• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:10
CEST 00:10
KST 07:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10808 users

[M] (2) Beelzebub

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-30 18:17:27
May 23 2012 22:22 GMT
#1
Beelzebub

Created by Rife and Meltage

Published on [NA] in the arcade


[image loading]

Playable Size: 124 x 124


Before
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Analyzer
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]


Screenshots
+ Show Spoiler +

Main
[image loading]

Natural
[image loading]

Third
[image loading]

Fourth
[image loading]

Fifth
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


Changes
+ Show Spoiler +

Besides the obvious stuff like moving rocks and the aesthetics there were many small changes to improve the playability of the map. The general layout has not changed but every single base has been moved around and tweaked to make the proportions correct. For example the natural was too open before and it was too easy to break sown the rocks between the third and bypass any static defenses that were place at the front of the natural. The third probably received the most adjustments. Ramps were widened and moved, some were reduced, and the front door into the natural was widened as well. Plus countless other tweaks that are now to subtle to remember.


Feedback welcome

Replays
+ Show Spoiler +

http://drop.sc/233794 - ZvZ

http://drop.sc/233796 - ZvT


My map portfolio: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=352620
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
May 23 2012 22:43 GMT
#2
I'm a little worried about the choke into the natural. Can siege units (colossus/siege tank) cover that whole choke? You might want to trim off that corner piece of the main to prevent turtling being a little too powerful.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 24 2012 01:51 GMT
#3
On May 24 2012 07:43 IronManSC wrote:
I'm a little worried about the choke into the natural. Can siege units (colossus/siege tank) cover that whole choke? You might want to trim off that corner piece of the main to prevent turtling being a little too powerful.


I made the adjustment. It does feel better now upon play testing. Thanks
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 24 2012 02:37 GMT
#4
Ah, a volcanic tileset! There aren't enough of these, in my opinion, and you did a good job with the aesthetics here. In particular, I like the way you set up rocks at the third. They prevent immediate access to the base, but don't prevent the base from getting started before the rocks are destroyed. One of the few ways I've seen rocks add to a map instead of detracting from it. Well done. I'm wondering, though: are the small plateaus between the main and 5th pathable? Would you be able to drop a Siege Tank there, for instance?

On a side note, I was always saying "Beezlebub" instead of "Beelzebub". I feel stupid now. :|
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 24 2012 02:47 GMT
#5
On May 24 2012 11:37 Archas wrote:
Ah, a volcanic tileset! There aren't enough of these, in my opinion, and you did a good job with the aesthetics here. In particular, I like the way you set up rocks at the third. They prevent immediate access to the base, but don't prevent the base from getting started before the rocks are destroyed. One of the few ways I've seen rocks add to a map instead of detracting from it. Well done. I'm wondering, though: are the small plateaus between the main and 5th pathable? Would you be able to drop a Siege Tank there, for instance?

On a side note, I was always saying "Beezlebub" instead of "Beelzebub". I feel stupid now. :|


Those small plateaus are pathable. My thinking was that by the time you get a 5th base you should have options to deal with siege tank harassment from there.

BTW I had to look up the spelling.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 26 2012 21:33 GMT
#6
Texture Updates - Steam vents in main bases (See screenshot)
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 29 2012 22:47 GMT
#7
I felt like the middle of the map was not interesting enough. Therefore I completely reworked it. The new middle seems to work well.
Ollie
Profile Joined October 2011
United States144 Posts
May 30 2012 02:52 GMT
#8
Fitting title.
Oz | HerO | Creator | Stork | DRG | Soulkey | Jaedong | Sniper | Byun | TaeJa | Fantasy
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
June 25 2012 03:20 GMT
#9
Oh my god that rush distance. Basically two chokes for 5 bases... ewwww.

I think a neat idea would be to move the 4th more closer to the 5th, and the 5th move to the base of the main near the reaper jump area. This would make it more interesting for grabbing a 5th base, as both players would really be contesting for it.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
June 25 2012 07:31 GMT
#10
I'm a fan of the layout, but I think you need to redo the proportioning.

