• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8111 users

WCS America Qualifier 1 Check-in Procedure

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Normal
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 13:00:33
April 19 2013 12:57 GMT
#1
Please note that all registered players will be receiving an email and personal message on GameBattles with this information, as well as some additional information. Please make sure you check your email/personal messages on GameBattles for important information.

If you have registered for the WCS America Season 1 Qualifying Tournament, you will need to check-in prior to the start of the tournament in order to be seeded into the bracket. Failure to check-in will result in your exclusion from the Bracket, and you will not be added in after the check-in closes.

Check-in will take place Saturday, April 20th starting at 10:00 AM EDT and ending at 12:50 PM EDT. Check-in order will not influence who does, and who does not get into the bracket. The players that make the bracket will be the first 512 people based on their Registration, who have Checked-In. The bracket will not expand past 512 players. So for example, if the first 512 people that registered all check in, but their were 700 people that registered/checked in, the players 513-700 will not be seeded into the bracket.

Procedure to Check-in:

  • Go to the Tournament Info page to see the "Check In" tab. You can also get to the Check In tab directly by going HERE.

    [image loading]


  • Select the "CHECK IN" button

    [image loading]


  • Once Checked In, the box will go from a blue to a green, and the text will read "CHECKED IN." If you see this, you have checked in successfully. If you have done this, but it does not show you as Checked In, please contact our Live Support.

    [image loading]


  • Once Checked In, please go to ONE of the 6 chat rooms below on HotS:
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room A
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room B
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room C
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room D
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room E
    • WCS NA Qualifier 1 Room F



  • Once Check In closes at 12:50 PM EDT, it will take roughly 25 minutes in order to seed the bracket. Once the bracket is seeded, please view the bracket to see if you have been seeded into the qualifier.


  • Once the bracket has been created, please begin your Winners Round 1 match as soon as the Tournament Officials instruct you to do so. Please be ready by 1 PM EDT to start the WR1 Match.
PiGStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1004 Posts
April 19 2013 13:15 GMT
#2
I registered but haven't received any of this information.

How can I confirm my registration was accepted?


P.S. Your website is very hard to navigate. I already spent a long time trying to figure out how to sign up as it kept asking for weird details like my team, and I had to go into an obscure area to add my bnet account to my profile before I could sign up.
Progamerwww.twitch.tv/x5_pig | pigrandom88@gmail.com | @x5_PiG | www.facebook.com/pigSC2
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 13:17 GMT
#3
On April 19 2013 22:15 PiGStarcraft wrote:
I registered but haven't received any of this information.

How can I confirm my registration was accepted?


P.S. Your website is very hard to navigate. I already spent a long time trying to figure out how to sign up as it kept asking for weird details like my team, and I had to go into an obscure area to add my bnet account to my profile before I could sign up.

If you go to "My Profile" (Upper left hover over your MLG Username), you'll be able to see your WCS Qualifier team if you registered.

I will be sending the registered players emails/PMs soon.
PiGStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1004 Posts
April 19 2013 13:21 GMT
#4
On April 19 2013 22:17 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 22:15 PiGStarcraft wrote:
I registered but haven't received any of this information.

How can I confirm my registration was accepted?


P.S. Your website is very hard to navigate. I already spent a long time trying to figure out how to sign up as it kept asking for weird details like my team, and I had to go into an obscure area to add my bnet account to my profile before I could sign up.

If you go to "My Profile" (Upper left hover over your MLG Username), you'll be able to see your WCS Qualifier team if you registered.

I will be sending the registered players emails/PMs soon.


Ok it says i am leader of my team for WCS qualifier, phew. Thanks Deimos, I appreciate the quick response.
Progamerwww.twitch.tv/x5_pig | pigrandom88@gmail.com | @x5_PiG | www.facebook.com/pigSC2
jalen
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia222 Posts
April 19 2013 13:29 GMT
#5
If the bracket are full in just 10mins. What will happen? i think this will be bad if too many gold players are fill in the bracket and real progamers are out because they just check in late.
Why don't you play other Dota kind games? Because there is no Denies!!!!
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 13:49:37
April 19 2013 13:31 GMT
#6
On April 19 2013 22:29 jalen wrote:
If the bracket are full in just 10mins. What will happen? i think this will be bad if too many gold players are fill in the bracket and real progamers are out because they just check in late.

The bracket size is 512 players. The people that will get into the bracket is based on the first 512 to register that check in, not off of the first 512 that check-in. So everybody can check-in, but then the 512 players that registered first and checked in will be the ones that are seeded.

So check-in will be open the full 2 hours 50 minutes, and the bracket will be seeded after.
comabreaded
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States2166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 16:54:24
April 19 2013 16:53 GMT
#7
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?
I put the fu in fun
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 17:01 GMT
#8
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 17:19:22
April 19 2013 17:18 GMT
#9
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.

