• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:50
CEST 15:50
KST 22:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6370 users

NASL end SC2 Operations, ESL to take over WCS AM - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
418 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
March 09 2014 17:03 GMT
#381
Everyone who has these comments like "Oh, I've been watching for years but am bored now" doesn't seem to understand- The problem is personal, not with the game.

People get bored of everything. The fact that you could watch for years and just now get bored is an indication of how interesting SC2 is to watch.

If you don't find it entertaining, take a break!

I basically stopped playing and watched very little for around 6 months after HoTS came out, because I was bored.
I am back to playing now and in fact, this last season has been my most active since the first couple seasons of WoL.

I still absolutely love the game, both playing and watching, and the quality as a spectator is honestly SO much better now. Go back and try to watch games from 2011-2012 now and it's almost painful. The game has developed so much, not just in play, but also in the polish of the commentating, tournaments, interface and so forth.

You may find the game boring, but that is subjective. Objectively, it cannot be argued that it hasn't drastically improved.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
March 09 2014 17:07 GMT
#382
Dunno, I watched BW since 2005 and I was never bored. I know guys who have played CS since 2000ish and still have a great time with it. Truly amazing games are timeless.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-09 17:19:30
March 09 2014 17:18 GMT
#383
On March 09 2014 09:52 ssregitoss wrote:
check the viewer numbers.it tells the truth.nothing else.boring to watch.


The viewer numbers that have shown substantial growth in viewership for regular weekly content you mean?

I wonder how long some of the people who have been saying this have actually been around. I was around when IPL, NASL and even Proleague were getting 5-10k concurrents at most, not the 15-20k WCS NA, 20k+ Proleague or 30-40k WCS EU is getting now

What we have actually seen, is a shift in how Starcraft is consumed and the kind of events that are being put on on a regular basis, which has resulted in some strange numbers that people without proper perspective interpret is DEDGAEM.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 09 2014 17:26 GMT
#384
On March 10 2014 02:18 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2014 09:52 ssregitoss wrote:
check the viewer numbers.it tells the truth.nothing else.boring to watch.


The viewer numbers that have shown substantial growth in viewership for regular weekly content you mean?

I wonder how long some of the people who have been saying this have actually been around. I was around when IPL, NASL and even Proleague were getting 5-10k concurrents at most, not the 15-20k WCS NA, 20k+ Proleague or 30-40k WCS EU is getting now

What we have actually seen, is a shift in how Starcraft is consumed and the kind of events that are being put on on a regular basis, which has resulted in some strange numbers that people without proper perspective interpret is DEDGAEM.

not to mention, big events still pull in 100k concurrent viewers. I'd be surprised if IEM WC doesn't hit 100k this coming week.

NASL had problems from the start. Look at all the people they have lost recently. Its not the viewership that made NASL shut down, but far more behind the scenes stuff. When you lose Frodan, Gretorp and Mr. Bitter all within a few months, that says something. These guys were all more than casters for NASL.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 09 2014 17:27 GMT
#385
On March 10 2014 02:07 Squat wrote:
Dunno, I watched BW since 2005 and I was never bored. I know guys who have played CS since 2000ish and still have a great time with it. Truly amazing games are timeless.

And I know people who are still loving SC2. Myself included.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-09 17:33:58
March 09 2014 17:33 GMT
#386
On March 10 2014 02:03 muzzy wrote:
Everyone who has these comments like "Oh, I've been watching for years but am bored now" doesn't seem to understand- The problem is personal, not with the game.

People get bored of everything. The fact that you could watch for years and just now get bored is an indication of how interesting SC2 is to watch.

If you don't find it entertaining, take a break!

Well I enjoy(ed) four games WC3, BW, CS1.6 and Quake for years (I want them back, they were never boring) and the "successors" sc2 and CS:GO are very boring (for me) to watch in comparison to the four games (for me).
Now I can only follow sc2 because I can't enjoy LOL, DOTA2 and other stuff. Actually I have never enjoyed sc2 but I need a game to watch which I can enjoy.

leaving esports is never a thing for me.
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
March 09 2014 17:35 GMT
#387
On March 10 2014 02:26 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 02:18 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On March 09 2014 09:52 ssregitoss wrote:
check the viewer numbers.it tells the truth.nothing else.boring to watch.


The viewer numbers that have shown substantial growth in viewership for regular weekly content you mean?

I wonder how long some of the people who have been saying this have actually been around. I was around when IPL, NASL and even Proleague were getting 5-10k concurrents at most, not the 15-20k WCS NA, 20k+ Proleague or 30-40k WCS EU is getting now

What we have actually seen, is a shift in how Starcraft is consumed and the kind of events that are being put on on a regular basis, which has resulted in some strange numbers that people without proper perspective interpret is DEDGAEM.

not to mention, big events still pull in 100k concurrent viewers. I'd be surprised if IEM WC doesn't hit 100k this coming week.

NASL had problems from the start. Look at all the people they have lost recently. Its not the viewership that made NASL shut down, but far more behind the scenes stuff. When you lose Frodan, Gretorp and Mr. Bitter all within a few months, that says something. These guys were all more than casters for NASL.


