• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:26
CEST 06:26
KST 13:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8699 users

TL Mafia 2 [GG] - Page 204

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 349 Next
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
April 10 2008 20:49 GMT
#4061
I'm so glad Cheezinu died instead of me
lol, clueless in The Prism!
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
April 10 2008 20:51 GMT
#4062
Apperantly you're allowed to skip numbers and add things incorrectly to lynch people now. Add that to lynching people because they disagree with you, and we've got an awesome night post in the works :/
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
HeRoS)Pink
Profile Joined July 2005
Canada336 Posts
April 10 2008 20:53 GMT
#4063
On April 11 2008 05:48 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
He dodge three more nails flying at him and got out to the hallway
The number you skipped is staring you in the face. If you add the a nail being one, now the number is 15.

HE DODGED the 3 nails once again. same explanation as other number refused in the count
Addicted
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-10 20:59:07
April 10 2008 20:55 GMT
#4064
Seriously, getting all 4 detectives in 5 days cant be luck or chance.
Moonlight Shadow
HeRoS)Pink
Profile Joined July 2005
Canada336 Posts
April 10 2008 20:57 GMT
#4065
On April 11 2008 05:55 useLess wrote:
Seriously, getting all 4 medics in 5 days cant be luck or chance.

u probably mean detective
Addicted
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
April 10 2008 20:58 GMT
#4066
So let me get this straight. You're adding up the number values of the thrown objects which hit as they're written, but make exceptions for a (saying it counts as one) and for the 2x3 knives on the legs, by saying that they don't count because they weren't written out.


Wow. Case closed, you're retarded.

Again, go ahead and try to link cottonmouth, knives, throwing weapons, nails or any other action besides your retardedly contrived number invention. If they don't fit, I cant be cottonmouth.

Then again, you have animals cutting through power cables, so I'm not sure if you're trying to troll me. If so, well done.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
April 10 2008 20:59 GMT
#4067
On April 11 2008 05:57 HeRoS)Pink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2008 05:55 useLess wrote:
Seriously, getting all 4 medics in 5 days cant be luck or chance.

u probably mean detective


whoops, corrected. medic was in my head while i was reading about the suicide bomber's role
Moonlight Shadow
suresh0t
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States295 Posts
April 10 2008 21:05 GMT
#4068
No more detectives and a Jack on the fritz . I'm a little perplexed by the whole numbers thing and L as well. I can see how it would be a major clue if the facts lined up, but we can't just add numbers and leave numbers out when we feel like it.

I'm defending someone who is a suspect for the same clue as me...hmm I'm bad at this mafia strategy thing apparently.

But I see this as a stretch just the same as it being a clue against me as a stretch. If is mafia then I guess I will deserve a big "I Told You" from you guys.

suresh0t
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States295 Posts
April 10 2008 21:11 GMT
#4069
PS. I think anyone who votes should put their reasoning included with their vote or in this thread. No more I'm voting for ( "" ) because he upset me. I want to see real reasoning and concrete reasoning at that. You would think by now we would have learned not to go lynching people on loose clues that may not even add up.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 10 2008 21:15 GMT
#4070
On April 11 2008 05:55 useLess wrote:
Seriously, getting all 4 medics in 5 days cant be luck or chance.


13 townies with roles = dead
14 regular townies = dead

First Round:
odds of mafia killing a regular townie: ~78/110 = 71%
odds of mafia killing a roled townie: ~32/110 = 29%


(Ace killed a blue first night T_T):
odds of mafia killing a regular townie: ~78/109 = 72%
odds of mafia killing a roled townie: ~31/109 = 28%

After 2nd day(one of our vigis killed a dt, gj):
odds of mafia killing a regular townie: ~74/103 = 72%
odds of mafia killing a roled townie: ~29/103 = 28%

After 3rd day:
odds of mafia killing a regular townie: ~70/96 = 73%
odds of mafia killing a roled townie: ~26/96 = 27%

After 4th day:
odds of mafia killing a regular townie: ~67/90 = 74%
odds of mafia killing a roled townie: ~23/90 = 25%

After 5th day:
odds of mafia killing a regular townie: ~63/82 = 77%
odds of mafia killing a roled townie: ~19/82 = 23%
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-10 22:50:18
April 10 2008 22:45 GMT
#4071
On April 11 2008 04:27 Ace wrote:
Just because I don't tell YOU anything it doesn't mean I don't know what's going on.
No, but the fact that you've been wrong about many of the things you have told us seems to indicate that.
And since dead people can't post, I'm forever voting qrs to be lynched in the hopes that he dies and shuts the fuck up.

That pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it?

But I thought it over and you do have a point; there's not much gained by me bitching about your leadership. And although you've done pretty badly overall, I have no reason to think that I would have been any better. I edited out that second post of mine, and I won't bring the subject up again. I will shut the f--- up, in other words. (You can keep voting for me if you like: hopefully it won't affect whom we lynch.)

