• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7504 users

Lets help eachother practice as a community!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 20:18:35
June 09 2010 16:05 GMT
#1
Now that we could use Custom Maps that are designed to help players practice while the BNet servers are down, I think it would be awesome if we put together some sort of community project, as if we contribute together we could make sure we are provided with the best practicing tools available.

It would be super easy to contribute. With the features provided to us in these maps, all we have to do is PLAY them.

There are 2 maps that provide us with features that I think really stand out as being perfect for this project. First - YABTO - which provides us with the ability to customize our build orders and practice them, and we can customize our own waves of harass and a timing push. If we get a decent amount of build orders for each match up, and some challenging timings going, I cant think of a better tool to practice our macro play.

Second - Mimic AI. This map basically records your build order and unit mix, and mimics how you play. All you have to do is play it! For this map, I think it would be great if we contributed some of our AI banks, and listed what "Division" we were in on BNet, that way no matter how skilled the players are, we will always have a desirable challenge ready for us.

Once we have a decent amount, if you guys would like, we can contribute them to the developers of each map.

Would there be anyone interested in this? All we would need is a few people from each race in each division. The hardest part will probably be making sure we have someone on the high-end of each race, but even if we got a diamond level random player that would probably suffice!

Edit- There have been alot of responses about Mimic AI, so I'm adding the instructions on how to submit.

Instructions for the whole process for anyone who would like to submit

1) Download the Mimic AI map (the current version at the moment is 1.2b on the right side of this page - http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/mimic-ai/

2) If you want the optional basis AI's that the developer provided, also download "Mimic AI Data (optional)" on the right.

3) Put the MimicAIData file in to your "My Documents\Starcraft 2 Beta\Banks" folder. If the "Banks" folder does not exist, just make one and put the file inside.

4) Drag the MimicAI Map on to the icon for your Starcraft 2 Editor (in the folder you installed Starcraft 2 to).

5) Go to File > Preferences, and change the game speed to your desired speed.

6) Hit the "Test Document" button (the last button on top of the screen of the editor) to launch the game.Play a game.

7) If you are satisfied with your performance, at the end of your game, type "-save" (without the quotes). You will see a message on the top left telling you that it is saving, and then again when it has finished saving.

After that, once you quit out of the game and relaunch, the MimicAI will be able to attempt to mimic your performance. It will save up to 30 BO's to your MimicAiData file in your "MyDocuments\Starcraft 2 Beta\Banks" folder.

So if you would like to contribute, use "-save" on some of your games, and upload your MimicAIData file, and let us know your race, division, and if your BO was designed to play against a specific race and/or build.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
June 09 2010 16:37 GMT
#2
Uhm, how do we provide our AI banks? Should we post replays of our games or something?
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Iwbhs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States195 Posts
June 09 2010 16:40 GMT
#3
how does Mimic AI record like, harrass and drops?
Everyone loves Milano cookies.
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
June 09 2010 16:44 GMT
#4
On June 10 2010 01:37 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Uhm, how do we provide our AI banks? Should we post replays of our games or something?


Just play the map, at the end type -save. Then if you go to your my documents\starcraft 2 beta\banks folder, you will see MimicAIData.sc2bank. According to the map info, the AI data contains up to 30 saved build orders.

On June 10 2010 01:40 Iwbhs wrote:
how does Mimic AI record like, harrass and drops?


No idea. But if you have any problems or if it needs any features, post on the developers page and I'm sure they will add if possible.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
June 09 2010 16:46 GMT
#5
On June 10 2010 01:44 Spyridon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 01:37 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Uhm, how do we provide our AI banks? Should we post replays of our games or something?


Just play the map, at the end type -save. Then if you go to your my documents\starcraft 2 beta\banks folder, you will see MimicAIData.sc2bank. According to the map info, the AI data contains up to 30 saved build orders.

Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 01:40 Iwbhs wrote:
how does Mimic AI record like, harrass and drops?


No idea. But if you have any problems or if it needs any features, post on the developers page and I'm sure they will add if possible.



Now I understand, this is a very good way of helping out new players. I'll look for this MIMIC AI map so I can try providing so cute BO's I made
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
June 09 2010 16:52 GMT
#6
On June 10 2010 01:46 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Now I understand, this is a very good way of helping out new players. I'll look for this MIMIC AI map so I can try providing so cute BO's I made


Indeed it should be awesome training.

Heres a link, sorry I forgot to list it - http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/mimic-ai/
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
June 09 2010 18:06 GMT
#7
I dled and when I get in game it says 3 messages one for each race that some tool or somethng is missing? How do I fix this?
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
June 09 2010 18:27 GMT
#8
On June 10 2010 03:06 XXXSmOke wrote:
I dled and when I get in game it says 3 messages one for each race that some tool or somethng is missing? How do I fix this?


That typically means it has no AI saved yet. That is normal unless you have saved an AI already.

You can type... -save at the end of your game and it will save your build order. Close the game and next time you reopen, the game will know how to play that race.

Or, if you look at the download link I provided, and on the right there is a download for "Mimic AI Data (Optional)". Download this, and put it in your my documents\starcraft 2 beta\Banks folder. That installs some basic AI's, and you should be ready to go!
Cybes
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden23 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 18:46:58
June 09 2010 18:41 GMT
#9
I'm a low diamond/top play toss. I will start playing now!

