• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8908 users

WCS America Qualifier 1 Check-in Procedure - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Awesomeness
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1361 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 19:32:23
April 19 2013 19:29 GMT
#21
Sucks to have only 1 qualifier that is limited to 512 players. There could be a lot of players who would have the chance to qualify, but don't check in in the first 30 seconds...

/e: Oh it's based on the registration time. Not sure if this is better or even worse.
xlord 5:0
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 19 2013 19:33 GMT
#22
On April 20 2013 04:17 dgwow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.


That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.


They have 64 slots reserved for "selected" players, who I assume to be pros. And this is the price we pay for free sign ups, but those who don't get in because of whatever issue will likely still complain.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
April 19 2013 20:07 GMT
#23
On April 20 2013 04:33 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 04:17 dgwow wrote:
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.


That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.


They have 64 slots reserved for "selected" players, who I assume to be pros. And this is the price we pay for free sign ups, but those who don't get in because of whatever issue will likely still complain.


What a terrible, terrible price. So hard to have a rank cut off. You know, it's so hard to assure serious participants by limiting it to those that actually have a chance to qualify. It's such a miracle that 99.99% of tournaments to ever take place haven't had a price attached to qualifiers. Hopefully some shillers console me, as the price we now have to pay is just so hard to bear. Give me a hug.
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
April 19 2013 20:54 GMT
#24
On April 20 2013 04:05 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 03:42 Jacmert wrote:
So are we going to run into the issue where some progamers and semi-pro/top players aren't able to play in the qualifiers because they registered too late (i.e. past the first 512 people)?

I registered as around #250'ish, but I'm just a Diamond Protoss. I'm not doing this because I think I have a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be an interesting experience for me. But I don't want to be part of a problem where someone like QXC (just as an example; although his name in particular I think I saw around the #300 mark) doesn't even get a chance to be in the qualifiers. I remember seeing at least one or two other notable names past the #512 mark. And I'm sure there are tons like me who registered early but are less than Masters league (I didn't recognize many names at all for the first 300 players, and I was checking who was registering).

Response from MLG, please?

The 512 spots go to the first 512 registered and checked in.

I know. But the question is how many pro, semi-pro, and/or fan favorites are going to be barred from entering the WCS Quals because they didn't sign up early enough?

On April 20 2013 04:17 dgwow wrote:
That is kind of ill-thought, like others are mentioning, I would have hoped there would be given priority to players who are pro-gamers/GM-master league. If 512 players check in before some of those players do, that would be unfortunate. With a sign-in cost that probably wouldn't have happened, and while I prefer that the qualifiers do not cost anything, it would still be logical to see some kind of priority system implemented.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future qualifiers.

Exactly.

And I agree with people who've mentioned that there should at least be a Master's and above cut-off. I'm a Rank 30 Diamond. That means I have near a 50% win-rate against other Diamonds. In an ideal world, I should be allowed to compete, but NOT when there's such a limited number of slots in this Qualifiers (512 only).
Plat Support Main #believe
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
April 19 2013 20:59 GMT
#25
On April 20 2013 04:33 Plansix wrote:
They have 64 slots reserved for "selected" players, who I assume to be pros. And this is the price we pay for free sign ups, but those who don't get in because of whatever issue will likely still complain.

That's good if there have already been 64 reserved slots (invites) for the quals, already. I don't recall reading this before, though, so if it was mentioned it may not have been very clear
Plat Support Main #believe
Rantech
Profile Joined April 2010
Chile527 Posts
April 19 2013 21:04 GMT
#26
Crap. Registration closed as i was trying to navigate trhough this beautifully well designed website of yours, dear mlg.
TarLaPaN
Profile Joined June 2012
United States113 Posts
April 20 2013 00:42 GMT
#27
Does the time in which you check in have any affect on being seeded or not?
CHeeSY
Profile Joined July 2010
United States45 Posts
April 20 2013 01:57 GMT
#28
In light of the hard cap you guys are placing, will there be any modification to the substitution rules? At least substitutions should be allowed to facilitate more qualified players getting spots if the other player wants to give it up. This is a conversation I had with a gamebattles admin regarding the policy:

