• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:35
CEST 23:35
KST 06:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11290 users

Stronger Team Color Auto-Installer

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
As with all other 3rd party programs that modify SC2 game files, install at your own risk.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 07:50:51
December 02 2011 08:27 GMT
#1
I've taken out the download link as a result of 1.5 stopping MPQ editing

Current Version: 1.4.0.1

Note: For people who have installed Stronger Team Color with this mod before March 3rd 2012, to restore the original colors, find the file enUS.SC2Assets located inside your Starcraft II installation in Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod, and back it up. Replace the original enUS.SC2Assets with the one in the same folder named enUSbackup.SC2Assets. Try the game, if it doesn't work, the only way to uninstall the mod would be to repair or reinstall the game.

I have created an easy to use program which will automatically install the popular mod Stronger Team Color for you.

You will not need to worry about backing up your files, as the program will automatically do that for you.

If you are using Windows XP, you need to install .NET framework 3.0: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=31

Install Instructions:
+ Show Spoiler +

1.) First, download STCInstaller.zip from the download link above
2.) Extract the files and folders inside to a folder of your choice (Avoid extracting on a network drive)
3.) Run the Stronger Team Color.exe file and press the Install button
4.) Select the region of your client, and the Starcraft II.exe file found inside your Starcraft 2 installation
5.) The program will now automatically install Stronger Team Color


Restoration Instructions:
+ Show Spoiler +

1.) Run the Stronger Team Color.exe file and press the Restore button
2.) Select the region of your client, and the Starcraft II.exe file found inside your Starcraft 2 installation
3.) The program will restore the original colors


Release Log:
+ Show Spoiler +


1.4.0.0/1 - Re-Release with 1.1.0.7 code (MPQ Editting)

1.3.0.2 - Rerelease with some modifications

1.3.0.0 - Re-release with modified code (Will now not modify any files). This is for patch 1.4.3 which doesn't require any MPQ modifications.

1.1.0.11/12 - Gui and another attempt (I might have nailed it this time) to fix the referral issue. At least, I know what it's being caused by now.

1.1.0.8/9/10 - ACTA protest link and back. No source code release (Nothing changed apart from an added form, which is now deleted)

1.1.0.7 - Another update to try and fix the server referral issue.

Archive:+ Show Spoiler +


1.1.0.6 - Further threading fix

1.1.0.5 - Fixed program size, I forgot it in the last update :S

1.1.0.4 - Tried to fix the "A referral was returned from the server" error. Weird, it should have been fixed but didn't for some reason o.o

1.1.0.3 - Fixes and etc...

1.1.0.0 - Remade extracting algorithm, redid certain parts of crucial code. Things are not fully optimized yet.

1.0.4.1/2 - Back to original style

1.0.4.0 - In light of the Christmas spirit, I have changed the program to a more "Christmassy" theme!

1.0.3.5 - If you press cancel on the "Close Starcraft II messagebox, the program will now not progress

1.0.3.4 - Code clean-up

1.0.3.3 - Corrected some multithreading issues, I will release code cleanups in 1.0.3.4

1.0.3.2 - Fixed an error which occured when the program reset

1.0.3.1 - Sorry for the lateness of this release, should have been a lot earlier. With this update, I no longer use flat files, and it should address some errors people have been having

1.0.3.0 - Massive code clean-up, and fixes. There may/will still be some problems, but I have tried to correct them this time around. Cost me one Starcraft II installation ㅜ_ㅜ

1.0.2.12 - Fixed error reporting

1.0.2.11 - Fixed something... I actually don't remember what

1.0.2.10 - Added tool tips for the check box and the link controls on the main section of the program

1.0.2.9 - Fixed some aligning issues, product id, and the Stuck? link on the "Application will now restart" section. Preparing code to be ported to the universal installer.

1.0.2.7/8 - Not really a bug fix, but it should help me pinpoint where the MpqLib.dll error occurs more.

1.0.2.5/6 - Minor bug fixes

1.0.2.4 - Forgot to add a boolean... Fixed!

1.0.2.1/2/3 - Clean up of version 1.0.2.0

1.0.2.0 - Completely revised the recursive system, people who had problems during the installation before should not have them now

1.0.1.0 - A few fixes... I guess...

1.0.0.8 - Added a Progress Bar to the installation process. You can check how much it has done

1.0.0.7 - Fixed minor bug

1.0.0.6 - Disable Effects checkbox added

1.0.0.5 - Minor Fix

1.0.0.4 - Program will now ask and close Starcraft II for you upon "Install" button press.

1.0.0.2 - Added a "Stuck?" button on the installing Stronger Team Color page. It should come up after around 3 seconds of it appearing...

1.0.0.1 - Now disabled the "Install" button if Stronger Team Color has already been installed.

1.0.0.0 - Initial Release



Notes:
+ Show Spoiler +

If you are playing on the SEA or US servers, patch for "enUS". "enSG" is SEA for the Singaporean client. Thanks to Tazerenix for that info


Source Code:
+ Show Spoiler +

The source code is not released under any license, you're free to use it however you want; with or without giving me credit.

I will be updating the source code as soon as I release a new update

Stronger Team Color Installer is compiled in VB.NET 2010. You can find the source here

If you need to add references, you will be able to find them in the Libs folder.



I will update this program regularly, and it contains an auto updater, so you will be kept up to date every time you run it. If you do encounter any errors, please PM me, and I will try fix it ASAP.

