• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:28
CEST 05:28
KST 12:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9789 users

4.11.0 Patch - Major balance changes, Mengsk Commander - P…

Forum Index > SC2 General
240 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Majick
Profile Joined August 2016
416 Posts
November 27 2019 18:45 GMT
#61
On November 28 2019 03:37 BaneRiders wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 03:27 91matt wrote:
On November 28 2019 03:23 BaneRiders wrote:
What are the odds of Blizzard rolling back to the previous patch?

0% chance


So we are stuck with these ramps then, until they find a solution? Like patch 4.11.1?

They are currently testing whether island maps could be a thing. Who knows, might even stay like that.
Snakestyle11
Profile Joined December 2018
191 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 19:10:30
November 27 2019 19:02 GMT
#62
On November 28 2019 03:03 Big-t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 02:44 Majick wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:40 norlock wrote:
Why don't they nerf the range of the queen? I don't know why such a unit should have such a huge range, when libs, warp prism, etc all get nerfed in range. I think it should be a t1 unit to just survive air at the opening phase of the game. It's role is too generic like the infestor was/is in my opinion, what do you think?


I think the queen should be even stronger but there should be a limit of 1 queen per hatch so that massing is not an option. I hate it that I have to build so many queens to survive early game without falling behind.


This. I hate watching mass queens and I think it is the real reason zerg was / is so strong. One queen per hatch could solve this. Maybe buff the queen a bit, but I think it is not Ok that Zergs just mass queens the whole time. But yeah, anti air range feals to be too much.


I mean they keep adding units and strategies that forces zerg to mass more queens. In todays game, if you dont mass queen you die against half the meta builds out there.
Majick
Profile Joined August 2016
416 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 19:11:31
November 27 2019 19:11 GMT
#63
On November 28 2019 04:02 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 03:03 Big-t wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:44 Majick wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:40 norlock wrote:
Why don't they nerf the range of the queen? I don't know why such a unit should have such a huge range, when libs, warp prism, etc all get nerfed in range. I think it should be a t1 unit to just survive air at the opening phase of the game. It's role is too generic like the infestor was/is in my opinion, what do you think?


I think the queen should be even stronger but there should be a limit of 1 queen per hatch so that massing is not an option. I hate it that I have to build so many queens to survive early game without falling behind.


This. I hate watching mass queens and I think it is the real reason zerg was / is so strong. One queen per hatch could solve this. Maybe buff the queen a bit, but I think it is not Ok that Zergs just mass queens the whole time. But yeah, anti air range feals to be too much.



I mean they keep adding units and strategies that forces zerg to mass more queens. In todays game, if you dont mass queen you die against half the meta builds out there.


That's exactly what I was talking about when complaining about queens. As a Zerg I hate that I have to build them. It feels so lame but still you have no choice for the reasons you mentioned. It's the same with massing spellcasters in the late game. Zerg race design was butchered because Blizz added units to other races that were unbeatable without bullshit like mass queens or infestors.
Big-t
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria1351 Posts
November 27 2019 19:11 GMT
#64
On November 28 2019 04:02 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 03:03 Big-t wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:44 Majick wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:40 norlock wrote:
Why don't they nerf the range of the queen? I don't know why such a unit should have such a huge range, when libs, warp prism, etc all get nerfed in range. I think it should be a t1 unit to just survive air at the opening phase of the game. It's role is too generic like the infestor was/is in my opinion, what do you think?


I think the queen should be even stronger but there should be a limit of 1 queen per hatch so that massing is not an option. I hate it that I have to build so many queens to survive early game without falling behind.


This. I hate watching mass queens and I think it is the real reason zerg was / is so strong. One queen per hatch could solve this. Maybe buff the queen a bit, but I think it is not Ok that Zergs just mass queens the whole time. But yeah, anti air range feals to be too much.


I mean they keep adding units and strategies that forces zerg to mass more queens. First it was lib and tankivac added to the already present hellion/banshee play, but now theres super tanky shoot while moving battle cruisers teleporting anywhere in any of your base instantly without vision before the 6minute mark. In low numbers hydras get completely destroyed by BC+hellions and you cannot get enough spire unit in time.

So then, zerg needs 1 queen per hatch to keep inject, and a pack of 4-6+ queens to defend all those air harass but really, you want more queens so you have room for error and dont autodie to 2 bcs.

Im all for nerfing queens, but for the love of god, give us earlier AA unit(ravager should attack air, at 100/100 3 supply its not much to ask).

