• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7762 users

[M] (4) iCCup Neo Enigma by prodiG

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-30 19:52:43
January 17 2011 05:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Neo Enigma is a complete overhaul of it's predecessor, Enigma. My goal was to create a balanced map with the same basic concept of the original Enigma: A macro-oriented rotational symmetry 4 player map with a nearby third and 4th where either expansion would be viable depending on spawns; and I believe that is exactly what I've done.

iCCup Neo Enigma 1.0 - Click to see super high res image
[image loading]

Features
-LOS Blockers surrounding the unbuildable center & Xel'Naga Tower.
-Destructible rocks blocking close access to nearby expansion.
-Both the 3rd and 4th can be harassed via the nearby cliff. The cliff near the gold is not buildable.
-LOS Blockers outside the ramp to the natural expansion.

Specs
Map Size:128x128
Expansions: 12 Blue, 4 Gold
XNT: One in the center
Tileset: Custom (Uses elements from Ulaan and Shakuras)

Main and Natural have 8 mineral patches, Third has 7, Gold has 5. all expansions have two Vespene Geysers

Closeup Images
+ Show Spoiler [Closeup Images] +

Center
[image loading]

Outside a natural expansion
[image loading]

Behind the third
[image loading]

Behind another third
[image loading]

Behind another third
[image loading]

Main
[image loading]

Behind another third/natural
[image loading]

Gold expansion
[image loading]

Third expansion
[image loading]


Links
Dimish's case study on how Neo Enigma uses space

Neo Enigma used in ESL EU and NA map pools for April 2011

I can't believe I've finally finished this. I've probably dumped anywhere in between 30 and 40 hours over the course of the last month or so and I'm very happy to finally finish it. Internally the map went through many changes and I'd like to give special thanks to monitor and the rest of the iCCup mapmaking team, and the guys at Ever clan for helping me beta test. This map wouldn't be where it is now if it weren't for your guys' effort!

Be sure to check out http://www.prodiGsc.com for all of my maps, http://www.twitter.com/prodiGsc to stay up-to-date on what I'm doing and be on the lookout for my stream! I streamed the last third or so of the work on this map and there will definitely be more to come in the future! All streaming will be done on the iCCup.TV #2 channel in the future!
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
KnightOfNi
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1508 Posts
January 17 2011 06:20 GMT
#2
<3 enigma... hopefully we'll get to see this in the next PGW and in the next clan ep monthly as well :D
RIP eSTRO :(
Splinter[eP]
Profile Joined May 2010
United States39 Posts
January 17 2011 06:24 GMT
#3
Holy cow, looks awesome. We'll definitely be using this in our tournaments. Props to prodiG and the rest of the iCCup mapmaking team!
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
January 17 2011 06:46 GMT
#4
Can't wait till it get's on eu so I can test it. It looks so fun, and I think I can say this on everyones behalf -thank you for the time and effort you put into this map!
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
January 17 2011 06:57 GMT
#5
Neo Enigma is so much more SCII-ish that Enigma, which favored more macro games and not as much SCII shenanigans, which I'll admit are very fun. ^^,

Cross spawns seem as though they would be macro heavy, but idk, haven't played any games yet.
Madsquare
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 08:52:49
January 17 2011 07:59 GMT
#6
This is the first map of you I deem not bad.

dumped anywhere in between 30 and 40 hours

I guess these somewhat payed off.

The layout does have some issues, like the rotational symetry imbalance. And a probably super hard to stop slow tank push through the third if a terran spawn counter clockwise.

I think you went overboard with the aesthetics, performance wise.

cheers,
madsquare.
I do not obey any norms. I redefine standard with every thought I make.
danson
Profile Joined April 2010
United States689 Posts
January 17 2011 08:24 GMT
#7
now this is GSL material. probably only 1 out of maybe 3 maps from iccup i would even bother sending into GSL for testing. perhaps you could get in touch with jon to see if he could reccomend it to someone?

