• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:07
CEST 15:07
KST 22:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11882 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 100

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 140 Next
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-19 12:35:37
October 19 2011 12:35 GMT
#1981
17. Nxd2

+ Show Spoiler +
Pretty much the only move here, I don't see Bxd2 is good by droping our b pawn.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Mash2
Profile Joined February 2011
United States132 Posts
October 19 2011 13:06 GMT
#1982
Nxd2

I love the idea of starting another game.

I would absolutely be in for doing another one vs Ng5, but I also think it would be really cool to do one vs the computer as has been suggested. I really appreciate the analysis that we've been getting from everyone in this thread and I'm learning a lot just from this game. Having said that, I'd love to go through a game vs a very hard computer with Ng5 participating in our analysis. I think that would be a very interesting experience to say the least.
"Quite often the flood of history is undammed or diverted by the character and actions of one man." - Pat Frank, "Alas, Babylon"
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-19 13:08:41
October 19 2011 13:06 GMT
#1983
Move 17 votes

+ Show Spoiler [votes] +
17. Nxd2: 10 (jdseemoreglass, Cloud9157, EnderSword, mastergriggy, hp.Shell, itsjustatank, Malinor, Malli, chesshaha, Mash2)
17. Bxd2: 1 (qrs)
+ Show Spoiler +
I don't actually advocate 17. Bxd2; I just don't want the vote closed early.
+ Show Spoiler [bar graph] +
[image loading]
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
October 19 2011 13:41 GMT
#1984
17. Nxd2

Maybe Ng5 can do a simul against all of us if it doesnt kill him ;]
:)
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 19 2011 14:30 GMT
#1985
Thoughts about our position:
+ Show Spoiler [general] +
Overall, I think that 16...Nxd2 really contributed to solving our problems in this position:
  • Powerful Black Knight on e4 presenting us with various threats on many lines--can't capture it without giving ourselves a new set of problems after ...dxe4
  • Awkward White Knight on d2 cramping our position in all kinds of ways--nowhere good to move it to: f3 would be a nice possibility in theory if it weren't occupied by a different Knight...
  • Black has the Bishop pair
Black did gain a bit of initiative by being the one to exchange Knights, and he still has the Bishop pair on an increasingly open board, but overall, I think that this benefitted us more than Ng5.

One particular thing that we've gained, in my opinion, is that we no longer need to worry about ...c5. With Black's Knight gone, the last hurdle to responding dxc5 is gone too: Black can still play ...Bxc5 to put his Bishop in a decent location, but without the e4 Knight to threaten ...Bxf2+, that move is much less dangerous to us. We can afford to allow it.

Meanwhile, ...c5 dxc5 has advantages for us as well:
  • It gets rid of our isolated pawn
  • and saddles Black with one in its stead.
  • It helps us play b4 with tempo.

See below for a bit of analysis on the above.

Specific analysis:
Mastergriggy posted quite a bit of analysis on the previous page which is worth looking at. I haven't yet had a chance myself to look at all of it, and probably won't for a couple of days, but here's my response to a couple of his lines:

On October 19 2011 14:03 mastergriggy wrote:
Okay serious analysis time:

+ Show Spoiler +
I kinda want to throw out some ideas about where we go from here. As far as I can tell, black will probably play one of these moves: Rhg8, c5, Ba6, or Rhe8.

+ Show Spoiler [17...c5] +
Personally I worry about what our response after c5 is the most.

[image loading]
....
+ Show Spoiler [18. dxc5] +

[image loading]

The main line is 18. dxc5 Bxc5, then we have a couple of different choices.

Although we can play 19. b4 here, it might not end up being the best move. 19. b4 Bd4 20. Rb1 Rhe8 doesn't look very good for white (alternatively 20...Bc3 also looks pretty bad for white).
+ Show Spoiler [Diagram] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
Perhaps you'll change my mind on this, but I like the look of White after the 19. b4 lines. Here's a bit of analysis:
18. dxc5 Bxc5 19. b4 Bd4 20. Rb1
Rhe8
(the move you give as "doesn't look very good for white")
21. Rxe8 (eliminating the threat of ...Rxe1+, simplifying the game [good for us, as we are a pawn up].)
21...Kxe8 (forced, or Black drops a piece)
22. Bb2 (forcing the exchange of Bishops, as the d4 Bishop is pinned to the f6 pawn. [Note that the tactic 22...Bf5 fails to 23. Re1+ Be5 f4, winning the pinned Bishop. Similarly, 22...Be5 is ruled out by 23. Re1, exploiting the pin to win a pawn.])
22...Bxb2 (forced, as above.)
23. Rxb2, bringing us to the following position:
Final position (in PGN viewer)

I think this position is quite good for us. We have traded off a Rook and a Bishop, bringing us to an endgame where we maintain our one-pawn advantage. Furthermore, we have eliminated Black's dangerous Bishop pair, probably the last real advantage that he had over us in this position. Finally, Black's pawn structure consists of 4 isolated pawns, whereas our pawns are clustered in groups of 3 and 2, making them much more defensible. All of these are advantages for us.