Well, i'm glad I was one of the first to find the page and get registered.

Although I'm not too thrilled with the idea that if you didn't get into this qualifier you can't qualify for WCS at all. We have more than 1.1k people signed up, so even if more than 50% do not show (I'm guessing about 25-30% are no-shows) then people still won't be able to get in.

As you know, I've always tried to give constructive criticism and I must say that having invite-only for the Challenger league (lower league) seems like a bad idea. I hope you will reconsider this (and do another open bracket, with those people seeded into later rounds or something) if there are a lot of people who are turned away tomorrow because they didn't register in time. However, if we still don't get a full 512, then I don't think it's that bad.

As a side note, are you planning on doing a LR thread? I can get one up, and link to this thread for check-in process, if not. Just so that people have a place to talk about the tournament, upsets, favorites, etc.. Also, just wondering, I know that the registrants get in after the reserves, so who might those reserves be?

Thanks for the post Deimos.
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 19 2013 17:24 GMT
#10
An invite-only qualifier for the league that's supposed to be for new talent and up and coming players? The sound of that is terrible, you better invite everyone in GM and high masters, not only some pros off a list.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 18:38 GMT
#11


http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/additional-wcs-qualifier-broadcasts/
Sabre
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1086 Posts
April 19 2013 18:41 GMT
#12
On April 20 2013 02:24 StarVe wrote:
An invite-only qualifier for the league that's supposed to be for new talent and up and coming players? The sound of that is terrible, you better invite everyone in GM and high masters, not only some pros off a list.


it just seems counterintuitive
UK TrackMania Champion | Former SC2 player | http://www.twitter.com/Sabre_CS
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 18:43:53
April 19 2013 18:42 GMT
#13
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?
Plat Support Main #believe
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
April 19 2013 18:56 GMT
#14
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:

I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me.


This is why they needed to keep the sign-up fee.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 19 2013 19:02 GMT
#15
On April 20 2013 03:56 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:

I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me.


This is why they needed to keep the sign-up fee.

You just need to make a requirement that you need to be at least a mid/high master player with a certain number of points in order to sign up, nothing more. Fees can also discourage players who are good enough to beat pros.
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
April 19 2013 19:03 GMT
#16
On April 20 2013 03:56 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:

I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me.


This is why they needed to keep the sign-up fee.


Not necessarily. Code A qualifiers are free (maybe I'm wrong on this?) but they have a tiered order for who gets priority. Something like ESF > KeSPA > Foreign teams > KR ladder GM > everyone else.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 19 2013 19:05 GMT
#17
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.
Arzar
Profile Joined October 2011
France51 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 19:17:37
April 19 2013 19:16 GMT
#18
I really don't understand why they (wce eu and na) just don't accept anyone, freely, during the signup-up period and when the check-in is closed just keep the 512 player with the highest ladder rank. It solve the issue of an hypothetical bronze player who sign-up for fun and take the place of a pro who check-in late, ensure that the level of play is good and also provide some incentive to actually play on the region you want to attend. It just seems so obvious to me, what am I missing ?
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 19:18:06
April 19 2013 19:17 GMT
#19
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.


That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
Tobon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States372 Posts
April 19 2013 19:21 GMT
#20
Is there any way to see the order of registration? I see 1,174 "teams" signed up on gamebattles, but the order of the teams in the list keeps changing every time I change pages, so I'm guessing the order there doesn't mean anything.

It would be nice to be able to check who registered in the first 512, and thus sure of getting a spot if they check in, and who is outside of that zone and needs to hope that there are no-shows ahead of them...
Awesomeness
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1361 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 19:32:23
April 19 2013 19:29 GMT
#21
Sucks to have only 1 qualifier that is limited to 512 players. There could be a lot of players who would have the chance to qualify, but don't check in in the first 30 seconds...

/e: Oh it's based on the registration time. Not sure if this is better or even worse.
xlord 5:0
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 19 2013 19:33 GMT
#22
On April 20 2013 04:17 dgwow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.


That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.


They have 64 slots reserved for "selected" players, who I assume to be pros. And this is the price we pay for free sign ups, but those who don't get in because of whatever issue will likely still complain.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
April 19 2013 20:07 GMT
#23
On April 20 2013 04:33 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 04:17 dgwow wrote:
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.


That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.


They have 64 slots reserved for "selected" players, who I assume to be pros. And this is the price we pay for free sign ups, but those who don't get in because of whatever issue will likely still complain.


What a terrible, terrible price. So hard to have a rank cut off. You know, it's so hard to assure serious participants by limiting it to those that actually have a chance to qualify. It's such a miracle that 99.99% of tournaments to ever take place haven't had a price attached to qualifiers. Hopefully some shillers console me, as the price we now have to pay is just so hard to bear. Give me a hug.
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
April 19 2013 20:54 GMT
#24
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.

