• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:06
CEST 03:06
KST 10:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8520 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 314

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 371 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 04 2016 07:10 GMT
#6261
Veil is nice, but I think Aether Lens is still a valuable item despite suggestions of its redundancy.

Especially if the other items are in view of Aether Lens (Atos + Euls ++)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 07:48:20
June 04 2016 07:38 GMT
#6262
Honestly I'm not sure I'm sold on that whole build, but maybe I'm just no good at him.

To me bloodstone is a bit questionable. Zeus can use bloodstone to farm or fight, but sky doesn't flashfarm well at all so it's a lot less effective on him. I think he's better going veil>blink/atos with like euls etc as defensive. He doesn't scale all that well so he needs to be very active.

I think you get aether if you aren't going bloodstone, since they both build from your boots. I wouldn't build arcanes again just to get it.

idk core sky is kind of cheesy at the best of times.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 07:52:55
June 04 2016 07:51 GMT
#6263
The alternative build is something like Atos/Aether/Eul's

I referenced Akke's build.

The Core build is seldom used.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 13:53:01
June 04 2016 13:52 GMT
#6264
Veil is superior bc skywrath benefits from the int (arcane bolt!) over mana. Veil bloodstone is ideal.

No other item combination will give dmg and sustain in quite the same manner.
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 17:19:57
June 04 2016 17:15 GMT
#6265
On June 04 2016 22:52 BluemoonSC wrote:
Veil is superior bc skywrath benefits from the int (arcane bolt!) over mana. Veil bloodstone is ideal.

No other item combination will give dmg and sustain in quite the same manner.




Atos into Bloodstone

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/42989814/matches?hero=skywrath-mage

a combination of Atos, Aether Lens + Veil.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/29110522/matches?hero=skywrath-mage

Atos, Bloodstone, Eul's Scepter + Aether Lens




I think Veil is fine where it is.

I checked the replay: it is Atos -> Aether Lens -> BoT -> Eul's.
I prefer that build as well, so I will adjust.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
June 04 2016 17:30 GMT
#6266
support skywrath doesn't get mana boots but rushes veil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 04 2016 17:32 GMT
#6267
On June 05 2016 02:30 Erasme wrote:
support skywrath doesn't get mana boots but rushes veil.


its not support.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
June 04 2016 17:40 GMT
#6268
Then update your support skywrath.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 17:49:11
June 04 2016 17:46 GMT
#6269
On June 05 2016 02:40 Erasme wrote:
Then update your support skywrath.


Walk in uninformed, get corrected then make demands.

I'm not interested in your help if that is your approach.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
June 04 2016 17:49 GMT
#6270
Afaik mid skywrath should rush veil too.
But sure why wouldnt you take the words of low 5k or 4ks instead of mine lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 18:06:57
June 04 2016 18:01 GMT
#6271
On June 05 2016 02:49 Erasme wrote:
Afaik mid skywrath should rush veil too.
But sure why wouldnt you take the words of low 5k or 4ks instead of mine lmao


1. Because they aren't rude in their feedback or make demands
2. Because they don't use their MMR to justify their arguments
3. Because they don't disregard all of the previous conversation
4. Because they explain their suggestions so that it makes sense for everyone (including me)
5. Because they have dedicated a year+ in help and feedback that has been consistently useful

If I want the opinion of higher MMR, there are tools available to gather it, that doesn't make yours more of value than others.
Someone with presumably lower MMR said the same thing as you, but explained their suggestion.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 20:31:55
June 04 2016 20:31 GMT
#6272
ed
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 22:12:53
June 04 2016 22:09 GMT
#6273
Erasme's a dick, but despite his reading comprehension everyone is actually saying the same thing. Veil is core on skywrath.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-04 22:39:20
June 04 2016 22:28 GMT
#6274
For Core - Skywrath. I do not see Veil consistently being bought first (see previous posts)

Support - the most recent match was Veil, but I will continue looking. But I am not sure if it is consistently bought.




