Match Point
TvZ: 3-0 (100%)
ZvP: 1-1 (50%)
PvT: 3-5 (37.5%)
Fighting Spirit
TvZ: 5-0 (100%)
ZvP: 4-3 (57.1%)
PvT: 3-5 (37.5%)
Ultimatum
Odd-Eye
| Forum Index > Closed |
|
jalstar
United States8198 Posts
Match Point TvZ: 3-0 (100%) ZvP: 1-1 (50%) PvT: 3-5 (37.5%) Fighting Spirit TvZ: 5-0 (100%) ZvP: 4-3 (57.1%) PvT: 3-5 (37.5%) Ultimatum Odd-Eye | ||
|
Shiladie
Canada1631 Posts
Despite it's size I think ultimatim will favor shorter games in matchups with zerg, and long drawn out ones for pvp/tvt/pvt due to the island gases. something i'm curious about it whether the 3 mineral patches helping blocking the ramp to the natural are 1 stack of 0 minerals. If so it means a scouting worker can clear them out, allowing for the neutral building to be destroyed and opening the ramp up. If the patches have more then 0 minerals in them, I see it as a gimmick that will only be used to assist in defensive troop bottleneck prevention. Odd-Eye looks very closed off, and with the 3 segregated paths I don't expect much flanking will be possible, as it will take too long for any flanking forces to get into position. While it has 3 easy gas, the base structures are very deterent of muta harrass due to the ramp being along the line between the 2 mineral lines, allowing for easy marine-group movement to cover both. as such I expect to see a lot more hydra-lurker play from zergs on it. (edit: after seeing the maps bigger then a thumbnail it doesn't look as bad as I thought for the ramp positioning) my 2 cents to be taken with a grain of salt, as I'm just a D+ zerg... | ||
|
NeoOmega
United States495 Posts
On November 20 2009 05:54 Shiladie wrote: I think disapointingly the zerg reign of terror may be coming to a close, both these 2 new maps are... I wouldn't say anti-zerg, but compared the the zerg friendly maps of the last year, these are going to be a harsh reality. Despite it's size I think ultimatim will favor shorter games in matchups with zerg, and long drawn out ones for pvp/tvt/pvt due to the island gases. something i'm curious about it whether the 3 mineral patches helping blocking the ramp to the natural are 1 stack of 0 minerals. If so it means a scouting worker can clear them out, allowing for the neutral building to be destroyed and opening the ramp up. If the patches have more then 0 minerals in them, I see it as a gimmick that will only be used to assist in defensive troop bottleneck prevention. Odd-Eye looks very closed off, and with the 3 segregated paths I don't expect much flanking will be possible, as it will take too long for any flanking forces to get into position. While it has 3 easy gas, the base structures are very deterent of muta harrass due to the ramp being along the line between the 2 mineral lines, allowing for easy marine-group movement to cover both. as such I expect to see a lot more hydra-lurker play from zergs on it. (edit: after seeing the maps bigger then a thumbnail it doesn't look as bad as I thought for the ramp positioning) my 2 cents to be taken with a grain of salt, as I'm just a D+ zerg... Thats just how things work in the Korean Starcraft scene. The same thing happened like 9 months ago when protoss seemed unstoppable. It seems like the map pools always shift in a way that punishes whoever is doing well, instead of aiming for balance. | ||
|
pachi
Melbourne5338 Posts
| ||
| ||
|
|
The PondCast
OSC
Stellar Fest
OSC
Stellar Fest
CranKy Ducklings
Online Event
FEL
AI Arena Tournament
BSL: Ladder Tournament
[ Show More ] Sparkling Tuna Cup
INu's Battles
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
BSL Open Qualifier
Replay Cast
WardiTV Weekly
Replay Cast
INu's Battles
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
|
|
|