IEM WC will go over 100k. Mark my words on that.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
March 09 2014 17:42 GMT
#388
On March 10 2014 02:03 muzzy wrote:
Everyone who has these comments like "Oh, I've been watching for years but am bored now" doesn't seem to understand- The problem is personal, not with the game.

People get bored of everything. The fact that you could watch for years and just now get bored is an indication of how interesting SC2 is to watch.

If you don't find it entertaining, take a break!

I basically stopped playing and watched very little for around 6 months after HoTS came out, because I was bored.
I am back to playing now and in fact, this last season has been my most active since the first couple seasons of WoL.

I still absolutely love the game, both playing and watching, and the quality as a spectator is honestly SO much better now. Go back and try to watch games from 2011-2012 now and it's almost painful. The game has developed so much, not just in play, but also in the polish of the commentating, tournaments, interface and so forth.

You may find the game boring, but that is subjective. Objectively, it cannot be argued that it hasn't drastically improved.


Oh, come on... That's such a cop-out it isn't even funny. The quality of the game has deteriorated since HotS. Swarm Hosts ARE boring to watch unless something spectacular happens, PvT is mostly predictable, and ZvZ makes me want to Alt-F4 any broadcast with how ridiculously stale that M/U is.

The game itself isn't boring to watch, it's just not where it needs to be on the fun-o-meter.
twitch.tv/duttroach
Firestorm
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada341 Posts
March 09 2014 17:56 GMT
#389
On March 10 2014 02:42 dUTtrOACh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 02:03 muzzy wrote:
Everyone who has these comments like "Oh, I've been watching for years but am bored now" doesn't seem to understand- The problem is personal, not with the game.

People get bored of everything. The fact that you could watch for years and just now get bored is an indication of how interesting SC2 is to watch.

If you don't find it entertaining, take a break!

I basically stopped playing and watched very little for around 6 months after HoTS came out, because I was bored.
I am back to playing now and in fact, this last season has been my most active since the first couple seasons of WoL.

I still absolutely love the game, both playing and watching, and the quality as a spectator is honestly SO much better now. Go back and try to watch games from 2011-2012 now and it's almost painful. The game has developed so much, not just in play, but also in the polish of the commentating, tournaments, interface and so forth.

You may find the game boring, but that is subjective. Objectively, it cannot be argued that it hasn't drastically improved.


Oh, come on... That's such a cop-out it isn't even funny. The quality of the game has deteriorated since HotS. Swarm Hosts ARE boring to watch unless something spectacular happens, PvT is mostly predictable, and ZvZ makes me want to Alt-F4 any broadcast with how ridiculously stale that M/U is.

The game itself isn't boring to watch, it's just not where it needs to be on the fun-o-meter.


Did you want Broodlord Infestor back?
"Revenge is sweet... Revenge is a dish best served cold... Revenge is... Ice Cream!"
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
March 09 2014 17:57 GMT
#390
On March 10 2014 02:27 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 02:07 Squat wrote:
Dunno, I watched BW since 2005 and I was never bored. I know guys who have played CS since 2000ish and still have a great time with it. Truly amazing games are timeless.

And I know people who are still loving SC2. Myself included.

Sc2 could become one, too early to tell. Point was that if a game is good enough you can play and watch it for decades and still enjoy it. I've watched hockey since we won the Olympics 1994, never got bored of it.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Yezzus
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
United States2318 Posts
March 09 2014 18:08 GMT
#391
Is it due to the viewers? SC2 doesnt even reach the front page of twitch anymore at times
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 09 2014 19:16 GMT
#392
My question here is what does it say about total prize pool money for 2014? Losing MLG is a shame because as far as I'm concerned they have historically had the best production value, or anyway my favorite - but we also lost MLG's prize pools. So where does losing NASL leave us?
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 09 2014 19:19 GMT
#393
On March 10 2014 03:08 Yezzus wrote:
Is it due to the viewers? SC2 doesnt even reach the front page of twitch anymore at times


The amount of people watching player streams has dropped significantly, but SC2 is still part of the "Big 3" when there are major tournaments on.
AdministratorBreak the chains
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 09 2014 19:56 GMT
#394
On March 10 2014 02:03 muzzy wrote:
Everyone who has these comments like "Oh, I've been watching for years but am bored now" doesn't seem to understand- The problem is personal, not with the game.

People get bored of everything. The fact that you could watch for years and just now get bored is an indication of how interesting SC2 is to watch.

If you don't find it entertaining, take a break!

I basically stopped playing and watched very little for around 6 months after HoTS came out, because I was bored.
I am back to playing now and in fact, this last season has been my most active since the first couple seasons of WoL.

I still absolutely love the game, both playing and watching, and the quality as a spectator is honestly SO much better now. Go back and try to watch games from 2011-2012 now and it's almost painful. The game has developed so much, not just in play, but also in the polish of the commentating, tournaments, interface and so forth.

You may find the game boring, but that is subjective. Objectively, it cannot be argued that it hasn't drastically improved.


