• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9177 users

Flash wins his first SC2 title at IEM Toronto - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
112 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Jampackedeon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2053 Posts
September 02 2014 16:30 GMT
#81
Does anyone know the viewship numbers for the 4 days? I was watching all but the final match and it was just incredible, I think I saw a max of 40-50K but it could have gone higher once Flash was making it through the finals...
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
September 02 2014 16:58 GMT
#82
Watching Flash win was amazing. I am so happy he won
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Orr
Profile Joined February 2014
United States168 Posts
September 02 2014 17:21 GMT
#83
Ultimate Weapon redeployed.
Flash I Jaedong I herO I Best I Maru I Rogue
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-02 18:06:43
September 02 2014 18:04 GMT
#84
Blizzcon is not 1st priority for all the players, specially for Kespa players who haven't been commiting to the WCS during the whole year.
I too get sick of the casters talking about Blizzcon all day, but that might be because I'm salty about how the WCS system works ^.^

e: grammar
GwubbiL
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland18 Posts
September 02 2014 19:21 GMT
#85
So far was the best tournament in this year imo.
~~Pylons, Pylons Everywhere~~
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-02 20:24:19
September 02 2014 20:20 GMT
#86
On September 02 2014 22:28 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2014 22:10 Elroi wrote:
On September 02 2014 20:32 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 02 2014 20:10 dust7 wrote:
On September 02 2014 20:07 Meavis wrote:
On September 02 2014 20:02 dust7 wrote:
Could someone please explain to me why going to blizzcon is so god damn important? I've read up on the WCS system but ultimately the global finals is just another tournament with a lot of prize money. Why does it have to be brought up every other sentence? It is really tiring to hear casters and writers going on and on and on and on about blizzcon.


because blizzcon is supposed to be the end all tournament and the pinacle of credibility, the WCS point system undermines this though.

meh?

I doubt the players care as much as the hype for this single tournament suggests.

I doubt you know better what the players feels than the players turned casters and the casters. They go to live tournaments, they talk to the players, many are the times you hear the casters knowing inside information because they talk with the players. They wouldn't say things likethat without having any basis for it, they KNOW what the players want because they talk with them, you don't.

You don't understand what the central core of sport is? Especially on the highest level, what do you think drives people like Jaedong to dedicate 90% of their lives to a sport(a game). Most times its the drive to win, the drive to be the best.

Blizzon is the pinnacle of WCS, that btw is short for WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES.

The day when professional athlets don't care about going to the world championship final is the day that sports die.

the fact that it is so much harder to win the GSL than blizzcon undermines the legitimacy of that tournament tough imo.

I respectfully disagree.

The reason is that in the difficulty of winning blizzcon you have to include the challenge of actually getting a ticket there, getting top 16.


No, I agree with him. It's not that hard to get to blizzcon if you go to every foreign tourney. It becomes a case of just quantity over quality finishes. You don't need to win those foreign tourneys to get to blizzcon. You just need to place decently in a lot of them and the WCS points just keep rolling in. I enjoy watching blizzcon for the spectacle and it being the end of year big tourney, but I have never ranked it that highly as a tournament as far as skill goes.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
bypLy
Profile Joined June 2013
757 Posts
September 02 2014 20:50 GMT
#87
great read, flash fighting
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 02 2014 21:02 GMT
#88
On September 03 2014 03:04 Silvana wrote:
Blizzcon is not 1st priority for all the players, specially for Kespa players who haven't been commiting to the WCS during the whole year.
I too get sick of the casters talking about Blizzcon all day, but that might be because I'm salty about how the WCS system works ^.^

e: grammar


I'm pretty sure very nearly every player in Korea would pull a fingernail or three to get to Blizzcon. Life was really disappointed that he didn't get there last year, and a bunch of other players seemed upset that they hadn't gotten to travel much as well. Even if we (and they) think that the GSL is harder, Blizzcon is the ultimate tournament for most of these guys. If nothing else then at least for the $100k first prize.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 02 2014 22:58 GMT
#89
The bonjwa has arrived!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Starecat
Profile Joined August 2014
941 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-02 23:34:27
September 02 2014 23:34 GMT
#90
On September 03 2014 01:30 Jampackedeon wrote:
Does anyone know the viewship numbers for the 4 days? I was watching all but the final match and it was just incredible, I think I saw a max of 40-50K but it could have gone higher once Flash was making it through the finals...


