• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:30
CEST 15:30
KST 22:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9816 users

[Interview] eSTRO vs CJ Entus Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Jaester88
Profile Joined September 2009
United States143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-25 22:42:36
April 25 2010 22:40 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +

Kim Jung Woo (Effort), “I thank my fans for congratulating me on my 100th Proleague match.”

[image loading]


Q: Your feelings on your 17th win this season?
A: Our team’s not been doing so well recently, so we fell in rankings. We need to do well starting now, and I’m glad our team’s pace is picking up again with today’s win.

Q: You started off with a build order deficit.
A: I thought I could turn it around if I defended well. I was able to defend with good drone control.

Q: Your ZvZ record has been good since the OSL tiebreakers.
A: I hear that a lot these days (laughs). The tiebreakers have helped me a lot. After having played so many games on stage, I’ve gotten better at mind games and built more confidence.

Q: This is your first win in round 4.
A: My skills have been lacking. It’s in the past now, so I’ll forget about it and focus on doing better in the future.

Q: Is this the beginning of your revival?
A: I don’t know about revival; I think it’s more of a picking up the pace kind of thing. My style’s been changing little by little, and I feel more comfortable against my opponents now.

Q: Your next match is against Woongjin.
A: I don’t know if I’ll be on the lineup or not, but if I do, I want to beat whomever I face. I believe CJ will win against Woongjin too. Personally, I hope I don’t want to face Zero, who I’m facing in the OSL. I don’t like playing against one player too many times in a short span of time.

Q: Last words?
A: Today was my 100th Proleague match, and my fans sent me fruits and beverages. I’ll play better in the future, so please keep cheering for me.

Source:

http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=25739


+ Show Spoiler +

Byun Hyung Tae (Iris), “The attitude of playing the game with passion is important.”

[image loading]


Q: Your feelings on your team’s win?
A: I’m glad our team won. My younger teammates are doing well, but I hope they can do even better from now on.

Q: You’re on a two-game win streak in round 4, your first win streak this season.
A: Nothing too special about that; I suppose I’m happy I’m winning.

Q: Your thoughts on why you’ve been doing so poorly in the recent past?
A: Since my record has been pretty poor, I’m a little scared to talk about it (laughs). Since I’m getting older, I suppose I’m climbing the old players’ tech tree. [T/N: Yes, he said tech tree.] I’m getting older, and my older teammates are leaving and stuff, so that naturally led to poor performance. So I’ve lost the confidence of my teammates, and my performance is still poor… It’s a harsh reality.

Q: Is there a reason you’ve been performing better this round?
A: I had no intention of letting my career die this way. I need to start getting myself moving to do whatever it is I mean to do. Think of it as warm-up.

Q: This OSL’s second half of Ro8 will be in Ulsan, where your OSL finals were.
A: I noticed that the Ro8 will be played in Ulsan, where the next finals will be. I saw the ads for it, and they only mentioned GGPlay, so I was a bit sad (laughs). When I think back to the finals there, I do remember that the fans had a lot of energy there. I hope the remaining players in the OSL also feel that energy and enjoy playing there. And I do feel that I want to be on that stage again. To do that, I will have to try extra hard.

Q: What area are you working most hard for as an element to your revival?
A: My mindset is the most important thing. I need to play the game with passion once more. How much passion I’m putting into the game right now is a secret (laughs).

Q: Can we look forward to more lineup appearances from you from now on?
A: I’ll try my best (laughs).

Q: Last words?
A: I’ve been following Midas’s interviews recently. We were teammates when our team was still called G.O. but that was a short time, so we weren’t that close. I don’t usually cheer for players from different teams, but I somehow end up cheering for Midas. I think it’s because we’re in a similar situation. I saw that he was facing Jaedong in the MSL; I hope he wins and brings good results.

Source:

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106177&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd=

http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=25743


+ Show Spoiler +

Jang Yoon Chul (Snow), "I'm happier than usual because I wont the concluding set."

[image loading]


Q: You sealed your team’s victory with your win.
A: I’m just happy I won. I’m happier than usual because I won the concluding set.

Q: You went for fast carriers.
A: I’ve studied all of Really’s games on Polaris Rhapsody. [GosI]flying used this build first on this map, and when I practiced it with my teammates, my win rate was good even though my teammates knew I was using this strategy. So I used it.

Q: So were you expecting that Really would play on Polaris Rhapsody?
A: Not especially. I practiced against all three races equally, but I was just planning to use fast carriers against Terrans. It is true that I expected Terrans a little more than the other two races.

Q: What the the most difficult aspect of your game today?
A: I let the Terran take his expansions too freely. So I thought I was behind, but not as behind as to be not able to win. My play afterwards worked out well.

