• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11733 users

[Blizzard Cup] Media Day Interviews - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
December 12 2011 13:12 GMT
#41
Hilarious interview the interaction between them is really funny.I think that koreans are going to think that foreign players are really bm between idra naniwa and stephano ^^.
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
December 12 2011 13:13 GMT
#42
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


The whole "all I want is money" thing I guess rather than the "I think the trophy is more important than the money" attitude that all the other players have.

I guess I'm fine with Stephano being here for the money only, I have to say I respect the other way of thinking more though, Stephano sees the game as a way to make money while the other ones do it for other reasons (mainly, I guess).
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
December 12 2011 13:14 GMT
#43
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


Probably because he doesn't take the game as serious as his opponents (regarding only training 4-5 hours a day and not wanting to quit being a progamer). But as long as the professional scene lets him get away with that, that's fine by me. Whatever it takes to win, I say, and if it takes him only this little practise, then that makes him a genius. And if he want's to quite being a progamer, then it's a shame, but nothing I can do. :-/

Anyways, this is by far the best interview series I have read so far in starcraft 2. really nice job by all of the people involved.
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
December 12 2011 13:15 GMT
#44
On December 12 2011 22:13 sereniity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


The whole "all I want is money" thing I guess rather than the "I think the trophy is more important than the money" attitude that all the other players have.

I guess I'm fine with Stephano being here for the money only, I have to say I respect the other way of thinking more though, Stephano sees the game as a way to make money while the other ones do it for other reasons (mainly, I guess).


Welcome to real life. They are pro players they make a living of this. Stephano just being honest.
TiTanIum_
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil1335 Posts
December 12 2011 13:16 GMT
#45

MVP: I'll win this and line the trophy up in my room.


Genius!
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
December 12 2011 13:16 GMT
#46
On December 12 2011 22:13 sereniity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


The whole "all I want is money" thing I guess rather than the "I think the trophy is more important than the money" attitude that all the other players have.

I guess I'm fine with Stephano being here for the money only, I have to say I respect the other way of thinking more though, Stephano sees the game as a way to make money while the other ones do it for other reasons (mainly, I guess).


I don't know, I think the money is quite relevant to many players. I don't see Stephano's attitude being much different than most, though maybe a bit more honest than some.
Klaaskaas
Profile Joined December 2011
6 Posts
December 12 2011 13:22 GMT
#47
On December 12 2011 22:14 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


Probably because he doesn't take the game as serious as his opponents (regarding only training 4-5 hours a day and not wanting to quit being a progamer). But as long as the professional scene lets him get away with that, that's fine by me. Whatever it takes to win, I say, and if it takes him only this little practise, then that makes him a genius. And if he want's to quite being a progamer, then it's a shame, but nothing I can do. :-/

Anyways, this is by far the best interview series I have read so far in starcraft 2. really nice job by all of the people involved.


He quits progaming to focus on university when he gets in. He will study medicine. That's a great attitude if you ask me.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
December 12 2011 13:30 GMT
#48
Haha it's always great to see who takes these interviews super-seriously, who's good-natured about them, and who just doesn't give a shit.

Thank you for them!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
December 12 2011 13:36 GMT
#49
MVP and Polt are so funny. I really want MVP to win Blizzard's cup but my heart is torn 3 ways, MVP Polt and Nestea!

Hope Naniwa can be shut up by Nestea. He really really sucks at PR. Who says things like "its only another tournament" in the leadup to the tournament itself oO.

obsKura
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 13:39:02
December 12 2011 13:38 GMT
#50
haha this is hilarious, thanks so much for the translation! :D

Naniwa: I hope I can show good games. I also want to say something to NesTea and that is I hope he can stop being angry and we can be friendly with each other.


No response from NesTea? :O
C9 ~^v^~ In EE-sama we trust. ~^v^~ C9
rewired
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada630 Posts
December 12 2011 13:57 GMT
#51
HAHAHA that picture and the way Leenock looks. it just threw me off he's so tiny literally a child among adults, for some reason because of SOTG I just hear the lollypop kids in my head when I see him.
The road isn't always straight.
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
December 12 2011 14:04 GMT
#52
Hahaha Scumbag GOM putting Leenock next to NesTea in the group photo.

