• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:05
CEST 14:05
KST 21:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202618Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10221 users

Anyone go to a CUNY? - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 05:13:34
September 06 2010 05:13 GMT
#21
On September 06 2010 07:16 GenesisStarcraft wrote:
Inter-CUNY CSL sounds awesome. I mean, location is a huge problem, but we can always meet up at Internet Cafes (hassle most of the time). First of all, we'd have to ask the CSL organizers if they'd let (I can take care of that later), and then meeting is, once again, a huge hassle.


Hell, if we're serious about it, meeting shouldn't be much of a hassle. CUNY kids usually have unlimited metrocards, right?

It's a matter of how low you want your grades to drop.
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
Culex
Profile Joined September 2010
United States16 Posts
September 06 2010 05:34 GMT
#22
On September 06 2010 14:13 btway wrote:
It's a matter of how low you want your grades to drop.

Ain't that the truth?


But really you don't have to meet in person to practice if it's that big of a deal.

If it's more convenient you can just share a voice chat program like Ventrilo (I know SC2 has a voice chat function but I find it to be very unreliable) and spectate each other's 1v1 games. You can follow up every match with an analysis of the replay and spectators can give their input.

For events we can meet up. For practice it's not entirely necessary to be in the same room.
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
September 06 2010 05:43 GMT
#23
I'm going to Queens College spring semester :3
the courage to be a lazy bum
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
September 06 2010 05:47 GMT
#24
On September 06 2010 14:34 Culex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2010 14:13 btway wrote:
It's a matter of how low you want your grades to drop.

Ain't that the truth?


But really you don't have to meet in person to practice if it's that big of a deal.

If it's more convenient you can just share a voice chat program like Ventrilo (I know SC2 has a voice chat function but I find it to be very unreliable) and spectate each other's 1v1 games. You can follow up every match with an analysis of the replay and spectators can give their input.

For events we can meet up. For practice it's not entirely necessary to be in the same room.


Currently using Skype while training. I'm not good enough to be in a league anyways
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 06 2010 05:54 GMT
#25
On September 06 2010 14:34 Culex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2010 14:13 btway wrote:
It's a matter of how low you want your grades to drop.

Ain't that the truth?


But really you don't have to meet in person to practice if it's that big of a deal.

If it's more convenient you can just share a voice chat program like Ventrilo (I know SC2 has a voice chat function but I find it to be very unreliable) and spectate each other's 1v1 games. You can follow up every match with an analysis of the replay and spectators can give their input.

For events we can meet up. For practice it's not entirely necessary to be in the same room.

TL Vent is always great. There are tons of slots available on it.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=124550

If anyone wants to get on I usually hang out in RoLClub private channel just let me know and you can come on and we can play.

But yeah, I'd agree meeting up all the time isn't necessary but the best part about this is the actual matches we could meet up for set up a stream, cast, etc. It would be fun event all around assuming we find locations.

Oh and anyone who wants to be added to the OP use the format I posted in it. Otherwise I can't add you out of lazyness and lack of information.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
September 06 2010 06:01 GMT
#26
On September 06 2010 14:54 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Oh and anyone who wants to be added to the OP use the format I posted in it. Otherwise I can't add you out of lazyness and lack of information.


Here you go, unless I have to wait until I actually start school a few moths from now

TL Username: ZoW
School: CUNY Queens College
Starcraft 2 ID: ZoW.724
Battle.net ID: ZoW (ICCup)

I'd be up for some games right now actually :D
the courage to be a lazy bum
Culex
Profile Joined September 2010
United States16 Posts
September 06 2010 06:03 GMT
#27
On September 06 2010 14:43 ZoW wrote:
I'm going to Queens College spring semester :3

orly? =O What are you gonna major in over there?

@btway
iirc you're currently ranked at plat? I too am ranked plat right now. We should go and fight to the death.

@RebirthOfLegend
TL Vent? Sounds good. I'll drop in at around 5pm.
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
September 06 2010 06:43 GMT
#28
On September 06 2010 15:03 Culex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2010 14:43 ZoW wrote:
I'm going to Queens College spring semester :3

orly? =O What are you gonna major in over there?

