• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9848 users

Leaving StarCraft (IdrA) - Page 41

Forum Index > SC2 General
849 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 Next All
BrieFanFiction
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
United States167 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-06 01:12:12
February 06 2014 01:08 GMT
#801
Well, I've posted this a couple times by now but I mean it when I say it. The post applies to you a great deal Greg. I actually wrote this some time ago. I still remember walking down from the third floor of my barracks and over to the PX to buy some Icehouse 5.5% and .59 cent "burritos" a couple hours before you played and rooting for you while I was drunker than shit. I miss those old Red and Blue MLG days... kind of. This was originally aimed at JP, thus the pro-"showbiz" ring to it. But Greg deserves "all the props" as well (seeing as he provided 2 years of great entertainment).

+ Show Spoiler +
I initially got into SC:BW in Iraq around February 2010. I had previously been a Warcraft 2 player and never got into BW. Anyway, my roommate had a copy of BW and let me install it, and soon enough I was addicted. I played that game so much that it became my escape from the shitty reality over there. I still remember pausing games and running out of my CHU to the bunkers because we were getting rocketed. Once I was assigned to the MEOC at FOB Echo to a joint operation between the 8th Iraqi Army and US. I played so much BW while guarding that satellite equipment (basically sitting right next to it making sure it didn't disappear) that the Iraqi General came up to me and (through his terp) told me it was his son's 5th birthday, and since I played "that game" so much it must be awesome and he would like me to make a copy for his son. I politely explained that BW wasn't suitable for a 5 year old, but my Sgt had an NES emulator with all the games and gave the kid that. At least he could have some kind of "childhood" as we say... Anyway, I was stoked that SC2 happened to be coming out in (August?) of 2010, and when it launched I bought it and played the shit out of it until I returned on 1 Oct, 2010.

All my good friends were stop-lossed in Iraq, meaning their initial active duty contracts were extended to force them to go to Iraq for another year. One month after I got back nearly my entire crew got out of the Army or were sent to other units, scattered to the four winds (the Army tried to get them out ASAP as they had already done their time +). I was on my own in the old barracks with tons of new guys, many of whom had never deployed before (I had deployed twice at that point) and they annoyed the shit out of me. Our barracks had no heating for some reason, and it was so cold that I bought a giant down comforter to keep myself warm. In fact, the thermostat in the room where we're supposed to be able to adjust the temperature had a giant spiderweb crack in it emanating out from a small point, where somebody had probably raged out and stabbed it. My new leadership had no idea how to handle our strange assignment (personal security detail for the Brigade Commander of ~4,000 soldiers) and put tons of pressure on me to show them what to do and make sure everything was perfect. My life was fucking terrible. Literally the night I got back to the states (1 Oct 2010) my friends picked me up and we went to buy some liquor. Jim Beam had some bullshit "Welcome Home" label on their shit so I bought it to support them supporting us and found that I liked it, probably too much. By the time I had been back for two months I would buy a handle on Monday which would be gone by Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and two out of three Sundays each got their own 1/5th a night followed by Hamburger Helper made on my hot plate (awww yeahhhh!) and a quart of water then bed. I would normally start drinking at around 6pm and finish at 2am, then wake up at 6am to do physical training.

It makes me sad to say this but during those shitty days SC2 was my only friend. I still remember the old MLG red and blue streams and all your SOTG shows, as well as ITG, Destiny starting up, and Idra in his prime. When MLGs were on I would wake up and buy a 30 rack of Icehouse and sync my maximum drunkenness to Idra's games, cheering for him like a drunk Spaniard at a soccer match. When he would get knocked out of a tournament I would be devastated. I still remember when MC came out and gave Idra the thumbs down then 4-0'd him. It may be irrational (as I'm no longer an Idra fan) but I've hated MC ever since. -- This was after you lost your passion

I was following the scene really hard by about March 2011 and watched Destiny/Idra/everything constantly. SOTG and ITG (which I think had just started) were the highlights of my week! I would make sure to have four beers in me before the show started and I would get progressively more wasted as it went along, cheering when you all made good points and feeling glad I wasn't the only one who was upset over this or that.

