• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9990 users

Community Feedback Update- April 20 - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
210 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Meepman
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada610 Posts
April 21 2017 18:14 GMT
#121
On April 22 2017 03:11 VHbb wrote:
It's amazing how the community whined about adepts for months, they got nerfed, and immediately after the whine about chargelots starts..

"Chargelots are too good vs zerg right now."

this is beyond absurd


maybe we should just get rid of the lasers?
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
April 21 2017 18:33 GMT
#122
Why do zergs complain about zealots? Other than zealot warp-in, zealots are pretty useless vs ling/bling style, no?
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
April 21 2017 18:36 GMT
#123
On April 22 2017 03:11 VHbb wrote:
It's amazing how the community whined about adepts for months, they got nerfed, and immediately after the whine about chargelots starts..

"Chargelots are too good vs zerg right now."

this is beyond absurd

it's almost as if communities consist of separate people who have separate opinions and once group A is satisfied group B will be unsatisfied and begin complaining

it's almost as if this makes perfect sense
TL+ Member
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
April 21 2017 18:45 GMT
#124
I think there was a poll about races. Zergs were the most on teamliquid, so I'd not be surprised if most balance changes are in favour of zerg just because they're the biggest group (more vocal?).
Argonauta
Profile Joined July 2016
Spain4967 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-04-21 19:20:15
April 21 2017 19:20 GMT
#125
Still waiting any nerf to the carrier, 200/200 air armies are not fun for the game imho
Rogue | Maru | Scarlett | Trap
TL+ Member
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
April 21 2017 19:37 GMT
#126
On April 22 2017 03:45 Shield wrote:
I think there was a poll about races. Zergs were the most on teamliquid, so I'd not be surprised if most balance changes are in favour of zerg just because they're the biggest group (more vocal?).

I've seen some Snute, Scarlett, nerchio, Pigs posting here multiple times and make some good propositions but never been listened by Blizzard.

I don't think they read a lot teamliquid, it seems they rather read reddit and battle net.
FarmI3oy
Profile Joined May 2011
United States255 Posts
April 21 2017 19:38 GMT
#127
Still no discussion of the success of the Faction Wars tourney, and no acknowledgment of the failed LOTV economy model.
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
April 21 2017 19:52 GMT
#128
I think Zealots should do less damage but have more HP or shields. They wouldn't be as great end game as random mineral dump harass units since they would do less damage but they still might be useful to your army as 3/3/3 meat shields.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
StraKo
Profile Joined February 2017
Germany96 Posts
April 21 2017 19:57 GMT
#129
On April 22 2017 04:38 FarmI3oy wrote:
Still no discussion of the success of the Faction Wars tourney, and no acknowledgment of the failed LOTV economy model.

I think this will be the next big topic to discuss. The economy is such a fundamental part of SC2 and RTS in general and LotV proved that the current economy is not optimal for the gameplay.
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-04-21 20:06:21
April 21 2017 19:57 GMT
#130
I've seen some Snute, Scarlett, nerchio, Pigs posting here multiple times and make some good propositions but never been listened by Blizzard.

I don't think they read a lot teamliquid, it seems they rather read reddit and battle net.

I'd be very surprised if the balance team actually read any posts on TL/Reddit/Bnet in depth. Of course they have to say that they're "listening to the community" for PR purposes, but Blizzard gets specific feedback directly from Afreeca and pros. Undoubtedly, they also have a bunch of internal data analytics on ladder games and winrates and so forth. Combined, that gives them pretty solid coverage of the entire playerbase.

They probably skim the forums to make sure they haven't missed a big issue that everyone's complaining about, but no more than that.

I mean, if I was a Blizzard dev, there's no way I would do more than that. Nothing more frustrating as a professional engineer than having some idiot without the slightest understanding of your job try and tell you how to do it (I get quite enough of that already, thanks). If you throw in the sheer amount of toxic/whine/shit posting that floats around these forums on top of that, I wouldn't go near it without a ten-foot pole, a hazmat suit, and a flamethrower.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
April 21 2017 20:13 GMT
#131
On April 22 2017 04:57 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
I've seen some Snute, Scarlett, nerchio, Pigs posting here multiple times and make some good propositions but never been listened by Blizzard.