Alternatively, send BCs back where they belong, as a late game main army unit, not a freaking early game harass tool... Tankivacs were stupid, but current harass bc builds might be even more stupid, design wise.

Sorry for the rant, but it gets triggering to see ppl complain about mass queen yet on the ladder, almost every game i play against a terran they open up with a BC...

Zergs didnt always mass queens, but its kind of hard to defend air harass with lings and roaches. It takes a lot of ling and roaches to kill a battle cruiser. And if you dont have enough AA to kill it fast enough, they kill all your drones while moving/kiting your queen back and teleport home before dying. You NEED mass queens, and its not something you can mass up reactively after scouting BCs...

I promise you if the meta was always straight up bio openings and mass gateway units openings from protoss, zerg would almost never mass queen. It would be 1 per hatch, and 2-3 for creep spread/ AA. Queens are not really good against ground.

You can nerf queens, and zerg will still mass them because its all they have to defend early game stuff from protoss and terran.


Also agree on this, espacialy the ealierer need AA. I feel like the patch did not dealt with the problematic units. It tried to buff underused units tough...
monchi | IdrA | Flash
Obamarauder
Profile Joined June 2015
697 Posts
November 27 2019 19:15 GMT
#65
On November 28 2019 04:02 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 03:03 Big-t wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:44 Majick wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:40 norlock wrote:
Why don't they nerf the range of the queen? I don't know why such a unit should have such a huge range, when libs, warp prism, etc all get nerfed in range. I think it should be a t1 unit to just survive air at the opening phase of the game. It's role is too generic like the infestor was/is in my opinion, what do you think?


I think the queen should be even stronger but there should be a limit of 1 queen per hatch so that massing is not an option. I hate it that I have to build so many queens to survive early game without falling behind.


This. I hate watching mass queens and I think it is the real reason zerg was / is so strong. One queen per hatch could solve this. Maybe buff the queen a bit, but I think it is not Ok that Zergs just mass queens the whole time. But yeah, anti air range feals to be too much.


I mean they keep adding units and strategies that forces zerg to mass more queens. In todays game, if you dont mass queen you die against half the meta builds out there.


Nerf queen and just remove BC teleport completely. its such a dumb gimmick and takes away any strategic aspect. Even terran players dont like BC teleport
Majick
Profile Joined August 2016
416 Posts
November 27 2019 19:30 GMT
#66
On November 28 2019 04:15 Obamarauder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 04:02 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 28 2019 03:03 Big-t wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:44 Majick wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:40 norlock wrote:
Why don't they nerf the range of the queen? I don't know why such a unit should have such a huge range, when libs, warp prism, etc all get nerfed in range. I think it should be a t1 unit to just survive air at the opening phase of the game. It's role is too generic like the infestor was/is in my opinion, what do you think?


I think the queen should be even stronger but there should be a limit of 1 queen per hatch so that massing is not an option. I hate it that I have to build so many queens to survive early game without falling behind.


This. I hate watching mass queens and I think it is the real reason zerg was / is so strong. One queen per hatch could solve this. Maybe buff the queen a bit, but I think it is not Ok that Zergs just mass queens the whole time. But yeah, anti air range feals to be too much.


I mean they keep adding units and strategies that forces zerg to mass more queens. In todays game, if you dont mass queen you die against half the meta builds out there.


Nerf queen and just remove BC teleport completely. its such a dumb gimmick and takes away any strategic aspect. Even terran players dont like BC teleport


It's not only BC that forces you into massing queens early. So many other flying units that can come and kill you. Also hellions, adepts, early tank pushes cannot be defended cost efficiently without queens. Then you have to constantly inject and spread creep as well. If you remove BC teleport, Zergs will still mass queens because they can (and have to).
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 19:35:06
November 27 2019 19:33 GMT
#67
On November 28 2019 04:30 Majick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 04:15 Obamarauder wrote:
On November 28 2019 04:02 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 28 2019 03:03 Big-t wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:44 Majick wrote:
On November 28 2019 02:40 norlock wrote:
Why don't they nerf the range of the queen? I don't know why such a unit should have such a huge range, when libs, warp prism, etc all get nerfed in range. I think it should be a t1 unit to just survive air at the opening phase of the game. It's role is too generic like the infestor was/is in my opinion, what do you think?


I think the queen should be even stronger but there should be a limit of 1 queen per hatch so that massing is not an option. I hate it that I have to build so many queens to survive early game without falling behind.