On my first deployment I arrested an Iraqi who had been a Colonel under Saddam and was still loyal to him. This Colonel had been the head of a major IED cell in Tikrit (Saddam's hometown). After the mission everyone said good job blah blah (he was a high value target) and life went on as normal. One week later the word came back that the Iraqi's had hung him. Even though it wasn't traumatic, the weight hit me like a ton of bricks.

One time I had a dream that I was standing in front of a giant 2D map of the earth that took up a whole wall. In the top center the year "1988" appeared (the year I was born) and in New York (where I grew up) there was a bright yellow dot that started to move around and left a yellow trail behind it wherever it went. At the same time there was a blue dot in Iraq doing the same thing. The years rotated further ahead as the lines squiggled. Squiggle squiggle the lines went around, me squiggling in NY for 18 years then ZOOM down to Georgia then ZOOM over to Washington State then ZOOM over to Iraq where the blue dot has been squiggling in the same little area for years. Then it zoomed in and my yellow dot and the blue dot were separated only by gridsquares (representing 1 click, 1000 meters, .6 miles) and the yellow dot went over to the blue dot, the two dots squiggled, and then the blue dot went a few grid squares away and slowly faded from baby-blue, the same color as it's trail, to a dark, burnt out navy blue. The dot stopped moving. When I woke up, in my mind I naturally completed the dream with the yellow dot flying back to the states and resuming it's squiggling.

My life is in order now (sober, hitting the gym, lots of new friends and in college with a 3.8 and plenty of money) and when I think back on those shitty times (mainly January 2011 - August 2011) when you guys were my only "friends", I realize how much I owe you. The entertainment that you guys provided really became my life. I would walk around for two weeks before an MLG or Dreamhack or whatever, so excited! I would draw out brackets and try to predict who would win. SC2 was just the only light in my life at that point. When you explained how you would wake up and feel the stress of having to organize the show, and think "fuckkk there's so much to do" and Day9 leaned toward you and agreed, it really hit me that you guys were carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders. I can picture you rolling over, getting out of bed, and proceeding to arrange the show with it's content and guests and hardware setup, and I feel deeply grateful that you saw it through and went on with the production. Remember that 11,000 people watched tonight's show. I promise you that at least one of them was sitting there in their room with their parents fighting in the kitchen, trying to block it out; or trying to forget about how their dog or cat has cancer and their parents don't have the $1600 to save it; about the conversation they just had with their parents where they were told "We just don't have the money to get you anything for your birthday" or just had with their girlfriend and "It's just not working out." Sometimes people need a couple hours away from it all, and that's what all of you give us day in and day out.

What I've learned throughout this whole thing is that entertainment is one of the most noble enterprises someone can go into. If you think about it, beer, Pepsi, football, music, movies, gaming, all of it falls under entertainment, and it all serves one primary purpose: To take our minds off our worries. For providing me with endless opportunities to do just that, I thank you and everyone else.

Thanks, and may your dots squiggle for the next eighty years!
Vertigro
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom261 Posts
February 06 2014 01:10 GMT
#802
On February 06 2014 10:00 RedBack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2014 09:38 fishjie wrote:
On February 06 2014 08:42 DeadPan1897 wrote:
On February 06 2014 07:11 fishjie wrote:
Never liked the guy, he had a horrible attitude and blamed all his losses on everyone but himself. He constantly criticized others for being awful, yet was never any good at the game either, memorable only for his rage quits when he was either even or ahead. He then got fired from eg because he kept telling people he wanted them to die of cancer. All his fanboys were enablers and when he made the comment about being paid to treat them badly (the comment that cost him his job) it was funny cause it was true. It is funny that someone who hated the game so much stuck around so long.

It's all a moot point now since sc2 is on it's last dying breath, but if esports as a whole is to make it, toxic players such as this need to retire earlier.



How can you be so ignorant lOl.. He was easily one of the top foreigners at a certain point in WoL.


Everything is relative. Given how much trash he talked about legitimate players, he was not good. Even casual players such as cruncher that idra called a walkover would go on to curb stomp him in the tsl. its sad/funny seeing someone talk trash and yet have absolutely nothing to back it up. he never really had any results to back up all the vile hatred that he spewed toward better players. As far as foreginers go, stephano, scarlett and naniwa all surpassed him. he was good early on, but so were many foreigners. even during that era, jinro was vastly superior to him. that period of WoL where foreigners could do well was more because the game hadn't been figured out yet.


