• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:50
CEST 11:50
KST 18:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7838 users

Anyone go to a CUNY? - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 18:02:42
September 07 2010 16:24 GMT
#41
Posters sounds good. I'm also curious as to how the schools feel about a computer-based club/organization. I plan to ask the campus OSA in order to find out. xD

John Jay kids, we should meet up sometime. :o
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 08 2010 03:15 GMT
#42
Like I said, you guys can try all you want. I've done trying at my school. Besides, it's unfortunate but any type of gaming club/organization cannot exist in my campus. The closest we got is either chess club, sci-fic club or the anime/manga club. And in my opinion, the members in each of these clubs are all creepy.

I don't know how other CUNY schools are but good luck setting up a SC club or something of sort. For me, I'll continue on with my TV Club I'm currently leading to someday wish to have a live show production of Starcraft like you see in PL, OSL, MSL.... sighs...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 08 2010 15:27 GMT
#43
Wait, QS why can't any gaming club exist on your campus? Just not enough people?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
September 08 2010 15:31 GMT
#44
First time I knew what CUNY meant was the OP of this thread lolol.

Almost went to a CUNY for my masters, but I didn't want to move close to the city.

I'll attend as an honorary member, since my school had about 0 people who played SC/SC2
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 08 2010 15:39 GMT
#45
lol amber where did you go to school/live?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 17:12:31
September 08 2010 17:12 GMT
#46
PACE and I live in Northern Westchester.

You have very easy access to this information, by the way...
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 08 2010 21:04 GMT
#47
On September 09 2010 00:27 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Wait, QS why can't any gaming club exist on your campus? Just not enough people?

Apparently, I've heard from some sources around campus and in the student center that gaming club cannot exist because it is not academic in any way and the student government would not provide funding in any way.... that's one of these things I've heard plus many other reasons. I mean come on, if it was possible, it would have been here a LONGGGGG time ago.....
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
September 08 2010 21:10 GMT
#48
Mmm i wonder if i could take an adult class or get re certified for life guarding would count as being a student
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 08 2010 21:14 GMT
#49
On September 09 2010 06:10 Zeroes wrote:
Mmm i wonder if i could take an adult class or get re certified for life guarding would count as being a student

I would certainly think so since that'll just mean you are a part-time student then right? Since you are going to the CUNY schools to take a course and even if you aren't planning for credits, you get credits anyway...

Also, I've been thinking, while we debate about CSL that is all about SC2 now and all, how about a CBW that's the same thing except back to BW again? Hopefully the organizer would be better there and perhaps we can make a big one team in regards to this..

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=146108
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 21:45:33
September 08 2010 21:44 GMT
#50
On September 09 2010 06:04 QuickStriker wrote:
Apparently, I've heard from some sources around campus and in the student center that gaming club cannot exist because it is not academic in any way and the student government would not provide funding in any way.... that's one of these things I've heard plus many other reasons. I mean come on, if it was possible, it would have been here a LONGGGGG time ago.....


That's a little silly there wasn't a gaming club in Princeton either, and I had the same thoughts: "if it were possible, it would exist already, wouldn't it?"

Even though most people laughed at me when I started the gaming club and anonymous people (or squirrels, I will never know) tore down my posters, it turned out that the Student Government actually supported us and thought we were cool. Now we get funding for SC events all the time.

The reason why we're not letting CUNY become an inter-CUNY team right now is because of the student body size, which is our first measure of whether we let a school join with its sister campuses. If there are other extenuating circumstances (like student governments out to get you), we'd be happy to listen and see what we can do. We're just hoping that individual schools will try their hardest to set up teams first, especially if it is within their ability to do so.
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
September 08 2010 22:22 GMT
#51
I think the biggest problem that cuny schools have is that the majority of their student body are commuters meaning that people don't get to know each other as well if you lived together in dorms.
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-09 02:46:37
September 08 2010 22:25 GMT
#52
Gaming clubs were pretty fun in high school, though I rarely joined or attended after school activities. This was only 2 years ago, not that old.

This makes me think when someone asked me in my CS class the other day if there a club for Programmers, I think not... Nobody would be interested since it probably be a gathering of geeks like Def Con or something. D: Not that its not a good thing.