This. I hate watching mass queens and I think it is the real reason zerg was / is so strong. One queen per hatch could solve this. Maybe buff the queen a bit, but I think it is not Ok that Zergs just mass queens the whole time. But yeah, anti air range feals to be too much.


I mean they keep adding units and strategies that forces zerg to mass more queens. In todays game, if you dont mass queen you die against half the meta builds out there.


Nerf queen and just remove BC teleport completely. its such a dumb gimmick and takes away any strategic aspect. Even terran players dont like BC teleport


It's not only BC that forces you into massing queens early. So many other flying units that can come and kill you. Also hellions, adepts, early tank pushes cannot be defended cost efficiently without queens. Then you have to constantly inject and spread creep as well. If you remove BC teleport, Zergs will still mass queens because they can (and have to).

I'd be down with nerfing queens range and moving hydras to tier one units. Upgrades for hydra would still require a lair. To clarify how this will work effectively, hydras are still speedy on creep for defense and would still be too slow off creep to be effective on offense prior to lair.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Snakestyle11
Profile Joined December 2018
191 Posts
November 27 2019 19:54 GMT
#68
Post above.. But then the liberator problem comes back. Hydras have less range than queens. Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Also current hydras at t1 would still not work because for how much they cost you cant get enough and get them overwhelmed by hellions/bcs.

They would also create super hydra/ling all ins against protoss that would be almost unstoppable.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 20:15:50
November 27 2019 20:14 GMT
#69
On November 28 2019 04:54 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Queens were given extra range primarily for this, but also the strength of tankivacs and possibly 2-1-1 back in 2016. 2-1-1 is a dead build, tankivacs were removed a few months after the queen buff and liberators no longer have the range they used to. On top of that, mapmakers in this day and age are very aware that liberators exist and have that in their mind when they set up their maps.

Functionally, the 8 range anti-air queen is a relic from a time where Zerg had it a lot worse. It has outlived every reason it was implemented for. So I think the question of whether it's still necessary to have that +1 extra range that snipes air units in the middle of the map from the natural is at the very least justified.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
November 27 2019 20:16 GMT
#70
IDD i think queen power creep is a real issue
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 21:21:48
November 27 2019 21:21 GMT
#71
On November 28 2019 05:14 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 04:54 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Queens were given extra range primarily for this, but also the strength of tankivacs and possibly 2-1-1 back in 2016. 2-1-1 is a dead build, tankivacs were removed a few months after the queen buff and liberators no longer have the range they used to. On top of that, mapmakers in this day and age are very aware that liberators exist and have that in their mind when they set up their maps.

Functionally, the 8 range anti-air queen is a relic from a time where Zerg had it a lot worse. It has outlived every reason it was implemented for. So I think the question of whether it's still necessary to have that +1 extra range that snipes air units in the middle of the map from the natural is at the very least justified.


Another great relic of Zerg's struggles in dealing with Liberators is the faster root speed of Spore Crawlers. This is helping us get highly entertaining Zerg late game where creep is all over the map and Spores run around like units and "siege up" almost as fast as Liberators...

disclaimer: sarcasm may have been used
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Allred
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
November 27 2019 21:25 GMT
#72
well from a balance point of view. zealots are now officially awful units...
An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confused way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault. ~William Castle
Snakestyle11
Profile Joined December 2018
191 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 22:14:36
November 27 2019 22:12 GMT
#73
On November 28 2019 05:14 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 04:54 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Queens were given extra range primarily for this, but also the strength of tankivacs and possibly 2-1-1 back in 2016. 2-1-1 is a dead build, tankivacs were removed a few months after the queen buff and liberators no longer have the range they used to. On top of that, mapmakers in this day and age are very aware that liberators exist and have that in their mind when they set up their maps.

Functionally, the 8 range anti-air queen is a relic from a time where Zerg had it a lot worse. It has outlived every reason it was implemented for. So I think the question of whether it's still necessary to have that +1 extra range that snipes air units in the middle of the map from the natural is at the very least justified.


True,It could maybe be reverted to 7 range, especially with WP pick up nerf, lib range nerf, and tankivacs removal.

Too bad they had to break the game even more by adding free teleport battlecruisers that can shoot while moving and be in your main base at the 5minute mark.

Now if you remove 1 range from queens, BCs can just kite them away and kill everything on their path while moving away. Lmao.

