• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:24
CEST 20:24
KST 03:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9165 users

[GSL] Liquid`HuK - Up/Down Match Foreigner Special

Forum Index > News
233 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All

[GSL] Liquid`HuK - Up/Down Match Foreigner Special

Text byHot_Bid
March 15th, 2011 04:48 GMT
[image loading]

GSL Up/Down Match Foreigner Special: Liquid`HuK
By Hot_Bid

[image loading]

Liquid`HuK = Red | oGsInCa = Blue

P7 Game 1 - Shakuras Plateau P11
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
Huk opens four gate while Inca opens 3-gate robo. Inca wins the critical first battle, stalker/zealot vs stalker/zealot, killing Huk's probe that was going to place a forward pylon.

Down probes (28-21), Huk transitions into blink while Inca gets immortals and techs to colossus. Huk is unable to do much damage with blink as the immortals easily defend Inca's ramp. Huk puts down an expansion but Inca's observer sees the timing and moves out, arriving right as Huk's nexus finishes.

The first major battle is very one sided in Inca's favor. Huk snipes down one colossus but the rest of Inca's army easily rolls him over. [12:15]

[image loading]

[image loading]


P5 Game 2 - Tal'Darim Altar P7
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
Both players go four warpgate. Inca opts for more stalker/zealot, while Huk gets a few sentries and second gas. Both players attempt to forward pylon but their first pylons are scouted and eliminated.

Inca moves up with Stalker zealot and Huk's initial forcefields are a bit off, and Inca pushes into Huk's main. Inca has the better army composition as Huk's sentries are a liability in battle once their forcefields are cast. The micro battle goes on for a minute or two but Huk is unable to fend off the attack and GGs. [08:55]

[image loading]

[image loading]




[image loading]

Liquid`HuK = Red | choyafOu = Blue

P6 Game 1 - Terminus RE P3
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
Both players open four warpgate blink. Choya makes a nexus, but after Huk scouts it, Choya cancels the nexus. When Huk moves to attack, Choya sends in a zealot from a proxy pylon and gets a few probe kills.

Choya sees no robo and makes a DT shrine, and Huk smartly makes a robotics. But Choya blinks one stalker in an sees it, cancels his DT shrine, and expands and gets zealot charge instead. Huk sees this with an observer and makes a DT shrine himself.

Choya has a larger army but no detection, and Huk's two DTs kill every probe in Choya's main and expansion. Choya counters with his army but Huk warps in a few DTs for defense and wins the game. [14:45]

[image loading]

[image loading]


P12 Game 2 - Scrap Station P2
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
Both players open four warpgate, as Scrap's wide ramp makes it difficult to block with forcefields. Huk adds a twilight council for blink, while Choya continues to warp in units and break down the center rocks.

Choya moves in, but Huk's blink completes in time and he defends with some nice blink micro. However, Choya warps in a round of zealots when Huk only had stalkers, and the better army composition allows Choya to bust through Huk's ramp and take the win. [09:50]

[image loading]

[image loading]


P7 Game 3 - Xel'Naga Caverns P11
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
Both players open four warp gates. An interesting situation occurs, where each player's initial zealot/stalker bypass each other using the different paths on Xel'Naga. Huk retreats, but Choya advances into Huk's main, and eventually loses a zealot.

At Choya's base, he moves out with his first few stalkers and attempts to snipe Huk's forward pylon, but Huk quickly warps in some zealots and blocks Choya's retreat path with his own stalkers. Choya has four stalkers trapped outside his main, and when Huk moves up Choya's ramp, Choya's zealots and stalkers are separated, costing him the battle and the series. [08:10]

[image loading]

[image loading]





TLAF-Liquid`HuK Post Game Interview


[image loading]
Image courtesy of PlayXP


Congratulations on making Code S. How did you feel after your Game 3 win versus Choya?

Relieved and happy I guess, just glad I made Code S. If I go 3/3 then I will be happy for a few days -- Code S, TSL, GSL World Qualifiers.

It's interesting how thin a line between success and failure. Do you feel there's an extraordinary amount of pressure on you to make Code S? Would you have been devastated if you lost that last game?