When Flash was almost winning Zest the viewcount got to 60K+.

Two things became clear, people love Terran and Flash.
:3
FuRRie
Profile Joined February 2009
Belgium815 Posts
September 02 2014 23:47 GMT
#91
"Why is Blizzcon so important?"

Have people who ask this seen the price pool? seriously.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
September 03 2014 00:17 GMT
#92
On September 03 2014 08:47 FuRRie wrote:
"Why is Blizzcon so important?"

Have people who ask this seen the price pool? seriously.

Whats the prize pool? Is it like The International or something???????
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
September 03 2014 00:23 GMT
#93
Horray! Flash back on top!!
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
September 03 2014 00:25 GMT
#94
On September 03 2014 06:02 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2014 03:04 Silvana wrote:
Blizzcon is not 1st priority for all the players, specially for Kespa players who haven't been commiting to the WCS during the whole year.
I too get sick of the casters talking about Blizzcon all day, but that might be because I'm salty about how the WCS system works ^.^

e: grammar


I'm pretty sure very nearly every player in Korea would pull a fingernail or three to get to Blizzcon. Life was really disappointed that he didn't get there last year, and a bunch of other players seemed upset that they hadn't gotten to travel much as well. Even if we (and they) think that the GSL is harder, Blizzcon is the ultimate tournament for most of these guys. If nothing else then at least for the $100k first prize.


Just because a player might feel that way doesn't mean they would be allowed to compete in every tournament for points *cough.* It's a double-edged sword. Also I wouldn't speak on behalf of the players. I'm pretty sure all of them have different goals and ambitions when it comes to where they currently stand.
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
September 03 2014 00:32 GMT
#95
On September 03 2014 09:17 tshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2014 08:47 FuRRie wrote:
"Why is Blizzcon so important?"

Have people who ask this seen the price pool? seriously.

Whats the prize pool? Is it like The International or something???????

BlizzCon has a top prize of $100,000 which is a significant sum even if it isn't in the same ballpark as TI4. And the simple privilege of having the right to title yourself the best player in the world against the best of the best is something players will constantly strive for. Regardless of the whole WCS point debate regarding whether some players have the right to be at BlizzCon it is an incredibly high level tournament and the 16 players there will put all their soul into winning it for a reason. Imagine it the Stanley Cup of SC2.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Dimagus
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1004 Posts
September 03 2014 00:39 GMT
#96
On September 03 2014 01:30 Jampackedeon wrote:
Does anyone know the viewship numbers for the 4 days? I was watching all but the final match and it was just incredible, I think I saw a max of 40-50K but it could have gone higher once Flash was making it through the finals...


At the peak IEM Toronto streams (all languages) totaled 66,000 of the 67,500 SC2 stream viewers on twitch.tv
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-03 01:36:03
September 03 2014 01:35 GMT
#97
On September 03 2014 08:34 Starecat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2014 01:30 Jampackedeon wrote:
Does anyone know the viewship numbers for the 4 days? I was watching all but the final match and it was just incredible, I think I saw a max of 40-50K but it could have gone higher once Flash was making it through the finals...


When Flash was almost winning Zest the viewcount got to 60K+.

Two things became clear, people love Terran and Flash.

on the main stream that is.
Not included TakeTV and other streams. Many germans watch TakeTV.
On September 03 2014 09:39 Dimagus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2014 01:30 Jampackedeon wrote:
Does anyone know the viewship numbers for the 4 days? I was watching all but the final match and it was just incredible, I think I saw a max of 40-50K but it could have gone higher once Flash was making it through the finals...