Black can play ...a5 if he likes, especially since the b4 pawn is temporarily pinned to the b2 Rook, but without the dark-squared Bishop to contribute to the pressure on the pawn, we can just shrug that off and wait for Black to exchange if he so chooses. There's no threat there.

I don't have time to address 20...Bc3 at length just now, and perhaps it really is more problematic for us (the main threat seems to be ...a5 before we have a chance to properly deal with it), but at first look, 21. Re3 (21... d4 22. Rf3) seems like it a pretty good response. (Again, we see how the weakness of Black's isolated pawns is beginning to hamper him.)
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
October 19 2011 14:34 GMT
#1986
Only one move makes sense.

17. Nxd2
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
October 19 2011 14:45 GMT
#1987
On October 19 2011 20:23 qrs wrote:
Wow, jdseemoreglass correctly predicted Ng5's move again. You're on a roll, jd! Alas, that makes my spending 3/4 of yesterday analyzing 16...Bb7 irrelevant, but such is correspondence chess.


Yes, I've been getting lucky with my predictions

I guess I will make my next prediction now:

+ Show Spoiler +

After Nxd2, I think black's best and most obvious move is 17. ... a5. This restrains our b-pawn, allows black to develop his bishop BEHIND the pawn, Ba6.

I've been looking at both Nb1 and Nf1, but I'm still leaning towards the move b3. We simply need to untangle our pieces, get our bishop off the back rank, and connect our rooks, even if it means a temporarily passive knight. Otherwise our bishop will be tied down to defense of the b-pawn, and our rook will still be trapped in the corner.

I'd much rather have a defensive knight in a decent position than a passive rook and bishop in the corner.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
keyStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada316 Posts
October 19 2011 16:14 GMT
#1988
let`s start a new game as well :D

17.Nxd2
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-19 17:29:29
October 19 2011 16:59 GMT
#1989
On October 19 2011 23:30 qrs wrote:
Thoughts about our position:
+ Show Spoiler [general] +
Overall, I think that 16...Nxd2 really contributed to solving our problems in this position:
  • Powerful Black Knight on e4 presenting us with various threats on many lines--can't capture it without giving ourselves a new set of problems after ...dxe4
  • Awkward White Knight on d2 cramping our position in all kinds of ways--nowhere good to move it to: f3 would be a nice possibility in theory if it weren't occupied by a different Knight...
  • Black has the Bishop pair
Black did gain a bit of initiative by being the one to exchange Knights, and he still has the Bishop pair on an increasingly open board, but overall, I think that this benefitted us more than Ng5.

One particular thing that we've gained, in my opinion, is that we no longer need to worry about ...c5. With Black's Knight gone, the last hurdle to responding dxc5 is gone too: Black can still play ...Bxc5 to put his Bishop in a decent location, but without the e4 Knight to threaten ...Bxf2+, that move is much less dangerous to us. We can afford to allow it.

Meanwhile, ...c5 dxc5 has advantages for us as well:
  • It gets rid of our isolated pawn
  • and saddles Black with one in its stead.
  • It helps us play b4 with tempo.

See below for a bit of analysis on the above.

Specific analysis:
Mastergriggy posted quite a bit of analysis on the previous page which is worth looking at. I haven't yet had a chance myself to look at all of it, and probably won't for a couple of days, but here's my response to a couple of his lines:

Show nested quote +
On October 19 2011 14:03 mastergriggy wrote:
Okay serious analysis time:

+ Show Spoiler +
I kinda want to throw out some ideas about where we go from here. As far as I can tell, black will probably play one of these moves: Rhg8, c5, Ba6, or Rhe8.

+ Show Spoiler [17...c5] +
Personally I worry about what our response after c5 is the most.

[image loading]
....
+ Show Spoiler [18. dxc5] +

[image loading]

The main line is 18. dxc5 Bxc5, then we have a couple of different choices.

