• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7593 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 356

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 354 355 356 357 358 653 Next
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-13 22:58:37
July 13 2013 22:57 GMT
#7101
On July 14 2013 07:52 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 07:09 Spec wrote:
On July 14 2013 05:42 Ropid wrote:
On July 14 2013 03:57 Spec wrote:
I got BSoD recently and did not write down the code in time. As a result, I've been solving my (3) recurring event errors.
I got through two of them smoothly... "Microsoft Security" and "Microsoft-window setup", by removing the respective corrupted files (which was remade after reboot).

The last Warning I could not solve.

It's a Kernal PnP
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.


Have anyone experience with this? I've found some solutions online regarding turning the WUDRd service from manual to automatic, but that actually made things worst on my computer.

My computer specs:
i5 Haswell OC to 4.4 GHz
Asus Z87-A Motherboard
gtx650 ti gigabyte graphics card

The BSoD has only happened once last night, been at least 1 month on this computer. There wasn't any kernal logs recorded except the unexpected reboot errors. I was just browsing when it happened.
Please let me know if more info is needed...


It's the Intel Management Engine device. If you install the drivers/software for it from your motherboard's support website, it should go away, but you can also ignore the error. I think it literally has no use whatsoever on a PC at home and will install and run a bunch of services, so you might be better off not installing the software.

It might also stop being logged as an error if you right-click and disable the unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark icon in the device manager. That one should be the Management Engine device.

EDIT: You might want to try a program called "blue screen view" to see if it finds past bsod's and shows the codes and perhaps some info about if a driver was involved.

Hey thanks for response.
I got BSoD viewer, but there was no log for that crash.
So I saw the unrecognized Simple Communication thing in Device Manager earlier and already figured out it's Intel Management Engine, unfortunately I already installed that program. Is it worth it to go back and uninstall it?
That said, I have the IME installed, but I am still getting the error at boot up.
Lol new update, I re-installed IME and I got the error "Intel Management Interface is being disabled", followed by the old error message that needed the IME.
Is it recommended to ignore this situation?

I'd uninstall everything and ignore the device.

I have seen the software not working anymore after installing a beta BIOS version on a Z77 board. I think the software managing the device is split into two parts. There's what you install on Windows, and there's a module inside the BIOS, and maybe both have to fit together. Intel's website is too confusing to navigate for me, so I gave up trying to find newer versions of the software.
I've had this problem where my computer would get really slow? Like i'm talking at my desktop I'd click something and it'd take longer than usual to open up and stuff like that. When I'd look at my task manager it's that intel process that's showing up then once the sluggishness goes away that process is gone. Whether it's just coincidence or not who knows but I'm wondering if you say it's okay to remove Intel Management and Security Status and I think another one but I'm not sure what the name is. I think Intel Manageability Engine.

Edit: the process was called ismagent.exe
Life..
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
July 13 2013 23:55 GMT
#7102
On July 14 2013 07:57 -RusH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 07:52 Ropid wrote:
On July 14 2013 07:09 Spec wrote:
On July 14 2013 05:42 Ropid wrote:
On July 14 2013 03:57 Spec wrote:
I got BSoD recently and did not write down the code in time. As a result, I've been solving my (3) recurring event errors.
I got through two of them smoothly... "Microsoft Security" and "Microsoft-window setup", by removing the respective corrupted files (which was remade after reboot).

The last Warning I could not solve.

It's a Kernal PnP
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.


Have anyone experience with this? I've found some solutions online regarding turning the WUDRd service from manual to automatic, but that actually made things worst on my computer.

My computer specs:
i5 Haswell OC to 4.4 GHz
Asus Z87-A Motherboard
gtx650 ti gigabyte graphics card

The BSoD has only happened once last night, been at least 1 month on this computer. There wasn't any kernal logs recorded except the unexpected reboot errors. I was just browsing when it happened.
Please let me know if more info is needed...


It's the Intel Management Engine device. If you install the drivers/software for it from your motherboard's support website, it should go away, but you can also ignore the error. I think it literally has no use whatsoever on a PC at home and will install and run a bunch of services, so you might be better off not installing the software.

It might also stop being logged as an error if you right-click and disable the unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark icon in the device manager. That one should be the Management Engine device.

EDIT: You might want to try a program called "blue screen view" to see if it finds past bsod's and shows the codes and perhaps some info about if a driver was involved.

Hey thanks for response.
I got BSoD viewer, but there was no log for that crash.
So I saw the unrecognized Simple Communication thing in Device Manager earlier and already figured out it's Intel Management Engine, unfortunately I already installed that program. Is it worth it to go back and uninstall it?
That said, I have the IME installed, but I am still getting the error at boot up.
Lol new update, I re-installed IME and I got the error "Intel Management Interface is being disabled", followed by the old error message that needed the IME.
Is it recommended to ignore this situation?