At the peak IEM Toronto streams (all languages) totaled 66,000 of the 67,500 SC2 stream viewers on twitch.tv

Damn didn't see your post, sorry

Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
September 03 2014 02:03 GMT
#98
On September 02 2014 16:08 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2014 15:40 Lunareste wrote:
On September 02 2014 13:10 JudicatorHammurabi wrote:
I've been waiting for him to win a title. I really hope this is Flash finally transferring his skills over to SC2 and not just a fluke.


There's a list around of all the players he had to beat to qualify for the tournament, and finally to win; it's literally a who's who of the top Starcraft players in the world.

Someone link it please!


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_IX_-_Toronto/Asian_Final_Qualifier
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_IX_-_Toronto/Korean_and_Taiwan_Qualifier

List taken from powerrank + Show Spoiler +
(T)Flash 1-0 (P)PartinG
(T)Flash 2-0 (Z)hitmaN
(T)Flash 2-1 (T)Reality
(T)Flash 2-1 (T)GuMiho
(T)Flash 2-0 (P)Dear
(T)Flash 2-1 (T)Maru
(T)Flash 2-0 (Z)soO
(T)Flash 2-0 (T)Sorry
(T)Flash 0-2 (P)Zest
(T)Flash 2-1 (P)Classic
(T)Flash 2-0 (P)herO[jOin]
(T)Flash 2-0 (P)Pigbaby
(T)Flash 2-0 (T)Dream
(T)Flash 2-0 (P)Zoun
(T)Flash 2-0 (Z)EffOrt
(T)Flash 2-1 (Z)Soulkey
(T)Flash 2-0 (Z)Dark
(T)Flash 2-0 (Z)Solar
(T)Flash 1-2 (P)MC
(T)Flash 2-0 (Z)Scarlett
(T)Flash 2-0 (P)MC
(T)Flash 3-2 (Z)Snute
(T)Flash 3-1 (T)TaeJa
(T)Flash 4-1 (P)Zest


or this
http://aligulac.com/players/55/results/?after=2014-08-01&before=&event=&race=ptzr&country=all&bestof=all&offline=both&game=all&op=

YES! This, thank you for the exact details! It was an insane run by Flash, to put it briefly. I wish he can do that in his next tourney too
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
September 03 2014 02:13 GMT
#99
On September 02 2014 18:15 deacon.frost wrote:
As much as I want to be on the "Flash hype train" I simply cannot. He plays so boring style to watch I cannot help myself(also he has the most annoying fans there) but to hope it is his last tournament win and he won't be flying anywhere. As much as I love Maru/Bomber/MVP/Taeja I don't like Flash. And I don't care how good his mechanics are, I want to see entertaining games - same way I don't like watching Rain. Am I the only one or what?

Though I have to admit, that there are more boring players(Hi, Snute). Victory deserved though, he played better. The games I saw, then I turned it off. Congratz anyway


You know Flash is back on top when people are complaining about how boring he is despite him using a variety of builds to pull off exciting wins.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
BakedButters
Profile Joined November 2011
United States748 Posts
September 03 2014 02:26 GMT
#100
On September 02 2014 17:23 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2014 16:30 stargunner wrote:
It's worth mentioning that even though Flash has been dominating since the patch, he rarely, if ever, uses widow mines. In fact, I believe in the grand finals, he did not build a single one.

The mine buff only changes TvZ really any ways.


If you think the mine buff only changes TvZ, you are mistaken
Snute <3 Bomber <3 Parting <3 Life <3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 620
Larva 140
NaDa 61
Leta 54
TT1 14
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
League of Legends
JimRising 809
Other Games
summit1g10415
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1389
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota213
League of Legends
• Rush1122
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 59m
INu's Battles
7h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 59m
Replay Cast
18h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.