Think this is a very good post a lot of people should read.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
March 09 2014 19:58 GMT
#395
On March 10 2014 04:16 Djzapz wrote:
My question here is what does it say about total prize pool money for 2014? Losing MLG is a shame because as far as I'm concerned they have historically had the best production value, or anyway my favorite - but we also lost MLG's prize pools. So where does losing NASL leave us?

Well we havent heard of any plans from NASL about standalone tournaments, so I guess nothing would change in terms of total prize pool. And since they left SC2 so abruptely I doubt there was ever going to be another NASL. Also MLG is back(for atleast Anaheim), so thats nice.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 09 2014 20:07 GMT
#396
On March 10 2014 02:57 Squat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 02:27 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 10 2014 02:07 Squat wrote:
Dunno, I watched BW since 2005 and I was never bored. I know guys who have played CS since 2000ish and still have a great time with it. Truly amazing games are timeless.

And I know people who are still loving SC2. Myself included.

Sc2 could become one, too early to tell. Point was that if a game is good enough you can play and watch it for decades and still enjoy it. I've watched hockey since we won the Olympics 1994, never got bored of it.


In my book any game that can make players play it more then a month (like me for instance) and can play it for 4 years is one of those games.

I have very few games that can keep me interested longer then a month, those being age of empires series (2, age of mythology + expo, aoe3), Starcraft 1 and 2

Those are the only games that I have played a lot longer then a month straight and more then an hour when I would play them. Love those games :D.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 09 2014 20:13 GMT
#397
On March 10 2014 05:07 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 02:57 Squat wrote:
On March 10 2014 02:27 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 10 2014 02:07 Squat wrote:
Dunno, I watched BW since 2005 and I was never bored. I know guys who have played CS since 2000ish and still have a great time with it. Truly amazing games are timeless.

And I know people who are still loving SC2. Myself included.

Sc2 could become one, too early to tell. Point was that if a game is good enough you can play and watch it for decades and still enjoy it. I've watched hockey since we won the Olympics 1994, never got bored of it.


In my book any game that can make players play it more then a month (like me for instance) and can play it for 4 years is one of those games.

I have very few games that can keep me interested longer then a month, those being age of empires series (2, age of mythology + expo, aoe3), Starcraft 1 and 2

Those are the only games that I have played a lot longer then a month straight and more then an hour when I would play them. Love those games :D.

Peoples enjoyment of SC2 is going to come in waves. I really give no shits about baseball unless the Redsox are playing. Same with Hockey. I don't watch Dota unless a team I like is playing. The idea that people will watch every single match of the GSL, or any other event, every season is crazy.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 09 2014 20:13 GMT
#398
On March 10 2014 04:16 Djzapz wrote:
My question here is what does it say about total prize pool money for 2014? Losing MLG is a shame because as far as I'm concerned they have historically had the best production value, or anyway my favorite - but we also lost MLG's prize pools. So where does losing NASL leave us?

We never lost MLG...

They didn't run sc2 at one event in the past 4 years. One. And that was because Red Bull had an event going on that weekend as well. And the same thing might happen with Dota 2 at Anaheim for MLG. With the amount of events happening, they might be dropping Dota from the event. Yet people aren't saying MLG is abandoning Dota 2.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 09 2014 21:19 GMT
#399
On March 10 2014 05:13 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 04:16 Djzapz wrote:
My question here is what does it say about total prize pool money for 2014? Losing MLG is a shame because as far as I'm concerned they have historically had the best production value, or anyway my favorite - but we also lost MLG's prize pools. So where does losing NASL leave us?

We never lost MLG...

They didn't run sc2 at one event in the past 4 years. One. And that was because Red Bull had an event going on that weekend as well. And the same thing might happen with Dota 2 at Anaheim for MLG. With the amount of events happening, they might be dropping Dota from the event. Yet people aren't saying MLG is abandoning Dota 2.

I haven't seen it in a while I guess, my bad.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
March 09 2014 21:52 GMT
#400
Starcraft 2 hasn't been fun for me since beginning of 2013. i watched excessively almost everything from 10-13 when the hype was high and the players were interesting and fun but now, i just feel it's meh
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV809
OGKoka 273
Rex144
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 273
Rex 144
ProTech136
Codebar 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2279
Shuttle 2254
Horang2 1353
EffOrt 871
Jaedong 784
BeSt 534
Light 413
Mini 354
Stork 317
firebathero 300
[ Show more ]
ZerO 270
Rush 246
ggaemo 146
Barracks 123
Zeus 92
Shine 75
Killer 66
Sea.KH 60
Hyun 52
Yoon 42
Sexy 31
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 28
Bale 26
PianO 23
sorry 22
Aegong 21
soO 19
Terrorterran 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
HiyA 9
Noble 9
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
qojqva3189
Dendi2310
BananaSlamJamma333
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin342
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes458
Other Games
singsing2258
olofmeister1719
hiko944
B2W.Neo746
Lowko363
Pyrionflax214
Sick184
Liquid`VortiX162
ArmadaUGS94
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream550
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH300
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2109
• Nemesis1348
Other Games
• WagamamaTV264
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.