I don't acknowledge suggestions given with the wrong attitude or tone.
I get private messages from 6k-7k players who think their word is gospel or above everyone else's. Either they don't want to communicate their feedback publicly or want a private line with me where I just do what they say.

That isn't what this project is and condescension is disliked.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-05 02:35:27
June 05 2016 02:31 GMT
#6275
Ya i dont see where i was a dick but if you don't put veil as core in any skywrath build then your builds are shit. Like LMAO sure take the advices of 4ks players instead of mine
I'm pretty sure if i had the time i would correct all of your builds but lets be honest, its not worth the time. Especially since you don't value my advices
On June 05 2016 07:28 Torte de Lini wrote:
For Core - Skywrath. I do not see Veil consistently being bought first (see previous posts)

Support - the most recent match was Veil, but I will continue looking. But I am not sure if it is consistently bought.




I don't acknowledge suggestions given with the wrong attitude or tone.
I get private messages from 6k-7k players who think their word is gospel or above everyone else's. Either they don't want to communicate their feedback publicly or want a private line with me where I just do what they say.

That isn't what this project is and condescension is disliked.

You are simply wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
June 05 2016 02:37 GMT
#6276
On June 05 2016 11:31 Erasme wrote:
Ya i dont see where i was a dick but if you don't put veil as core in any skywrath build then your builds are shit. Like LMAO sure take the advices of 4ks players instead of mine
I'm pretty sure if i had the time i would correct all of your builds but lets be honest, its not worth the time. Especially since you don't value my advices
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2016 07:28 Torte de Lini wrote:
For Core - Skywrath. I do not see Veil consistently being bought first (see previous posts)

Support - the most recent match was Veil, but I will continue looking. But I am not sure if it is consistently bought.




I don't acknowledge suggestions given with the wrong attitude or tone.
I get private messages from 6k-7k players who think their word is gospel or above everyone else's. Either they don't want to communicate their feedback publicly or want a private line with me where I just do what they say.

That isn't what this project is and condescension is disliked.

You are simply wrong.

You still come across as an arrogant dick m8ey
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-05 03:22:38
June 05 2016 03:19 GMT
#6277
On June 05 2016 11:31 Erasme wrote:
Ya i dont see where i was a dick but if you don't put veil as core in any skywrath build then your builds are shit. Like LMAO sure take the advices of 4ks players instead of mine
I'm pretty sure if i had the time i would correct all of your builds but lets be honest, its not worth the time. Especially since you don't value my advices
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2016 07:28 Torte de Lini wrote:
For Core - Skywrath. I do not see Veil consistently being bought first (see previous posts)

Support - the most recent match was Veil, but I will continue looking. But I am not sure if it is consistently bought.




I don't acknowledge suggestions given with the wrong attitude or tone.
I get private messages from 6k-7k players who think their word is gospel or above everyone else's. Either they don't want to communicate their feedback publicly or want a private line with me where I just do what they say.

That isn't what this project is and condescension is disliked.

You are simply wrong.


Nice temper tantrum.

When you can learn to be civil instead of being a childish person, maybe then will people acknowledge what you have to say instead of your outbursts you're making for being called out on your terrible attitude.

Right or wrong, the project has done fine for over 3 years and has never declined in any form. I think it'll be fine without your unwanted and unhelpful presence.

Your feedback is literally the same as everyone that you're needlessly putting down, you're just too busy projecting your frustration to read.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
June 05 2016 03:40 GMT
#6278
to be fair to erasme (though he sometimes doesnt deserve it) he knows he's agreeing with us. he just doesn't realize that his form of critique is off-putting and he cares too much if he's not acknowledged or listened to.

and to be fair, that is frustrating considering he is better than I. and the fact that there are 3 knowledgeable people (1 being more knowledgeable than the rest) saying you should put veil in the build...you should probably rush that veil lol

also - i would NEVER use slahser's builds in any of your guides. all due respect to slahser, but your target audience is not capable.

atos Skywrath is fine. its just that your target audience (and this CURRENT patch), veil is much better than when slahser made his video almost 2 years ago. dota is a completely different game.
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
June 05 2016 03:47 GMT
#6279
wanna comment on the game that you watched.

you cannot possibly equate pro player farm, with 5 kills in the midlane before 10 minutes to your target audience's farm. please consider that when you're adjusting your guides.
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-05 04:59:34
June 05 2016 03:52 GMT
#6280
On June 05 2016 12:47 BluemoonSC wrote:
wanna comment on the game that you watched.

you cannot possibly equate pro player farm, with 5 kills in the midlane before 10 minutes to your target audience's farm. please consider that when you're adjusting your guides.


