• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:26
CEST 12:26
KST 19:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12068 users

Tech support icons! - Page 3

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 22:58:46
April 03 2012 22:56 GMT
#41
On April 04 2012 05:53 HackBenjamin wrote:
I would also nominate skyR, he's a smart cookie. And TheToast. And JingleHell, even though he can come off as a mean guy sometimes, he knows his shit.


I wouldn't highlight me, because I know some of my shit, and about half of my posts are either on debatable things or are attempts at helping troubleshoot, which is usually a process of trial and error, and I wouldn't want another person's suggestions to be ignored in favor of my own in those cases, as usually I throw my suggestions in there as complementary to what's already been suggested.

85% of what looks like some sort of knowledge from me is a combination of experience and analysis. The rest is just an ability to read and a willingness to broaden my knowledge.

I assure you skyR, Myrmidon, and Womwomwom at a minimum out of the regulars all knew this already.

Besides which, I'm still working on my bad habit of being a dick, and they wouldn't want to give new people the wrong impression.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 03 2012 23:55 GMT
#42
On April 04 2012 05:53 HackBenjamin wrote:
I would also nominate skyR, he's a smart cookie. And TheToast. And JingleHell, even though he can come off as a mean guy sometimes, he knows his shit.


I don't want my beautiful mouse thread to be green! Bleh.

I still don't know that this suggestion is entirely the correct answer to the problems in TS, but I do think something needs to be done.

On April 04 2012 07:56 JingleHell wrote:
I wouldn't highlight me, because I know some of my shit, and about half of my posts are either on debatable things or are attempts at helping troubleshoot, which is usually a process of trial and error, and I wouldn't want another person's suggestions to be ignored in favor of my own in those cases, as usually I throw my suggestions in there as complementary to what's already been suggested.

85% of what looks like some sort of knowledge from me is a combination of experience and analysis. The rest is just an ability to read and a willingness to broaden my knowledge.


This is sort of what doing Tech Support is....

I think it's far, far more better to be able to research things and understand new concepts easily than it is to just have a static knowledge of stuff. Especially in a real world IT environment, a wealth of knowledge on hardware is nice but doesn't help when someone calls up asking for help with some software you've never even heard of. Or when mac users call. :D

As some of my earlier (much earlier, jeeze what a bump) posts in this thread illustrate, I don't always agree with you or SkyR or everyone else on things. But that comes with the subject matter. There's always going to be a range of opinions on a subject like advising someone what CPU to purchase, or whether they should look at building their own PC. But you guys always provide accurate information, which is I think, really the most important thing.


I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 04 2012 00:53 GMT
#43
Eh, I still think I'd be a scary sort of person to have highlighted. I wouldn't want to look like my posts were somehow better inherently than someone who's weren't highlighted. I'm still shaky enough on a lot of stuff that somebody not checking a link posted to correct me on something could be a problem. Yes, it's on them if they don't check links that get posted, but still. The cases where I'm just plain stupid aren't as infrequent as I'd prefer for something like that.

Plus, it probably wouldn't do my ego any good from anyone else's perspective.
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
April 04 2012 15:06 GMT
#44
Id rather get help from a jerk with the background in tech support and experience than waste my time with a polite idiot.
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
September 01 2012 19:27 GMT
#45
Bumping the only decent idea I've ever had again
chroniX
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
517 Posts
September 03 2012 12:24 GMT
#46
Oh i didnt know this thread existed. I posted a blog about it myblog
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings30
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech97
SHIN 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1163
Hyuk 968
Bisu 873
Larva 630
Leta 162
EffOrt 122
Zeus 121
Sexy 120
Soma 107
Mini 103
[ Show more ]
PianO 93
Pusan 71
Last 54
ZerO 44
ToSsGirL 39
Killer 38
sorry 28
Bale 25
Hm[arnc] 21
Trap 20
yabsab 17
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Aegong 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 356
League of Legends
JimRising 333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1297
Other Games
gofns34365
singsing1706
crisheroes275
OGKoka 207
Mew2King126
ArmadaUGS63
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• LUISG 16
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7150
League of Legends
• Jankos1404
• Stunt901
Upcoming Events
Online Event
35m
FEL
5h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 35m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.