I don't think they read a lot teamliquid, it seems they rather read reddit and battle net.

I'd be very surprised if the balance team actually read any posts on TL/Reddit/Bnet in depth. Of course they have to say that they're "listening to the community" for PR purposes, but Blizzard gets specific feedback directly from Afreeca and pros. Undoubtedly, they also have a bunch of internal data analytics on ladder games and winrates and so forth. Combined, that gives them pretty solid coverage of the entire playerbase.

They probably skim the forums to make sure they haven't missed a big issue that everyone's complaining about, but no more than that.

I mean, if I was a Blizzard dev, there's no way I would do more than that. Nothing more frustrating as a professional engineer than having some idiot without the slightest understanding of your job try and tell you how to do it (I get quite enough of that already, thanks). If you throw in the sheer amount of toxic/whine/shit posting that floats around these forums on top of that, I wouldn't go near it without a ten-foot pole, a hazmat suit, and a flamethrower.


And that's why you don't sell any games. Games are sold to people not to pro gamers. Same with software (I'm a software developer). Applications and games are for people. The moment you refuse to listen to them, you're out of business.
bela.mervado
Profile Joined December 2008
Hungary417 Posts
April 21 2017 20:14 GMT
#132
what about increasing the food usage by about +50% for every air unit?
late game air only comps would be much weaker,
but before limit they would behave similar to current game (op or not).
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-04-21 20:23:54
April 21 2017 20:20 GMT
#133
And that's why you don't sell any games. Games are sold to people not to pro gamers. Same with software (I'm a software developer). Applications and games are for people. The moment you refuse to listen to them, you're out of business.

Software dev? Pleased to meet you, so am I, as you could probably tell by my username.

I don't work with games (never liked C++), and even if I did, selling them is marketing's job. I'm an engineer. Division of labor means I can happily give no fucks whatsoever about what the consumers think.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
FarmI3oy
Profile Joined May 2011
United States255 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-04-21 20:22:30
April 21 2017 20:21 GMT
#134
On April 22 2017 05:13 Shield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2017 04:57 pvsnp wrote:
I've seen some Snute, Scarlett, nerchio, Pigs posting here multiple times and make some good propositions but never been listened by Blizzard.

I don't think they read a lot teamliquid, it seems they rather read reddit and battle net.

I'd be very surprised if the balance team actually read any posts on TL/Reddit/Bnet in depth. Of course they have to say that they're "listening to the community" for PR purposes, but Blizzard gets specific feedback directly from Afreeca and pros. Undoubtedly, they also have a bunch of internal data analytics on ladder games and winrates and so forth. Combined, that gives them pretty solid coverage of the entire playerbase.

They probably skim the forums to make sure they haven't missed a big issue that everyone's complaining about, but no more than that.

I mean, if I was a Blizzard dev, there's no way I would do more than that. Nothing more frustrating as a professional engineer than having some idiot without the slightest understanding of your job try and tell you how to do it (I get quite enough of that already, thanks). If you throw in the sheer amount of toxic/whine/shit posting that floats around these forums on top of that, I wouldn't go near it without a ten-foot pole, a hazmat suit, and a flamethrower.


And that's why you don't sell any games. Games are sold to people not to pro gamers. Same with software (I'm a software developer). Applications and games are for people. The moment you refuse to listen to them, you're out of business.


That is one particular way to look at it. I would say that in many respects listening to "what people want" is bad too.

It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. - Steve Jobs
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-04-21 20:31:19
April 21 2017 20:30 GMT
#135
On April 22 2017 05:21 FarmI3oy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2017 05:13 Shield wrote:
On April 22 2017 04:57 pvsnp wrote:
I've seen some Snute, Scarlett, nerchio, Pigs posting here multiple times and make some good propositions but never been listened by Blizzard.