On the subject of L, I was convinced at first, but once I actually looked at the numbers, they don't seem to add up. As LTT pointed out, there are a lot more than 12 nails.
Edit: And if you're counting the nails that hit him, there are only 8.+ Show Spoiler +
Down the hall New104 was starting to get worried, rather he was starting to get a little thirsty himself. Empyrean was taking his time, he thought, so that must mean he's brewing a fresh pot. He got up to go get some coffee himself when he noticed five nails on the ground, he walked slowly over to them to investigate. As he was bending over to take a closer look Cottonmouth approached from behind and stabbed a nail into his back. He fell to the ground and Cottonmouth used the opportunity to stab six more nails into him. New104 was cringing in pain but he knew he had to defend himself, he started getting up but met gaze with a strange man on his way up. King Brown Snake slapped him back to the ground and started beating him as he lay there. New104 wasn't anywhere near dead at this point, but his adrenaline was flowing and he used the sudden surge in strength to knock King Brown Snake to the ground and get up himself. He dodge three more nails flying at him and got out to the hallway. Noticing a mafia walking down from the break room he started heading down the opposite direction to the armory. Cottonmouth was in the hallway now and was about to throw another nail at New104 when The Wolf interrupted him. "You just need to hit the right spot" he said as he threw the nail down the hallway, it landed square in the back of New104's head and he convulsed as he dropped to the ground, dying less then a minute later.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
April 10 2008 22:49 GMT
#4072
Hm, people voting for me I'm not mafia. I guarantee if I'm lynched it will be a waste, as I am a townie. Not sure how I could prove it now though.

I know I may not appear active, but I've been (mostly) reading this whole thread as it's come up. Also voted every day (well, I abstained last day).

So, this is the clue that makes people think I'm mafia?

Rebar, a portmanteau for reinforcing bar or reinforcement bar, is common steel bar, is commonly used in reinforced concrete and reinforced masonry structures. It is usually formed from carbon steel, and is given ridges for better frictional adhesion to the concrete. It can also be described as reinforcement or reinforcing steel. In Australia it is colloquially known as reo.

SoleSteeler.......

edit: As for bolding carbon, I thought that might point to useless, since his profile says that his favorite book is organic chem, which deals with the studies of chemical processes in carbon-based matter (organic = made of carbon).


The steel part fits I guess, but there's no "sole" here. I highly suggest people not vote based on one part of my name. Even then, steeler is not steel. Steel bar is a long shot

LTT
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Shakuras1095 Posts
April 10 2008 22:57 GMT
#4073
On April 11 2008 07:45 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2008 04:27 Ace wrote:
Just because I don't tell YOU anything it doesn't mean I don't know what's going on.
No, but the fact that you've been wrong about many of the things you have told us seems to indicate that.
Show nested quote +
And since dead people can't post, I'm forever voting qrs to be lynched in the hopes that he dies and shuts the fuck up.

That pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it?

But I thought it over and you do have a point; there's not much gained by me bitching about your leadership. And although you've done pretty badly overall, I have no reason to think that I would have been any better. I edited out that second post of mine, and I won't bring the subject up again. I will shut the f--- up, in other words. (You can keep voting for me if you like: hopefully it won't affect whom we lynch.)

On the subject of L, I was convinced at first, but once I actually looked at the numbers, they don't seem to add up. As LTT pointed out, there are a lot more than 12 nails.
Edit: And if you're counting the nails that hit him, there are only 8.+ Show Spoiler +
Down the hall New104 was starting to get worried, rather he was starting to get a little thirsty himself. Empyrean was taking his time, he thought, so that must mean he's brewing a fresh pot. He got up to go get some coffee himself when he noticed five nails on the ground, he walked slowly over to them to investigate. As he was bending over to take a closer look Cottonmouth approached from behind and stabbed a nail into his back. He fell to the ground and Cottonmouth used the opportunity to stab six more nails into him. New104 was cringing in pain but he knew he had to defend himself, he started getting up but met gaze with a strange man on his way up. King Brown Snake slapped him back to the ground and started beating him as he lay there. New104 wasn't anywhere near dead at this point, but his adrenaline was flowing and he used the sudden surge in strength to knock King Brown Snake to the ground and get up himself. He dodge three more nails flying at him and got out to the hallway. Noticing a mafia walking down from the break room he started heading down the opposite direction to the armory. Cottonmouth was in the hallway now and was about to throw another nail at New104 when The Wolf interrupted him. "You just need to hit the right spot" he said as he threw the nail down the hallway, it landed square in the back of New104's head and he convulsed as he dropped to the ground, dying less then a minute later.


