• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:47
CEST 14:47
KST 21:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8821 users

Coach-Pupil League - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 03:03:36
December 04 2009 03:02 GMT
#21
On December 04 2009 12:00 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 11:58 l10f wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.


Hmm, that might work. This is only a thread to see how many people would be interested, so we can consider stuff like that later


Respond to my post D:

FYI I didn't play TSL, how fair is that? You can't just assume everyone on TL plays in TSL..


Yeah, that's true. I think most of the players willing to coach will be in C+/B- range. If there are enough coaches, I guess we can allow doubling up I haven't given too much thought about format yet.

Yeah, it may be too much for one person to take care of 5 people.
Writer
2minutevictory
Profile Joined December 2009
United States89 Posts
December 04 2009 03:03 GMT
#22
i'm a D+ level player and i think this would be really cool =)

but i would only have time during the weekends/breaks
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 03:05:28
December 04 2009 03:04 GMT
#23
On December 04 2009 12:02 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 12:00 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:58 l10f wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.


Hmm, that might work. This is only a thread to see how many people would be interested, so we can consider stuff like that later


Respond to my post D:

FYI I didn't play TSL, how fair is that? You can't just assume everyone on TL plays in TSL..


Yeah, that's true. I think most of the players willing to coach will be in C+/B- range. If there are enough coaches, I guess we can allow doubling up I haven't given too much thought about format yet.


I'm C+ high and SpriteLove is B high... I wonder if we'll get any ~B+ level players from TL to do it (stylish/oystein/kwark/shauni/etc)

TBH you can't stop people from getting outside help anyways.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
coolcrimefighter
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States378 Posts
December 04 2009 03:04 GMT
#24
i would love to play in something like this
D/D- protoss
ToeJam
Profile Joined April 2009
United States282 Posts
December 04 2009 03:04 GMT
#25
I would definitely participate D+ here. After Christmas would be a good time to start since I'm sure a lot of people here are in college and have finals these coming weeks.
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
December 04 2009 03:04 GMT
#26
I'm D+/ C- high player and would be interested in giving this a shot haha
would be fun to finally break the C- barrier for good!

or learn some cool cheeses
Writerman what
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
December 04 2009 03:05 GMT
#27
On December 04 2009 12:04 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 12:02 l10f wrote:
On December 04 2009 12:00 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:58 l10f wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.


Hmm, that might work. This is only a thread to see how many people would be interested, so we can consider stuff like that later


Respond to my post D:

FYI I didn't play TSL, how fair is that? You can't just assume everyone on TL plays in TSL..


Yeah, that's true. I think most of the players willing to coach will be in C+/B- range. If there are enough coaches, I guess we can allow doubling up I haven't given too much thought about format yet.


I'm C+ high and SpriteLove is B high... I wonder if we'll get any ~B+ level players from TL to do it (stylish/oystein/kwark/shauni/etc)


That would be awesome if they could spend time on this!
Writer
Pellucidity
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Netherlands377 Posts
December 04 2009 03:05 GMT
#28
This is the best idea ever. I'd like to be a pupil please. I've been meaning to get back into starcraft and this seems like the perfect way to do it! I'm about D/D- .
"NO MUCH. WHY ARE YOUR SCARABS SO STUPID" - Tasteless
fAnTaCy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States893 Posts
December 04 2009 03:06 GMT
#29
I'd like to do this but i wouldn't be able to show up much due to having a full time job basically T_T
President of Doctor Helvetica Fan Club...PM to join. Members--4, Most recent: Archas
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
December 04 2009 03:06 GMT
#30
On December 04 2009 12:02 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 12:00 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:58 l10f wrote:
On December 04 2009 11:55 thunk wrote:
Why don't you just mandate that everyone who wants to participate has play a set number of games in the TSL.

Then, you don't have to assess their skill levels, their race, they're active enough to put in enough games, all that good stuff.