Thank you for using this program, and I accept any suggestions for improvements and feedback! <3

Going to slow down development for a while on this version to work on an improved, neater, completely revised version. I'll still be fixing bugs and following this thread though
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
December 02 2011 08:29 GMT
#2
Wow, this is really gracious of you. Thanks.
Mercurial#1193
Tazerenix
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia340 Posts
December 02 2011 08:30 GMT
#3
Used this installer (in a beta version) to install the Stronger colors mod into my clients. It worked on the SEA/NA client and also a relocalised client to Taiwan.
Kaeru
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Sweden552 Posts
December 02 2011 08:35 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
Tazerenix
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia340 Posts
December 02 2011 08:36 GMT
#5
On December 02 2011 17:35 Kaeru wrote:
And this is approved to be used? Or will I get banned if I try it?
Seems great, but a third party program that gives you any kind of advantage is cheating-

Dustin Browder voiced his support for the mod in an interview with TeamLiquid last MLG. You're not going to get banned for installing it.
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
December 02 2011 08:38 GMT
#6
And this is approved to be used? Or will I get banned if I try it?
Seems great, but a third party program that gives you any kind of advantage is cheating-


This is not approved, but like pzea469's post says, Blizzard have no problem with it, and they actually like it. Here's a link to the original post: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lsupz/finally_uploaded_rstarcraft_interviews_dustin/

This mod will not give you any advantage in the game, it only increases the color details on the units. You will not (for example) be able to see cloaked Dark Templars without any detector.
KingFool
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada428 Posts
December 02 2011 09:00 GMT
#7
As long as there's no backdoor, this is pretty cool
Stimin myself on a daily basis
LeeARK
Profile Joined October 2010
509 Posts
December 02 2011 09:05 GMT
#8
Maybe it's just me... but I think I'm stuck on "Application will now restart to continue with the installation"
similarion
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 09:09:22
December 02 2011 09:06 GMT
#9
I'm stuck on the "Imstalling Stronger Team Color" and then it says WindowApplication1 has stopped working.
djfoxmccloud
Profile Joined July 2011
France185 Posts
December 02 2011 09:16 GMT
#10
Mac version ?
Stropheum
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1124 Posts
December 02 2011 09:20 GMT
#11
Nice. I tried to explain how to install this to a few interested friends of mine, but they were sadly clueless. I will definitely link this thread to them.

Good job!
Iksf
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom444 Posts
December 02 2011 09:23 GMT
#12
Installer worked perfectly, I was pretty surprised as most programs etc on here i have to do evil symlink hacks to get both copies of SC2 done :<

Nice and clean
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 09:31:05
December 02 2011 09:28 GMT
#13
I'm stuck on the "Imstalling Stronger Team Color" and then it says WindowApplication1 has stopped working.


Do you have the "MpqLib.dll" file in the same folder as the "Stronger Team Color Installer.exe" file?

Maybe it's just me... but I think I'm stuck on "Application will now restart to continue with the installation"


Check to see if you have the file "extract.bat" in the extras folder

Mac version ?


I don't know if a Mac version is possible, as I use the MpqLib dll, and as far as I know, you can't use DLL's on a mac... Sorry! I will try ask some of my friends to see if we can get something working for the mac
Xacalite
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany533 Posts
December 02 2011 09:33 GMT
#14
wow thanks so much. I always wanted to get the stronger team color mod when I saw the original thread but never found the time to get it done.

very much appreciated <3
I feel fear...for the last time
mooseman1710
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States153 Posts
December 02 2011 09:45 GMT
#15
is this for windows 64 only? it says its not applicable for 32 bit
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 09:47:36
December 02 2011 09:46 GMT
#16
On December 02 2011 18:45 mooseman1710 wrote:
is this for windows 64 only? it says its not applicable for 32 bit


What OS are you using? I may have to re-compile it again for some people
LeeARK
Profile Joined October 2010
509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 09:52:46
December 02 2011 09:50 GMT
#17
I do have extract.batch. I have 7za, extract, updater in extras folder
In temp folder I have extracted, filestodownload, installpath,region,stcnewversion, stillinstalling and strongerteamcolor
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 10:11:36
December 02 2011 09:53 GMT
#18
On December 02 2011 18:50 LeeARK wrote:
I do have extract.batch. I have 7za, extract, updater in extras folder


If you haven't already done so, try restarting the application. The only thing it's doing when it says that is deletes the temp\extracted directory, and runs the extras\extract.bat file.

I will add an update so you can manually force this

Edit: I've added a "Stuck?" link on that screen now. It should show up ~3 seconds after that screen is shown. Try clicking it. I may have to tweak some permission settings if that doesn't work. If you still have the extracted folder, then that means that it's not deleting it... =/ The program will update when you restart it

Edit2: TT I added the button in the wrong place, it should be there now, just restart the application
LeeARK
Profile Joined October 2010
509 Posts
December 02 2011 10:34 GMT
#19
Nope it didn't do anything. The version is 1.0.0.4 but it's still stuck on application will now restart. I don't see any stuck? link too...
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
December 02 2011 11:56 GMT
#20
Give it up for the coolest man alive, who spent his personal time to help all you nerds lol. Thank you for making this, really appreciate it.
Kill the Deathball
1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 70
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 608
firebathero 80
Zeus 66
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 252
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS115
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5092
Liquid`Hasu1859
Other Games
summit1g7034
shahzam470
byalli373
C9.Mang0187
UpATreeSC73
Trikslyr40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 25m
Stellar Fest
15h 25m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.