• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:23
CEST 12:23
KST 19:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12106 users

[Blizzard Cup] Media Day Interviews

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 10:20:52
December 12 2011 09:10 GMT
#1
Source: ThisIsGame

[image loading]

Q: Please share your thoughts on competing in the Blizzard Cup

MVP: I'm extremely happy to be playing in the Blizzard Cup to determine who can be the best player of 2011. The winner of the Blizzard Cup is given an award for the Player of the Year. It's an award I've always wanted to receive so I want to win no matter what and I think it would be a very meaningful experience

NesTea: I'm really happy to be part of the tournament to determine who is the best. I'm sure all the players are hungry for the championship trophy. I've won a lot of tournaments this year but I really want to win the Blizzard Cup. I've prepared a lot and I'll make sure I win.

Stephano: When I won IPL 3 I didn't know that I would be given a spot for the Blizzard Cup. It's an honour to have been invited along with these great players today and I will try my best to show exciting matches.

Leenock: I'm happy to be playing alongside champions. I will try my best to become the champion among champions.

HerO: I never even imagined that I would be able to play in the Blizzard Cup. It still feels weird for me but I am also happy to be taking part after winning Dreamhack.

Polt: My results haven't been great so I didn't expect to be able to play in the Blizzard Cup. Since the King of Terran himself personally gave me permission to take part I will make sure to make it up to him by posting good results.

MC: I thought I had barely made it by being 3rd in the GSL point rankings but 4th and 5th place also managed to get spots so I'm starting to feel less thankful to Oz. MVP has won a lot of tournaments this year so I'll take this one (laugh). I'm very jealous of MVP but I will make sure to win another tournament before a year passes since my last championship.

DRG: I thought IEM wasn't a big tournament but I was able to get to this spot by winning it. Out of all the players that are here today I think that I lack the most. My results recently haven't been very good but I will brush away my slump by winning.

Naniwa: I'm happy. But the Blizzard Cup is just another tournament.

MMA: First off I am thankful to MVP. I made a deal with MVP that I'd become a 10-use coupon for him if I won the Blizzard Cup. I'd be his maid (laugh). (T/N: It might be the other way around where MVP becomes MMA's maid but I can't tell from the wording)


Q: What type of games would you like to show to the Korean fans?

Naniwa: If I don't get nervous and am able to do my best I think I will be satisfied with that. I usually don't like interviews. I enjoy playing the game more.

Stephano: I hope I am able to do my best in this tournament as well. I am preparing by practicing 4~5 hours everyday like usual. I'm also practicing in the oGs house for this tournament. During practice my win rate is around 50%. I didn't expect to have any fans in Korea so I am glad and I'm delighted just being here in this position.

Q: Is there any player you have been following? And are there any you have wanted to play against on the big stage?

Stephano: That's a good question (laugh). All the players in my group are scary. I don't want to face any of them.


Q: Zergs have been having a tough time lately. Do Zerg players share strategies with each other?

DRG: Since there aren't many Zergs I hope all of them drop out and I get all the attention. So I don't share any strategies. I want to be the lone survivor.


Q: Out of all the tournaments you have won which one remains in your mind the most?

MVP: I remember my first championship the most. Since it was the first time it naturally made the biggest impression.


Q: If you were to pick a player to stop MVP's domination who would it be?

MVP: To be honest I'm extremely uneasy. I opened up two spots for the Blizzard Cup but now I'm in danger of being knocked out. I came back up from Busan last night so there wasn't time to practice. I think I'm at the biggest disadvantage against my group. All the players in Group A will be difficult opponents. Hopefully I make the play-offs by at least getting 3rd and I want to get a higher placing than the two players I saved.


Q: How did you feel when you got a spot for the Blizzard Cup and then how did you feel when Polt also got a spot?

MMA: Firstly I'm really happy to have gotten a spot from being 4th. Polt also managed to get in by being 5th. Even though Clide recently joined our team he refused to tell me anything about Polt's play style. He is very loyal but I hope to coax it out of him somehow to learn more.


Q: Is there any player in the Blizzard Cup you would like revenge against or to win against no matter what?

Naniwa: Leenock. For obvious reasons.

Stephano: I want to play against MC. I think MC talks too much.

Leenock: I've lost to MMA before in the Ro16 of Code S so I want to play against him in the finals of the Blizzard Cup.

Polt: I've never had any players I wanted revenge against. There is one player I want to win against though. There have been two times where I've made it to at least the Ro4 in the GSL and both times it was by beating this player. I want to play against MMA again.

HerO: There's no one in particular. I want to play good games against everyone.

NesTea: It's Naniwa. I got really angry after losing to him in MLG Providence. Naniwa paused the game and after waiting 15 minutes we continued the match. After that my build hiccuped and I lost in an anti climactic way so I want to use this chance to punish him thoroughly.