Oh Geez go away, it was people like Idra who kept things becoming a sterile snooze fest like they are now. Will miss you Gracken


Couldn't agree more... sc2 really isn't entertaining enough to watch on a skill basis alone and, its personalities and story lines that keep people interested and coming back for more! Sadly, Idra is a huge loss when considering the personality he brought to the starcraft scene and he will be hugely missed :/
"..." - Greg 'IdrA' Fields +++ DeMuslim, Naniwa, Jaedong, Hero, Suppy! <3 <3
Akimbo
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada105 Posts
February 06 2014 02:27 GMT
#803
His idra going back to study Theoretical Physics?
1-1+1-1+1-1+1-.......
bretfart
Profile Joined July 2012
114 Posts
February 06 2014 08:08 GMT
#804
On February 06 2014 07:11 fishjie wrote:
Never liked the guy, he had a horrible attitude and blamed all his losses on everyone but himself. He constantly criticized others for being awful, yet was never any good at the game either, memorable only for his rage quits when he was either even or ahead. He then got fired from eg because he kept telling people he wanted them to die of cancer. All his fanboys were enablers and when he made the comment about being paid to treat them badly (the comment that cost him his job) it was funny cause it was true. It is funny that someone who hated the game so much stuck around so long.

It's all a moot point now since sc2 is on it's last dying breath, but if esports as a whole is to make it, toxic players such as this need to retire earlier.


100% correct. 100%!!!
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
February 06 2014 08:13 GMT
#805
Haven't really cared about sc2 since Idra left, I mean I watch it, I follow it, but the times my heart was pumping with excitement since Idra's career have been few and far between.


Idra speaking his thoughts was so refreshing, because we all know all players have hate for certain players or strategies.
It's just that everyone else censored themselves. We hear it all the time how players and casters are night and day between playing and in private.

#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
February 08 2014 02:14 GMT
#806
Idra = Sheldon
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
frostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States178 Posts
February 08 2014 03:11 GMT
#807
If you're not having fun, it's probably best to leave. Good riddance. Go find what you love and do that instead.

Starcraft was never about making money in the Brood War days, it was about making a name for yourself. Not by being a drama queen or a 'personality', but by being an innovative player who found new ways to win at a decade-old game. If you expect that this bubble from early WoL days was going to last, when SC2 was the only eSport, you should've known better.

I am okay with the way things have turned out. Sure, the NA scene is still nonexistent, but the game itself is still just starting to find it's place. SC2 isn't going anywhere, and even if the Korean and EU scene are the only ones who stick with it I'll still watch every tournament. Brood War took many years before it grew to be one of the most successful eSports around, and SC2 will have to as well.
we are all but shadows in the void
daxile
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada829 Posts
February 08 2014 04:07 GMT
#808
never thought i'd see idra retire from esports! crazy.

gl in future idra
to live is to suffer
Scorpion77
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
98 Posts
February 08 2014 23:49 GMT
#809
RIP Grack
Rosbife
Profile Joined June 2011
Portugal15 Posts
February 09 2014 06:59 GMT
#810
Wow. The end of an Era indeed, the link did not lie.

I wonder if Greg knows the impact his SC(2) run has had on the community.

Such a legend, for better or worse.

derp
withlove
Profile Joined February 2014
Austria1 Post
February 09 2014 07:17 GMT
#811
My first post on teamliquid just because of this "groundbreaking event"...

I think it is the best decision he made so far. I dont understand how someone can play a game "he does not like". That's just stupid and tells a lot about a person's mindset and character. Quite good as a player but quite bad in his behaviour as we all know. He could have been Top 10 but his mindset limited him to "another GM player that plays Zerg". I think he will change in "school" and he should. If he does not change he will haunt society with his bad attitude afterwards like he did as a player, regardless what he will do then.
Life is a game. Gaming is life.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
February 09 2014 09:30 GMT
#812
On February 08 2014 11:14 writer22816 wrote:
Idra = Sheldon


The latter is supposed to be a genius.
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
February 09 2014 10:13 GMT
#813
Wow...this is probably a good decision for him but still so sad. The most famous and most controversial SC2 progamer of all time is gone.
MrProb
Profile Joined January 2011
Thailand794 Posts
February 09 2014 10:36 GMT
#814
On February 06 2014 10:08 BrieFanFiction wrote:
Well, I've posted this a couple times by now but I mean it when I say it. The post applies to you a great deal Greg. I actually wrote this some time ago. I still remember walking down from the third floor of my barracks and over to the PX to buy some Icehouse 5.5% and .59 cent "burritos" a couple hours before you played and rooting for you while I was drunker than shit. I miss those old Red and Blue MLG days... kind of. This was originally aimed at JP, thus the pro-"showbiz" ring to it. But Greg deserves "all the props" as well (seeing as he provided 2 years of great entertainment).

