• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:24
CEST 11:24
KST 18:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9779 users

Coach-Pupil League - Page 10

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
December 04 2009 19:05 GMT
#181
d+ terran pupil i have potential to be Olympic no problem.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 04 2009 19:05 GMT
#182
EsX_Raptor is it still ok for me and spritelove to co-coach one team? If it isn't, I'll do it anyways.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
December 04 2009 19:08 GMT
#183
It's like having your own little pokémon.
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
December 04 2009 19:10 GMT
#184
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.

I cannot stress this enough. Like thunk says in his reply, each player that is going to join should have minimum of "x games". This is to weed out all those "no shows" who say they will play but rarely end up showing up for matches.

I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 04 2009 19:14 GMT
#185
On December 05 2009 04:10 kOre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.

I cannot stress this enough. Like thunk says in his reply, each player that is going to join should have minimum of "x games". This is to weed out all those "no shows" who say they will play but rarely end up showing up for matches.

I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?

You can't make a fair judgment just on whether or not they like laddering.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
December 04 2009 19:14 GMT
#186
On December 05 2009 04:10 kOre wrote:
I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?


I can do that
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
lac29
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1485 Posts
December 04 2009 19:17 GMT
#187
It's a lot of work to ask a coach to teach 5 people. You may want to reconsider putting it lower like 3 ... or even 2.

I say make this on the smaller scale and have a bunch of D players as backups in case one of the selected D players isn't active enough or doesn't show.
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
December 04 2009 19:20 GMT
#188
On December 05 2009 04:14 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 04:10 kOre wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.

I cannot stress this enough. Like thunk says in his reply, each player that is going to join should have minimum of "x games". This is to weed out all those "no shows" who say they will play but rarely end up showing up for matches.

I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?

You can't make a fair judgment just on whether or not they like laddering.

I know you can't exactly judge commitment based on laddering, but what are the chances that someone who has 1 post on TL and is unknown in the community, and has 1 game on iCCup in the past 6 months and says they want to join, is actually going to show up?

Like people have said, SC2GG did something like this and the main problem was people not showing up.
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
December 04 2009 19:23 GMT
#189
On December 05 2009 04:05 Pokebunny wrote:
EsX_Raptor is it still ok for me and spritelove to co-coach one team? If it isn't, I'll do it anyways.

that seems ok
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
December 04 2009 19:24 GMT
#190
On December 05 2009 04:20 kOre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 04:14 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 05 2009 04:10 kOre wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.

I cannot stress this enough. Like thunk says in his reply, each player that is going to join should have minimum of "x games". This is to weed out all those "no shows" who say they will play but rarely end up showing up for matches.

I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?

You can't make a fair judgment just on whether or not they like laddering.

I know you can't exactly judge commitment based on laddering, but what are the chances that someone who has 1 post on TL and is unknown in the community, and has 1 game on iCCup in the past 6 months and says they want to join, is actually going to show up?

Like people have said, SC2GG did something like this and the main problem was people not showing up.
The problem is that there are probably some new players who would be motivated to start because of an opportunity like this. They can't just ladder up 100 games overnight.
Gruv
Profile Joined October 2009
United Kingdom379 Posts
December 04 2009 19:25 GMT
#191
On December 05 2009 04:20 kOre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 04:14 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 05 2009 04:10 kOre wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.

I cannot stress this enough. Like thunk says in his reply, each player that is going to join should have minimum of "x games". This is to weed out all those "no shows" who say they will play but rarely end up showing up for matches.

I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?

You can't make a fair judgment just on whether or not they like laddering.

I know you can't exactly judge commitment based on laddering, but what are the chances that someone who has 1 post on TL and is unknown in the community, and has 1 game on iCCup in the past 6 months and says they want to join, is actually going to show up?

Like people have said, SC2GG did something like this and the main problem was people not showing up.


To be fair you're also forgetting about the people who have just come back to SC. I myself just got back into what 3 days ago maybe and signed upto ICCUP this morning but haven't had chance to play a game at all today. So just because I haven't had the chance to play a few games you instantly assume i'm not going to play? I know I know you're just trying to make it run as smooth as possible but it's a bit unfair and presumptuous(sp) on people.

