• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:54
CEST 23:54
KST 06:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

[Guide] MyStarcraft

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-18 04:55:05
August 17 2010 20:59 GMT
#1
[image loading]

I have been wanting to do a massive guide about MySC for a while, and finally managed to do it. Is still work in progress, so any feedback is welcome!

+ Show Spoiler [Introduction] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Seeing korean text and missing images] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Getting started] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [General terms] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Modifying your team] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Map analysis] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Items] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Strategies] +
[image loading]


Hopefully, this will solve doubts and questions about this game.


Download the game
Latest version available (1.27.03)
Latest translated version (1.26.02)


About saving
You can only save the game after the end of a season. You also need to create a folder (if you don't have it already) called "save" (not Save, it's case sensitive) next to the img folder.

Images still missing?
After you have change the non-unicode programs language to korean, you need to re-extract the game in order to see the correct folder names. This should fix the missing image issue.

If you see this:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

then you are supposed to see this:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you don't have the original XP CD, you can try rebuilding it.

And from there, use this guide to install East Asian Language support in XP.

How do you use items?
If you are running 1.27.03 you need to press TAB when you are in the screen where you select the players to send in the maps. In 1.26.02 (and versions before 1.27) you have a screen after selecting the players for the maps where you can click on the players and then click on the items to "equip" the items.



Many thanks to GTR for prividing with lots of info (and starting the original thread!), KaiKnight, for creating this awesome game,wswordsmen for translating it, xMiragex, and many others.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
August 17 2010 21:48 GMT
#2
great stuff thanks !


I was just wondering where do I need to put the save folder I created to have the game save properly?
Writer
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
August 17 2010 22:19 GMT
#3
On August 18 2010 06:48 swanized wrote:
great stuff thanks !


I was just wondering where do I need to put the save folder I created to have the game save properly?


Yes, you need to create a save folder next to the image folder. I forgot about that detail :z
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Esspen
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia29 Posts
August 17 2010 22:38 GMT
#4
just a question, how to save?... i just can't find any save button.
No Quote..
Megaman703
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada688 Posts
August 17 2010 22:47 GMT
#5
The condition potion lowers stats?

That explains a lot......
shurgen
Profile Joined October 2009
350 Posts
August 17 2010 22:59 GMT
#6
Dude you are AWESOME!!!!! i have like 100 seasons logged into this game... and i'm not nearly as good as you! thanks for the guide!
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
August 17 2010 23:00 GMT
#7
On August 18 2010 07:19 Quasar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2010 06:48 swanized wrote:
great stuff thanks !


I was just wondering where do I need to put the save folder I created to have the game save properly?


Yes, you need to create a save folder next to the image folder. I forgot about that detail :z



like that?

[image loading]

because that's what I did and it won't work T_T
Writer
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 23:09:11
August 17 2010 23:08 GMT
#8
On August 18 2010 08:00 swanized wrote:
because that's what I did and it won't work T_T


Yes, but it has to be lowercase (just "save").

On August 18 2010 07:38 Esspen wrote:
just a question, how to save?... i just can't find any save button.


You can only save at the end of the season.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
August 17 2010 23:10 GMT
#9
you can only save at the end of the season. sucks, i know, but its to prevent exploiting the RNG.

is it better to get a star necklace or the ring for training little kids? i've been using the ring with no complaints, but i'd like to know if its a better alternative.
boomer hands
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 23:17:51
August 17 2010 23:14 GMT
#10
On August 18 2010 08:10 seRapH wrote:
you can only save at the end of the season. sucks, i know, but its to prevent exploiting the RNG.

is it better to get a star necklace or the ring for training little kids? i've been using the ring with no complaints, but i'd like to know if its a better alternative.


If the player that I'm trying to train has a near 1000 attack or defense I just use the star necklace, seeing as it won't go any further. Or I just use the cool sunglasses, they're cheaper .
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
August 17 2010 23:24 GMT
#11
So does anyone know why sometimes my player's stats are over 1000 and why conditions go over 100%?
God Bless
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
August 17 2010 23:27 GMT
#12
This is really cool. Thanks for posting!
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51696 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 23:37:29
August 17 2010 23:28 GMT
#13
It maxes at 1100. You can't go any further than that. 1000 is the flat rate without items, you need items to reach 1100.

I don't know why conditions go over 100%, I guess there is a 'positive mindset' and a 'negative mindset' mechanic (when your players have their condition decreased for one game).

Also does anyone find the game to be rigged so that you cannot get a perfect regular season? I just played Winners League, and got 3-killed by a B Kwanro when I had a SS Skyhigh, SSS Effort and an A+ Jaedong.
Commentator
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 23:46:05
August 17 2010 23:40 GMT
#14
I have achieved 2 perfect seasons so far, sometimes i just lose to some random player (specially in winners league). Kind off like your example GTR.

I guess winners league is just too volatile.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
August 17 2010 23:52 GMT
#15
My pics don't show up. Any way to fix that?
God Bless
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
August 18 2010 00:02 GMT
#16
On August 18 2010 08:52 Roffles wrote:
My pics don't show up. Any way to fix that?


I used imgur, I have no idea why you can't see them.

Let me send you a PM in the meantime .
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
August 18 2010 00:05 GMT
#17
I meant the pics in my game don't show up. Never have on any previous versions either.
God Bless
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
August 18 2010 00:09 GMT
#18
On August 18 2010 09:05 Roffles wrote:
I meant the pics in my game don't show up. Never have on any previous versions either.


did you change the language for non-unicode programs on your PC to Korean?
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-18 00:12:05
August 18 2010 00:10 GMT
#19
On August 18 2010 09:09 Ikonn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2010 09:05 Roffles wrote:
I meant the pics in my game don't show up. Never have on any previous versions either.


did you change the language for non-unicode programs on your PC to Korean?

Yeah, I did. Ahh, I got it. I extracted it before I swapped non-unicode settings and it extracted with wrong names. Extracted once more afterwards and it works fine.

Thanks
God Bless
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
August 18 2010 00:13 GMT
#20
On August 18 2010 08:28 GTR wrote:
It maxes at 1100. You can't go any further than that. 1000 is the flat rate without items, you need items to reach 1100.

I don't know why conditions go over 100%, I guess there is a 'positive mindset' and a 'negative mindset' mechanic (when your players have their condition decreased for one game).

Also does anyone find the game to be rigged so that you cannot get a perfect regular season? I just played Winners League, and got 3-killed by a B Kwanro when I had a SS Skyhigh, SSS Effort and an A+ Jaedong.


You can get past 1100 with items. For example, Ring of Power + K-Silver + 1000 defense will give you 1210 on defense.

You're right about the conditions. There is a "Positive mindset" (marked with a green exclamation point) and a "Negative Mindset" (marked by "coils") over the players.

And no, I've had perfect regular seasons, winners league and non winners league. There's many things that could explain why Kwanro destroyed your team -- map, items, and condition.

I'll be willing to help translate (after this month) any portion of the game, even including the ingame commentary although i do agree it's quite useless

1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O154
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason142
BRAT_OK 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1131
ZZZero.O 154
Bale 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
League of Legends
Doublelift4889
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Fnx 924
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6222
Other Games
summit1g8668
FrodaN3119
KnowMe258
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV293
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1074
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 6m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.