+ Show Spoiler +
I initially got into SC:BW in Iraq around February 2010. I had previously been a Warcraft 2 player and never got into BW. Anyway, my roommate had a copy of BW and let me install it, and soon enough I was addicted. I played that game so much that it became my escape from the shitty reality over there. I still remember pausing games and running out of my CHU to the bunkers because we were getting rocketed. Once I was assigned to the MEOC at FOB Echo to a joint operation between the 8th Iraqi Army and US. I played so much BW while guarding that satellite equipment (basically sitting right next to it making sure it didn't disappear) that the Iraqi General came up to me and (through his terp) told me it was his son's 5th birthday, and since I played "that game" so much it must be awesome and he would like me to make a copy for his son. I politely explained that BW wasn't suitable for a 5 year old, but my Sgt had an NES emulator with all the games and gave the kid that. At least he could have some kind of "childhood" as we say... Anyway, I was stoked that SC2 happened to be coming out in (August?) of 2010, and when it launched I bought it and played the shit out of it until I returned on 1 Oct, 2010.

All my good friends were stop-lossed in Iraq, meaning their initial active duty contracts were extended to force them to go to Iraq for another year. One month after I got back nearly my entire crew got out of the Army or were sent to other units, scattered to the four winds (the Army tried to get them out ASAP as they had already done their time +). I was on my own in the old barracks with tons of new guys, many of whom had never deployed before (I had deployed twice at that point) and they annoyed the shit out of me. Our barracks had no heating for some reason, and it was so cold that I bought a giant down comforter to keep myself warm. In fact, the thermostat in the room where we're supposed to be able to adjust the temperature had a giant spiderweb crack in it emanating out from a small point, where somebody had probably raged out and stabbed it. My new leadership had no idea how to handle our strange assignment (personal security detail for the Brigade Commander of ~4,000 soldiers) and put tons of pressure on me to show them what to do and make sure everything was perfect. My life was fucking terrible. Literally the night I got back to the states (1 Oct 2010) my friends picked me up and we went to buy some liquor. Jim Beam had some bullshit "Welcome Home" label on their shit so I bought it to support them supporting us and found that I liked it, probably too much. By the time I had been back for two months I would buy a handle on Monday which would be gone by Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and two out of three Sundays each got their own 1/5th a night followed by Hamburger Helper made on my hot plate (awww yeahhhh!) and a quart of water then bed. I would normally start drinking at around 6pm and finish at 2am, then wake up at 6am to do physical training.

It makes me sad to say this but during those shitty days SC2 was my only friend. I still remember the old MLG red and blue streams and all your SOTG shows, as well as ITG, Destiny starting up, and Idra in his prime. When MLGs were on I would wake up and buy a 30 rack of Icehouse and sync my maximum drunkenness to Idra's games, cheering for him like a drunk Spaniard at a soccer match. When he would get knocked out of a tournament I would be devastated. I still remember when MC came out and gave Idra the thumbs down then 4-0'd him. It may be irrational (as I'm no longer an Idra fan) but I've hated MC ever since. -- This was after you lost your passion

I was following the scene really hard by about March 2011 and watched Destiny/Idra/everything constantly. SOTG and ITG (which I think had just started) were the highlights of my week! I would make sure to have four beers in me before the show started and I would get progressively more wasted as it went along, cheering when you all made good points and feeling glad I wasn't the only one who was upset over this or that.

On my first deployment I arrested an Iraqi who had been a Colonel under Saddam and was still loyal to him. This Colonel had been the head of a major IED cell in Tikrit (Saddam's hometown). After the mission everyone said good job blah blah (he was a high value target) and life went on as normal. One week later the word came back that the Iraqi's had hung him. Even though it wasn't traumatic, the weight hit me like a ton of bricks.

