• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7551 users

[M] (4) TPW Electric Circuit

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-07 20:42:59
April 11 2013 15:24 GMT
#1
[image loading]

TPW Electric Circuit

by lefix
148x148
Top Overview: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


TLMC Finalist. See voting thread here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416242&currentpage=4
Map thread updated was overdue. This is the current version (Including some screenshots from TL Open)


[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 11 2013 15:39 GMT
#2
I wonder about the paths around the middle being legitimate routes. Good effort nonetheless.
SC2 Mapmaker
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
April 11 2013 16:17 GMT
#3
This map gives me nerdchills, it looks very nice! I have no doubts that I will destroy anyone through that backdoor with a nice timed roach push - thanks for that :D
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
Kruxxen
Profile Joined April 2010
United States149 Posts
April 11 2013 17:07 GMT
#4
Great map, I love what you did with the lighting it looks really awesome in the screenshots.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
April 11 2013 17:33 GMT
#5
It might be a nice positional addition to make the inbase cliff the fourth expo. That way the clockwise player, while they have an easier fourth, has a cliff. The counterclockwise player's fourth is harder but has no cliff.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-11 17:40:45
April 11 2013 17:39 GMT
#6
I think the lighting is just the default skygeirr platform lighting. I know since it's a port of a successful BW map everyone just assumes the layout is good, but I wonder about close positions. Not because it's too close, but because of the 4th being considerably easier for the CW player than the CCW. Unless you really think that the CCW can take the base that's right beneath CW's natural cliff.

edit: lol @ me and monitor. sorry for the (basically) double post
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
April 11 2013 19:01 GMT
#7
Is it a nice port? Yes,

Is it a good SC2 map? Highly unlikely.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 11 2013 19:10 GMT
#8
On April 12 2013 04:01 SiskosGoatee wrote:
Is it a nice port? Yes,

Is it a good SC2 map? Highly unlikely.

Siskos actually right, but it's a fun map for sure.
SC2 Mapmaker
Quakecomm
Profile Joined April 2012
United States344 Posts
April 11 2013 20:04 GMT
#9
will terrans be able to wall of their main?
otherwise great map
gorkey island is the only good map
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 11 2013 20:10 GMT
#10
Well I'm looking forward to playing customs on this. I loved Electric Cicuit. ^^
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 11 2013 22:11 GMT
#11
This map, even though it's a BW port, is the most Blizzard-like map I've seen from you. It has its flaws, yes, but it looks seriously cool, and very inspired. Some of the elements of this map could be used with more standard map design, to create a map both well-balanced and inspiring. Although, that's the hardest part of making a great map, so I'm afraid I have to sound vague about it. I'm sure you could pull it off, though
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
April 11 2013 23:04 GMT
#12
middle needs to be a bit more open, and the 4ths need to be tucked in more, but thats not possible because the map size is too small with sc2 xD good map though :D
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 11 2013 23:36 GMT
#13
I think SC2 needs more complicated terrain than BW due to the ease of moving units around and better pathing. I think that is an overlooked issue with ports.
SC2 Mapmaker
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 11 2013 23:53 GMT
#14
On April 12 2013 08:36 lorestarcraft wrote:
I think SC2 needs more complicated terrain than BW due to the ease of moving units around and better pathing. I think that is an overlooked issue with ports.


I don't think that's really the case at all. The majority of the maps we have don't even have complicated terrain. I mean look at Whirlwind, that's hardly complicated.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
April 11 2013 23:54 GMT
#15
@siskos: It's possible that the map won't work very well. But I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. What makes a map look difficult to play on might as well be what makes it interesting without neccesarily being unbalanced. Especially in the current state of HotS where lots of balance patches are to be expected. I still think it could be a great map in SC2, and adjustments to map size, openess, etc can be made as well
And in the worst case scenario, it's still a map that a few people will appreciate because of the BW nostalgia.

@lorestarcraft: I am not sure that's something we should be doing, making maps with bad pathing because bw pathing wasn't as good as it is now.
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 12 2013 03:44 GMT
#16
@lefix, I wasn't saying that, I'm saying that is a reason BW don't port to SC2 with the same game-play level and balance.
SC2 Mapmaker
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
April 12 2013 05:19 GMT
#17
On April 12 2013 12:44 lorestarcraft wrote:
@lefix, I wasn't saying that, I'm saying that is a reason BW don't port to SC2 with the same game-play level and balance.


You're right that BW had much different gameplay and balance...

But as a mapmaker, I can say that we don't just remake BW maps for the sake of making BW maps -- we remake them because they're fucking genius. The layouts are so good that we wish we had come up with them ourselves. Mapmaking theory hasn't changed much
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 12 2013 09:00 GMT
#18
On April 12 2013 12:44 lorestarcraft wrote:
@lefix, I wasn't saying that, I'm saying that is a reason BW don't port to SC2 with the same game-play level and balance.


The only reason why fighting spirit was changed by Kespa is new protoss needed forcefieldable chokes (how much I hate that >_<)

This map looks fine in the fact none of it is super open. The only thing I'd do is maybe remove a gas from the in base expo or make it mineral only to make people want to leave their base rather than turtle.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
April 12 2013 19:20 GMT
#19
On April 12 2013 14:19 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2013 12:44 lorestarcraft wrote:
@lefix, I wasn't saying that, I'm saying that is a reason BW don't port to SC2 with the same game-play level and balance.


You're right that BW had much different gameplay and balance...

But as a mapmaker, I can say that we don't just remake BW maps for the sake of making BW maps -- we remake them because they're fucking genius. The layouts are so good that we wish we had come up with them ourselves.
I disagree, they are certainly not brilliant in the context of SC2. Most are also imbalanced in the context of BW. The fact that you could do less and had less levels to work with also makes the maps in general more simplistic. I think it's mostly a nostalgia factor and I do think people tend to overrate everything to do with BW just a little too much.


Mapmaking theory hasn't changed much
Everything except that most maps have a main and a natural has changed.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
June 07 2013 20:45 GMT
#20
Map has been updated for TLMC, so updating this thread was long overdue.
If you like this map, go vote for it
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 156
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 462
Mong 107
Shinee 71
Bale 24
NotJumperer 18
Shine 15
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
JimRising 624
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 844
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft721
Other Games
summit1g7661
C9.Mang0300
ceh9248
PiGStarcraft229
Happy91
Livibee70
RuFF_SC228
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick557
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream453
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Lourlo1243
• Rush1212
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
3h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
17h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 4h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.