@btway
iirc you're currently ranked at plat? I too am ranked plat right now. We should go and fight to the death.

@RebirthOfLegend
TL Vent? Sounds good. I'll drop in at around 5pm.


I'd love to play sometime :D

Or we could just fight to the death. Your call
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 06 2010 06:50 GMT
#29
lol anyone who wants to actually play feel free to add me. Whenever I am on I wouldn't mind grinding 1on1 in a specific match up so I can actually start getting the feel for it.

also ZoW don't hate~

I am a Diamond player currently at around 400, but its because I only played 30 games. I also play Protoss.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
September 06 2010 13:21 GMT
#30
I haven't even played my 1v1s since I'm very sporadic with my games and inconsistent. I can beat a diamond player if i'm at my max. haha. ANd what I"ve been reading is very true. We can just skype (23 people max) or TL Vent to practice, it'd be a very good idea.
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
September 06 2010 13:29 GMT
#31
Haha. I'm probably the only kid here who goes to Lehman College. It's pretty far from the rest of them, but I'm only here for this last year before I transfer out this year. If something happens within that time, I'd like to see if I can show up.
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
September 06 2010 23:59 GMT
#32
I sent a message to the CSL organizers and they will not allow us to form a Inter-CUNY CSL Team because our schools are too populated. So the only way we can do it is to make teams per school. =\

On another note, we can all still meet up sometimes for events as well as train together if we can.
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
September 07 2010 01:41 GMT
#33
On September 07 2010 08:59 GenesisStarcraft wrote:
I sent a message to the CSL organizers and they will not allow us to form a Inter-CUNY CSL Team because our schools are too populated. So the only way we can do it is to make teams per school. =\

On another note, we can all still meet up sometimes for events as well as train together if we can.



I think you should at least be able to form pairs of colleges to enter because CUNY schools are pretty small.

Zow will carry his team
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 07 2010 05:11 GMT
#34
On September 07 2010 08:59 GenesisStarcraft wrote:
I sent a message to the CSL organizers and they will not allow us to form a Inter-CUNY CSL Team because our schools are too populated. So the only way we can do it is to make teams per school. =\

On another note, we can all still meet up sometimes for events as well as train together if we can.

What the hell. Screw that, they (CSL organizers) REALLY think we can easily get 5 ppl per CUNY school? We should start our own "CSL" then, and call it something like CunySL! Battle among the CUNYs and see which CUNY is the best out of them all!

Or an individual star league style among us CUNY students like in OSL/MSL and at the same time have a team league for CSL somehow within CUNY since CUNY IS ONE BIG SCHOOL.

Still don't get why Inter-CUNY CSL team cannot work when each individual CUNY school isn't an university but a college.... and university is made up # of different colleges where in this case, they shouldn't have CSL by univs but colleges. Imagine that. The CMU engineering school has its own team and the business school on its own if we have to break up into separate CUNYs.... only fair to us then.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
September 07 2010 05:26 GMT
#35
On September 07 2010 14:11 QuickStriker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 08:59 GenesisStarcraft wrote:
I sent a message to the CSL organizers and they will not allow us to form a Inter-CUNY CSL Team because our schools are too populated. So the only way we can do it is to make teams per school. =\

On another note, we can all still meet up sometimes for events as well as train together if we can.

What the hell. Screw that, they (CSL organizers) REALLY think we can easily get 5 ppl per CUNY school? We should start our own "CSL" then, and call it something like CunySL! Battle among the CUNYs and see which CUNY is the best out of them all!

Or an individual star league style among us CUNY students like in OSL/MSL and at the same time have a team league for CSL somehow within CUNY since CUNY IS ONE BIG SCHOOL.

Still don't get why Inter-CUNY CSL team cannot work when each individual CUNY school isn't an university but a college.... and university is made up # of different colleges where in this case, they shouldn't have CSL by univs but colleges. Imagine that. The CMU engineering school has its own team and the business school on its own if we have to break up into separate CUNYs.... only fair to us then.


I think that each CUNY college consists of 10,000+ students, more than enough for each school to form its own team.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 06:00:23
September 07 2010 05:57 GMT
#36
Rules
These rules apply for Season 3 (spring 2010). Please note that all rules are subject to change.