One time I had a dream that I was standing in front of a giant 2D map of the earth that took up a whole wall. In the top center the year "1988" appeared (the year I was born) and in New York (where I grew up) there was a bright yellow dot that started to move around and left a yellow trail behind it wherever it went. At the same time there was a blue dot in Iraq doing the same thing. The years rotated further ahead as the lines squiggled. Squiggle squiggle the lines went around, me squiggling in NY for 18 years then ZOOM down to Georgia then ZOOM over to Washington State then ZOOM over to Iraq where the blue dot has been squiggling in the same little area for years. Then it zoomed in and my yellow dot and the blue dot were separated only by gridsquares (representing 1 click, 1000 meters, .6 miles) and the yellow dot went over to the blue dot, the two dots squiggled, and then the blue dot went a few grid squares away and slowly faded from baby-blue, the same color as it's trail, to a dark, burnt out navy blue. The dot stopped moving. When I woke up, in my mind I naturally completed the dream with the yellow dot flying back to the states and resuming it's squiggling.

My life is in order now (sober, hitting the gym, lots of new friends and in college with a 3.8 and plenty of money) and when I think back on those shitty times (mainly January 2011 - August 2011) when you guys were my only "friends", I realize how much I owe you. The entertainment that you guys provided really became my life. I would walk around for two weeks before an MLG or Dreamhack or whatever, so excited! I would draw out brackets and try to predict who would win. SC2 was just the only light in my life at that point. When you explained how you would wake up and feel the stress of having to organize the show, and think "fuckkk there's so much to do" and Day9 leaned toward you and agreed, it really hit me that you guys were carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders. I can picture you rolling over, getting out of bed, and proceeding to arrange the show with it's content and guests and hardware setup, and I feel deeply grateful that you saw it through and went on with the production. Remember that 11,000 people watched tonight's show. I promise you that at least one of them was sitting there in their room with their parents fighting in the kitchen, trying to block it out; or trying to forget about how their dog or cat has cancer and their parents don't have the $1600 to save it; about the conversation they just had with their parents where they were told "We just don't have the money to get you anything for your birthday" or just had with their girlfriend and "It's just not working out." Sometimes people need a couple hours away from it all, and that's what all of you give us day in and day out.

What I've learned throughout this whole thing is that entertainment is one of the most noble enterprises someone can go into. If you think about it, beer, Pepsi, football, music, movies, gaming, all of it falls under entertainment, and it all serves one primary purpose: To take our minds off our worries. For providing me with endless opportunities to do just that, I thank you and everyone else.

Thanks, and may your dots squiggle for the next eighty years!


Is there a +1 button ?

This is really touching and related to a lot of people with personal problems to deal with out there including me, sometimes all you need is an escape from real world for a short period of time to get through it.
rave[wcr] wrote: wtf how can erik understand kelly, its like han solo and chewabacca overthere.
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
February 09 2014 11:47 GMT
#815
Grack Grack Grack.. understand the choice though.
Incredible Miracle
zz_
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1022 Posts
February 10 2014 04:39 GMT
#816
Hope you know you'll be missed.

I'm sad you aren't going to be streaming dota 2 though. Even if you're not very good at the game, it was interesting watching you get progressively better at, quite frankly, and alarming rate. I've played dota for 7 years and you're already better than I was 3 years ago.
In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
February 10 2014 07:13 GMT
#817
On February 06 2014 07:11 fishjie wrote:
Never liked the guy, he had a horrible attitude and blamed all his losses on everyone but himself. He constantly criticized others for being awful, yet was never any good at the game either, memorable only for his rage quits when he was either even or ahead. He then got fired from eg because he kept telling people he wanted them to die of cancer. All his fanboys were enablers and when he made the comment about being paid to treat them badly (the comment that cost him his job) it was funny cause it was true. It is funny that someone who hated the game so much stuck around so long.

It's all a moot point now since sc2 is on it's last dying breath, but if esports as a whole is to make it, toxic players such as this need to retire earlier.


