• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:57
CEST 08:57
KST 15:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8750 users

Flash wins his first SC2 title at IEM Toronto - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
112 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
THM
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria1131 Posts
September 02 2014 08:03 GMT
#41
Flash, aaaaaaah, savior of the universe.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
September 02 2014 08:23 GMT
#42
On September 02 2014 16:30 stargunner wrote:
It's worth mentioning that even though Flash has been dominating since the patch, he rarely, if ever, uses widow mines. In fact, I believe in the grand finals, he did not build a single one.

The mine buff only changes TvZ really any ways.
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
September 02 2014 08:25 GMT
#43
So weird, i checked the bracket.

It said MC->Flash with 2-1, so i thought flash was out. This made me not watch the tournament and now it says he won the tournament. I would have watched him play if i knew he was still in it
stargunner
Profile Joined July 2014
United States135 Posts
September 02 2014 08:28 GMT
#44
On September 02 2014 17:23 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2014 16:30 stargunner wrote:
It's worth mentioning that even though Flash has been dominating since the patch, he rarely, if ever, uses widow mines. In fact, I believe in the grand finals, he did not build a single one.

The mine buff only changes TvZ really any ways.

He doesn't use them much in TvZ, either. just really good splitting with Thor for muta. although the Thor was slightly buffed for the air targeting.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
September 02 2014 08:32 GMT
#45
On September 02 2014 17:25 Foxxan wrote:
So weird, i checked the bracket.

It said MC->Flash with 2-1, so i thought flash was out. This made me not watch the tournament and now it says he won the tournament. I would have watched him play if i knew he was still in it

Vods were worth watching IMO (wasn't able to watch live)... but might be harder to watch after reading this. (I did know Flash won before watching semi-finals, but nothing else (opponents or score).
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
September 02 2014 08:39 GMT
#46
Such a great article, i was waiting for this!
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
September 02 2014 08:56 GMT
#47
And it all started in Toronto.

On his first day, he lost to MC.

On his second day, he struggled against Snute and Taeja.

But on the third day, he rose again.


When did he struggle vs Taeja? I did not see this xD
Also i need to watch VODs as i missed angry guy man.
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
September 02 2014 09:04 GMT
#48
On September 02 2014 17:56 Pandemona wrote:
Show nested quote +
And it all started in Toronto.

On his first day, he lost to MC.

On his second day, he struggled against Snute and Taeja.

But on the third day, he rose again.


When did he struggle vs Taeja? I did not see this xD
Also i need to watch VODs as i missed angry guy man.


http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
September 02 2014 09:15 GMT
#49
As much as I want to be on the "Flash hype train" I simply cannot. He plays so boring style to watch I cannot help myself(also he has the most annoying fans there) but to hope it is his last tournament win and he won't be flying anywhere. As much as I love Maru/Bomber/MVP/Taeja I don't like Flash. And I don't care how good his mechanics are, I want to see entertaining games - same way I don't like watching Rain. Am I the only one or what?

Though I have to admit, that there are more boring players(Hi, Snute). Victory deserved though, he played better. The games I saw, then I turned it off. Congratz anyway
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
September 02 2014 09:46 GMT
#50
that was some good writing
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
lastride
Profile Joined April 2014
2390 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-02 10:05:52
September 02 2014 10:00 GMT
#51
I am so happy for flash! Wow such a relief this is. All his struggles and hard work for 2 years has finally paid off. I am sure he is feeling great now, I wish other bw legends like stork and fantasy would have the willand mental strenght to do what flash is doing. What a champion flash is, what an icon! Boxer tried to do the same at the beginning of sc2 but he was too old to compete with the much younger players and had some back problems ifi can remember. But he gave huge publicity to sc2 noone can deny that. Now it's flash's turn to save esports!!
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
September 02 2014 10:09 GMT
#52
i have a feeling between flash rising and terran being strong sc2 is going to be insufferable for a while

flash fans were bad enough when he wasn't winning shit
TL+ Member
p14c
Profile Joined May 2010
Vatican City State431 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-02 10:37:24
September 02 2014 10:33 GMT
#53
On September 02 2014 18:15 deacon.frost wrote:
As much as I want to be on the "Flash hype train" I simply cannot. He plays so boring style to watch I cannot help myself(also he has the most annoying fans there) but to hope it is his last tournament win and he won't be flying anywhere. As much as I love Maru/Bomber/MVP/Taeja I don't like Flash. And I don't care how good his mechanics are, I want to see entertaining games - same way I don't like watching Rain. Am I the only one or what?

