• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10272 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1120

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 30 2012 10:03 GMT
#22381
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:16 iamperfection wrote:
On May 29 2012 17:02 nohbrows wrote:
On May 29 2012 14:38 solidbebe wrote:
[quote]

rofl when I saw that name I actually got the suspicion he was a PBU, it's really a PBU name imo.


Just a question. If you get permabanned, and then come back maybe years later after learning from your mistakes and maybe growing to become a better person, will you still get banned for being a PBU?

And first time posting in ABL thread! Finally worked up the courage after months of lurking.

There are a lot of pbu that are regular users. I could be one you could be one hell everyone in this thread coulde be one.

They are among us.


Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.


I think you have a vested interest in this turdburgler lol.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
May 30 2012 11:15 GMT
#22382
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:16 iamperfection wrote:
On May 29 2012 17:02 nohbrows wrote:
On May 29 2012 14:38 solidbebe wrote:
[quote]

rofl when I saw that name I actually got the suspicion he was a PBU, it's really a PBU name imo.


Just a question. If you get permabanned, and then come back maybe years later after learning from your mistakes and maybe growing to become a better person, will you still get banned for being a PBU?

And first time posting in ABL thread! Finally worked up the courage after months of lurking.

There are a lot of pbu that are regular users. I could be one you could be one hell everyone in this thread coulde be one.

They are among us.


Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

As long as you don't post in every thread about how burgling turds has proven to be the solution to every imaginable problem, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
The frumious Bandersnatch
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
May 30 2012 12:23 GMT
#22383
On May 30 2012 20:15 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:16 iamperfection wrote:
On May 29 2012 17:02 nohbrows wrote:
[quote]

Just a question. If you get permabanned, and then come back maybe years later after learning from your mistakes and maybe growing to become a better person, will you still get banned for being a PBU?

And first time posting in ABL thread! Finally worked up the courage after months of lurking.

There are a lot of pbu that are regular users. I could be one you could be one hell everyone in this thread coulde be one.

They are among us.


Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

As long as you don't post in every thread about how burgling turds has proven to be the solution to every imaginable problem, I don't think you have anything to worry about.


I understand his concern though, to some, turdburgler could seem like a really shitty name.

Uh, bans! Quick!

FakeSteve[TPR] was just Temp banned for 2 weeks by uhjoo.

That account was created on 2003-07-20 07:14:56 and had 8825 posts.

mitsy was just banned by uhjoo.

That account was created on 2005-10-02 17:48:33 and had 1792 posts.


(first ever legitimate ban with a ban reason included
CultureMisfits was just Temp banned for 2 weeks by Manifesto7.

That account was created on 2004-02-04 17:01:35 and had 1078 posts.

Reason: Trolling in the ICCUP thread, where I SPECIFICALLY SAID NOT TO.
memes are a dish best served dank
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 30 2012 14:52 GMT
#22384
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:16 iamperfection wrote:
On May 29 2012 17:02 nohbrows wrote:
On May 29 2012 14:38 solidbebe wrote:
[quote]

rofl when I saw that name I actually got the suspicion he was a PBU, it's really a PBU name imo.


Just a question. If you get permabanned, and then come back maybe years later after learning from your mistakes and maybe growing to become a better person, will you still get banned for being a PBU?

And first time posting in ABL thread! Finally worked up the courage after months of lurking.

There are a lot of pbu that are regular users. I could be one you could be one hell everyone in this thread coulde be one.

They are among us.


Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

Or it could be surprisingly accurate.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
CyDe
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1010 Posts
May 30 2012 15:03 GMT
#22385
On May 30 2012 23:52 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:16 iamperfection wrote:
On May 29 2012 17:02 nohbrows wrote:
[quote]

Just a question. If you get permabanned, and then come back maybe years later after learning from your mistakes and maybe growing to become a better person, will you still get banned for being a PBU?

And first time posting in ABL thread! Finally worked up the courage after months of lurking.

There are a lot of pbu that are regular users. I could be one you could be one hell everyone in this thread coulde be one.

They are among us.


Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

Or it could be surprisingly accurate.