Edit: Question: The game seems to be on fast and can I somehow make both me and the AI always spawn as toss?
tellthenightcomes
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada66 Posts
June 09 2010 18:56 GMT
#10
I think this is a very good idea. I have been playing these maps and they do help. I just dont understand how to make tourney with the ai. I also am not to sure how i can sue other races with mimic just prottos shows up
Soel
Profile Joined June 2010
90 Posts
June 09 2010 19:04 GMT
#11
wait you can play custom maps while the servers are down?? wtf? really?
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
June 09 2010 19:18 GMT
#12
On June 10 2010 04:04 Soel wrote:
wait you can play custom maps while the servers are down?? wtf? really?


Yes, from the Map Editor. Open up the map inside Map Editor, then in the top-right corner click the "Test Document" (or press F9) button. It doesn't require connection to battle.net - it's just like a single player custom map.

Regarding OP - I think this is a great idea! I wish I was a good enough player to make some contributions to help this out.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Cybes
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden23 Posts
June 09 2010 19:20 GMT
#13
On June 10 2010 04:04 Soel wrote:
wait you can play custom maps while the servers are down?? wtf? really?

Yes, just double click the map you want to play and run it with the Sc2 client.
Client: C:\Users\Public\Games\StarCraft II Beta\
Maps: C:\Users\<User name>\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
June 09 2010 19:22 GMT
#14
Wow mimic AI is really cool, I remember someone tried to make one for BW but it was buggy as fuck.
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
June 09 2010 19:34 GMT
#15
On June 10 2010 03:41 Cybes wrote:
I'm a low diamond/top play toss. I will start playing now!

Edit: Question: The game seems to be on fast and can I somehow make both me and the AI always spawn as toss?


You can go in to game options in game and change the speed, I'm sure u can do it in the map somehow but i forgot to try to figure it out. I should do that sometime.

For the race, in the Editor, go to the Map menu on top, and then pick Player Properties. On the Player tab you can set Race and how many CPU players you want.

On June 10 2010 04:18 EscPlan9 wrote:
Regarding OP - I think this is a great idea! I wish I was a good enough player to make some contributions to help this out.


What division were you on BNet before the server went down? It would be best if we could get people from every division to submit, even if you arent a good player! The people who have never played the game will want some Bronze AI's to go against too =)
Soel
Profile Joined June 2010
90 Posts
June 09 2010 19:38 GMT
#16
I am high level (? i think... 450+ ELO last patch) terran player.

I would be happy to contribute, but I am not entirely sure I understand what to do.
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
June 09 2010 19:50 GMT
#17
On June 10 2010 04:38 Soel wrote:
I am high level (? i think... 450+ ELO last patch) terran player.

I would be happy to contribute, but I am not entirely sure I understand what to do.


It's an easy process -

1) Download the Mimic AI map (the current version at the moment is 1.2b on the right side of this page - http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/mimic-ai/

2) If you want the optional basis AI's that the developer provided, also download "Mimic AI Data (optional)" on the right.

3) Put the MimicAIData file in to your "My Documents\Starcraft 2 Beta\Banks" folder. If the "Banks" folder does not exist, just make one and put the file inside.

4) Drag the MimicAI Map on to the icon for your Starcraft 2 Editor (in the folder you installed Starcraft 2 to).

5) Hit the "Test Document" button (the last button on top of the screen of the editor) to launch the game.

6) Play a game.

7) If you are satisfied with your performance, at the end of your game, type "-save" (without the quotes). You will see a message on the top left telling you that it is saving, and then again when it has finished saving.

After that, once you quit out of the game and relaunch, the MimicAI will be able to attempt to mimic your performance. It will save up to 30 BO's to your MimicAiData file in your "MyDocuments\Starcraft 2 Beta\Banks" folder.

So if you would like to contribute, use "-save" on some of your games, and upload your MimicAIData file, and let us know your race, division, and if your BO was designed to play against a specific race and/or build.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
June 09 2010 19:56 GMT
#18
really look forward to trying this after work! Thanks for informing us.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Soel
Profile Joined June 2010
90 Posts
June 09 2010 20:05 GMT
#19
thanks very much, I'm going to definitely try this out.

One thing though, the game feels like its on like "slow" or some speed setting... but in game variants it says "faster"

any idea what the deal is ?
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 20:17:46
June 09 2010 20:15 GMT
#20
On June 10 2010 05:05 Soel wrote:
thanks very much, I'm going to definitely try this out.

One thing though, the game feels like its on like "slow" or some speed setting... but in game variants it says "faster"

any idea what the deal is ?


In the editor go to File > Preferences, and you can set game speed from there.

You can also hit Escape in game, and go to the Gameplay menu in your options, and adjust the speed from there.

Also, I'd like some variety to the maps, and the developer gave instructions on how we could use it on different maps, but I have no idea where the BNet maps downloaded to, and the editor cant connect to bnet because it's down. So if anyone is able to provide the regular BNet maps, please let me know!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 156
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 462
Mong 107
Shinee 71
Bale 24
NotJumperer 18
Shine 15
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
JimRising 624
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 829
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft721
Other Games
summit1g7661
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft238
ceh9193
Happy91
Livibee70
RuFF_SC228
ArmadaUGS20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick549
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream429
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2260
League of Legends
• Lourlo1243
• Rush1212
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
3h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
17h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 4h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.