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 19:17:37
April 19 2013 19:16 GMT
#18
I really don't understand why they (wce eu and na) just don't accept anyone, freely, during the signup-up period and when the check-in is closed just keep the 512 player with the highest ladder rank. It solve the issue of an hypothetical bronze player who sign-up for fun and take the place of a pro who check-in late, ensure that the level of play is good and also provide some incentive to actually play on the region you want to attend. It just seems so obvious to me, what am I missing ?
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 19:18:06
April 19 2013 19:17 GMT
#19
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.


That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
Tobon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States372 Posts
April 19 2013 19:21 GMT
#20
Is there any way to see the order of registration? I see 1,174 "teams" signed up on gamebattles, but the order of the teams in the list keeps changing every time I change pages, so I'm guessing the order there doesn't mean anything.

It would be nice to be able to check who registered in the first 512, and thus sure of getting a spot if they check in, and who is outside of that zone and needs to hope that there are no-shows ahead of them...
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2418
NotJumperer 12
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever992
NeuroSwarm215
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft132
Other Games
summit1g6635
Coldzera 774
JimRising 662
C9.Mang0370
PiGStarcraft265
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1004
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo476
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.