Eligibility

All colleges and universities in the United States and Canada can register in the CSL.
Players must be enrolled in their respective institutions as students (either undergraduate or graduate) at time of registration.
Players cannot be suspended by CSL for previous infractions.
The minimum number of players per team is four, but it is highly recommended to have more.


Its only 4 people per team and there are plenty of people in CUNY schools you might have to advertise around your schools to get some tho.

Sure you might have to do a little more work to find people and lead a team but in the end our NYC lans might get bigger.
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 07 2010 07:40 GMT
#37
Well if you guys feel so strongly that respective CUNY schools can find 4-5 people to make a team, by all means go ahead then. I do not see that happening for any of you to convince and get people from your schools to play in CSL with you. I tried for the past 2 semesters I've been here in Brooklyn College and I have not found a single SC player committed to play with me nor anyone who goes to TL.net.

And if that was the case, then we would have had individual CUNY teams by now or lots of people from CUNY on TL.net instead of this thread asking if anyone goes to CUNY. Sure each school has over 10k, but most of them aren't us who commute to school, go to class, then go home and also work and live their life the regular average American way.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
September 07 2010 11:14 GMT
#38
On September 07 2010 16:40 QuickStriker wrote:
Well if you guys feel so strongly that respective CUNY schools can find 4-5 people to make a team, by all means go ahead then. I do not see that happening for any of you to convince and get people from your schools to play in CSL with you. I tried for the past 2 semesters I've been here in Brooklyn College and I have not found a single SC player committed to play with me nor anyone who goes to TL.net.

And if that was the case, then we would have had individual CUNY teams by now or lots of people from CUNY on TL.net instead of this thread asking if anyone goes to CUNY. Sure each school has over 10k, but most of them aren't us who commute to school, go to class, then go home and also work and live their life the regular average American way.


I also agree with this. It's not that easy to find SC players when your community is so big it hardly enforces social communication. Like QS, I haven't found one in my 1.5 years at CUNY John Jay until this thread first popped up. Note how empty this thread is with CUNY people. If there were really THAT many TLers in the CUNY system, then this thread would hypothetically be much larger.
vxl
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden64 Posts
September 07 2010 12:16 GMT
#39
I can't stop myself from thinking how close Y is to T on the keyboard when reading this.
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
September 07 2010 15:21 GMT
#40
On September 07 2010 20:14 GenesisStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 16:40 QuickStriker wrote:
Well if you guys feel so strongly that respective CUNY schools can find 4-5 people to make a team, by all means go ahead then. I do not see that happening for any of you to convince and get people from your schools to play in CSL with you. I tried for the past 2 semesters I've been here in Brooklyn College and I have not found a single SC player committed to play with me nor anyone who goes to TL.net.

And if that was the case, then we would have had individual CUNY teams by now or lots of people from CUNY on TL.net instead of this thread asking if anyone goes to CUNY. Sure each school has over 10k, but most of them aren't us who commute to school, go to class, then go home and also work and live their life the regular average American way.


I also agree with this. It's not that easy to find SC players when your community is so big it hardly enforces social communication. Like QS, I haven't found one in my 1.5 years at CUNY John Jay until this thread first popped up. Note how empty this thread is with CUNY people. If there were really THAT many TLers in the CUNY system, then this thread would hypothetically be much larger.


We should change that. Posters are nice and free to put up.
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko276
LamboSC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23492
Calm 5824
Rain 1973
Bisu 1204
FanTaSy 1025
Horang2 507
Jaedong 472
Rush 336
BeSt 289
Soma 270
[ Show more ]
Zeus 216
Stork 215
Mini 187
Light 118
Larva 109
Free 103
Snow 84
ZerO 83
Pusan 81
Mong 80
Mind 76
Barracks 72
910 70
Hyun 49
Killer 43
Sea.KH 42
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 26
Shinee 26
NaDa 25
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Noble 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6986
Counter-Strike
fl0m1996
olofmeister949
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
gofns32999
singsing1926
B2W.Neo629
dupreeh401
crisheroes263
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2658
• Nemesis1866
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 55m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 55m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.