Though I have to admit, that there are more boring players(Hi, Snute). Victory deserved though, he played better. The games I saw, then I turned it off. Congratz anyway

You're just a Flash hater, admit it! Flash has tons of entertaining games. He destroyed Taeja's main base with 3 vikings LOL. Go watch some bronze players play entertaining games. Gimmicky play is not entertaining for me. Flash plays entertaining games when he has equally skilled opponents face him, if not he just stomps lower skilled players. It's soo funny to see everyone scared to go macro games vs him. It's not his fault that his opponents just wants to rush him and fail miserably. Just look at Snute. He kept saying his strategy vs Terran was unbeatable but when he faced Flash he just all in him 5 games in a row.
PS: About the "annoying fans". He deserves all the praise he got. You do realize that this guy was the most dominant Brood War player of all time right? In his peak period he had 90% winrate in all match-ups (70%+ winrate over all his career).
Game Over, Man! Game Over!
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
September 02 2014 10:38 GMT
#54
On September 02 2014 18:15 deacon.frost wrote:
As much as I want to be on the "Flash hype train" I simply cannot. He plays so boring style to watch I cannot help myself(also he has the most annoying fans there) but to hope it is his last tournament win and he won't be flying anywhere. As much as I love Maru/Bomber/MVP/Taeja I don't like Flash. And I don't care how good his mechanics are, I want to see entertaining games - same way I don't like watching Rain. Am I the only one or what?

Though I have to admit, that there are more boring players(Hi, Snute). Victory deserved though, he played better. The games I saw, then I turned it off. Congratz anyway

Flash's entire IEM run has been one of the most variable in the history of HotS, he does a lot of different openings and compositions in all matchups, I'm not sure whether we are watching the same game.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
September 02 2014 10:43 GMT
#55
On September 02 2014 13:12 Circumstance wrote:
Congratulations to KT Rolster (T)FlashInThePan for winning his first title in Starcraft 2.

SICK.

but i dont know, i guess we'll see!!
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
September 02 2014 10:58 GMT
#56
On September 02 2014 12:44 Jacmert wrote:
Could Flash be the next SC2 bonjwa?


Lol. He won a tournament. Winning a tournament doesn't come to close to the level where bonjwa speculations should reasonably begin.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
dust7
Profile Joined March 2010
199 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-02 11:06:33
September 02 2014 11:02 GMT
#57
Could someone please explain to me why going to blizzcon is so god damn important? I've read up on the WCS system but ultimately the global finals is just another tournament with a lot of prize money. Why does it have to be brought up every other sentence? It is really tiring to hear casters and writers going on and on and on and on about blizzcon.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
September 02 2014 11:03 GMT
#58
On September 02 2014 19:58 vOdToasT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2014 12:44 Jacmert wrote:
Could Flash be the next SC2 bonjwa?


Lol. He won a tournament. Winning a tournament doesn't come to close to the level where bonjwa speculations should reasonably begin.

Do you not get jokes?
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
September 02 2014 11:06 GMT
#59
On September 02 2014 18:15 deacon.frost wrote:
As much as I want to be on the "Flash hype train" I simply cannot. He plays so boring style to watch I cannot help myself(also he has the most annoying fans there) but to hope it is his last tournament win and he won't be flying anywhere. As much as I love Maru/Bomber/MVP/Taeja I don't like Flash. And I don't care how good his mechanics are, I want to see entertaining games - same way I don't like watching Rain. Am I the only one or what?

Though I have to admit, that there are more boring players(Hi, Snute). Victory deserved though, he played better. The games I saw, then I turned it off. Congratz anyway


Flash incredible mechanics are exactly what makes his games so amazing, not because he just macro's better, no, he is able to do stuff on an entire different level of mechanics that very few can explore, doing what no other can.
"Not you."
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
September 02 2014 11:07 GMT
#60
Flash didnt struggle vs Taeja, he destroyed taeja (with all due respect to taeja ofcourse)
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 425
Leta 263
Hyuk 230
Hyun 100
Shinee 38
Hm[arnc] 32
ZergMaN 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 760
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8971
WinterStarcraft503
ArmadaUGS68
Nina52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Rush1484
• Lourlo1076
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 4m
INu's Battles
5h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 4m
Replay Cast
16h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.