Also, maybe add a high-ground ridge between the third and fourth as I think it'd be very bad for Terran in TvZ especially.
',:/
Guardian85
Profile Joined May 2012
162 Posts
June 25 2012 12:23 GMT
#11
In my opinion its not a bad start, but needs more work.. try highlight your edges a little tiny bit, to make it a little less confusing.

But about the map it self, the only thing i can see, is so wide paths, i can only imagine a 2 base 3rd attack all in.
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
June 29 2012 13:45 GMT
#12
You have come a long way with this map, I really see how you have learned more and more...

A tad more variance of textures would have been nice but thats a question of taste I guess.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
June 29 2012 13:55 GMT
#13
I think this map is a bit too safe. There just not much early pressure potential here, and it can be too safe taking 5 bases.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 29 2012 15:05 GMT
#14
I think it's a bit problematic how easy it is to take a fourth and fifth, especially considering there is no sixth base. With only 5 bases per player, they should be taken a bit slower than other maps to avoid too many mined-out situations. And generally speaking, even if there were 6 bases, I think the fourth and fifth are too easy anyway.

The fifth is actually pretty close to the opponent, but it also feels like the third-fourth-fifth are too close together. Maybe you could push the fifth minerals towards the opponent's main without changing where the entrance is. Now that I look at it, though, maybe you could move the ramp that direction, too, without actually shortening the path to the opponent's nat, but increasing the distance you have to travel to defend from a drop or something like that.

I think it's good to promote harassing a fair bit, and positional play, rather than direct pushing or deathballing. So, if you want to make some bases more vulnerable, it might be good to make them more vulnerable to harass in particular. You could add cliffs or little paths going behind the minerals, or stuff like that, to make it a bit easier to harass those bases.
all's fair in love and melodies
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
July 01 2012 15:20 GMT
#15
I like the map! Although I'm not going to go into the layout, I would say that you need more doodads, as they give your map it's theme. A map that's on the tileset "Meinhoff", you can make that into a theme of the moon. For this map, you should make it a theme of whatever relates to the name. Good map, although I agree with 'ragz_gt'.
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
July 01 2012 16:41 GMT
#16
Why exactly did u call it 'beelzebub'? I don't see any references or anything anywhere. Not that there is anything wrong with just liking the name / manga / series / mythology / flies, im just sayin...
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 01 2012 18:26 GMT
#17
On July 02 2012 01:41 []Phase[] wrote:
Why exactly did u call it 'beelzebub'? I don't see any references or anything anywhere. Not that there is anything wrong with just liking the name / manga / series / mythology / flies, im just sayin...


Beelzebub is a name for the devil, which sorta links to the whole lava/volcanic nature of the map I guess.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
July 01 2012 19:23 GMT
#18
On July 02 2012 03:26 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 01:41 []Phase[] wrote:
Why exactly did u call it 'beelzebub'? I don't see any references or anything anywhere. Not that there is anything wrong with just liking the name / manga / series / mythology / flies, im just sayin...


Beelzebub is a name for the devil, which sorta links to the whole lava/volcanic nature of the map I guess.


Ya that was my first guess, but beelzebub isn't the devil, its the lord of flies (as far as I know, correct me if im wrong here. Wasent 'baal' the demon lord or something?). I mean, if he wanted a name that had something to do with lava / volcanic, me thinks there are a lot better names that give that feel. Anyways I dont wanna bitch about the name too much, its just a name, and I like 'beelzebub', no matter the map. I just wondered why you would pick it for this map, or maybe the author had some deeper meaning.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-24 18:30:51
July 24 2012 17:41 GMT
#19
I have been working with meltage on this map for the pro-am. Here is an update on its current state. We aren't done yet though. I would like to hear some feedback.
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
July 24 2012 18:12 GMT
#20
New version is amazing.
',:/
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O132
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13089
Shuttle 391
White-Ra 260
ZZZero.O 132
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4652
Other Games
summit1g9988
FrodaN2484
Liquid`RaSZi1948
C9.Mang0311
crisheroes291
ToD285
Livibee201
Pyrionflax139
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1016
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• Adnapsc2 35
• musti20045 35
• HeavenSC 19
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV289
Upcoming Events
OSC
51m
Replay Cast
51m
OSC
13h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.