• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:59
CEST 16:59
KST 23:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9864 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 253

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 251 252 253 254 255 653 Next
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 05:28:29
December 28 2012 05:26 GMT
#5041
LoL doesnt use much of anything. GPU wise its about as basic as it gets. CPU wise there arent many units to path around and the pathing is a lot more basic than starcraft 2. The pathing also has bugs and wonky stuff in it so I'd imagine its a very very CPU light pathing algorithm.

Its basically the ideal game to stream. Hyperthreading is entirely unnecessary.

I think my i3-2100 does 30 FPS streaming fine.
twitch.tv/medrea
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
December 28 2012 08:41 GMT
#5042
I have custom cooler which is one of the better on the market. The name I can't remember. Its OC'ed to 4 ghz.

I will try another screen capture method dxtory. How well do they transmit to twitch? The antec is a large tower with plenty of room.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
December 28 2012 09:47 GMT
#5043
Any help will be MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!
Looking for a new laptop:

- CPU/Graphics card/RAM: be able to run sc2 at low-medium settings without graphical or system lag late game( 20fps+), while running skype and web browser
- 11-13 inch monitor
- solid state drive, low capacity is ok 100GB is fine
- standard office/study usage, NO need for photoshop/ video editing etc.
- NO need for streaming
- NO need for portable gaming, i can plug into a monitor
- relatively ok shipping to Sydney, Australia( i can look this up)
- decent brand: asus, toshiba, fujitsu etc.
- preferable with battery life 3.5hours + long( non- gaming)
- 1 year+ warranty

im terrible with computers so please forgive me for lack of clarity (no specs) and thus my need for advice here
if someone can PM me for a price range suggestion or any models it would be absolutely fantastic!!!
thank you very much in advance (:
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 28 2012 16:57 GMT
#5044
If you dont need portable gaming its often more fiscally responsible to buy a desktop for gaming and a separate laptop for productivity.

We need to know a budget though...
twitch.tv/medrea
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
December 28 2012 17:42 GMT
#5045
At the kind of budget for a laptop to run SC2 at low-medium, I don't think you're going to be able to squeeze in both a desktop and a laptop, unless lowest-end netbooks are considered usably fast.

Might have to add the SSD yourself, unless you're looking at a more premium budget range where getting two devices would be easily possible.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 28 2012 18:36 GMT
#5046
Gaming laptops with 100gb SSD's. Do they even make budget laptops like that?
twitch.tv/medrea
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 28 2012 19:46 GMT
#5047
On December 28 2012 17:41 Advocado wrote:
I have custom cooler which is one of the better on the market. The name I can't remember. Its OC'ed to 4 ghz.

I will try another screen capture method dxtory. How well do they transmit to twitch? The antec is a large tower with plenty of room.


Screen capture methods should all be the same output, only difference being performance of the game
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
December 28 2012 19:55 GMT
#5048
On December 29 2012 03:36 Medrea wrote:
Gaming laptops with 100gb SSD's. Do they even make budget laptops like that?

No, AFAIK. Cheapest stuff with SSD drives of 100+ GB (i.e. not a cache via Intel SRT) are probably, say... certain Ultrabooks on a sale? That can't run SC2 on medium shaders, mostly.

On second thought, finding something 11-13" with a respected dedicated video card is hard enough aside from a couple models (e.g. based on Clevo W110ER). And you may have to add the SSD yourself.

Even just for low settings, it's getting harder to find things without Intel ULV. Consumers seem to want laptops around 15", and the few that aren't seem to have other ideas in mind like minimal cost or minimal size/weight.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 28 2012 20:00 GMT
#5049
Well. Speculation is good. But lets see what we have with a budget. I've already declared my bias though.
twitch.tv/medrea
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
December 28 2012 21:36 GMT
#5050
If I buy a SSD, will it make my windows start up faster? And will it boot Sc2 faster as well?

This is a stupid question I'm sure, but I'm hoping someone has a simple answer for me. Thanks guys.
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 22:02:24
December 28 2012 22:02 GMT
#5051
Yes. With proper use.
twitch.tv/medrea
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
December 29 2012 01:44 GMT
#5052
On December 29 2012 06:36 LovE- wrote:
If I buy a SSD, will it make my windows start up faster? And will it boot Sc2 faster as well?

This is a stupid question I'm sure, but I'm hoping someone has a simple answer for me. Thanks guys.

Windows loads significantly faster. Assuming SC2 is also installed on the SSD, it should load faster as well.

I haven't timed my boot time in awhile, but cold boot to desktop is <1 minute easily.
twitch.tv/cratonz
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 01:45:37
December 29 2012 01:45 GMT
#5053
On December 29 2012 10:44 Craton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 06:36 LovE- wrote:
If I buy a SSD, will it make my windows start up faster? And will it boot Sc2 faster as well?

This is a stupid question I'm sure, but I'm hoping someone has a simple answer for me. Thanks guys.

Windows loads significantly faster. Assuming SC2 is also installed on the SSD, it should load faster as well.

I haven't timed my boot time in awhile, but cold boot to desktop is <1 minute easily.


Just bear in mind, games like SC2, you loading faster won't stop you from waiting on your opponent, except at initial load into the client. It may also help some with stuttering during your first game of the session when resources get loaded to memory, but that's going to depend on other factors as well.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
December 29 2012 04:38 GMT
#5054
Hello sirs. I've been using proper music headphones while gaming as well as a clip-on mic, a Zalman ZMic1 or something. Unfortunately the thing picks up a lot of background noise, and so when I game with friends on Skype they hear the background, notably my mechanical keyboard a lot louder than we hear other mechanical keyboards from people who have proper gaming headsets with background filtering microphones.