Hmm, that might work. This is only a thread to see how many people would be interested, so we can consider stuff like that later


Respond to my post D:

FYI I didn't play TSL, how fair is that? You can't just assume everyone on TL plays in TSL..


Yeah, that's true. I think most of the players willing to coach will be in C+/B- range. If there are enough coaches, I guess we can allow doubling up I haven't given too much thought about format yet.

Yeah, it may be too much for one person to take care of 5 people.


Like it's easy to vet the coaches. If you're C/B and have an account to prove it, it's easy to assume you know the time required and know whether or can be reliable throughout the process.

It's a little harder to vet the D/D+/C- players.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Cowazon
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada58 Posts
December 04 2009 03:06 GMT
#31
Great idea! D level zerg here...would definitely be interested in playing if something like this starts up.
bleakill
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada18 Posts
December 04 2009 03:07 GMT
#32
I'm a D/D+ level player and would love to participate in this.
PiSan
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States160 Posts
December 04 2009 03:07 GMT
#33
I'd love to participate as a player, D+/C- Zerg.

I can't play until the TSL ladder stage is over (exams). But then I have winter break and will be perfectly able to apply myself to this. I was already planning on seeing how far I could go during break, and having a coach and a tournament would surely help my progress. I have a feeling many people are in the same situation and it would be a shame to exclude us by using the TSL ladder as a qualifier .
Nehsb
Profile Joined May 2009
United States380 Posts
December 04 2009 03:08 GMT
#34
would be awesome to do this

haven't played many games on my iccup account, but D/D- zerg
NSANE.hydra
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States644 Posts
December 04 2009 03:09 GMT
#35
Sounds awesome, I'd really love to do this. D+ Zerg player, so obviously I'm looking to play rather than coach
"fuck mech...I could 4pool and as long as he's simply PLANNING on going mech, I'll lose"
durza
Profile Joined August 2009
United States667 Posts
December 04 2009 03:09 GMT
#36
Yeah this sounds like a great idea, I'm willing to join d minus protoss
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 03:10:24
December 04 2009 03:10 GMT
#37
nvm, pointless post
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
December 04 2009 03:10 GMT
#38
I recently made C- and I play protoss. I would love to do this, but would I be too high ranked? I have tons of free time over the next few months and plan on mass gaming anyways.
My only problem is that you said games would be played early morning EST. That means super early for those of us on the west coast. I would rather play really late then really early. I usually sleep from 3am-1pm or so.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 04 2009 03:13 GMT
#39
Totally missed reading the match time. Why would it be early morning EST? Any specific reason you chose this time ? 0o

I would think something like 1 PM EST would suit everyone best
10-1 in america, 5-7 in Europe, and if Asia/Aus really wants to sneak in... (doubt they could with this timeslot though.)
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
JJaShik
Profile Joined March 2009
Korea (South)4 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 12:41:26
December 04 2009 03:13 GMT
#40
Hello this looks like a really good idea haha

i would love to take part in this as a student haha

my rank is in the VERY low D+ hhahaha

it would be great if i had a teacher haha

Thanks for the idea
GO NADA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1344
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 275
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56985
Calm 3717
Shuttle 3488
FanTaSy 1578
Bisu 1516
firebathero 367
Stork 333
Mini 286
Hyuk 271
Rush 250
[ Show more ]
Soma 246
EffOrt 230
Zeus 226
Soulkey 178
actioN 157
Last 150
Light 145
ZerO 131
Snow 112
Dewaltoss 67
Mong 66
Killer 65
Barracks 54
Pusan 49
hero 42
JYJ 42
PianO 40
NotJumperer 37
Shinee 37
Free 36
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 31
Hyun 30
Aegong 28
Sharp 27
Shine 26
sorry 19
yabsab 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Noble 11
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5882
Dendi629
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1389
kRYSTAL_310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko379
Other Games
gofns36261
singsing2055
B2W.Neo845
crisheroes276
hiko236
DeMusliM216
Livibee133
byalli129
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
14m
OSC
9h 29m
Replay Cast
10h 14m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.