WCS NA Qualifier Question: In the event that someone does not make it into the bracket tomorrow for the qualifier if they are outside the "registered first 512" that checkin, is it possible to substitute a player that did not get in for one that did get in? (i.e. manager signed up, gets one of 512 spots, his player did not get in, can they switch spots?)
HammerTime has joined the chat.
HammerTime: Hello, how can I help you?
xSixCHeeSY: Hi, can u see the question above?
HammerTime: I can, and the answer is no. Rosters are locked, and we can not switch people out like that. I do apologize.
xSixCHeeSY: So basically if they registered later they are out of luck completely?
HammerTime: So the way it works is that we have a check in system. So lets say for example we have 555 teams registered.
HammerTime: When check in ocurrs, only 505 of the 512 players check in. It means that those 7 players will be removed, and a new seven players will be chosen.
HammerTime: The seven that would be chosen would be the first to sign up after the 512
xSixCHeeSY: Right, but what's the problem with the substitution
HammerTime: Its league policy. Its in our rules that roster changes will not be allowed.
xSixCHeeSY: Well the problem is that WCS as run by blizzard is designed to be an open tournament
xSixCHeeSY: ESL in running the european counterpart expanded their 512 person bracket to accomodate for that fact
HammerTime: We are not doing so. I do apologize.
xSixCHeeSY: OK thanks.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 20 2013 10:57 GMT
#29
On April 20 2013 09:42 TarLaPaN wrote:
Does the time in which you check in have any affect on being seeded or not?

No, it would go by the first 512 to register AND check-in. I would suggest not wait till the last possible second to check-in though.
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
April 20 2013 11:03 GMT
#30
Still can't believe it's only a 512 man bracket.

EU gives the chance for over 2,000 people to qualify and NA gets this!

I expect a LOT of people who should get a chance won't even manage to get a spot in the bracket.
@followMVT
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 14:17:07
April 20 2013 14:15 GMT
#31
Check in is now open. Remember, if you registered, you MUST check in by 12:50 PM EDT, or you will not be seeded into the tournament.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 20 2013 15:58 GMT
#32
Less than an hour to check in now!
Megiddosc
Profile Joined April 2011
United States966 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 16:05:50
April 20 2013 16:04 GMT
#33
Oh wow. So American Code A is only going to be 16 people? And top 8 moves onto Code S, right? So if ya win one match then you're in Code S for next season? Or do I have that wrong?

EDIT: Ah, forgot that people will fall from Code S to Code A. So it'll likely be two matches.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 20 2013 16:42 GMT
#34
Less than 10 minutes left to check in!
Megiddosc
Profile Joined April 2011
United States966 Posts
April 20 2013 16:52 GMT
#35
Where is the list of players who checked in?
feij
Profile Joined April 2013
China4 Posts
April 21 2013 11:03 GMT
#36
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


Will the invite list be only the 9th to 40th from the qualifying tournament 1 or contents other player? what about the match detail idea?
it's sure the qualifying tournament 1 can't satisfy most players who want to join WCS NA, including many progamers in China....we get the news too late and can't register the match at the first time....
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 21 2013 16:20 GMT
#37
On April 21 2013 20:03 feij wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


Will the invite list be only the 9th to 40th from the qualifying tournament 1 or contents other player? what about the match detail idea?
it's sure the qualifying tournament 1 can't satisfy most players who want to join WCS NA, including many progamers in China....we get the news too late and can't register the match at the first time....


Yeah, can we get an update on this? Is everyone who lost in these qualifiers now done for WCS NA this season? What about all the people who didnt get to play..?
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 21:04:39
April 21 2013 21:04 GMT
#38
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 21 2013 21:23 GMT
#39
On April 22 2013 06:04 FXOdesRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?


Can you please confirm/deny this MLG?
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 21 2013 21:45 GMT
#40
On April 22 2013 06:04 FXOdesRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 02:01 MLG Deimos wrote:
On April 20 2013 01:53 comabreaded wrote:
Does 'WCS America Qualifier 1" indicate that there is more than 1 qualifier? I thought there were 2 qualifiers of 256 players (http://i.imgur.com/rJ9Hpwe.png)? Is there now only 1 qualifier of 512 players, or 2 qualifiers of 512 players?

There will be a 2nd invite only qualifier next weekend to decide the 16 players entering the challenger league.

9th-40th from the Qualifying Tournament 1, will get an invite the 2nd qualifier.


I hope this will be changed. Put up a paywall or make it GM/ above 1500master league points requirement. The top40 of Premier qualifier is non sense, what about the players who faced Koreans and those who didn't ?!?!?


what about the people who got knocked out by Desrow!?
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 80
SortOf 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2333
Shinee 70
NotJumperer 15
Noble 12
Icarus 5
sorry 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1416
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 689
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft568
Other Games
summit1g7183
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0321
PiGStarcraft260
ArmadaUGS36
RuFF_SC224
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick937
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota297
League of Legends
• Lourlo1249
• Rush1094
• Stunt278
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.