Naniwa: I don't want to say much. I'm happy there is an opponent I beat twice.

MMA: There isn't anyone in particular but other people always try to create a rivalry between me and him. He joined our group last. I hope to beat him this time and get my revenge.


Q: What do you think of talk that there has been a change in the Zerg hierarchy?

Leenock: I don't think that is the case yet. It's still far off. If I get to the finals two more times I think that would be more accurate.

NesTea: I'm not sure either but I think it's slowly shifting. I'm in the same group as Leenock again so I want to show that there has been no change.


Q: How big is E-sports in your home countries?

Stephano: The E-sports scene in France is very active as well. Big tournaments are popping up more and more and using my team Millenium as an example the team systems are being established like in Korea. It's certainly growing but not at the rate as Korea. In France I have the most fans. This is because I enter the most tournaments out of the French players.

Naniwa: In Sweden there are tournaments like Dreamhack and it's growing. There aren't many team houses though so I'm not sure what will happen to the players and teams. The tournaments are definitely growing though.


Q: What do you plan to do after Blizzard Cup? Are there any plans in Korea?

Naniwa: Even if I win Blizzard Cup nothing will change. I think prestige is important but in my opinion Code S is the most prestigious tournament in the world. So I want to continue challenge myself in Code S.

Stephano: If I win I'll head to the bank first. I'm planning on being a progamer only until I enter university and I have no plans to stay in Korea. Playing in foreign tournaments is better for earning money and personally I don't like the GSL format.


Q: If you were a coach and wanted to create a team with the best of each race who would you pick?

Naniwa: I want to be with MVP and NesTea

Stephano: I'd also pick MVP and NesTea as well as HuK.


Q: Recommend a foreign player to invite to the Blizzard Cup

Naniwa: In my opinion I don't think any foreign players are qualified to take part. If I had to pick though I'd choose ThorZain and MorroW.

Stephano: That's a hard question. Idra and ThorZain come to mind.


Q: Excluding yourself pick a player who is likely to win the tournament and who will play in the finals

Polt: Stephano to win and in the finals Stephano and MMA.

HerO: I also think Stephano could win it and I think the finals will be Stephano and MVP.

Leenock: I think MVP will win, and the finals will be MVP vs MMA.

Stephano: I think MVP and NesTea will play in the finals and NesTea will win.

NesTea: I was originally going to say MVP and MMA... But since Stephano said that I'd have to say Stephano and MMA meet in the finals and Stephano wins.

MVP: Just for fun I wanted to say MMA and Polt go to the finals with Polt winning but I changed my mind. I think NesTea will win and Naniwa will go to the finals.

MC: HerO said it would be me before but he suddenly changed to Stephano... I'm not sure what to think now. I think DRG is really tired right now so I think DRG will win and his opponent in the finals will be HerO.

DRG: In that case I think MC will win. I think it would be fun if his opponent in the finals was NesTea.

Naniwa: I think MVp will win. If I had to pick his opponent in the finals it would be Leenock.

MMA: I think people keep trying to put me into the Kong line (laugh). I think DRG will win against MVP.


Q: Any last words?

Polt: Since I was the last one to join the lineup I hope to be the last one to leave as well.

HerO: It's an honour just to be competing in the Blizzard Cup. I will do my best just as I always have and I hope to end this year on a good note.

Leenock: Since this is the last tournament of the year I want it to end comfortably. I'll prepare hard and show good games.

Stephano: I'd like to do well.

NesTea: I achieved my prize money goal that I set at the beginning of this year. Even though I achieved that goal now I need championship trophies. I'll do my best to win the trophy.

MVP: Since I won so much I've developed a hobby of collecting trophies (laugh). Since this is a tournament that is only held once I really need this trophy. I'll win this and line the trophy up in my room.

MC: I also think the trophy is more important than the prize money. NesTea has the same trophies as me. I think we'll need to fight it out for the Blizzard Cup trophy.

DRG: Since I've been slumping lately there's talk that I'm overhyped, but I want to prove that wrong by doing well in this tournament.

Naniwa: I hope I can show good games. I also want to say something to NesTea and that is I hope he can stop being angry and we can be friendly with each other.

MMA: I'm extremely excited. I wish it was tomorrow already.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
December 12 2011 09:22 GMT
#2
On December 12 2011 18:10 Clefairy wrote:
Q: Excluding yourself pick a player who is likely to win the tournament and who will play in the finals

MC: HerO said it would be me before but he suddenly changed to Stephano... I'm not sure what to think now. I think DRG is really tired right now so I think DRG will win and his opponent in the finals will be HerO.

DRG: In that case I think MC will win. I think it would be fun if his opponent in the finals was NesTea.

Naniwa: I think MVp will win. If I had to pick his opponent in the finals it would be Leenock.