I don't think they read a lot teamliquid, it seems they rather read reddit and battle net.

I'd be very surprised if the balance team actually read any posts on TL/Reddit/Bnet in depth. Of course they have to say that they're "listening to the community" for PR purposes, but Blizzard gets specific feedback directly from Afreeca and pros. Undoubtedly, they also have a bunch of internal data analytics on ladder games and winrates and so forth. Combined, that gives them pretty solid coverage of the entire playerbase.

They probably skim the forums to make sure they haven't missed a big issue that everyone's complaining about, but no more than that.

I mean, if I was a Blizzard dev, there's no way I would do more than that. Nothing more frustrating as a professional engineer than having some idiot without the slightest understanding of your job try and tell you how to do it (I get quite enough of that already, thanks). If you throw in the sheer amount of toxic/whine/shit posting that floats around these forums on top of that, I wouldn't go near it without a ten-foot pole, a hazmat suit, and a flamethrower.


And that's why you don't sell any games. Games are sold to people not to pro gamers. Same with software (I'm a software developer). Applications and games are for people. The moment you refuse to listen to them, you're out of business.


That is one particular way to look at it. I would say that in many respects listening to "what people want" is bad too.

It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. - Steve Jobs


That's why there is agile development. You show prototypes to the user, then rely on feedback. You don't develop the full product first because it costs more. Again, you rely on users. I think it's going a bit offtopic though.
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
April 21 2017 20:48 GMT
#136
I hope everyone is playing on the test map! It is the only way to know for sure.

So far Thor seems slightly more useful vs air but still worthless vs ground in TvP. I really doubt mech will be viable in TvP but I will continue testing.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
April 21 2017 21:09 GMT
#137
Since this is about balance/design I might as well ask this here:
In TvZ mules and inject balance each other out.
But Terran has to pay much more to build its infrastructure (barracks / fact / spatio etc... it amounts to more money than a few queens and macro hatches). What is it counter balanced by?
WriterMaru
ypslala
Profile Joined April 2011
Burma545 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-04-21 21:32:53
April 21 2017 21:32 GMT
#138
why do auto turrets from raven deal damage immediately,
but infested terrans from the infestor have a spawning time?

infested terrans would be so much more usefull without the spawning time.
best SC2 game of aaaaaaall time: vibe vs avilo (don't miss the end!!): https://youtu.be/mygH92WzKV4
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
April 21 2017 21:55 GMT
#139
On April 22 2017 06:32 ypslala wrote:
why do auto turrets from raven deal damage immediately,
but infested terrans from the infestor have a spawning time?

infested terrans would be so much more usefull without the spawning time.


Do we want infested terran to be more useful?

One of the biggest complaints from the community that hasn't been addressed by blizzard ever is free units. Zergs has plenty of those, and half of them are borderline OP.
Cereal
NutriaKaiN
Profile Joined June 2016
88 Posts
April 21 2017 22:03 GMT
#140
On April 21 2017 03:33 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2017 03:23 insitelol wrote:
Move charge to cyber core as well.
p.s. glad they forgot about adepts (?).

I think the -10 health on Adepts already got implemented into the game


it is. but only the active players will notice it lul
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 91
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 762
Horang2 482
Hyuk 410
soO 407
Bisu 326
Mini 304
Larva 288
ZerO 221
Killer 63
Zeus 59
[ Show more ]
Shinee 56
EffOrt 43
Mind 40
Bale 30
PianO 25
Mong 20
Rush 16
Terrorterran 15
ZergMaN 15
ToSsGirL 13
Sacsri 11
Stork 9
HiyA 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 752
XcaliburYe285
Counter-Strike
byalli707
Other Games
singsing1283
olofmeister1009
ceh9684
Happy359
crisheroes215
Livibee172
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH367
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos1766
• Stunt410
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
41m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 41m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.