Although we can play 19. b4 here, it might not end up being the best move. 19. b4 Bd4 20. Rb1 Rhe8 doesn't look very good for white (alternatively 20...Bc3 also looks pretty bad for white).
+ Show Spoiler [Diagram] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
Perhaps you'll change my mind on this, but I like the look of White after the 19. b4 lines. Here's a bit of analysis:
18. dxc5 Bxc5 19. b4 Bd4 20. Rb1
Rhe8
(the move you give as "doesn't look very good for white")
21. Rxe8 (eliminating the threat of ...Rxe1+, simplifying the game [good for us, as we are a pawn up].)
21...Kxe8 (forced, or Black drops a piece)
22. Bb2 (forcing the exchange of Bishops, as the d4 Bishop is pinned to the f6 pawn. [Note that the tactic 22...Bf5 fails to 23. Re1+ Be5 f4, winning the pinned Bishop. Similarly, 22...Be5 is ruled out by 23. Re1, exploiting the pin to win a pawn.])
22...Bxb2 (forced, as above.)
23. Rxb2, bringing us to the following position:
Final position (in PGN viewer)

I think this position is quite good for us. We have traded off a Rook and a Bishop, bringing us to an endgame where we maintain our one-pawn advantage. Furthermore, we have eliminated Black's dangerous Bishop pair, probably the last real advantage that he had over us in this position. Finally, Black's pawn structure consists of 4 isolated pawns, whereas our pawns are clustered in groups of 3 and 2, making them much more defensible. All of these are advantages for us.

Black can play ...a5 if he likes, especially since the b4 pawn is temporarily pinned to the b2 Rook, but without the dark-squared Bishop to contribute to the pressure on the pawn, we can just shrug that off and wait for Black to exchange if he so chooses. There's no threat there.

I don't have time to address 20...Bc3 at length just now, and perhaps it really is more problematic for us (the main threat seems to be ...a5 before we have a chance to properly deal with it), but at first look, 21. Re3 (21... d4 22. Rf3) seems like it a pretty good response. (Again, we see how the weakness of Black's isolated pawns is beginning to hamper him.)



+ Show Spoiler +
I do see the point you make for why 19. b4 might be strong, my rationale as to why I am against it is because it gives black a much stronger end game than he deserves (maybe it's our best path in the end game). Although white has the pawn up, black has some fundamentally stronger positional notes:

(Note I am going off your pgn viewer position, as I can't upload any pictures at university)
1. Bishop vs. Knight end game favors Bishops if there are pawns on both sides of the board, and the two pieces are closer to equal when pawns are on only one side. In other words, it's going to be very difficult for white to force anything to happen with his pawns. The best chance he has is on the kingside (the a and b pawns really aren't going to get anywhere even if you push them).

2. Even though black's pawns are more isolated than whites, black does have a passed pawn. This will become an even bigger factor the more pieces we trade down (not so much pawns, the opposite in fact). We need to find a way to slow it down once it starts moving (basic moves like moving the king in front).

3. Black seems to be able to mobilize faster than white can, ie 23...Bf4 24. Nb3 Ke7 25. Rd2 Ke6 and black has his king in the center and will activate his rook next turn, where white's king is way in the back.

That's basically why I didn't like the position too much, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of lines out there where white can win an extra pawn due to the bad pawn structure, and that would definitely be enough to justify the position.


2nd edit Also + Show Spoiler +
I totally forgot about a5 for black lol I love missing moves XD


3rd edit + Show Spoiler +
My initial reaction to 17. a5 is that we could play Re3 (to prevent Rb3), Nf3, b3, and Bb2 to clean up our position a bit. At least those are the moves I'd like to play over the next four turns but I don't think black will be okay with that.

I kinda want to see what we can make out of 18. Re3 and 19. Rc3. I do think that we need to play b3 sooner than later if black plays a5.

One of the other things that I'm thinking after Re3 is that it's very hard for black to stop Nb3-c5. For instance if black plays 18...Bd6 19. Nb3 a4 20. Nc5+ we force that pesky Bishop off or if he plays 18...a4 immediately, we respond with 19. b3 c5 (19...axb3 Nxb3 and Nc5+ gives us an outside passed pawn with a nice knight) 20. dxc5 Bxc5 21. Rd3 Ba6 22. Rxd5+ Kc6 23. Rxc5+ Kxc5 was a very interesting line which would make for an interesting end game.