Or totally nonsensical.
youtube.com/GamingCyDe-- My totally abandoned youtube channel that I might revisit at some point
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
May 30 2012 15:35 GMT
#22386
On May 31 2012 00:03 CyDe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 23:52 iamperfection wrote:
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:16 iamperfection wrote:
[quote]
There are a lot of pbu that are regular users. I could be one you could be one hell everyone in this thread coulde be one.

They are among us.


Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

Or it could be surprisingly accurate.

Or totally nonsensical.

Or incredibly delicious.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 30 2012 15:41 GMT
#22387
On May 31 2012 00:35 Chocolate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 00:03 CyDe wrote:
On May 30 2012 23:52 iamperfection wrote:
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:31 solidbebe wrote:
[quote]

Yep, I even remember a thread about this dude that had been banned 8 years ago and had all that time lurked TL, then finally tried to remake an account. The OP was banned again, at least it seemed that way, but it was just Hotbid troll.

Btw I cant figure out if jesusoursaviour is now a troll or not. Is he really that obsessed with jesus or is he just some random bored dude that doesnt have anything else to do?

As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

Or it could be surprisingly accurate.

Or totally nonsensical.

Or incredibly delicious.


Or festively psychotic.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
May 30 2012 15:50 GMT
#22388
On May 31 2012 00:41 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 00:35 Chocolate wrote:
On May 31 2012 00:03 CyDe wrote:
On May 30 2012 23:52 iamperfection wrote:
On May 30 2012 19:00 turdburgler wrote:
On May 30 2012 06:17 Falling wrote:
On May 30 2012 02:25 andrewlt wrote:
On May 30 2012 01:26 TheToast wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:38 CyDe wrote:
On May 29 2012 23:32 OpticalShot wrote:
[quote]
As far as I know he's been pretty consistent with his preachings here. I'd like to believe that he's for real and believes in what he says, but if he's an elaborate troll, he's a pretty good one.

I mean, he is not totally consistent. Sometimes he does these long elaborate rants quoting scripture etc, but other times he just acts like a normal dude. The fact that everything even remotely associated with his account has to do with Jesus, besides a lot of the posts, just shows me it is someone kidding around. I mean. I hope it is, because... what the hell. Who spends that much time thinking about a historical figure. Seriously.

Plus in one of his very early posts he claims his favorite movie is District 9, which would be odd for someone so religious. If you haven't seen it already, they say "fuck" like 300 times, "cunt" 3 times, and multiple people literally explode onto the camera lens. Fuckin' great movie, but I wouldn't guess someone so religious would like it.

EDIT: All that being said, I am quite happy to see that ban. Taking advantage of a tragedy to preach religion is one of the things that pisses me off most in the world.


So, people who believe in a higher power can't watch a movie with swearing? huh? Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're some kind of ultra-social conservative luddite.

Also, pretty sure for the fathful Jesus/Muhammad/Buddah/Moses are just a little more important than "historical figures". lol


Last I remember from surveys, the vast majority of Americans are still Christian. Most are normal. Somebody who creates a username like that and posts like that is not normal. I'd argue that somebody that preachy has to be an ultra-social conservative luddite.

Surveys are interesting things though. There was an interesting one that looked at specific cities to see if attendance actually matched what people put on their surveys. What they found in UK, US and Canada is that you can pretty much the number in half of people that say they attend on a weekly basis. And amongst millenials (Born in the 80's after), around +60% of churched kids leave the church upon graduation. But I would be cautious in over analyzing a person by their username.


ye lets stop trying to analyse people based purely on their username, it could be very misleading.

Or it could be surprisingly accurate.

Or totally nonsensical.

Or incredibly delicious.


Or festively psychotic.


Or frivolously prevalent.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 16:13:25
May 30 2012 16:11 GMT
#22389
Too much mod praising lately......even if it's sarcastic. Time for a 180 degree turn.

JesusOurSaviour was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2011-01-18 11:51:16 and had 1141 posts.

Reason: I have explicitly warned you against dragging Jesus into random discussions. We get that you love Jesus, that's great, but your preaching is both off topic and somewhat tasteless in the face of a massacre of children.
History suggests that Jesus tends not to physically intervene in international conflicts. He's just in your head, please keep him there.