I'd uninstall everything and ignore the device.

I have seen the software not working anymore after installing a beta BIOS version on a Z77 board. I think the software managing the device is split into two parts. There's what you install on Windows, and there's a module inside the BIOS, and maybe both have to fit together. Intel's website is too confusing to navigate for me, so I gave up trying to find newer versions of the software.
I've had this problem where my computer would get really slow? Like i'm talking at my desktop I'd click something and it'd take longer than usual to open up and stuff like that. When I'd look at my task manager it's that intel process that's showing up then once the sluggishness goes away that process is gone. Whether it's just coincidence or not who knows but I'm wondering if you say it's okay to remove Intel Management and Security Status and I think another one but I'm not sure what the name is. I think Intel Manageability Engine.

Edit: the process was called ismagent.exe

You don't need any of that stuff at home most likely. With that management engine an admin can turn PCs on at work at night, let them install updates etc., then turn the PCs off again, all done remotely. I've heard people mention software that comes with motherboards needs the management engine installed, but I've never seen that happen personally.

Before you uninstall it, you could do a System Restore point to be safe. If something goes wrong, you can just go back to that restore point. You'll find it in the Control Panel if you search for "system restore".
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 14 2013 07:38 GMT
#7103
Does anyone know of a Roku channel for Azubu?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Anitano
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam22 Posts
July 14 2013 09:15 GMT
#7104
i need some advices about getting new VGA card for playing STARCRAFT 2, maybe i only need high resolution on SC2, or high if possible, or medium, if fits with my budget. I need FPS as high as possible, about >100FPS with 150/200 units and above
Mainboard: ASrock G31M-VS2. Maybe this too old
DualCore E4500 2,2Ghz
RAM: 2GB
Monitor: 17"
OS: windows 7 pro, 32bit
Res: max with 1280x1024 monitor
_ about money for the card, i have about: 170$, if anyone give me some advices with the price cheaper than 170$, so appriciate
Can you give me advice about new kind of VGA, because in my country, many old VGA disappeared, only exist new kind. Not many shop sell old card anymore
thank you much
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
July 14 2013 09:21 GMT
#7105
Starcraft II is primarily CPU dependent. You need to get a new processor if you want to improve end game performance. A new processor would also entail a new motherboard and memory.
Anitano
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam22 Posts
July 14 2013 09:43 GMT
#7106
I think it depends on VGA, I used to play on Laptop with core i5,4gb ram. with a hd5000 series VGA, can only play with low settings
thank you
really ridiculous
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
July 14 2013 09:47 GMT
#7107
No it does not, a modern core i5 is over 5x faster than the E4500...
Anitano
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam22 Posts
July 14 2013 10:23 GMT
#7108
i knew it, but when i play with core i5, still playable with medium setting, can't have higher resolution
wonder why ? the FPS always <30 when combat with my laptop
about desktop don't know what to do with my desktop now, i bought it since 2006, till now, rofl


FallenStar
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain118 Posts
July 14 2013 18:11 GMT
#7109
A friend wants to buy a gaming laptop that he would also like to use for the university (he will most surely do a computer engineering degree), and we found for him two laps, but we don't know which one to take.

One's the HP g6-2322er:
+ Show Spoiler +
Processor: 1.9 GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD 7640G
RAM: 6GB (upgradable to 8GB)
Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G/7670M Dual GPU


The other is the HP dv6-6c13ss i7 2670QM:
+ Show Spoiler +
Processor: Intel Core i7 2670QM
RAM: 8GB
Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT


I'm no expert, but I've been googling around for a bit now and I'm not sure which one is better, because the second has a better graphics card (I think?), but I heard that the first's core is better than the second one's for gaming purposes, and we don't know what to pick. Not sure if the post is too long, I hope not, but I didn't want to create a thread just for this.
"Forget about motivation. If you want something, just fucking do it" - Day[9]
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
July 14 2013 19:24 GMT
#7110
On July 15 2013 03:11 FallenStar wrote:
A friend wants to buy a gaming laptop that he would also like to use for the university (he will most surely do a computer engineering degree), and we found for him two laps, but we don't know which one to take.