I can't get the editor to work so just copy and paste this + Show Spoiler +
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Bc5 4. c3 Nf6 5. d4 exd4 6. e5 Ne4 7. cxd4 Bb4 8. Nbd2 d5 9. Bxc6 bxc6 10. Qa4 Rb8 11. Qxc6 Qd7 12. Qxd7 Kxd7 13. a3 Be7 14. O-O f5 15. exf6 gxf6 16. Re1 Nxd2 17. Nxd2 a5 18. Re3 a4 19. b3 c5 20. dxc5 Bxc5 21. Rd3 Ba6 22. Rxd5 Kc6 23. Rxc5 Kxc5
here

I realize that this edit is a lot of random thoughts on the matter, but I wanted to express them before I forget them so I can look more into them later.

Write your own song!
EvilNalu
Profile Joined May 2010
United States91 Posts
October 19 2011 18:01 GMT
#1990
On October 19 2011 23:30 qrs wrote:
Thoughts about our position:
+ Show Spoiler [general] +
Overall, I think that 16...Nxd2 really contributed to solving our problems in this position:
  • Powerful Black Knight on e4 presenting us with various threats on many lines--can't capture it without giving ourselves a new set of problems after ...dxe4
  • Awkward White Knight on d2 cramping our position in all kinds of ways--nowhere good to move it to: f3 would be a nice possibility in theory if it weren't occupied by a different Knight...
  • Black has the Bishop pair
Black did gain a bit of initiative by being the one to exchange Knights, and he still has the Bishop pair on an increasingly open board, but overall, I think that this benefitted us more than Ng5.

One particular thing that we've gained, in my opinion, is that we no longer need to worry about ...c5. With Black's Knight gone, the last hurdle to responding dxc5 is gone too: Black can still play ...Bxc5 to put his Bishop in a decent location, but without the e4 Knight to threaten ...Bxf2+, that move is much less dangerous to us. We can afford to allow it.

Meanwhile, ...c5 dxc5 has advantages for us as well:
  • It gets rid of our isolated pawn
  • and saddles Black with one in its stead.
  • It helps us play b4 with tempo.

See below for a bit of analysis on the above.

Specific analysis:
Mastergriggy posted quite a bit of analysis on the previous page which is worth looking at. I haven't yet had a chance myself to look at all of it, and probably won't for a couple of days, but here's my response to a couple of his lines:

Show nested quote +
On October 19 2011 14:03 mastergriggy wrote:
Okay serious analysis time:

+ Show Spoiler +
I kinda want to throw out some ideas about where we go from here. As far as I can tell, black will probably play one of these moves: Rhg8, c5, Ba6, or Rhe8.

+ Show Spoiler [17...c5] +
Personally I worry about what our response after c5 is the most.

[image loading]
....
+ Show Spoiler [18. dxc5] +

[image loading]

The main line is 18. dxc5 Bxc5, then we have a couple of different choices.

Although we can play 19. b4 here, it might not end up being the best move. 19. b4 Bd4 20. Rb1 Rhe8 doesn't look very good for white (alternatively 20...Bc3 also looks pretty bad for white).
+ Show Spoiler [Diagram] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
Perhaps you'll change my mind on this, but I like the look of White after the 19. b4 lines. Here's a bit of analysis:
18. dxc5 Bxc5 19. b4 Bd4 20. Rb1
Rhe8
(the move you give as "doesn't look very good for white")
21. Rxe8 (eliminating the threat of ...Rxe1+, simplifying the game [good for us, as we are a pawn up].)
21...Kxe8 (forced, or Black drops a piece)
22. Bb2 (forcing the exchange of Bishops, as the d4 Bishop is pinned to the f6 pawn. [Note that the tactic 22...Bf5 fails to 23. Re1+ Be5 f4, winning the pinned Bishop. Similarly, 22...Be5 is ruled out by 23. Re1, exploiting the pin to win a pawn.])
22...Bxb2 (forced, as above.)
23. Rxb2, bringing us to the following position:
Final position (in PGN viewer)

I think this position is quite good for us. We have traded off a Rook and a Bishop, bringing us to an endgame where we maintain our one-pawn advantage. Furthermore, we have eliminated Black's dangerous Bishop pair, probably the last real advantage that he had over us in this position. Finally, Black's pawn structure consists of 4 isolated pawns, whereas our pawns are clustered in groups of 3 and 2, making them much more defensible. All of these are advantages for us.

Black can play ...a5 if he likes, especially since the b4 pawn is temporarily pinned to the b2 Rook, but without the dark-squared Bishop to contribute to the pressure on the pawn, we can just shrug that off and wait for Black to exchange if he so chooses. There's no threat there.

I don't have time to address 20...Bc3 at length just now, and perhaps it really is more problematic for us (the main threat seems to be ...a5 before we have a chance to properly deal with it), but at first look, 21. Re3 (21... d4 22. Rf3) seems like it a pretty good response. (Again, we see how the weakness of Black's isolated pawns is beginning to hamper him.)