Its kind of ridiculous that its viable way to open is with a BC as your first gas unit, and harass workers with it.
Why does every damn terran unit has to be a worker harass unit.

Dont mean to offend anyone, but this is what happen when our game is balanced by the ppl in charge of coop commander. I really think they are the same ppl, and probably dont have the resources they need to properly balance this game or change the design...
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
November 28 2019 01:23 GMT
#74
On November 28 2019 00:20 Harris1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2019 22:26 AttackZerg wrote:
On November 27 2019 20:48 kajtarp wrote:
On November 27 2019 17:36 AttackZerg wrote:
On November 27 2019 16:44 NExt wrote:
Why is everyones SC2 bugging out?? Mine is fine :/

After reading all of the comments, I logged in and played 2 games (got trashed) just fine. They were unranked 1vs1 on NA.


Unranked, bitch please.

I play mostly unranked games. Sometimes I am just not interested in getting crushed.
Started playing in April for the first time ever. =)


Bit offtopic but here it goes anyway:

Isn't in unranked all kinds of MMR's play versus each other?
I think the chance of getting crushed is higher in unranked than in ranked where you actually play vs people with your skill level. Or maybe I'm just wrong


I am newer to this game, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

When I played ranked, I get m3 or d1 almost exclusively (my rank).
When I play unranked I get d3-d2 90% of the time.

When I am playing a few fun games, I find unranked way easier to play.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
November 28 2019 01:59 GMT
#75
On November 28 2019 07:12 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 05:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 28 2019 04:54 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Queens were given extra range primarily for this, but also the strength of tankivacs and possibly 2-1-1 back in 2016. 2-1-1 is a dead build, tankivacs were removed a few months after the queen buff and liberators no longer have the range they used to. On top of that, mapmakers in this day and age are very aware that liberators exist and have that in their mind when they set up their maps.

Functionally, the 8 range anti-air queen is a relic from a time where Zerg had it a lot worse. It has outlived every reason it was implemented for. So I think the question of whether it's still necessary to have that +1 extra range that snipes air units in the middle of the map from the natural is at the very least justified.


True,It could maybe be reverted to 7 range, especially with WP pick up nerf, lib range nerf, and tankivacs removal.

Too bad they had to break the game even more by adding free teleport battlecruisers that can shoot while moving and be in your main base at the 5minute mark.

Now if you remove 1 range from queens, BCs can just kite them away and kill everything on their path while moving away. Lmao.

Its kind of ridiculous that its viable way to open is with a BC as your first gas unit, and harass workers with it.
Why does every damn terran unit has to be a worker harass unit.

Dont mean to offend anyone, but this is what happen when our game is balanced by the ppl in charge of coop commander. I really think they are the same ppl, and probably dont have the resources they need to properly balance this game or change the design...

This is just theory crafting:
I'm not opposed to going a step further to make hydras attainable. Zergs get the least units unlocked per structure built. Pool, hydra den, lurker den, ultra etc... All are buildings that unlock one unit. I would be okay if the roach warren (renamed?) also unlocked hydras that way they can be built without the extra building investment and provide the extra has for more just as earlier.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Allred
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
November 28 2019 02:16 GMT
#76
[/QUOTE]
This is just theory crafting:
I'm not opposed to going a step further to make hydras attainable. Zergs get the least units unlocked per structure built. Pool, hydra den, lurker den, ultra etc... All are buildings that unlock one unit. I would be okay if the roach warren (renamed?) also unlocked hydras that way they can be built without the extra building investment and provide the extra has for more just as earlier.
[/QUOTE]
zerg might only get 1 unit per building, but they only have to build 1 of them.... I wouldn't mind hydras coming out earlier from a design perspective, but it would still need to require a hydra den IMO
An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confused way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault. ~William Castle
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
November 28 2019 04:42 GMT
#77
On November 28 2019 10:59 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 07:12 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 28 2019 05:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 28 2019 04:54 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Queens were given extra range primarily for this, but also the strength of tankivacs and possibly 2-1-1 back in 2016. 2-1-1 is a dead build, tankivacs were removed a few months after the queen buff and liberators no longer have the range they used to. On top of that, mapmakers in this day and age are very aware that liberators exist and have that in their mind when they set up their maps.

Functionally, the 8 range anti-air queen is a relic from a time where Zerg had it a lot worse. It has outlived every reason it was implemented for. So I think the question of whether it's still necessary to have that +1 extra range that snipes air units in the middle of the map from the natural is at the very least justified.