One's the HP g6-2322er:
+ Show Spoiler +
Processor: 1.9 GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD 7640G
RAM: 6GB (upgradable to 8GB)
Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G/7670M Dual GPU


The other is the HP dv6-6c13ss i7 2670QM:
+ Show Spoiler +
Processor: Intel Core i7 2670QM
RAM: 8GB
Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT


I'm no expert, but I've been googling around for a bit now and I'm not sure which one is better, because the second has a better graphics card (I think?), but I heard that the first's core is better than the second one's for gaming purposes, and we don't know what to pick. Not sure if the post is too long, I hope not, but I didn't want to create a thread just for this.


The second one is notable better in every way unless I am missing something. Just put the parts mentioned in google, it gives you their notebookcheck page, you compare the benchmarks...
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 14 2013 19:28 GMT
#7111
Is it possible to not get two-generations-old hardware for reasonable prices? Is Spanish market that bad? Maybe you could get it from elsewhere in EU. Or look around more. Where are you finding this stuff?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
July 14 2013 20:58 GMT
#7112
On July 14 2013 19:23 Anitano wrote:
i knew it, but when i play with core i5, still playable with medium setting, can't have higher resolution
wonder why ? the FPS always <30 when combat with my laptop
about desktop don't know what to do with my desktop now, i bought it since 2006, till now, rofl




With really bad graphics capability (like integrated..) you can't raise graphical settings without having a low framerate all of the time, but with anything worth a damn you are entirely CPU bound lategame on medium and low settings if not max too. I'd expect a low end desktop card to handle lategame fights with max settings np; my gtx770 does it while throttling to half clock speed for power saving, and i have an insane CPU keeping framerates and demand on the graphics card up.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
FallenStar
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain118 Posts
July 14 2013 21:02 GMT
#7113
I'm sure that if we looked around more, maybe we could find something else, but he has a somewhat limited budget (maybe you can get much more than those for 1000 bucks max?)

This is the stuff they sell in the most important stores. Maybe we should try and find something better on the internet? I think we'll have to start over again -.-
"Forget about motivation. If you want something, just fucking do it" - Day[9]
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
July 14 2013 22:45 GMT
#7114
I am using a canon sx30 is. After each picture there is a 2 second "busy" message that prevents me from taking multiple pictures in a row. How do I fix this? Other information that might be relevant:

The camera is fully charged
flash is off
I have tried many different memory cards, best of which is a sandisk ultra 30mb/s 16 gb (I have also tried with no card in at all)
the card is empty
I am taking pictures at the lowest quality.

Thanks
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
July 14 2013 23:06 GMT
#7115
It might just need time to process the image, are other people able to chain shots?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
July 14 2013 23:48 GMT
#7116
On July 15 2013 08:06 Cyro wrote:
It might just need time to process the image, are other people able to chain shots?


yes. It has settings to take pictures at rates upwards of 3200 a second.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 15 2013 00:30 GMT
#7117
Isn't there a "burst" mode setting you use for that?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Anitano
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam22 Posts
July 15 2013 06:20 GMT
#7118
hey guys: Cyro , skyR:
but let imagine: if I have this setting pc
_ core i5 3530 with 3ghz
RAM: 8gb ,1600ghz
main intel BL KDZ77 SL 50K
vga GIGABYTE chipset GTXA 650TI

Does that settings fit with my Monitor? I still use old monitor sony 17", not widescreen, it's fairly square with max res 1280x1024 monitor
Do I need to change my monitor into widescreen for New coming PC ? or still keep using that old ?
thanks
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
July 15 2013 07:50 GMT
#7119
On July 15 2013 15:20 Anitano wrote:
hey guys: Cyro , skyR:
but let imagine: if I have this setting pc
_ core i5 3530 with 3ghz
RAM: 8gb ,1600ghz
main intel BL KDZ77 SL 50K
vga GIGABYTE chipset GTXA 650TI

Does that settings fit with my Monitor? I still use old monitor sony 17", not widescreen, it's fairly square with max res 1280x1024 monitor
Do I need to change my monitor into widescreen for New coming PC ? or still keep using that old ?
thanks


You can keep using your old monitor. I would put a new monitor high on your wishlist though, since you'll get a much better experience from a 20+" HD monitor.
Such flammable little insects!
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 20:57:08
July 15 2013 20:55 GMT
#7120
Hey. So my BSoD returned.
I had the settings for it to stay at that page now, but it only said Uncorrectable Hardware Problem occurred.
My cpu temp was max mid 60s at the time. I wasn't doing much at the time, not streaming, just had some tabs, skype chat, SC2, and music playing.
I feel dumb to ask, but what are the most likely candidate causes? What should I do?
Is this what would happen if OC needs more voltage?

I couldn't find my minidump file because I didn't have it enabled. I have it enabled now, so I should turn on paging on my SSD right?
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
Prev 1 354 355 356 357 358 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.