Too bad we didn't have more happy fun people like fishjie in the scene, who probably goes to funerals and pees on the body

Let us enjoy our happy memories in peace
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Tchado
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Jordan1831 Posts
February 10 2014 07:22 GMT
#818
On February 06 2014 10:08 BrieFanFiction wrote:
Well, I've posted this a couple times by now but I mean it when I say it. The post applies to you a great deal Greg. I actually wrote this some time ago. I still remember walking down from the third floor of my barracks and over to the PX to buy some Icehouse 5.5% and .59 cent "burritos" a couple hours before you played and rooting for you while I was drunker than shit. I miss those old Red and Blue MLG days... kind of. This was originally aimed at JP, thus the pro-"showbiz" ring to it. But Greg deserves "all the props" as well (seeing as he provided 2 years of great entertainment).

+ Show Spoiler +
I initially got into SC:BW in Iraq around February 2010. I had previously been a Warcraft 2 player and never got into BW. Anyway, my roommate had a copy of BW and let me install it, and soon enough I was addicted. I played that game so much that it became my escape from the shitty reality over there. I still remember pausing games and running out of my CHU to the bunkers because we were getting rocketed. Once I was assigned to the MEOC at FOB Echo to a joint operation between the 8th Iraqi Army and US. I played so much BW while guarding that satellite equipment (basically sitting right next to it making sure it didn't disappear) that the Iraqi General came up to me and (through his terp) told me it was his son's 5th birthday, and since I played "that game" so much it must be awesome and he would like me to make a copy for his son. I politely explained that BW wasn't suitable for a 5 year old, but my Sgt had an NES emulator with all the games and gave the kid that. At least he could have some kind of "childhood" as we say... Anyway, I was stoked that SC2 happened to be coming out in (August?) of 2010, and when it launched I bought it and played the shit out of it until I returned on 1 Oct, 2010.

All my good friends were stop-lossed in Iraq, meaning their initial active duty contracts were extended to force them to go to Iraq for another year. One month after I got back nearly my entire crew got out of the Army or were sent to other units, scattered to the four winds (the Army tried to get them out ASAP as they had already done their time +). I was on my own in the old barracks with tons of new guys, many of whom had never deployed before (I had deployed twice at that point) and they annoyed the shit out of me. Our barracks had no heating for some reason, and it was so cold that I bought a giant down comforter to keep myself warm. In fact, the thermostat in the room where we're supposed to be able to adjust the temperature had a giant spiderweb crack in it emanating out from a small point, where somebody had probably raged out and stabbed it. My new leadership had no idea how to handle our strange assignment (personal security detail for the Brigade Commander of ~4,000 soldiers) and put tons of pressure on me to show them what to do and make sure everything was perfect. My life was fucking terrible. Literally the night I got back to the states (1 Oct 2010) my friends picked me up and we went to buy some liquor. Jim Beam had some bullshit "Welcome Home" label on their shit so I bought it to support them supporting us and found that I liked it, probably too much. By the time I had been back for two months I would buy a handle on Monday which would be gone by Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and two out of three Sundays each got their own 1/5th a night followed by Hamburger Helper made on my hot plate (awww yeahhhh!) and a quart of water then bed. I would normally start drinking at around 6pm and finish at 2am, then wake up at 6am to do physical training.

It makes me sad to say this but during those shitty days SC2 was my only friend. I still remember the old MLG red and blue streams and all your SOTG shows, as well as ITG, Destiny starting up, and Idra in his prime. When MLGs were on I would wake up and buy a 30 rack of Icehouse and sync my maximum drunkenness to Idra's games, cheering for him like a drunk Spaniard at a soccer match. When he would get knocked out of a tournament I would be devastated. I still remember when MC came out and gave Idra the thumbs down then 4-0'd him. It may be irrational (as I'm no longer an Idra fan) but I've hated MC ever since. -- This was after you lost your passion

I was following the scene really hard by about March 2011 and watched Destiny/Idra/everything constantly. SOTG and ITG (which I think had just started) were the highlights of my week! I would make sure to have four beers in me before the show started and I would get progressively more wasted as it went along, cheering when you all made good points and feeling glad I wasn't the only one who was upset over this or that.

On my first deployment I arrested an Iraqi who had been a Colonel under Saddam and was still loyal to him. This Colonel had been the head of a major IED cell in Tikrit (Saddam's hometown). After the mission everyone said good job blah blah (he was a high value target) and life went on as normal. One week later the word came back that the Iraqi's had hung him. Even though it wasn't traumatic, the weight hit me like a ton of bricks.