Yes and yes, I mean I think it would have been my most upsetting loss thus far. Just being so much closer to my ultimate goal (winning GSL) then failing in Up-Down Matches when I had a decent run would just sit with me until I had another chance to make it to Code S again.

What did you do to celebrate when you got home? We noticed that Jinro and Nazgul were both in the picture with you for post game interview.

We went out to dinner and drinks with Dave (MightyAtom) who is really good guy. We went out and had some fun then got home, then just relaxed, talked a lot and joked.

What's Victor (Nazgul) doing in Korea?

I think he's just checking up on us making sure everything is okay. And of course, he misses me a ton.

We have heard rumors at MLG Dallas that you and Nazgul had an epic grudge wrestling match. Who won? Is it recorded on video?

Pretty sure I won. It's debatable even as Nazgul reads this I'm sure there will be a rematch sooner or later. No video, but people who were there know the truth. I also wrestled Dario (TLO) and owned him ez.

Let's talk about the games a little. You lost 0-2 to Inca in the first series. What went wrong? Have you guys played each other in the oGs-Liquid house?

I find the first engagement in Korean style PvP is very important (generally zealot/probe/stalker) and I lost it almost every time in my matches today, which is very demoralizing. After that I just made a lot of small mistakes which usually ends up snowballing into a bigger and bigger disadvantage that quickly leads to a loss in PvP. We play each other on a regular basis but we practiced with different people for our matches today.

You played Choya in the second match, did you know much about him previously?

Yeah, we get along pretty well since we first met at soccer. We also met in ladder a lot I almost always won.

Take us through the three games. Specifically, what was going through your head between games 2 and 3?

Well after game 1, I figured I had some kind of mental advantage vs him after we went such a weird mind games. He said some comments in beginning lobby of game 2, something about sneaky dark templars. I had Game 2 but threw it away being too cocky/confident with my blink stalkers. Sometimes I just like to micro and have fun with it and try to press advantage too much instead of playing safe when I have a lead and should auto-win. Then after game 2 I was kind of worried because Xel'Naga can be a weird map with a lot of strange things like cheeses and such, but I played pretty well, just taking advantage of some of his mistakes.

You mentioned meeting Choya at the oGs-Liquid vs fOu soccer match. How did you do in it?

I've been waiting for someone to give me a window to brag. Basically without playing the sport that much, I'm the fucking shit at it. Last time when we played fOu when I was in Europe we lost, but this time we won 7-3 and I scored 4 of the goals. The Koreans called me Messi. We're hoping to play them again while Victor is here.

You scored 4 of the goals??

The thing is, I never wanted to just bring it up and seem like a douche, but I was hoping someone eventually asks me. And it actually happened in this interview so I'm happy. Basically I'm amazing at soccer.

Who is the second and third best soccer player on oGs?

Second is Hero, and third is Gon. I think Leenock is my favorite player though, because he plays defense and begs me not to try hard or run fast.

You seem to have friendly relationships with a lot of Korean players. Do you know a lot of the other teams players from the ladder?

Yeah, I mean I'm probably the most chatty foreigner to play SC2 in Korea but I do it all in good fun and just try to make people smile so I don't think it's that harmful.

Did any of the oGs guys congratulate you when you came back? You and Jinro are the only two non-Koreans in Code S now.

Yes, of course everyone said congratulations and was really happy for me. I felt like right after my win and despite my horrible eye sight, me and Inca shared a moment with eye contact and a smile when he was out in the crowd, because we both wanted to go to Code S so badly together. Other than that I just wish all my teammates make it into Code S as well.

What will be your motivation for Code S now? Who do you hope to play against?

Obviously to win, anything else is pointless. I hope to play against anybody not oGs-TLAF and not Protoss.

You performed a ceremony after qualifying for Code S. Did it have any special meaning?

Well they didn't catch all of it, but I tried to write with my hands "I love" then I wanted to get a waffle to eat because Plexa, a long time member and great contributor to TL recently said goodbye because of some personal reasons. I ended up settling for a waffle cookie (Plexa's icon on TL is a waffle) as tribute to him since he deserved it in so many ways -- for TL, for being such a good fan, etc.

[image loading]


What a nice ceremony! We're sure Plexa would appreciate it, hopefully he sees it soon.

Anyone you'd like to thank?