That last sentence wasn't cool KwarK, stooping down to that level is fruitless to the point where I'd say you should apologize for it. I want to go off on a rant about the motive behind TL's anti-religious views, but I'll leave it at that for people to chew on. + Show Spoiler +
Gee, how non conformist of you Slar!
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 16:14:17
May 30 2012 16:13 GMT
#22390
On May 31 2012 01:11 Slardar wrote:
Too much mod praising lately......even if it's sarcastic. Time for a 180 degree turn.



Uhm, the reason you see mod praise, and not mod attacks is because criticism of mods is supposed to be PM if it's specific, or feedback if it's across the board.

Granted, I think if the ban reasons are going to be public, criticism for the ban itself should be too, but that's my opinion, and apparently isn't shared by the staff. Probably to prevent flame wars.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 16:19:08
May 30 2012 16:15 GMT
#22391
On May 31 2012 01:11 Slardar wrote:
Too much mod praising lately......even if it's sarcastic. Time for a 180 degree turn.

Show nested quote +
JesusOurSaviour was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2011-01-18 11:51:16 and had 1141 posts.

Reason: I have explicitly warned you against dragging Jesus into random discussions. We get that you love Jesus, that's great, but your preaching is both off topic and somewhat tasteless in the face of a massacre of children.
History suggests that Jesus tends not to physically intervene in international conflicts. He's just in your head, please keep him there.


That last sentence wasn't cool KwarK, stooping down to that level is fruitless to the point where I'd say you should apologize for it. I want to go off on a rant about the motive behind TL's anti-religious views, but I'll leave it at that for people to chew on. + Show Spoiler +
Gee, how non conformist of you Slar!


yeah w/e not worth starting a religion debate anyway, take it to kwark
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 30 2012 16:17 GMT
#22392
On May 31 2012 01:15 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 01:11 Slardar wrote:
Too much mod praising lately......even if it's sarcastic. Time for a 180 degree turn.

JesusOurSaviour was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2011-01-18 11:51:16 and had 1141 posts.

Reason: I have explicitly warned you against dragging Jesus into random discussions. We get that you love Jesus, that's great, but your preaching is both off topic and somewhat tasteless in the face of a massacre of children.
History suggests that Jesus tends not to physically intervene in international conflicts. He's just in your head, please keep him there.


That last sentence wasn't cool KwarK, stooping down to that level is fruitless to the point where I'd say you should apologize for it. I want to go off on a rant about the motive behind TL's anti-religious views, but I'll leave it at that for people to chew on. + Show Spoiler +
Gee, how non conformist of you Slar!


Where do you physically see jesus, even if you believe he is real or not, isn't he always in your head? He is not physically in our world. And if he is nobody knows about it anyways, jesus/god is in your head whether he is real or not.

no no no stop it now. For the sake of this thread stop!!!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 30 2012 16:18 GMT
#22393
On May 31 2012 01:15 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 01:11 Slardar wrote:
Too much mod praising lately......even if it's sarcastic. Time for a 180 degree turn.

JesusOurSaviour was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2011-01-18 11:51:16 and had 1141 posts.

Reason: I have explicitly warned you against dragging Jesus into random discussions. We get that you love Jesus, that's great, but your preaching is both off topic and somewhat tasteless in the face of a massacre of children.
History suggests that Jesus tends not to physically intervene in international conflicts. He's just in your head, please keep him there.


That last sentence wasn't cool KwarK, stooping down to that level is fruitless to the point where I'd say you should apologize for it. I want to go off on a rant about the motive behind TL's anti-religious views, but I'll leave it at that for people to chew on. + Show Spoiler +
Gee, how non conformist of you Slar!


Where do you physically see jesus, even if you believe he is real or not, isn't he always in your head? He is not physically in our world. And if he is nobody knows about it anyways, jesus/god is in your head whether he is real or not.


Or, if you wanted to get really complex, he's just in your head anyways, because you only have your perceptions of him even if you physically see/hear/smell him. All that is your brain's translation, even if he's physically there! I could actually just be imagining myself!

Holy fuck, we're in the Matrix!
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 16:23:22
May 30 2012 16:22 GMT
#22394
On May 31 2012 01:11 Slardar wrote:
Too much mod praising lately......even if it's sarcastic. Time for a 180 degree turn.