That's a good point. If you are going to discount the 3 he dodged you have to also discount the 5 that are just laying around.

This is the set of rules that Chuiu would need to be following to make 12 a clue.

1.) Only count explicitly numbered knives/nails.
      a.) Exception - a is a number
      b.) Clarification - it is not a number
2.) Only count knives/nails that hit the target.
      a.) Even if they are explicitly numbered, they don't count.
      b.) Exception - Count knives/nails that are just laying around, only discount ones attempted to hit the target but failed
3.) If 6 knives are placed in the legs but I don't write "3 in the left leg and 3 in the right leg" instead choosing to write "3 in each leg", only 3 of the knives count.

It is a little absurd at this point.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 10 2008 23:05 GMT
#4074
All of these seem like long shots

once again, Im going to suggest general stan is mafia
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
April 10 2008 23:09 GMT
#4075
Well I apologize to Caller...As I thought he was mafia...but turned out to be a BG...

And...I'm not confirmed innocent no more...But...I am Townie...

And I'm very curious as to how people come out of hiding when they are accused of being mafia...
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-10 23:24:37
April 10 2008 23:15 GMT
#4076
On April 09 2008 11:09 fusionsdf wrote:
also

Main Entry: bay
Part of Speech: noun 1
Definition: water
Synonyms: anchorage, arm, back harbor, basin, bayou, bight, cove, estuary, fiord, firth, gulf, harbor, inlet, lagoon, loch, mouth, narrows, sound, strait

----
Line 15 : [2,8]Mr. Blonde had braced himself on the ceiling and swooped down from above diving strait into Mynock.
Line 65 : [4,33]An easy kill, thought Queasy, as he pulled out a knife and stabbed Showtime! strait through the heart. But that wasn't the end of it.

---

funny how chuiu keeps making that typo huh?

---

Line 99 : [2,50]Yogurt was just getting started as he approached Black Mamba and Eddie.
Quote : We are the Swarm, and we are becoming much, much more...for the final metamorphosis has only. Just. Begun. Art.ShaLLoW

--
shallow? hmm.... low? ground?

---





Shallow....This is pretty damning in my opinion...I imagine Chuiu knows how to spell straight...
Edit:
Confirmation on you knowing how to spell straight Chuiu?

I still say vote for GeneralStan.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
April 10 2008 23:20 GMT
#4077
Good call Opz
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-10 23:23:09
April 10 2008 23:21 GMT
#4078
On April 11 2008 05:49 fusionsdf wrote:
this whole number thing seems like a pretty fucking big leap to make



I believe Fusion...

I think his suspect list (edit) and clue interpretations (/edit) should be reposted...People need to see it...I will be voting for General Stan...

But Fusion why are you voting for Ace?
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 10 2008 23:21 GMT
#4079
Sup guys, I got roleblocked.
Since all mafia already know it I mind as well let all townies know as well. Obviously, I'm not going into detail on if I actually have a role or not.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-10 23:33:33
April 10 2008 23:31 GMT
#4080
On April 11 2008 08:15 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 11:09 fusionsdf wrote:
also

Main Entry: bay
Part of Speech: noun 1
Definition: water
Synonyms: anchorage, arm, back harbor, basin, bayou, bight, cove, estuary, fiord, firth, gulf, harbor, inlet, lagoon, loch, mouth, narrows, sound, strait

----
Line 15 : [2,8]Mr. Blonde had braced himself on the ceiling and swooped down from above diving strait into Mynock.
Line 65 : [4,33]An easy kill, thought Queasy, as he pulled out a knife and stabbed Showtime! strait through the heart. But that wasn't the end of it.

---

funny how chuiu keeps making that typo huh?

---

Line 99 : [2,50]Yogurt was just getting started as he approached Black Mamba and Eddie.
Quote : We are the Swarm, and we are becoming much, much more...for the final metamorphosis has only. Just. Begun. Art.ShaLLoW

--
shallow? hmm.... low? ground?

---





Shallow....This is pretty damning in my opinion...I imagine Chuiu knows how to spell straight...
Edit:
Confirmation on you knowing how to spell straight Chuiu?

I still say vote for GeneralStan.


Are you kidding me?

Queasy is referred to in the clue about "strait to the heart", as he's the one doing it. He's dead and thus it can't refer to me.

Yogurt was just getting started? Yogurt was a townie before he died; a Mad Hatter to be precise.

Three different people, one a towny, one a confirmed mafioso, both of these two already dead.

Yup, damning indeed.

EDIT: What's this 12 clue anyways that's causing such a fuss?
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 349 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4594
Leta 1831
ViBE126
Bale 50
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Other Games
summit1g8565
WinterStarcraft519
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota250
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Lourlo975
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 34m
Patches Events
10h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 34m
OSC
18h 34m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.