• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8097 users

Coach-Pupil League

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 21:26:18
December 04 2009 02:36 GMT
#1
SIGNUP THREAD UP, CLICK HERE



From EsX_Raptor's recent blog:

On December 04 2009 08:06 EsX_Raptor wrote:
This is an idea that came into my mind not long ago. It is pretty simple and I think it would be pretty fun to be a part of if it ever happens.

A set of "coaches" will be picking up pupils whom they will be training for a couple of months or so and after this period of time is over, the teams will have some sort of cw to see which coach trained their pupils the best.

Of course the trainees should be of around D- to C- icc level and the coaches at least around B-. And like any normal team, they can have their own tags, logos, etc, but this is up to the coach and how he wishes to train his students.

What do you guys think?


Who will be interested in a league like this? (Apparently, SC2GG did something very similar to this).

Well, we'll need at least 6+ teams, and each team will have to have at least 5 players and a coach. I'm thinking about D- ~ D+ range for the players, and C and above for coaches, but it will really depend on who wants to participate.

It would be a great learning experience for the players, and it will also be fun for the coaches. Maybe we can even throw in something for the winning coach.

In order to keep the teams fair, we would have to run a pre-league tournament with all the players to be able to separate the players by levels, then assign them equally to each team.

If enough people want to play, we can get this going, probably after the TSL ladder stages are over. The ideal time the matches take place would be around 1~2PM Saturday EST (18:00 to 19:00 CET). That way, people in Europe and Americas can both participate without having to stay up too late.

Of course, none of this will matter if not enough people want to play, so we can discuss the format, time etc. after seeing who would actually be interested in this.

So if you're interested, post what position you want to be (Coach/Player) and your approximate iCCup rank. Only post if you're really willing to play throughout the league and willing to spend time in this.

I think this would be really interesting, what do you think?

EDIT: I will be posting Signup/Polls thread later today, I will also PM everyone who has shown interest on this thread in case they don't notice it
Writer
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
December 04 2009 02:40 GMT
#2
This is an awesome idea and I fully support it, good luck getting it all going
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
December 04 2009 02:41 GMT
#3
That'd be a pretty sweet idea, especially for those who are getting coached to get some input from higher level players.

And if this ever did go through, I'd be more than willing to participate. D- toss for the win. =D
God Bless
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
December 04 2009 02:41 GMT
#4
that's pretty awesome, but I probably won't play because of time difference. The last time I played at TL Arena, it was 3am t_t
POGGERS
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
December 04 2009 02:44 GMT
#5
I'd love to do this. Player/D-D+
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
December 04 2009 02:45 GMT
#6
This is a fun idea.
I'd be willing to participate
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
December 04 2009 02:46 GMT
#7
I'd like to take part in this, I was hoping to get about to some mass-gaming next ICCup season when I have more time anyway so this would be a nice aid for improvement. D zerg player.
BW forever || Thall
Xmplify
Profile Joined October 2009
United States57 Posts
December 04 2009 02:47 GMT
#8
Even though I'm new I'd love to take part in this as a player. I'm fairly new to SC however and am D- toss.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 02:53:46
December 04 2009 02:49 GMT
#9
I could coach if you want a C/C+ terran player, but if better players show up then definitely count me out.

edit: is it fair to have a couple guys coach one team? or does coaching have to be solo? I'm thinking about making pokebunny+spritelove co-coach team if he agrees but not sure if this would be allowed. However, there's nothing to stop me from just asking him to help out either way so I guess it could be implemented, as long as you don't get a ridiculous imbalance of coaches for some reason.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Deux
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States159 Posts
December 04 2009 02:51 GMT
#10
I'd love to see something like this get off the ground either as a player or a spectator. I would be really interesting to see the progress of the players over time

If you need help with anything including photo/video editing let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Also, I'd be quite interested in being one of the players as well, D level Protoss here.
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
December 04 2009 02:53 GMT
#11
I'd play, looking to get back into Starcraft. (Player, D+ level Terran).
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
December 04 2009 02:55 GMT
#12
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
ManButter
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada38 Posts
December 04 2009 02:58 GMT
#13
This is a really amazing idea, I'd be willing to play as long as the times were good.
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
December 04 2009 02:58 GMT
#14
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.


Hmm, that might work. This is only a thread to see how many people would be interested, so we can consider stuff like that later
Writer
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
December 04 2009 02:59 GMT
#15
If my schedule allows it id definitely play.
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
December 04 2009 02:59 GMT
#16
Yeah I would desperately want to play in this, it seems like a great idea. I'm D+ C- borderline player.
andeh
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States904 Posts
December 04 2009 03:00 GMT
#17
I would play, but do you think there would be enough teachers?
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 03:01:54
December 04 2009 03:00 GMT
#18
On December 04 2009 11:58 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.


Hmm, that might work. This is only a thread to see how many people would be interested, so we can consider stuff like that later


Respond to my post D:

FYI I didn't play TSL, how fair is that? You can't just assume everyone on TL plays in TSL..
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Elite00fm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States548 Posts
December 04 2009 03:02 GMT
#19
This is a really cool idea
I'm C- high, but have been pretty inactive so I'm probably closer to D+ now, would def be interested
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 03:03:28
December 04 2009 03:02 GMT
#20
God, someone coach me. (D--) I don't even use iccup after I downloaded it.
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 127
-ZergGirl 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1923
910 71
sorry 51
Yoon 39
Bale 32
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 15
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Reynor20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox618
Mew2King43
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor126
Other Games
summit1g7524
WinterStarcraft400
PiGStarcraft274
C9.Mang0256
Sick225
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream199
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Stunt485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 9m
Stellar Fest
7h 9m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.