I was wondering if there are background filtering standalone microphones (or maybe just software that could do a decent job of it). I prefer clip-on mics, but I would also be willing to use a "desktop" unit, provided it doesn't look like a hunk of trash that I have to look at all day.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
December 29 2012 04:45 GMT
#5055
On December 29 2012 10:45 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 10:44 Craton wrote:
On December 29 2012 06:36 LovE- wrote:
If I buy a SSD, will it make my windows start up faster? And will it boot Sc2 faster as well?

This is a stupid question I'm sure, but I'm hoping someone has a simple answer for me. Thanks guys.

Windows loads significantly faster. Assuming SC2 is also installed on the SSD, it should load faster as well.

I haven't timed my boot time in awhile, but cold boot to desktop is <1 minute easily.


Just bear in mind, games like SC2, you loading faster won't stop you from waiting on your opponent, except at initial load into the client. It may also help some with stuttering during your first game of the session when resources get loaded to memory, but that's going to depend on other factors as well.


Yeah I totally get that.. it's just right now as it is I have to wait about 1-2 mins just to enter my password.. and then another 1-2 mins before I am able to even queue a match. Same thing with Windows

I don't know if I should buy a SSD or up my RAM (Only at 4gb currently) But I've been told a SSD will treat me better.
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
December 29 2012 04:47 GMT
#5056
My mouse is randomly behaving as though the left mouse button is depressed even when it isn't. If I shake/press the buttons a bunch it improves for a while. Is this problem likely with the mouse or digital? I'm looking into swapping the mouse with another computer.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
December 29 2012 04:52 GMT
#5057
Try cleaning the mouse first. High content rubbing alcohol in the grooves around the button, or you can look for a guide to disassemble it if you're feeling adventurous.
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
December 29 2012 07:52 GMT
#5058
On December 29 2012 04:55 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 03:36 Medrea wrote:
Gaming laptops with 100gb SSD's. Do they even make budget laptops like that?

No, AFAIK. Cheapest stuff with SSD drives of 100+ GB (i.e. not a cache via Intel SRT) are probably, say... certain Ultrabooks on a sale? That can't run SC2 on medium shaders, mostly.

On second thought, finding something 11-13" with a respected dedicated video card is hard enough aside from a couple models (e.g. based on Clevo W110ER). And you may have to add the SSD yourself.

Even just for low settings, it's getting harder to find things without Intel ULV. Consumers seem to want laptops around 15", and the few that aren't seem to have other ideas in mind like minimal cost or minimal size/weight.


ah thanks so much.
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 08:17:39
December 29 2012 08:17 GMT
#5059
On December 29 2012 13:47 micronesia wrote:
My mouse is randomly behaving as though the left mouse button is depressed even when it isn't. If I shake/press the buttons a bunch it improves for a while. Is this problem likely with the mouse or digital? I'm looking into swapping the mouse with another computer.

Can't hurt to try it on another computer, but it sounds like a problem with the mouse. I had a similar ghosting problem with my Razer Deathadder after about 6 months.

Incidentally, I recommend strongly against anything Razer. I've never had anything from them that wasn't low quality compared to its price and/or died/went bad well before it should. The only exception is their glorified paperweight mouse bungee-like thing, but considering it really is just a spring-loaded paperweight I should hope there are no issues.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 29 2012 08:30 GMT
#5060
On December 29 2012 17:17 Craton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 13:47 micronesia wrote:
My mouse is randomly behaving as though the left mouse button is depressed even when it isn't. If I shake/press the buttons a bunch it improves for a while. Is this problem likely with the mouse or digital? I'm looking into swapping the mouse with another computer.

Can't hurt to try it on another computer, but it sounds like a problem with the mouse. I had a similar ghosting problem with my Razer Deathadder after about 6 months.

Incidentally, I recommend strongly against anything Razer. I've never had anything from them that wasn't low quality compared to its price and/or died/went bad well before it should. The only exception is their glorified paperweight mouse bungee-like thing, but considering it really is just a spring-loaded paperweight I should hope there are no issues.


Sadly Razer are pretty much the only guys who actually make properly functional mice. The tracking speed and lack of acceleration or other flaws on the deathadder are unparallelled
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 251 252 253 254 255 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 685
ComeBackTV 482
SteadfastSC357
Rex135
CosmosSc2 59
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 357
ProTech139
Rex 135
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47426
Jaedong 1276
Hyuk 908
Soma 845
Mini 630
BeSt 571
Horang2 568
Soulkey 431
EffOrt 427
Larva 391
[ Show more ]
Stork 326
ZerO 325
Last 265
Snow 255
ggaemo 253
Rush 222
Killer 78
hero 76
Mind 62
Free 53
Shinee 38
sorry 35
Shine 30
Sharp 30
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Terrorterran 22
Trap 17
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7996
qojqva1183
Dendi806
Counter-Strike
Fnx 694
x6flipin248
markeloff125
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2294
Khaldor1935
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2955
singsing2108
olofmeister1266
hiko925
B2W.Neo869
byalli402
Liquid`VortiX179
KnowMe117
Mew2King79
QueenE78
Trikslyr17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Railgan13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH303
• Kozan
• mYiSmile10
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1970
League of Legends
• Nemesis1811
• Jankos1255
• TFBlade760
Other Games
• Shiphtur275
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 1m
OSC
22h 1m
Stellar Fest
22h 1m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.