Show nested quote +
JesusOurSaviour was just temp banned for 2 weeks by KwarK.

That account was created on 2011-01-18 11:51:16 and had 1141 posts.

Reason: I have explicitly warned you against dragging Jesus into random discussions. We get that you love Jesus, that's great, but your preaching is both off topic and somewhat tasteless in the face of a massacre of children.
History suggests that Jesus tends not to physically intervene in international conflicts. He's just in your head, please keep him there.


That last sentence wasn't cool KwarK, stooping down to that level is fruitless to the point where I'd say you should apologize for it. I want to go off on a rant about the motive behind TL's anti-religious views, but I'll leave it at that for people to chew on. + Show Spoiler +
Gee, how non conformist of you Slar!

For the sake of the thread I have removed my defence of that post (and it was good, PM me if you want it) but I'd like to clarify that I have received zero PMs about that ban, not even from the banned. Furthermore there is a website feedback forum if you'd like to make one.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 30 2012 17:28 GMT
#22395
USAUSAUSASTARCRAFT was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-30 23:21:38 and had 2 posts.

Reason: Pick a less obnoxious username please.


Flamewheel alt?
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 17:51:11
May 30 2012 17:44 GMT
#22396
Isn't that the youtube channel name with all those awesome videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/USAUSAUSASTARCRAFT
The guy churns them out like nothing as well and they are all pretty good.
The CatZ video makes my day every time I watch it haha.
Cackle™
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4389 Posts
May 30 2012 18:03 GMT
#22397
On May 31 2012 02:28 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
USAUSAUSASTARCRAFT was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-30 23:21:38 and had 2 posts.

Reason: Pick a less obnoxious username please.


Flamewheel alt?


Mods probably thought it was the meme used for foreigner(not from the us) sc2 players when they win something. Some people frown upon that meme so that was probably it.

Although a Flamewheel follower would also be possible ;-)
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 30 2012 18:07 GMT
#22398
On May 31 2012 02:28 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
USAUSAUSASTARCRAFT was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-30 23:21:38 and had 2 posts.

Reason: Pick a less obnoxious username please.


Flamewheel alt?


That's actually a pity he got banned. He's been producing some really nice SC2 videos recently.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
May 30 2012 18:12 GMT
#22399
On May 31 2012 02:28 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
USAUSAUSASTARCRAFT was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-30 23:21:38 and had 2 posts.

Reason: Pick a less obnoxious username please.


Flamewheel alt?

http://www.youtube.com/user/USAUSAUSASTARCRAFT

he's made some cool sc2 related videos, assuming it's the same person
youtube account has the same user
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
kerpal
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom2695 Posts
May 30 2012 20:40 GMT
#22400
I just did something very stupid with my report button...


So, despite it's appalling lack of actually funny content, I am a longtime subscriber to the '[sfw] random pics that make you laugh' thread... (I know, I know... it's an addiction I cannot break. If I don't check it, I can't sleep for the irrational belief that someone might actually post something that would make me chuckle ever so slightly.)
Although of course as everyone knows the funniest pic thread on TL is the 'unimpressed flash meme' thread...

The thing that really annoys me in the 'random pics' thread is when people post without a pic. There's a mod note, don't post without a pic, but people do, so I love to report them for their foolishness.
So, I check my subscribed threads and I see someone has posted in the 'random pics' thread. It's not funny. In fact, it's just a quote of a pic posted earlier with something like
that's so funny

posted. Thanks for your contribution. Reported. Return to thread, scroll up. The next guy up has also failed to post a pic of his own, but is arguing about terran's ability to use ebays as sight blockers. Report. Return to thread. What? Another? Report!
Oh wait... this is the 'unimpressed flash meme' thread... oops... What do I do now?
Well I report a fourth post with an apology, duh!

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm now looking around for a check that i'm posting this in the right thread!
Prev 1 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 116
Nina 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 717
Artosis 593
GuemChi 323
910 38
MaD[AoV]28
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 636
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox572
Other Games
summit1g8650
Day[9].tv474
shahzam460
C9.Mang0325
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta29
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie834
• Shiphtur515
• Day9tv474
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
17m
Patches Events
16h 17m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.