One time I had a dream that I was standing in front of a giant 2D map of the earth that took up a whole wall. In the top center the year "1988" appeared (the year I was born) and in New York (where I grew up) there was a bright yellow dot that started to move around and left a yellow trail behind it wherever it went. At the same time there was a blue dot in Iraq doing the same thing. The years rotated further ahead as the lines squiggled. Squiggle squiggle the lines went around, me squiggling in NY for 18 years then ZOOM down to Georgia then ZOOM over to Washington State then ZOOM over to Iraq where the blue dot has been squiggling in the same little area for years. Then it zoomed in and my yellow dot and the blue dot were separated only by gridsquares (representing 1 click, 1000 meters, .6 miles) and the yellow dot went over to the blue dot, the two dots squiggled, and then the blue dot went a few grid squares away and slowly faded from baby-blue, the same color as it's trail, to a dark, burnt out navy blue. The dot stopped moving. When I woke up, in my mind I naturally completed the dream with the yellow dot flying back to the states and resuming it's squiggling.

My life is in order now (sober, hitting the gym, lots of new friends and in college with a 3.8 and plenty of money) and when I think back on those shitty times (mainly January 2011 - August 2011) when you guys were my only "friends", I realize how much I owe you. The entertainment that you guys provided really became my life. I would walk around for two weeks before an MLG or Dreamhack or whatever, so excited! I would draw out brackets and try to predict who would win. SC2 was just the only light in my life at that point. When you explained how you would wake up and feel the stress of having to organize the show, and think "fuckkk there's so much to do" and Day9 leaned toward you and agreed, it really hit me that you guys were carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders. I can picture you rolling over, getting out of bed, and proceeding to arrange the show with it's content and guests and hardware setup, and I feel deeply grateful that you saw it through and went on with the production. Remember that 11,000 people watched tonight's show. I promise you that at least one of them was sitting there in their room with their parents fighting in the kitchen, trying to block it out; or trying to forget about how their dog or cat has cancer and their parents don't have the $1600 to save it; about the conversation they just had with their parents where they were told "We just don't have the money to get you anything for your birthday" or just had with their girlfriend and "It's just not working out." Sometimes people need a couple hours away from it all, and that's what all of you give us day in and day out.

What I've learned throughout this whole thing is that entertainment is one of the most noble enterprises someone can go into. If you think about it, beer, Pepsi, football, music, movies, gaming, all of it falls under entertainment, and it all serves one primary purpose: To take our minds off our worries. For providing me with endless opportunities to do just that, I thank you and everyone else.

Thanks, and may your dots squiggle for the next eighty years!


You know this is the first time I actually wish Bw and sc2 never existed , anything that made your life easier over there is something I hope it never existed , apply that to all US troops in Iraq.

yeah I said it.
knOxStarcraft
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada422 Posts
February 10 2014 07:37 GMT
#819
On February 10 2014 16:22 Tchado wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2014 10:08 BrieFanFiction wrote:
Well, I've posted this a couple times by now but I mean it when I say it. The post applies to you a great deal Greg. I actually wrote this some time ago. I still remember walking down from the third floor of my barracks and over to the PX to buy some Icehouse 5.5% and .59 cent "burritos" a couple hours before you played and rooting for you while I was drunker than shit. I miss those old Red and Blue MLG days... kind of. This was originally aimed at JP, thus the pro-"showbiz" ring to it. But Greg deserves "all the props" as well (seeing as he provided 2 years of great entertainment).

+ Show Spoiler +
I initially got into SC:BW in Iraq around February 2010. I had previously been a Warcraft 2 player and never got into BW. Anyway, my roommate had a copy of BW and let me install it, and soon enough I was addicted. I played that game so much that it became my escape from the shitty reality over there. I still remember pausing games and running out of my CHU to the bunkers because we were getting rocketed. Once I was assigned to the MEOC at FOB Echo to a joint operation between the 8th Iraqi Army and US. I played so much BW while guarding that satellite equipment (basically sitting right next to it making sure it didn't disappear) that the Iraqi General came up to me and (through his terp) told me it was his son's 5th birthday, and since I played "that game" so much it must be awesome and he would like me to make a copy for his son. I politely explained that BW wasn't suitable for a 5 year old, but my Sgt had an NES emulator with all the games and gave the kid that. At least he could have some kind of "childhood" as we say... Anyway, I was stoked that SC2 happened to be coming out in (August?) of 2010, and when it launched I bought it and played the shit out of it until I returned on 1 Oct, 2010.

