• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11414 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 252

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 653 Next
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 25 2012 02:11 GMT
#5021
So I just got my miniDP <-> DP adapter in the mail and installed my new 7950 with no problems. I'm wanting to begin overclocking and want to stress test it along the way. Any GPU stress test program recommendations?
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
December 25 2012 05:59 GMT
#5022
On December 25 2012 09:30 Risljaninasim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2012 07:50 n.DieJokes wrote:
Can I uninstall sc2 beta without it affect sc2 proper. It's like 2 gigs sitting there and I'm not sure if I need it


If you uninstall the Hots beta it will have no effect on Wings of Liberty, if that is what you mean.

No I mean the original beta
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 08:05:34
December 25 2012 08:04 GMT
#5023
Im looking for power cable for my old Xbox360 (That one with no HDMI) It got 6 enteries, Cant find one and I want to give it away. Do you know where I can find it ?
Risljaninasim
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands228 Posts
December 25 2012 09:17 GMT
#5024
On December 25 2012 14:59 n.DieJokes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2012 09:30 Risljaninasim wrote:
On December 25 2012 07:50 n.DieJokes wrote:
Can I uninstall sc2 beta without it affect sc2 proper. It's like 2 gigs sitting there and I'm not sure if I need it


If you uninstall the Hots beta it will have no effect on Wings of Liberty, if that is what you mean.

No I mean the original beta


It won't affect it.
;;
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 15:09:45
December 25 2012 13:10 GMT
#5025
So... i got a problem with my gpu, the temps will just go right up sometiems for no reason AT ALL

i'm sitting at idle monitoring since i just got 3 BSOD because of GPU, MSI afterburner shows 0% activity on both cores, 40 and 38°C, then it does up by 20° with no fan speed change, no nothing (gtx 590), it stays there a bit, then goes back down to about 46/43° a few minutes later (knowing it's pretty damn clod where i am right now, no more then like 15° ambiant temp)

CPU doing all this stays at generally 30° ...

Edit : so apparently may not be the GPU, but any hardware malfunction.... why oh why today.... FML
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 17:29:48
December 25 2012 17:28 GMT
#5026
On December 25 2012 17:04 NIIINO wrote:
Im looking for power cable for my old Xbox360 (That one with no HDMI) It got 6 enteries, Cant find one and I want to give it away. Do you know where I can find it ?


The component cables? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103251

Those? You might be able to find them in an electronic store, but online is probably your best bet.

Edit: Make sure you get one with the Red/blue/green ones. Red/white/yellow is for standard definition.
chino891
Profile Joined October 2011
United States26 Posts
December 25 2012 18:09 GMT
#5027
I'm at my grandmother's for a couple of days for Christmas. The only monitor I can use is an ooooolllldddd VGA, but the video card on the computer I brought to play SC2 (an old one) does not have a VGA input, and my integrated card is insufficient. So, my question is, can I somehow plug the VGA into my integrated card but continue to use my discrete card?
A sucker is born again every minute.
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
December 25 2012 18:32 GMT
#5028
You cant. Buy an adapter. Yes even hdmi can be scaled down to vga. It'll look like shit but it'll be playable.
chino891
Profile Joined October 2011
United States26 Posts
December 25 2012 18:33 GMT
#5029
It's Christmas, can't get an adapter! I have an old one at home (two hours away), but I forgot to bring it. Meh.

Thanks!
A sucker is born again every minute.
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
December 26 2012 08:52 GMT
#5030
I have a question. What is the absolute cheapest cpu I can get that will run sc2 at 60 fps constantly (1v1). I know my old Phenom II x6 could do it as I used to have vsync on and it was only at 3.34 GHz.
ok
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
December 26 2012 10:18 GMT
#5031
None, i dunno where your phenom came from but mine can't.
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
December 26 2012 10:28 GMT
#5032
On December 26 2012 19:18 Rachnar wrote:
None, i dunno where your phenom came from but mine can't.

Not at max settings. I usually ran at medium settings w/ all CPU settings on low. Right now im leaning towards the Pentium G645 as I have seen a review on it that shows it running sc2 with ultra CPU settings (and all video settings turned to low along with low res) to test it and it looks pretty solid. Its not going to be permanent, its just going to hole me over until I can get an i5.
ok
Risljaninasim
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands228 Posts
December 26 2012 10:50 GMT
#5033
On December 26 2012 19:28 LgNKami wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2012 19:18 Rachnar wrote:
None, i dunno where your phenom came from but mine can't.

Not at max settings. I usually ran at medium settings w/ all CPU settings on low. Right now im leaning towards the Pentium G645 as I have seen a review on it that shows it running sc2 with ultra CPU settings (and all video settings turned to low along with low res) to test it and it looks pretty solid. Its not going to be permanent, its just going to hole me over until I can get an i5.


You might as well just wait for an i5. Because an other cpu for achieving 60fps won't be much cheaper.
;;
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
December 26 2012 11:26 GMT
#5034
On December 26 2012 19:50 Risljaninasim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2012 19:28 LgNKami wrote:
On December 26 2012 19:18 Rachnar wrote:
None, i dunno where your phenom came from but mine can't.

Not at max settings. I usually ran at medium settings w/ all CPU settings on low. Right now im leaning towards the Pentium G645 as I have seen a review on it that shows it running sc2 with ultra CPU settings (and all video settings turned to low along with low res) to test it and it looks pretty solid. Its not going to be permanent, its just going to hole me over until I can get an i5.


You might as well just wait for an i5. Because an other cpu for achieving 60fps won't be much cheaper.

I'd rather not though as I cannot get any better with the PC I have now.
ok
carmon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States220 Posts
December 27 2012 00:06 GMT
#5035
Quick question, my new computer randomly gets bsod from time to time, and the message that pops up mentions memory. The specs of the ram are 9-9-9-24-2N but cpu-z shows it being 9-9-9-24-1T would changing the command rate fix this issue?
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
December 27 2012 00:07 GMT
#5036
Does a BSoD ever not mention memory locations?
twitch.tv/cratonz
OldMakondo
Profile Joined December 2012
Spain1 Post
December 27 2012 19:25 GMT
#5037
Question about Cyborg RAT 9. Will the metal piece of the back of the mouse (see picture below) touch my hand or will it bother me in any way?

Pictures in response will be appreciated.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
December 27 2012 20:13 GMT
#5038
ASROCK P67 PRO3
INTEL Core i5-2500K/3.3GHz 6MB 1 - LGA1155
KINGSTON 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 1
GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1 Go GDDR5

Can anyone help me understand where my bottleneck is? I am having trouble streaming esp. LoL at a stable framerate. SC2 is okay at decent framerate, but not amazing. I guess I should try and squeeze out more power from my CPU but I feel like OC is difficult with my old antec cabinet.

Happy new year to everyone.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
December 28 2012 00:59 GMT
#5039
Probably your CPU. Try using Dxtory as your screen capture method.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
December 28 2012 01:02 GMT
#5040
What's CPU utilization of LoL without streaming?

Bottleneck is either upload speed / improper stream settings or CPU (overclock that thing).

If you have an unusually restrictive case, you can open the side panel if you don't mind the extra dust going in and sound going out. The CPU cooler is more of a consideration for CPU temperatures except when looking at the extremes of chassis airflow (very restricted compared to a lot). That said, an older case may not support a larger tower cooler.
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 70
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 252
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5092
Liquid`Hasu1886
Other Games
summit1g6315
shahzam470
byalli373
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC75
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 24m
Stellar Fest
15h 24m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.