I know. But the question is how many pro, semi-pro, and/or fan favorites are going to be barred from entering the WCS Quals because they didn't sign up early enough?

On April 20 2013 04:17 dgwow wrote:
That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.

Exactly.

And I agree with people who've mentioned that there should at least be a Master's and above cut-off. I'm a Rank 30 Diamond. That means I have near a 50% win-rate against other Diamonds. In an ideal world, I should be allowed to compete, but NOT when there's such a limited number of slots in this Qualifiers (512 only).
Plat Support Main #believe
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
April 19 2013 20:59 GMT
#25
On April 20 2013 04:33 Plansix wrote:
They have 64 slots reserved for "selected" players, who I assume to be pros. And this is the price we pay for free sign ups, but those who don't get in because of whatever issue will likely still complain.

That's good if there have already been 64 reserved slots (invites) for the quals, already. I don't recall reading this before, though, so if it was mentioned it may not have been very clear
Plat Support Main #believe
Rantech
Profile Joined April 2010
Chile527 Posts
April 19 2013 21:04 GMT
#26
Crap. Registration closed as i was trying to navigate trhough this beautifully well designed website of yours, dear mlg.
TarLaPaN
Profile Joined June 2012
United States113 Posts
April 20 2013 00:42 GMT
#27
Does the time in which you check in have any affect on being seeded or not?
CHeeSY
Profile Joined July 2010
United States45 Posts
April 20 2013 01:57 GMT
#28
In light of the hard cap you guys are placing, will there be any modification to the substitution rules? At least substitutions should be allowed to facilitate more qualified players getting spots if the other player wants to give it up. This is a conversation I had with a gamebattles admin regarding the policy:

WCS NA Qualifier Question: In the event that someone does not make it into the bracket tomorrow for the qualifier if they are outside the "registered first 512" that checkin, is it possible to substitute a player that did not get in for one that did get in? (i.e. manager signed up, gets one of 512 spots, his player did not get in, can they switch spots?)
HammerTime has joined the chat.
HammerTime: Hello, how can I help you?
xSixCHeeSY: Hi, can u see the question above?
HammerTime: I can, and the answer is no. Rosters are locked, and we can not switch people out like that. I do apologize.
xSixCHeeSY: So basically if they registered later they are out of luck completely?
HammerTime: So the way it works is that we have a check in system. So lets say for example we have 555 teams registered.
HammerTime: When check in ocurrs, only 505 of the 512 players check in. It means that those 7 players will be removed, and a new seven players will be chosen.
HammerTime: The seven that would be chosen would be the first to sign up after the 512
xSixCHeeSY: Right, but what's the problem with the substitution
HammerTime: Its league policy. Its in our rules that roster changes will not be allowed.
xSixCHeeSY: Well the problem is that WCS as run by blizzard is designed to be an open tournament
xSixCHeeSY: ESL in running the european counterpart expanded their 512 person bracket to accomodate for that fact
HammerTime: We are not doing so. I do apologize.
xSixCHeeSY: OK thanks.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 20 2013 10:57 GMT
#29
On April 20 2013 09:42 TarLaPaN wrote:
Does the time in which you check in have any affect on being seeded or not?

No, it would go by the first 512 to register AND check-in. I would suggest not wait till the last possible second to check-in though.
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
April 20 2013 11:03 GMT
#30
Still can't believe it's only a 512 man bracket.

EU gives the chance for over 2,000 people to qualify and NA gets this!

I expect a LOT of people who should get a chance won't even manage to get a spot in the bracket.
@followMVT
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 14:17:07
April 20 2013 14:15 GMT
#31
Check in is now open. Remember, if you registered, you MUST check in by 12:50 PM EDT, or you will not be seeded into the tournament.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 20 2013 15:58 GMT
#32
Less than an hour to check in now!
Megiddosc
Profile Joined April 2011
United States966 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 16:05:50
April 20 2013 16:04 GMT
#33
Oh wow. So American Code A is only going to be 16 people? And top 8 moves onto Code S, right? So if ya win one match then you're in Code S for next season? Or do I have that wrong?

EDIT: Ah, forgot that people will fall from Code S to Code A. So it'll likely be two matches.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 20 2013 16:42 GMT
#34
Less than 10 minutes left to check in!
Megiddosc
Profile Joined April 2011
United States966 Posts
April 20 2013 16:52 GMT
#35
Where is the list of players who checked in?
feij
Profile Joined April 2013
China4 Posts
April 21 2013 11:03 GMT
#36
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


Will the invite list be only the 9th to 40th from the qualifying tournament 1 or contents other player? what about the match detail idea?
it's sure the qualifying tournament 1 can't satisfy most players who want to join WCS NA, including many progamers in China....we get the news too late and can't register the match at the first time....
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 21 2013 16:20 GMT
#37
On April 21 2013 20:03 feij wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


Will the invite list be only the 9th to 40th from the qualifying tournament 1 or contents other player? what about the match detail idea?
it's sure the qualifying tournament 1 can't satisfy most players who want to join WCS NA, including many progamers in China....we get the news too late and can't register the match at the first time....