My personal opinion is that it should maybe be one strike and you're out and that the coach gets the final say unless it's actually a good reason like you've died or something. But just my 2 cents or pence as i'm from the UK :p.
Well butter my biscuit.
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
December 04 2009 19:27 GMT
#192
On December 05 2009 04:25 Gruv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 04:20 kOre wrote:
On December 05 2009 04:14 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 05 2009 04:10 kOre wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.

I cannot stress this enough. Like thunk says in his reply, each player that is going to join should have minimum of "x games". This is to weed out all those "no shows" who say they will play but rarely end up showing up for matches.

I would say something around a hundred or so games on their iCCup account would suffice?

You can't make a fair judgment just on whether or not they like laddering.

I know you can't exactly judge commitment based on laddering, but what are the chances that someone who has 1 post on TL and is unknown in the community, and has 1 game on iCCup in the past 6 months and says they want to join, is actually going to show up?

Like people have said, SC2GG did something like this and the main problem was people not showing up.


To be fair you're also forgetting about the people who have just come back to SC. I myself just got back into what 3 days ago maybe and signed upto ICCUP this morning but haven't had chance to play a game at all today. So just because I haven't had the chance to play a few games you instantly assume i'm not going to play? I know I know you're just trying to make it run as smooth as possible but it's a bit unfair and presumptuous(sp) on people.

My personal opinion is that it should maybe be one strike and you're out and that the coach gets the final say unless it's actually a good reason like you've died or something. But just my 2 cents or pence as i'm from the UK :p.

Yeah, I guess you guys are right, the 1 shot and you get cut thing seems fair.
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 04 2009 19:29 GMT
#193
I agree, I was just saying a ladder requirement is unfair. I have like 300+ so it wouldnt effect me...
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
December 04 2009 19:32 GMT
#194
B-/B terran, will train only the fanatical and the insane !!
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
TheFallofTroy
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada780 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 19:33:52
December 04 2009 19:32 GMT
#195
On December 05 2009 04:29 Pokebunny wrote:
I agree, I was just saying a ladder requirement is unfair. I have like 300+ so it wouldnt effect me...

I agree, there shouldn't be a ladder requirement, but it should be if you miss a match or don't practice with your team enough, then your out.
^_^V
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
December 04 2009 19:44 GMT
#196
I didn't read the entire thread, but I would like to play in it.

Also, for those who are concerned about people being no-shows: I don't like to ladder, and I rarely do. However, if I do like to play against people I know (clanmates, etc) and I show up if I can.

I'm probably back to C- now... but I considered myself a C/C+ a month or so ago.
Stuck.
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
December 04 2009 19:47 GMT
#197
I will be creating signup/poll/info thread now.
Writer
numLoCK
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1416 Posts
December 04 2009 19:52 GMT
#198
I don't think a minimum number of ladder games is very fair, I know I hate laddering so it'd be difficult for me to make the requirement. If you are worried about noshows, a preliminary tournament held over more than one day could weed out the noshows from the people willing to come in every time.
TeMiL
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Peru545 Posts
December 04 2009 19:58 GMT
#199
i have a peruvian team with gamers from D to D+ almost C-
count with me ^^
Cerumo
Profile Joined December 2009
United States40 Posts
December 04 2009 20:01 GMT
#200
D/D- Zerg Here
Iwinulose
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1213
firebathero 641
Hyun 402
Hyuk 398
BeSt 344
Jaedong 336
Mong 292
Soma 217
PianO 87
Shine 68
[ Show more ]
Sexy 68
910 57
Mind 55
Stork 47
sSak 41
Shinee 28
Hm[arnc] 27
ZergMaN 27
Bale 25
yabsab 22
Sharp 19
HiyA 17
ZerO 16
sorry 13
Noble 11
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe9
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1284
olofmeister1150
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King320
Other Games
gofns34298
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe136
Pyrionflax104
singsing62
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick466
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1004
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur421
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 36m
Patches Events
6h 36m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.