10/10
BR3AKR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States46 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-17 08:46:53
January 17 2011 08:39 GMT
#8
Beautiful map prodiG. Keep up the awesome work man - I honestly believe the ICCup team is really helping drive the community forward toward custom maps.
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
January 17 2011 09:56 GMT
#9
the size seems to be good now, i'm gonna give this a try!
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
January 17 2011 10:19 GMT
#10
I really like the rework. You did a great job there prodiG.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
Mereel
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany895 Posts
January 17 2011 11:41 GMT
#11
this map is just beautiful

need it on europe asap
TPW Mapmaking Team
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
January 17 2011 14:01 GMT
#12
On January 17 2011 20:41 Mereel wrote:
this map is just beautiful

need it on europe asap

It'll be up on EU once I fix the performance issues later today. This damn game won't let me make my maps as pretty as I want them to be! D:
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
January 17 2011 14:31 GMT
#13
this game performs so bad performancewise.

concerning the map: i really like how everything is so compressed, no useless space. think it is more interesting than the original with its rather linear expansions (1-3).
looking forward to play it.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
January 17 2011 15:09 GMT
#14
:o.... i love it. i also like how you have golds for the 3rd instead of regular crystals. its beautiful, keep it up prodiG!!!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
January 17 2011 15:16 GMT
#15
On January 17 2011 23:01 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 20:41 Mereel wrote:
this map is just beautiful

need it on europe asap

It'll be up on EU once I fix the performance issues later today. This damn game won't let me make my maps as pretty as I want them to be! D:

How much doodads (effects) are there? ^^
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
January 17 2011 15:54 GMT
#16
Looks pretty good. No backdoor nonsense, there's a choice of expanding towards or away from your opponent at your third, Xel'naga looks important. Only thing I'm not so keen on is the walls around the centre of the map. Every map seems so enclosed.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
January 17 2011 18:35 GMT
#17
Sf
On January 18 2011 00:16 dezi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 23:01 prodiG wrote:
On January 17 2011 20:41 Mereel wrote:
this map is just beautiful

need it on europe asap

It'll be up on EU once I fix the performance issues later today. This damn game won't let me make my maps as pretty as I want them to be! D:

How much doodads (effects) are there? ^^

Just shy of 2500 not counting pathing. I wish this game was better optimized, deleting work because of stuff like this sucks.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 17 2011 18:39 GMT
#18
well, part of it might be that most of the games played on it have at least 8 observers lol :p

But part of it is that it's so intense.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
eloist
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1017 Posts
January 17 2011 18:45 GMT
#19
I like the Xel-Naga caverns-esque placement of the gold much better than the placement in the original Enigma. It might be a bit easy to take without rocks but I suppose it only being 5 patches makes up for that.
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
January 17 2011 19:01 GMT
#20
On January 18 2011 03:35 prodiG wrote:
Sf
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 00:16 dezi wrote:
On January 17 2011 23:01 prodiG wrote:
On January 17 2011 20:41 Mereel wrote:
this map is just beautiful

need it on europe asap

It'll be up on EU once I fix the performance issues later today. This damn game won't let me make my maps as pretty as I want them to be! D:

How much doodads (effects) are there? ^^

Just shy of 2500 not counting pathing. I wish this game was better optimized, deleting work because of stuff like this sucks.


How do you do pathing? I mean, I don't use doodads for it at all.

Otherwise; a really awesome map with stunning visuals!
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings76
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 132
RuFF_SC2 123
ProTech93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15702
Rain 2227
Artosis 579
Bale 16
NaDa 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3769
Counter-Strike
taco 323
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox736
Mew2King146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor991
Other Games
summit1g9066
Day[9].tv690
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0293
PiGStarcraft283
ArmadaUGS68
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV328
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 147
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP65
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv690
• Scarra679
• Shiphtur215
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 19m
OSC
20h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.