+ Show Spoiler +
I just don't think 17...c5 works out for the reasons you mentioned. 18.dxc5 Bxc5 19.b4 Bd4 20.Rd1 Bc3 is met by 21.Rd1 and black won't have time to play a5. 20...Re8 21.Rxe8 Kxe8 22.Bb2 as you explained isn't great for black either.

I don't think the 17...Rg8 or Re8 moves are particularly threatening for white either. After 17...Re8 (seems the more threatening of the two) 18.b3 Bd6 19.Rxe8 Kxe8 20.g3 (to prevent Bf4) I don't see how black stops white from proceeding with this plan to play Bb2 and then activate his rook. Looks OK for white - black still has the two bishops, but white is improving his position slowly.

That's why I think black will play 17...a5, where we can proceed with 18.b3 Ba6 19.Bb2 a4 20.b4 Bd6, where black's two bishops are strong and white's bishop is terrible. However, white is beginning to finally untangle and his bishop may eventually see the light of day along the c1-h6 diagonal. I think this position is close to equal.


I'm voting for 17.Nxd2

If you guys want to do the man/machine game I would volunteer to be the computer operator. I don't like playing against computers but I am into computer chess and have plenty of engines/books, etc. I think it would only work if the person operating the computer was not himself a player.
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
October 19 2011 19:42 GMT
#1991
100th page.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
October 19 2011 21:15 GMT
#1992
Haha. Yes. 100th.

And I think my next move wouldn't be so extreme to find out because I talked about what would happen after Nxd2 a few pages ago.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
October 19 2011 22:12 GMT
#1993
I was actually thinking about a forum-based simul, too.

After all last time one guy used an engine even during the ICC simul, so it doesn't really save us from anything if we move over there.
dtvu
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia687 Posts
October 19 2011 23:42 GMT
#1994
17. Nxd2
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
October 20 2011 03:48 GMT
#1995
17. Nxd2 Pretty much going to be this lol.
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
October 20 2011 04:17 GMT
#1996
17. Nxd2 the obvious =/
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
A-tan
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6 Posts
October 20 2011 04:50 GMT
#1997
My vote 17. Nxd2.

Since this is the only best move for white. Bxd2 just gives the advantage to black.
wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
October 20 2011 09:09 GMT
#1998
17. Nxd2
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
lightman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States731 Posts
October 20 2011 18:14 GMT
#1999
17. Nxd2

About the next move, first of all great analysis from qrs and master again.

+ Show Spoiler +
His next move, I agree with jd. It can either be 17.... a5 or ....c5, at least if I was black I those would be my choices, with slight preference to ...c5. Both ...Rg8 and Rb8 are bold, but somehow I sense they don't fall into the pattern of how Ng5 has been playing so far.

Which would bring us to master's analysis in which we can 18. Nf3 cxd4 19. Nxd4 Bc5 20. Nf5..... and right there we have to wait for his move, as there are several options he has available.

I also still have b4 on my mind, because it's the immediate response if the bishop is developed via ....Ba6. Either way I would keep give preference to focus on the king side and other variants that can threaten a potential exchange in about 4 or 5 moves.


About another match: I would prefer to play another person; I would volunteer but I'm a bit busy these days. I also think that we have enough people to do something like a 1 week tournament (check the past threads for reference). We can do something like 1/0 or 1/1 first rounds, then 5/0 on quarters, semis and 10/0 finals

I wouldn't Random Chess or play against a machine.
Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 WSOP holding just a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, and a green #4 card from the game UNO, against an AAA KK flop and his rival folding AK after Chuck raised him ALL-IN
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
October 20 2011 18:45 GMT
#2000
17. Nxd2

Regarding the question: Another game would be good, maybe some xianqi?? :D
133 221 333 123 111
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings113
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko348
SHIN 232
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40831
Bisu 2100
Shuttle 1916
Hyuk 1679
Larva 415
EffOrt 412
Soma 395
Mini 352
ZerO 286
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 122
Leta 87
hero 82
Zeus 72
Pusan 62
Killer 48
Hm[arnc] 47
Hyun 47
Sexy 45
Trap 45
Bale 40
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 27
PianO 25
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Rock 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4550
qojqva1543
Dendi952
XcaliburYe355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor794
crisheroes679
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
gofns39910
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1184
Happy324
DeMusliM259
Livibee137
Mew2King99
Liquid`VortiX63
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9843
League of Legends
• Jankos1674
Other Games
• WagamamaTV222
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 53m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 53m
INu's Battles
22h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.