Since CUNY students are over the place and not to mention we dont have the luxury of a dorm or lab area like SUNY or say Princeton students... wouldnt it be difficult to create one?
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
September 08 2010 23:00 GMT
#53
Can you explain? You don't have dorms / lab areas?
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
September 08 2010 23:13 GMT
#54
yea the only cuny that has dorms is hunter and thats only if you are an honors student

There are computer labs
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
ccdnl
Profile Joined April 2010
United States611 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 23:32:56
September 08 2010 23:32 GMT
#55
On September 09 2010 08:13 Zeroes wrote:
yea the only cuny that has dorms is hunter and thats only if you are an honors student

There are computer labs


Brooklyn College has dorms now.
civil cervixes || Kang Min Fan || I like TLO, TLO= German, I like Germans..?
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
September 08 2010 23:56 GMT
#56
There are no designated areas for computers at john jay. There are a few public lobbies, but these computers are extremely incompetent even for holding up casual use which is just unusable for SC/SC2.
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
September 09 2010 00:02 GMT
#57
On September 09 2010 08:32 ccdnl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 08:13 Zeroes wrote:
yea the only cuny that has dorms is hunter and thats only if you are an honors student

There are computer labs


Brooklyn College has dorms now.


ah i am old ignore me
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 09 2010 02:14 GMT
#58
You guys are all correct, CUNY is a commuter school and even though there are plenty of clubs to go around, you have like 95% of the CUNY students end up just going to class, then home/work and not do any student activity. That's how it is with commuter school even with dorms.... It's unfortunate but you have no choice but to leave yourself with the at most few hundreds active student which spread out to hundreds of club per college.

On September 09 2010 06:44 hazelynut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 06:04 QuickStriker wrote:
Apparently, I've heard from some sources around campus and in the student center that gaming club cannot exist because it is not academic in any way and the student government would not provide funding in any way.... that's one of these things I've heard plus many other reasons. I mean come on, if it was possible, it would have been here a LONGGGGG time ago.....


That's a little silly there wasn't a gaming club in Princeton either, and I had the same thoughts: "if it were possible, it would exist already, wouldn't it?"

Even though most people laughed at me when I started the gaming club and anonymous people (or squirrels, I will never know) tore down my posters, it turned out that the Student Government actually supported us and thought we were cool. Now we get funding for SC events all the time.

The reason why we're not letting CUNY become an inter-CUNY team right now is because of the student body size, which is our first measure of whether we let a school join with its sister campuses. If there are other extenuating circumstances (like student governments out to get you), we'd be happy to listen and see what we can do. We're just hoping that individual schools will try their hardest to set up teams first, especially if it is within their ability to do so.

Well, I'll be honest here. I know the Student Government well. In fact, both undergrad and graduate ones since the undergrad student body president is my.... "brother" (note: I don't have any real brothers) and I have a "brother" in graduate student gov as well. I even knew the past undergrad student body president since he was a "brother" as well. So I am well connected with the various student governments at my school.

That being said, like I mention before, I tried but nobody here I know or found are committed to games as much and especially not Starcraft. And despite the fact I could abuse my way and force a gaming club to exist, it would get taken down eventually because of the fact that I would be running a one man show with just me, myself and I. What kind of club would be that then?

And student body size you shouldn't trust in CUNY since like I mention before, 95% don't even get active in student activity, only come to school to take classes and go home. So with that, we have mere few hundreds who are interested in other academic clubs who are mostly ALL SERIOUS STUDENTS who do not play video/computer games....

On September 09 2010 08:32 ccdnl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 08:13 Zeroes wrote:
yea the only cuny that has dorms is hunter and thats only if you are an honors student

There are computer labs


Brooklyn College has dorms now.

Yes, I'm very informed about that though I don't know anyone who lives in that EXPENSIVE dorm...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
September 09 2010 02:48 GMT
#59
Brooklyn College is 15 minute bus ride from my house. Its pretty quiet and nice there, I find it awkward that one block away is a other "universe". Im pretty sure QS knows what Im referring too.

"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
September 09 2010 02:56 GMT
#60
On September 09 2010 11:48 Disregard wrote:
Brooklyn College is 15 minute bus ride from my house. Its pretty quiet and nice there, I find it awkward that one block away is a other "universe". Im pretty sure QS knows what Im referring too.


Hahaha. Of course. Brooklyn College is basically what one would say in between a black (not trying to be racist) neighborhood and a jewish neighborhood. It's to the point that the 2 parties for student government (yes, we have 2 parties but not republican/democrat) are basically like the "black" party (USL) and the "jewish" party (PHD) consisting of students of respective backgrounds that rules the party. However, a change happened this year the greek organizations along with its spearhead of the current president took over USL and completely dominated the PHD party on the election in May, causing the current student body government for undergrad to be led by fraternity and sorority members.... The politics here in Brooklyn College are just weird yet funny....
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3884
Bisu 726
Hyuk 643
Soma 331
Rush 273
BeSt 227
Sexy 111
Mong 110
ToSsGirL 76
Stork 68
[ Show more ]
Killer 62
Mind 45
ZerO 37
Shinee 36
sorry 19
Yoon 16
Hm[arnc] 13
NaDa 13
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc3939
Counter-Strike
olofmeister788
byalli531
shoxiejesuss517
edward73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
gofns43843
singsing992
ceh9688
dupreeh260
crisheroes230
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• killerbeecast10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1692
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.