Big shoutout to Hero and Caramel for helping me practice a lot. I forgot to mention them in the Korean interview so THANK YOU <333

Any last words?

Thanks to all my fans I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH please keep supporting me and ill keep doing my best.




Next: Look forward to GSL in April/May!

With both TLAF-Liquid`Jinro and TLAF-Liquid`HuK in Code S for next season, get ready for more Foreigner Recaps. Hopefully we'll see some new faces in Code A as well. If any international players get through qualifiers or are direct seeded into Code A by GOM, we'll be here to cover them.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
darklordjac
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2231 Posts
March 15 2011 04:53 GMT
#2
Such a nice thing he did for Plexa
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
March 15 2011 04:53 GMT
#3
Awesome! Thanks for this!
RIP MBC Game Hero
bjornkavist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 04:53:50
March 15 2011 04:53 GMT
#4
From a straight Male: TLO and HuK wrestling?!?! Oh my :3
Also awesome job of HuK to do a ceremony for Plexa!
https://soundcloud.com/bbols
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 04:55:00
March 15 2011 04:53 GMT
#5
The Koreans called me Messi.


Haha. Probably something to do with hockey? Are you good in hockey as well huk?

I found most of my friends who are very good in hockey are very good in soccer.

That said, Nazgul being a Dutch will probably go Dennis Bergkamp on everyone there so i expect you guys to 10-0 fOu
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
March 15 2011 04:54 GMT
#6
I had no idea the ceremony was about Plexa.

That's awesome!
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
March 15 2011 04:54 GMT
#7
Haha, I love the soccer comment. Seems like a typical outgoing guy that gets along with everyone.
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
March 15 2011 04:54 GMT
#8
Nice meaning for the ceremony HuK...and keep fighting for the foreigners
Joementum
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
787 Posts
March 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#9
On March 15 2011 13:53 dtz wrote:
Show nested quote +
The Koreans called me Messi.


Haha. Probably something to do with hockey? Are you good in hockey as well huk?

I found most of my friends who are very good in hockey are very good in soccer.


Nothing to do with hockey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi

Congrats Huk!
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
March 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#10
The Plexa ceremony was an absolutely great touch by him. I'm so glad he did it.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
March 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#11
Great job huk! I'm really proud of you!
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Zim23
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1681 Posts
March 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#12
He does kinda look like Messi a little. Haha congrats HuK!
Do an arranged marriage if she's not completely minging, and don't worry about dancing, get a go-kart, cheers.
doteh
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia89 Posts
March 15 2011 04:56 GMT
#13
wow the resemblance with Messi is undeniable!
Everything hits at once
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
March 15 2011 04:56 GMT
#14
hahaha now that I know what the ceremony actually means it's awesome

I hadn't heard that the Koreans call him Messi at soccer, but I do know they have compared his skills to that of Maradona in the past, so I wouldn't doubt that they call him Messi too. GL in code S huk^^
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
infinity.
Profile Joined October 2010
United States37 Posts
March 15 2011 04:58 GMT
#15
cool cool
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
March 15 2011 04:58 GMT
#16
Yay huk fighting! glad he made it to code S, now the real work begins, thanks for the write up as always because i missed a few games.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
March 15 2011 04:58 GMT
#17
<3 huk for <3 plexa
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
DazZle.
Profile Joined February 2011
United States56 Posts
March 15 2011 04:58 GMT
#18
HuK is such a baller nerd, GOGO HUK :"D
Flowjo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States928 Posts
March 15 2011 04:59 GMT
#19
good luck hope you do extremely well and avoid some pvps >.<
IMNestea's biggest fan.
deerpark87
Profile Joined January 2011
760 Posts
March 15 2011 04:59 GMT
#20
How can anyone hate Huk after this baller interview?
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM839
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 219
BRAT_OK 102
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2463
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 357
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 114
BRAT_OK 102
ZombieGrub77
UpATreeSC 63
SteadfastSC 40
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Dewaltoss 83
Mind 77
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5403
pashabiceps1072
Fnx 651
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu110
Other Games
singsing2054
Beastyqt729
ceh9697
mouzStarbuck255
XaKoH 135
C9.Mang0102
QueenE69
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 133
• StrangeGG 37
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.