True,It could maybe be reverted to 7 range, especially with WP pick up nerf, lib range nerf, and tankivacs removal.

Too bad they had to break the game even more by adding free teleport battlecruisers that can shoot while moving and be in your main base at the 5minute mark.

Now if you remove 1 range from queens, BCs can just kite them away and kill everything on their path while moving away. Lmao.

Its kind of ridiculous that its viable way to open is with a BC as your first gas unit, and harass workers with it.
Why does every damn terran unit has to be a worker harass unit.

Dont mean to offend anyone, but this is what happen when our game is balanced by the ppl in charge of coop commander. I really think they are the same ppl, and probably dont have the resources they need to properly balance this game or change the design...

This is just theory crafting:
I'm not opposed to going a step further to make hydras attainable. Zergs get the least units unlocked per structure built. Pool, hydra den, lurker den, ultra etc... All are buildings that unlock one unit. I would be okay if the roach warren (renamed?) also unlocked hydras that way they can be built without the extra building investment and provide the extra has for more just as earlier.


Not to nitpick but a roach warren unlocks 2 units right - roach and ravagers?
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 28 2019 07:35 GMT
#78
On November 28 2019 13:42 AttackZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2019 10:59 BisuDagger wrote:
On November 28 2019 07:12 Snakestyle11 wrote:
On November 28 2019 05:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 28 2019 04:54 Snakestyle11 wrote:
Queen were giving extra range so libs cant deny mining til spire unit.

Queens were given extra range primarily for this, but also the strength of tankivacs and possibly 2-1-1 back in 2016. 2-1-1 is a dead build, tankivacs were removed a few months after the queen buff and liberators no longer have the range they used to. On top of that, mapmakers in this day and age are very aware that liberators exist and have that in their mind when they set up their maps.

Functionally, the 8 range anti-air queen is a relic from a time where Zerg had it a lot worse. It has outlived every reason it was implemented for. So I think the question of whether it's still necessary to have that +1 extra range that snipes air units in the middle of the map from the natural is at the very least justified.


True,It could maybe be reverted to 7 range, especially with WP pick up nerf, lib range nerf, and tankivacs removal.

Too bad they had to break the game even more by adding free teleport battlecruisers that can shoot while moving and be in your main base at the 5minute mark.

Now if you remove 1 range from queens, BCs can just kite them away and kill everything on their path while moving away. Lmao.

Its kind of ridiculous that its viable way to open is with a BC as your first gas unit, and harass workers with it.
Why does every damn terran unit has to be a worker harass unit.

Dont mean to offend anyone, but this is what happen when our game is balanced by the ppl in charge of coop commander. I really think they are the same ppl, and probably dont have the resources they need to properly balance this game or change the design...

This is just theory crafting:
I'm not opposed to going a step further to make hydras attainable. Zergs get the least units unlocked per structure built. Pool, hydra den, lurker den, ultra etc... All are buildings that unlock one unit. I would be okay if the roach warren (renamed?) also unlocked hydras that way they can be built without the extra building investment and provide the extra has for more just as earlier.


Not to nitpick but a roach warren unlocks 2 units right - roach and ravagers?

You can't make ravagers without making roaches though
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7420 Posts
November 28 2019 08:47 GMT
#79
Summary:

Zerg:
Queens -1 range
Hydralisk Den moved to Hatchery
Hydralisk move speed off creep -20%
Hydralisk upgrade Muscular Augment move speed aditional 20% off creep

Terran:
Fusion Core build time +20 secs

Thoughts?

Alternative route could be one Queen per Hatchery but buff their damage and maybe give them an energy upgrade. This could bring back the macro hatch (which I always loved)
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
November 28 2019 09:31 GMT
#80
On November 28 2019 17:47 Harris1st wrote:
Summary:

Zerg:
Queens -1 range
Hydralisk Den moved to Hatchery
Hydralisk move speed off creep -20%
Hydralisk upgrade Muscular Augment move speed aditional 20% off creep

Terran:
Fusion Core build time +20 secs

Thoughts?

Alternative route could be one Queen per Hatchery but buff their damage and maybe give them an energy upgrade. This could bring back the macro hatch (which I always loved)


Good ideas but then Spore crawler root speed should also be increased.
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 221
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 548
NaDa 48
TT1 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 681
Other Games
summit1g10295
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King98
ViBE86
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush999
• Lourlo719
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 32m
INu's Battles
8h 32m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 32m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 32m
Replay Cast
19h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.