Yeah, can we get an update on this? Is everyone who lost in these qualifiers now done for WCS NA this season? What about all the people who didnt get to play..?
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 21:04:39
April 21 2013 21:04 GMT
#38
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 21 2013 21:23 GMT
#39
On April 22 2013 06:04 FXOdesRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?


Can you please confirm/deny this MLG?
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 21 2013 21:45 GMT
#40
On April 22 2013 06:04 FXOdesRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?


what about the people who got knocked out by Desrow!?
Thrillhouse
Profile Joined December 2010
United States27 Posts
April 22 2013 01:37 GMT
#41
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.



What does "9th-40th" mean in this tournament? There's a round of 48, 16 games are played, then there's a round of 32. Who are the 'top 8' among the losers of those 16 games (i.e., who are 33-40th place)?
You want excitement?! Shove THIS up your stocking!!
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
April 22 2013 01:43 GMT
#42
On April 22 2013 06:04 FXOdesRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?

NAs and EUs beat KRs.... Get better and you will too.
SaroVati
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada280 Posts
April 22 2013 04:21 GMT
#43
9th-40th of this tournament get invited huh.... So I had to write a final during the ONLY qualifier you guys held, so I couldn't participate, and now I'm not even allowed a chance to participate? Oh dear GL with the tournament I guess aha
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 04:54:47
April 22 2013 04:26 GMT
#44
On April 22 2013 13:21 SaroVati wrote:
9th-40th of this tournament get invited huh.... So I had to write a final during the ONLY qualifier you guys held, so I couldn't participate, and now I'm not even allowed a chance to participate? Oh dear GL with the tournament I guess aha


Exact same position I'm in. I purposely skipped trying to get into day 2 because I knew I had finals to work on Sunday. I was in R5 losers bracket and I'm quite sure, judging from my bracket, I could have gotten to at least R8. Instead, I chose to focus on school work only to come across this information that was not given to players well ahead of time. Pretty silly since my summer break will pretty much end right at the end of next season so I have absolutely no chance to practice for any of these events anymore.

Thanks MLG. Way to get that information out there via a thread on TL. Laughable organization in this tournament.

+ Show Spoiler +
If you couldn't tell this makes me pretty angry. I'm not as covert as Sarovati because this is a serious misstep MLG should be called out on. -sigh-


@Geokilla: Your post bleeds ignorance. People have no control over a randomized bracket. In fact, I'm quite positive they shuffled the first bracket they had for the tournament because too many koreans/pro players matched vs each other round 1. This is one of the reasons the games started nearly an hour late specifically due to MLG. I don't want to come down on your post too hard, but instead of blindly insulting someone's skill maybe you should think about the situation first...
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
April 22 2013 04:34 GMT
#45
Yup, I didn't realize that the second qualifier (for the LESS prestigious division) was going to be invite-only based on the results of the first qualifier (which capped registration at 512 people).

MLG, Blizzard, doesn't really matter who you point the finger at but WCS is off to a pathetic start :/
I <3 StarCraft.
Blackrobe
Profile Joined August 2010
United States806 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 05:15:46
April 22 2013 05:15 GMT
#46
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


Wait, the Code A qualifiers are invited?

and also based on the 512 previous qualifier?

What...............?
"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
8mmspikes
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1704 Posts
April 22 2013 05:58 GMT
#47
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


So if you didn't get to sign up for this first qualifier then you can't play in the qualifier for Challenger? That's all kinds of messed up
Suppy fan | ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WELL MET ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ | http://www.twitter.com/8mmspikes
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11748
StarCastTV_EN278
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings43
CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 7132
Jaedong 3259
EffOrt 2090
actioN 892
BeSt 830
Killer 497
Soma 497
Horang2 449
Pusan 347
ZerO 331
[ Show more ]
Stork 183
Zeus 159
Rush 99
JYJ 91
soO 69
HiyA 61
Barracks 52
Mong 39
ToSsGirL 36
Shinee 33
Bale 28
Sharp 24
NaDa 21
sorry 20
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 16
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3382
XaKoH 362
Counter-Strike
edward62
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1025
WinterStarcraft839
Other Games
gofns55330
singsing1322
olofmeister1228
ceh9543
byalli369
Livibee195
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick515
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream390
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 178
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1920
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.