• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:59
CEST 17:59
KST 00:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9563 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 3

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 381 382 383 Next
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
August 30 2011 01:42 GMT
#41
On August 30 2011 10:17 FinBenton wrote:
When it comes to quality 6Gv2 is as high as any filco board, its a f*****g tank.

I would disagree I had mine for about a month and the letters on the keys had already began to fade. Also the layout is weird with the big ass enter key. I still say Filco is has the best quality.
Whatever happens, happens
Daviran
Profile Joined March 2011
United States21 Posts
August 30 2011 02:08 GMT
#42
I would buy Ducky keyboards from PChome a Taiwanese website, it cost a lot cheaper.
kwan84
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada68 Posts
August 30 2011 02:50 GMT
#43
SS 6gv2 is no where even close to a filco, FinBenton has clearler never seen a filco before and or feel bad because he owns one and I just sticking up for it because he is now realizing he fell for the marketing scam.

Also some noteable I would add to the list are the Nopoo Choc mini (they call it the Happy hacker killer), KBC Poker (both of these are getting pretty good reviews, not only for their small foot print but also the quality, they are on of the few Cherry boards to use POM keys, which on their own will basically never ever wear or shine. I was personally going to get a Choc mini before I settled for my Leopold the only thing that stopped me was I didnt feel like waiting the extra few days to import it from china. Which I am kind of regretting now since for SC2 I really would have loved the close placements of the F-keys.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 01:34:07
August 31 2011 01:31 GMT
#44
On August 29 2011 19:44 Syben wrote:
Can't say i agree with the recommended keyboards part. The Ducky OCN keyboards are NEVER in stock and you don't get anything more out of them then a FILCO or a Leopold. Also for value overall you have the Celeritas? I respectfully disagree...there are quite a few other mechanical keyboards on the market that put it to shame. Your missing a few quality brands. Also alot of the info is somewhat vague and the OP is less of a guide and more of a post with links to guides. I was bored and decided to list some recommended boards.


From what u listed, I don't see ur selections being any different than mine. I decided to pick the one best choice for each category to make it easier for newbies. All boards that have been reviewed seem to have their quirks. Again, the Filco on Amazon is a custom model that's pretty expensive, so I chose the Ducky over it as the better buy, even though Tankguys is periodically ordering batches for the NA market.

the "Q" thread is so disorganized, u could spend days going through it, so I felt TL needed a Mechanical Keyboard Guide.

I'm aware of the issues with the Zowie space bar as well, but it still holds up for the value. Same story with the SS space bar. TT is suppossed to be pretty good.

The list of boards is in the OCN thread. No reason to post it here again like I'm a genius. I just wanted to provide an condense and concise guide for Mechanicals.

On August 30 2011 11:08 Daviran wrote:
I would buy Ducky keyboards from PChome a Taiwanese website, it cost a lot cheaper.


I doubt many TLers are going to try and buy from that website.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
August 31 2011 01:46 GMT
#45
Razer have a silent blackwidow now. It said the keys are 45g, I thought the old one was 50g?
Die tomorrow - Live today
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 31 2011 01:51 GMT
#46
On August 31 2011 10:46 DarKcS wrote:
Razer have a silent blackwidow now. It said the keys are 45g, I thought the old one was 50g?


Same thing, just with cherry browns instead of blues. If it has the same mainboard design(not unlikely, saves costs) then it'll have the same ghosting problems.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
August 31 2011 02:16 GMT
#47
im gonna make this this new mechanical keyboard thread since the op is nicer
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
August 31 2011 02:56 GMT
#48
I bought my choc mini with mx reds from qtan5370 on ebay for $97+$20 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/qtan5370/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

He has a good selection of products for decent prices.
GET SM4SHED
Junbugger
Profile Joined September 2010
United States118 Posts
August 31 2011 05:27 GMT
#49
I just ordered my new Das Keyboard, after hearing that Destiny uses the same kind of keyboard. I'm pretty psyched. Maybe I'll do better in my Masters league :-)
Ai.Cola
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany236 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 07:42:42
August 31 2011 07:42 GMT
#50
Can anybody give me a review on this keyboard?

http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=zibal60

I think it looks totally awesome and an unboxing video i watched for this looked pretty kick-ass aswell.
The prize for this keyboard is relatively high but it should last forever.
Are there any other alternatives or reasons not to buy it?

I especially like that they kept it simple without any useless macro keys.
The removeable wristrest is also a nice feature.
As for the F-keys it is important to me that they are normal keys and therefore accessable to me.
I currently use the Roccat Arvo keyboard (it was a sponsoring "gift") and besides the fact that it is not a mechanical keyboard I strongly dislike the design of the F-keys on it.
check out my stream: http://www.own3d.tv/live/103247/Alien-Invasion_Cola HotS Terran, Grandmaster
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
August 31 2011 08:03 GMT
#51
Any idea where I can get hold of a tenkeyless Filco with blue keys while being in the US? Online purchase preferable.

Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
August 31 2011 08:50 GMT
#52
On August 31 2011 17:03 Gandalf wrote:
Any idea where I can get hold of a tenkeyless Filco with blue keys while being in the US? Online purchase preferable.



elitekeyboards.com

its not filco, but leopold which in my opinion is better than filcos
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
August 31 2011 09:03 GMT
#53
We can add navi Slavik as another steelseries user .. [image loading]

or former..

roflmao I didnt even realise that these keyboards were capable of breaking that way.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
August 31 2011 09:07 GMT
#54
I really want a Majestouch 2 w/ browns, but £109 including VAT is a tad expensive. Could probably afford it if I could find someone to buy my used G19.
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Ai.Cola
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany236 Posts
August 31 2011 09:09 GMT
#55
On August 31 2011 18:03 T0fuuu wrote:
We can add navi Slavik as another steelseries user .. [image loading]

or former..

roflmao I didnt even realise that these keyboards were capable of breaking that way.


Hahaha, that is why I am thinking about that Mionix keyboard
• Rage proof durability
Fends off rage blasts thanks to the 1.6 mm thick steel frame and heavy duty braided cable.
check out my stream: http://www.own3d.tv/live/103247/Alien-Invasion_Cola HotS Terran, Grandmaster
Artrey
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany270 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 10:26:32
August 31 2011 10:24 GMT
#56
You should not forget the extra nerd bonus the "Das Keyboard" has with the ultimate edition not having any button printing. Looks so sleek and awesome and I totally love mine. :-)

[image loading]

- and the european version of it has a "real" enter key, not just that small one on the picture.
Quartal
Profile Joined April 2011
140 Posts
August 31 2011 11:26 GMT
#57
Just received a full sized (non tenkeyless) Leopold with Cherry MX Browns. It was $40 cheaper than any daskeyboard, Filco (fullsized or tenkeyless) or Ducky I could find. I love the feel of the keys and the detachable cable is very nice. One thing i do have a gripe against is one stand is shorter than the other -_- meaning that if i use the numpad whilst using the two keyboard raiser thingies, it wobbles a bit. Also some keys have a very slight 'ring' whilst others do not.

Can't comment on a Leopold vs Filco since I've never owned one myself, but I did seriously consider getting a Filco, but in the end I think saving $40 was worth it since most people seem to think they're about the same.

One more thing, many people say the tenkeyless is better for gaming than full size, since both your hands are closer together, and while I believe this is true to a certain extent, not having a numpad only saves around 10cm of room and it isn't really uncomfortable to use a full size keyboard and mouse together
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
August 31 2011 12:08 GMT
#58
On August 31 2011 20:26 iREight wrote:
Just received a full sized (non tenkeyless) Leopold with Cherry MX Browns. It was $40 cheaper than any daskeyboard, Filco (fullsized or tenkeyless) or Ducky I could find. I love the feel of the keys and the detachable cable is very nice. One thing i do have a gripe against is one stand is shorter than the other -_- meaning that if i use the numpad whilst using the two keyboard raiser thingies, it wobbles a bit. Also some keys have a very slight 'ring' whilst others do not.

Can't comment on a Leopold vs Filco since I've never owned one myself, but I did seriously consider getting a Filco, but in the end I think saving $40 was worth it since most people seem to think they're about the same.

One more thing, many people say the tenkeyless is better for gaming than full size, since both your hands are closer together, and while I believe this is true to a certain extent, not having a numpad only saves around 10cm of room and it isn't really uncomfortable to use a full size keyboard and mouse together


my mouse isnt even close to my numpad. tenkeyless is only better for gaming if you really have them right next to each other, i doubt that there are many people where that is the case
zeeQue
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom184 Posts
August 31 2011 12:34 GMT
#59
Seeing as it's changed threads I'll ask again here =)


Anyone on here had experience with "Alp" switches, I believe the most common are white and black, I've found a keyboard with blue alps on at around £40 on Ebay, but before I go into buying one wanna see what people say, the research I've done so far say they are a very good switch type and the videos I've seen they have a nice sound to them with the tactile feedback
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 13:35:32
August 31 2011 13:35 GMT
#60
On August 31 2011 21:34 zeeQue wrote:
Seeing as it's changed threads I'll ask again here =)


Anyone on here had experience with "Alp" switches, I believe the most common are white and black, I've found a keyboard with blue alps on at around £40 on Ebay, but before I go into buying one wanna see what people say, the research I've done so far say they are a very good switch type and the videos I've seen they have a nice sound to them with the tactile feedback


black alps are considered a bad mechanical switch. also there is like a simple and a comlicated version of the switch. the simple ones are also considered shit i believe.

just speaking from what ive heard, never used one
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 381 382 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 70
UpATreeSC 40
mouzHeroMarine 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40689
Calm 4014
Bisu 2049
FanTaSy 1580
Shuttle 1561
Mini 794
EffOrt 418
Rush 356
Soma 349
actioN 318
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 290
Stork 288
firebathero 203
Snow 184
Light 183
ZerO 137
Dewaltoss 106
Barracks 84
Zeus 68
Sea.KH 55
Shinee 48
hero 46
Killer 42
Sharp 37
Hyun 35
Pusan 34
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 27
Yoon 25
Free 24
soO 22
Shine 21
HiyA 16
sorry 16
yabsab 16
PianO 15
Aegong 14
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8346
Dendi1018
XaKoH 76
League of Legends
KnowMe45
Counter-Strike
x6flipin852
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes582
Other Games
singsing2493
hiko1618
FrodaN497
Beastyqt410
B2W.Neo316
mouzStarbuck306
byalli245
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX168
Hui .164
RotterdaM89
C9.Mang076
Trikslyr58
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV307
League of Legends
• Nemesis3110
Other Games
• Shiphtur819
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 16m
Replay Cast
7h 1m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.