Anyway, I like the Naniwa-NesTea rivalry but also MMA-Polt! ^_^
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
Ryps
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania2740 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 14:08:41
December 12 2011 14:07 GMT
#53
On December 12 2011 22:13 sereniity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


The whole "all I want is money" thing I guess rather than the "I think the trophy is more important than the money" attitude that all the other players have.

I guess I'm fine with Stephano being here for the money only, I have to say I respect the other way of thinking more though, Stephano sees the game as a way to make money while the other ones do it for other reasons (mainly, I guess).


MVP said he only plays to make money and that is what pros do, theres even an interview where he says he is only interested in winning just for the money.

Idra said the same thing so many times..
sergedelacalle
Profile Joined March 2011
France24 Posts
December 12 2011 14:43 GMT
#54
love Naniwa responses
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
December 12 2011 14:55 GMT
#55
Oh man, Naniwa is such a boss.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
striderxxx
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada443 Posts
December 12 2011 14:57 GMT
#56
lol, Naniwa is trying so hard to fake not being an a-hole. I'm shocked at how bitter Neatea still is though!
SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
December 12 2011 15:00 GMT
#57
On December 12 2011 23:07 Ryps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:13 sereniity wrote:
On December 12 2011 22:09 Klaaskaas wrote:
On December 12 2011 18:47 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Really don't like Stephano's attitude...

Nonetheless, I will root for him because he's a foreigner and all foreigners must stand united against the Korean menace.


What the hell is wrong with Stephano's attitude?


The whole "all I want is money" thing I guess rather than the "I think the trophy is more important than the money" attitude that all the other players have.

I guess I'm fine with Stephano being here for the money only, I have to say I respect the other way of thinking more though, Stephano sees the game as a way to make money while the other ones do it for other reasons (mainly, I guess).


MVP said he only plays to make money and that is what pros do, theres even an interview where he says he is only interested in winning just for the money.

Idra said the same thing so many times..


No, they did not. They said money is important, but prestige is more important.

MentalGNT
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1264 Posts
December 12 2011 16:32 GMT
#58
Thanks a lot for translating. One of the best interviews I have read lately. I really enjoyed the interaction between the players.
The pic is just hilarious. Leenock is so short and chubby. Nani just looks awkward as hell.
What a player
Jeromir
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden39 Posts
December 12 2011 17:30 GMT
#59
On December 12 2011 18:10 Clefairy wrote:
NesTea: It's Naniwa. I got really angry after losing to him in MLG Providence. Naniwa paused the game and after waiting 15 minutes we continued the match. After that my build hiccuped and I lost in an anti climactic way so I want to use this chance to punish him thoroughly.


Pretty surprised by this since I was under the impressions that whole situation was sorted out at Providence. Still it's pretty great, l sure do enjoy rivalries ^^
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
December 12 2011 17:56 GMT
#60
I loved how MVP wanted Polt to play MMA and Polt to win. It seems like everyone wanted MMA to come second.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko207
ProTech132
SHIN 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3759
Hyuk 1175
Mind 954
Shuttle 862
Bisu 786
Larva 631
Mini 178
Soma 130
EffOrt 118
Leta 106
[ Show more ]
Last 105
firebathero 94
Zeus 88
Hyun 74
ZerO 63
Pusan 60
sorry 42
PianO 41
Sexy 38
Hm[arnc] 37
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 31
Bale 31
Aegong 22
yabsab 15
hero 13
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe654
XaKoH 450
Dendi5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1624
Other Games
gofns29871
singsing2245
B2W.Neo306
crisheroes293
OGKoka 164
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS60
Livibee51
DeMusliM24
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• Gemini_19 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7530
League of Legends
• Jankos1508
Other Games
• WagamamaTV9
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 50m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.