Q: Your 100% win rate in Dream League is slowly showing its colors.
A: I built a lot of my confidence from my wins in Dream League. Playing in Dream League definitely does help, not as much in-game as external factors, such as your mindset going into a match, and your confidence.

Q: You’re solidifying your place as a regular Proleague player in your team.
A: I don’t know yet. Movie is still really good, and I’m still in the learning stages. I’ll try harder and harder until I can say with confidence that I am a regular Proleague player of the team.

Q: Your goals for the 09-10 season?
A: By the end of round 5, I want to have 10 wins. I believe I need to aim high. That’s how you grow ambition, and achieve your dreams.

Q: Last words?
A: Thanks to Yoo Young Jin (Rush) for helping with practice.

Source:

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106178&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd=

http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=25741
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
April 25 2010 22:44 GMT
#2
yeah effort!

i hope he gets back into his previously beastly self
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
April 25 2010 22:46 GMT
#3
On April 26 2010 07:44 hyst.eric.al wrote:
yeah effort!

i hope he gets back into his previously beastly self


He will..until he meets flash in OSL final
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Genjimaru
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada515 Posts
April 25 2010 22:47 GMT
#4
I hope Iris can keep it up. Hopefully a win brings CJ some confidence.
F.A.O.D.
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
100 Posts
April 25 2010 22:48 GMT
#5
did effort get surgery or something? is it just my imagination or does his face look alot different than it used to?

btw thx for translations
ㅅ_ㅅ;;
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 25 2010 22:53 GMT
#6
Iris' two win streak is just a warmup!! Hell yeah, Berserker's return! :D
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
April 25 2010 22:54 GMT
#7
On April 26 2010 07:48 F.A.O.D. wrote:
did effort get surgery or something? is it just my imagination or does his face look alot different than it used to?

btw thx for translations


When hes not playing he looks more.."normal"..
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
April 25 2010 22:58 GMT
#8
good job effort
<3 good job on the translation
and thanks!
cw)minsean(ru
lowbright
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
308 Posts
April 26 2010 02:15 GMT
#9
i'm so glad cj is finally back. it feels like it's been forever since i've read a cj winner's interview
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #49
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 26 2010 02:27 GMT
#10
--- Nuked ---
Kashll
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1117 Posts
April 26 2010 02:28 GMT
#11
Gooooooo Iris!!!!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 26 2010 02:50 GMT
#12
IRIS YEAH!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
April 26 2010 02:58 GMT
#13
effort looks a lot more like an alien when he's playing

when he's not playing he's just a korean nerd with a bad haircut
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-26 03:01:30
April 26 2010 03:01 GMT
#14
I'm actually starting to like snow a lot more. It sounds like he puts a lot of prep and thought into his matches, and can play intelligently. Plus he's a beast in offline matches.

Also it's good to see iris and effort winning ^_^
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 26 2010 03:04 GMT
#15
iris <3 midas
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 26 2010 03:13 GMT
#16
hope Effort starts being awesomely good again. It would be very healthy for my FPL team
lone_hydra
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada1460 Posts
April 26 2010 03:31 GMT
#17
Hahaha, snow used estro's build against them.

But wow, never lost a game in dream league? That is really impressive. Considering all the cheeses and pushes and zerg you face. Gj snow.
Fav Gamers: 2)Stork 5)Bisu
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
April 26 2010 03:39 GMT
#18
IRIS!!!!!!! <3 old skool ppl
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
April 26 2010 03:53 GMT
#19
snow could be on the PR next month if he didn't play so terrible vs roro
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
April 26 2010 04:26 GMT
#20
On April 26 2010 07:54 Megalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2010 07:48 F.A.O.D. wrote:
did effort get surgery or something? is it just my imagination or does his face look alot different than it used to?

btw thx for translations


When hes not playing he looks more.."normal"..

When EffOrt plays, he lets his guard down, and his human mask slips a little bit.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1425
WardiTV632
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6403
Bisu 2281
Jaedong 1150
EffOrt 535
Horang2 404
actioN 392
Mini 315
ZerO 208
ggaemo 170
Larva 154
[ Show more ]
Mind 111
Pusan 102
Sharp 76
Shinee 75
Sea.KH 75
Snow 57
Barracks 56
Bale 55
Hyun 53
Dewaltoss 52
hero 42
ToSsGirL 39
sorry 29
scan(afreeca) 22
NotJumperer 21
Sacsri 17
Trap 13
Noble 10
zelot 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc3852
qojqva1863
Dendi966
Counter-Strike
markeloff77
Other Games
olofmeister1045
hiko814
B2W.Neo555
Lowko389
crisheroes292
DeMusliM237
Pyrionflax197
Livibee151
Hui .129
Liquid`VortiX98
QueenE84
Mew2King58
ZerO(Twitch)8
XBOCT2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV718
League of Legends
• Jankos1905
• Nemesis1626
• TFBlade468
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 31m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.