Core build is adjusted appropriately.

On June 05 2016 12:40 BluemoonSC wrote:
to be fair to erasme (though he sometimes doesnt deserve it) he knows he's agreeing with us. he just doesn't realize that his form of critique is off-putting and he cares too much if he's not acknowledged or listened to.

and to be fair, that is frustrating considering he is better than I. and the fact that there are 3 knowledgeable people (1 being more knowledgeable than the rest) saying you should put veil in the build...you should probably rush that veil lol

also - i would NEVER use slahser's builds in any of your guides. all due respect to slahser, but your target audience is not capable.

atos Skywrath is fine. its just that your target audience (and this CURRENT patch), veil is much better than when slahser made his video almost 2 years ago. dota is a completely different game.


I'm no longer interested or acknowledging Erasme's future posts. Everyone is better than me, how much better from each other is irrelevant when it comes to suggestions. In the end, you all have to work with me (as unfortunate and frustrating as that can be sometimes). Egotistical it seems, that's the truth of the matter and I rarely make such authoritative statements, but I don't tolerate or enable that sort of behavior, frustrated or not.




I never use Slahser videos in my builds. I am well-aware of his unorthodox plays. I am just showing several points of view that suggest Bloodstone be a part of the Skywrath - Core build.

It's already updated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286895078.
This is the build as it currently stands. Nowhere near Slahser's video or Akke's play, so I am not sure why it is still a point of subject right now.

Here are the builds I am seeing right now:

Support - Skywrath:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2337627115 - Boots + Null
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2338518261 - Arcane + Meka
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2338823961 - Tranq + Veil
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2340813766 - Arcane + Veil
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2352938620 - Arcane + Meka
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2270853865 - Arcane + Urn
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2263278120 - Boots
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2247054693/builds - Arcane + Veil
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/86750028/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Veil + Arcane + Force Staff
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/131043881/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Treads + Atos + Eul's
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/114559048/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Treads + Veil

Summary: Veil is seeing more use, but it is not a clear case as stated before - hence I will look into it

Core - Skywrath:
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/135726105/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Majority Bloodstone/Force Staff/ Eul's/Atos
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/158256651/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Blink/Atos/Eul's/Arcane
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/29110522/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Atos/Bloodstone/Eul's /Aether Lens
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/86700461/matches?hero=skywrath-mage - Atos + Aether Lens + Blink + Eul's

Summary: Veil is not bought on Core - Skywrath Mage players at the higher level
--

that's including a limit of two months of competitive matches (nothing too outdated) + higher level public matches + anecdotal experience watching replays and live public matches of today (and tomorrow)

On June 05 2016 03:01 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2016 02:49 Erasme wrote:
Afaik mid skywrath should rush veil too.
But sure why wouldnt you take the words of low 5k or 4ks instead of mine lmao


1. Because they aren't rude in their feedback or make demands
2. Because they don't use their MMR to justify their arguments
3. Because they don't disregard all of the previous conversation
4. Because they explain their suggestions so that it makes sense for everyone (including me)
5. Because they have dedicated a year+ in help and feedback that has been consistently useful

If I want the opinion of higher MMR, there are tools available to gather it, that doesn't make yours more of value than others.
Someone with presumably lower MMR said the same thing as you, but explained their suggestion.


Going to re-emphasize this statement.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15597
Hyuk 49
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
Doublelift5089
Other Games
summit1g8735
FrodaN3355
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft441
KnowMe173
ViBE141
ArmadaUGS98
Mew2King77
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1304
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 54m
INu's Battles
10h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 54m
Replay Cast
21h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.