• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:06
CEST 05:06
KST 12:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6042 users

[Winner's Interview] STX Soul vs CJ Entus

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
February 04 2012 08:05 GMT
#1
So happy to see an even mid-tier PL, Your winners, STX Soul~


STX Kim Yoon Hwan ((Z)Calm) “Byun Hyun Jae’s ((P)mini) AB blood type, his personality stands out”

[image loading]
Left - Calm, Right - Mini



STX SouL is showing scary late season power. The player who won against the generation change, Kim Sung Hyun ((T)Last), Byun Hyun Jae ((P)mini) and other rookies’ great performances and STX’s experienced veteran Kim Yoon Hwan ((Z)Calm) successfully crushed CJ 3-0. Also they have risen up to 4th place, a first time for STX. Showing a good pace lately, they are creating an epic drama with a final twist.


Q. You beat CJ Entus 3-0, how do you feel.
(Z)Calm – in the 1st round we got owned 3-0 by CJ, but since we could get revenge like this I feel good.
(P)mini – Our team win points were pretty low, so I’m happy to contribute to helping the team win


Q. It’s been month since you last played.
(Z)Calm – Honestly, I’ve had small chances at entries and lots of time they did not reach me. I have very reliable juniors on our team, so I did not get to play (lol). There’s also Mini as well.
(P)mini – He doesn’t help me practice one bit. (lol)


Q. You must feel some pressure the new rising players in your team.
(Z)Calm – It’s good… but also slightly disappointing. The juniors that were not playing so well, now contributing was a good sight but when I looked back at my role, that’s when I felt some disappointment. If I did not do as well as my juniors, I think I would have gone crazy (lol).


Q. Since the last game, you’ve shown unique ceremonies. Today against Kim Jung Woo ((Z)EffOrt) you made Scouts. You show an innocent personality, but in games you show some extreme sides.
(P)mini – I got a lot of attention when I built the shield battery, I wanted to build the battery today as well but the opportunity did not show, so I made scouts. First I imagined how good it would feel beating (Z)EffOrt who is such a good player, but it came true so thinking I would get more attention playing a strong player, I made scouts.
(Z)Calm – He may seem innocent, but his personality stands out. He is AB blood type. (lol)


Q. You are showing good performance vZ.
(P)mini – I think I can relax a little. I think I can beat Zerg easy in broadcast games.
(Z)Calm – If you look at his game from behind, his hand movements are very sharp. I think his multitasking prowess can rival Kim Taek Yong’s. ((P)Bisu) If he refines his play a bit more, I think he can become a strong player like Kim Goo Hyun ((P)Kal).
(P)mini – I agree (lol)


Q. Tell us your goals for the rest of the season.
(Z)Calm – Until the season ends I want to come out as much as possible and show fun and interesting games.
(P)mini – I want to play often in Proleague. I also want to play games the viewers would enjoy. Whether it is an entertaining game, or a game that leaves a deep impression, I want to do one of them.


Q. Any last words?
(Z)Calm – Really I did not care much about rankings. (lol) I thought if we continued winning, it would get better. (lol) I will try my best to at least keep 4th place.
(P)mini – I want to become a plus for our team to continue our streak. Before the season ends, I really want to see STX at 1st place.


[Daily e-sports Lee So Ra journalist sora@dailyesports.com]
Source - Daily e-Sports
“Together with SK Telecom in the eSports world (www.sktelecom.com)”

Translated by Kimoleon.
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 10:17:01
February 04 2012 08:14 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation!

Calm looks weirder every day, doesn't he...
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
February 04 2012 08:20 GMT
#3
Ahaha that's a hilarious interview. WP STX, enjoy your win. Still probably not gonna win ProLeague though. (But I'm adding "probably" just in case, this year has been all weird and wrong.)
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
February 04 2012 08:41 GMT
#4
That was a quick translation, thanks.
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 09:12:57
February 04 2012 09:12 GMT
#5
I hope Mini can keep showing good games, his last two have been great.

Thank you for the translation!
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
February 04 2012 09:14 GMT
#6
Darn does mini not live up to his nickname

his size isn't mini at all :D
In the woods, there lurks..
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
February 04 2012 09:34 GMT
#7
thanks for the interview. so glad to see calm answering questions again!

also im really excited about mini. his play seems to have a bit more personality than most other rookies. I hope he grows into a strong player for STX.
Free Palestine
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
February 04 2012 09:50 GMT
#8
Last beasted pretty hard as usual and we got to see Mini!

Thanks for another great translation Kimmy <3
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
ponzi
Profile Joined May 2011
65 Posts
February 04 2012 12:11 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation!

Last is playing incredibly well! Go STX!
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 04 2012 15:12 GMT
#10
Honestly Calm is slowly surpassing Bisu in stargirlpower
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
February 04 2012 17:37 GMT
#11
thanks for translating

i love you calm
mini will become the fbh of toss
▲ ▲ ▲
Zetter
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany629 Posts
February 04 2012 18:34 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translation!

I hope mini will become a really good player, he's certainly on the way. Seeing him help STX getting to 4th place while using scouts against Effort really impresses me.
Mendici sumus. Hoc est verum. | I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public. | Es ist keine Tugend edel geboren werden, sondern sich edel machen | οἶδα οὐκ εἰδώς
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
February 04 2012 18:40 GMT
#13
yay for fast translation, cheers

mini has so much potential
ace hwaiting!!
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
February 04 2012 20:04 GMT
#14
thank you for the translations! :D
^^
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
February 04 2012 20:35 GMT
#15
Really impressive win by STX. What is the significance of an AB blood type anyways?
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
February 04 2012 20:36 GMT
#16
Thanks for translation.
STX looking stronger now. Perhaps motivation by Last?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Kieofire
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1809 Posts
February 04 2012 22:05 GMT
#17
Thanks for the translation!

Fishmalk
Profile Joined November 2010
74 Posts
February 04 2012 23:06 GMT
#18
On February 05 2012 05:35 Bagration wrote:
Really impressive win by STX. What is the significance of an AB blood type anyways?


AB is the universal acceptor, they can take doner blood of any type.
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
February 04 2012 23:34 GMT
#19
who would've thought Mini would be the new Bisu??!! lol
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
February 05 2012 00:01 GMT
#20
I am so happy to see a Calm interview. Keep supporting STX, fellow fans, I'm sure they've got a lot more joy to bring us.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2418
NotJumperer 12
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever992
NeuroSwarm215
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft132
Other Games
summit1g6635
Coldzera 774
JimRising 662
C9.Mang0370
PiGStarcraft265
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1004
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo476
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.