MMA: I think people keep trying to put me into the Kong line (laugh). I think DRG will win against MVP.


Lol @ MC being bitter about HerO going on his word, picking DRG to win instead, while DRG returns the favor.

Good interview. I definitely liked the player interactions with each other.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
msjakofsky
Profile Joined June 2011
1169 Posts
December 12 2011 09:23 GMT
#3
this was an excellent read, thank you. can't help to cheer for my old favorites: MC or Polt. would be happy with Stephano or DRG taking it as well.

but MVP will take it anyways;)
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
December 12 2011 09:26 GMT
#4
Polt: Since I was the last one to join the lineup I hope to be the last one to leave as well.

Haha, Polt talking like a boss. Unfortunately he's in way over his head amongst this lineup.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
ChriS-X
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia1374 Posts
December 12 2011 09:29 GMT
#5
awesome article! thanks!
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
December 12 2011 09:29 GMT
#6
Naniwa: I'm happy. But the Blizzard Cup is just another tournament.

Classic Naniwa
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
December 12 2011 09:30 GMT
#7
Fantastic interview. Usually in interview threads I quote the best answers in my post but there were so many awesome answers this time around. Thanks for translating.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
December 12 2011 09:31 GMT
#8
MMA is hilarious hahaha
RexCogitans
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway37 Posts
December 12 2011 09:32 GMT
#9
Hope the finals is Naniwa beating Nestea. IMO its great there is finally some rivalry between top Koreans and foreigners and gotta root for our Swedish neighbors.
No!
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
December 12 2011 09:33 GMT
#10
Naniwa coloured his hair? Blond? Or is it the lights?
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
December 12 2011 09:34 GMT
#11
On December 12 2011 18:33 Ketch wrote:
Naniwa coloured his hair? Blond? Or is it the lights?


I'm pretty sure he colored it. People mentioned it when he streamed with Khaldor a few days ago.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
December 12 2011 09:38 GMT
#12
I'm guessing they didn't tell Naniwa about the whole 'We're gonna do the cool pose' photo shot.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
msjakofsky
Profile Joined June 2011
1169 Posts
December 12 2011 09:39 GMT
#13
On December 12 2011 18:26 FuRong wrote:
Polt: Since I was the last one to join the lineup I hope to be the last one to leave as well.

Haha, Polt talking like a boss. Unfortunately he's in way over his head amongst this lineup.


i don't know, might not be 100% representative but his play is always ridiculously good on his stream. he is up there imo... he seems to randomly fuck up games in tournaments, not like because he doesn't have the skill.

Polt ftw!
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
December 12 2011 09:43 GMT
#14
On December 12 2011 18:38 Fionn wrote:
I'm guessing they didn't tell Naniwa about the whole 'We're gonna do the cool pose' photo shot.


lol he looks really out of place
Dear Sixsmith...
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
December 12 2011 09:44 GMT
#15
I think Nestea likes Stephano:D
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
December 12 2011 09:44 GMT
#16
so many highlights from this LOL



Polt: My results haven't been great so I didn't expect to be able to play in the Blizzard Cup. Since the King of Terran himself personally gave me permission to take part I will make sure to make it up to him by posting good results.


MC: I'm starting to feel less thankful to Oz.



Mvp: Since I won so much I've developed a hobby of collecting trophies (laugh). Since this is a tournament that is only held once I really need this trophy. I'll win this and line the trophy up in my room.



so good :D

thanks OP!
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
December 12 2011 09:47 GMT
#17
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 09:55:57
December 12 2011 09:51 GMT
#18
This interview turns the Cup into a Christmas gift.



Nestea like a boss, and Polt, as usually, very smirky.

I hope that DRG can prove the nay-sayers wrong and upset MVP in the finals.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
ChowChillaCharlie
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden677 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 09:55:01
December 12 2011 09:54 GMT
#19
*Edit*
Whoops, wrong thread X(
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
December 12 2011 09:56 GMT
#20
I have to admit some of Naniwa's answers made me laugh. I still love him though.

Banelings are too cute to blow up
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech82
SHIN 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1163
Hyuk 968
Bisu 873
Larva 630
Leta 162
EffOrt 122
Zeus 121
Sexy 120
Soma 107
Mini 103
[ Show more ]
PianO 93
Pusan 71
Last 54
ZerO 44
ToSsGirL 39
Killer 38
sorry 28
Bale 25
Hm[arnc] 21
Trap 20
yabsab 17
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Aegong 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 351
League of Legends
JimRising 320
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
Other Games
gofns31922
singsing1706
crisheroes214
OGKoka 197
Mew2King112
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• LUISG 16
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7150
League of Legends
• Jankos1348
• Stunt1012
Upcoming Events
Online Event
37m
FEL
5h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 37m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.