All my good friends were stop-lossed in Iraq, meaning their initial active duty contracts were extended to force them to go to Iraq for another year. One month after I got back nearly my entire crew got out of the Army or were sent to other units, scattered to the four winds (the Army tried to get them out ASAP as they had already done their time +). I was on my own in the old barracks with tons of new guys, many of whom had never deployed before (I had deployed twice at that point) and they annoyed the shit out of me. Our barracks had no heating for some reason, and it was so cold that I bought a giant down comforter to keep myself warm. In fact, the thermostat in the room where we're supposed to be able to adjust the temperature had a giant spiderweb crack in it emanating out from a small point, where somebody had probably raged out and stabbed it. My new leadership had no idea how to handle our strange assignment (personal security detail for the Brigade Commander of ~4,000 soldiers) and put tons of pressure on me to show them what to do and make sure everything was perfect. My life was fucking terrible. Literally the night I got back to the states (1 Oct 2010) my friends picked me up and we went to buy some liquor. Jim Beam had some bullshit "Welcome Home" label on their shit so I bought it to support them supporting us and found that I liked it, probably too much. By the time I had been back for two months I would buy a handle on Monday which would be gone by Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and two out of three Sundays each got their own 1/5th a night followed by Hamburger Helper made on my hot plate (awww yeahhhh!) and a quart of water then bed. I would normally start drinking at around 6pm and finish at 2am, then wake up at 6am to do physical training.

It makes me sad to say this but during those shitty days SC2 was my only friend. I still remember the old MLG red and blue streams and all your SOTG shows, as well as ITG, Destiny starting up, and Idra in his prime. When MLGs were on I would wake up and buy a 30 rack of Icehouse and sync my maximum drunkenness to Idra's games, cheering for him like a drunk Spaniard at a soccer match. When he would get knocked out of a tournament I would be devastated. I still remember when MC came out and gave Idra the thumbs down then 4-0'd him. It may be irrational (as I'm no longer an Idra fan) but I've hated MC ever since. -- This was after you lost your passion

I was following the scene really hard by about March 2011 and watched Destiny/Idra/everything constantly. SOTG and ITG (which I think had just started) were the highlights of my week! I would make sure to have four beers in me before the show started and I would get progressively more wasted as it went along, cheering when you all made good points and feeling glad I wasn't the only one who was upset over this or that.

On my first deployment I arrested an Iraqi who had been a Colonel under Saddam and was still loyal to him. This Colonel had been the head of a major IED cell in Tikrit (Saddam's hometown). After the mission everyone said good job blah blah (he was a high value target) and life went on as normal. One week later the word came back that the Iraqi's had hung him. Even though it wasn't traumatic, the weight hit me like a ton of bricks.

One time I had a dream that I was standing in front of a giant 2D map of the earth that took up a whole wall. In the top center the year "1988" appeared (the year I was born) and in New York (where I grew up) there was a bright yellow dot that started to move around and left a yellow trail behind it wherever it went. At the same time there was a blue dot in Iraq doing the same thing. The years rotated further ahead as the lines squiggled. Squiggle squiggle the lines went around, me squiggling in NY for 18 years then ZOOM down to Georgia then ZOOM over to Washington State then ZOOM over to Iraq where the blue dot has been squiggling in the same little area for years. Then it zoomed in and my yellow dot and the blue dot were separated only by gridsquares (representing 1 click, 1000 meters, .6 miles) and the yellow dot went over to the blue dot, the two dots squiggled, and then the blue dot went a few grid squares away and slowly faded from baby-blue, the same color as it's trail, to a dark, burnt out navy blue. The dot stopped moving. When I woke up, in my mind I naturally completed the dream with the yellow dot flying back to the states and resuming it's squiggling.

My life is in order now (sober, hitting the gym, lots of new friends and in college with a 3.8 and plenty of money) and when I think back on those shitty times (mainly January 2011 - August 2011) when you guys were my only "friends", I realize how much I owe you. The entertainment that you guys provided really became my life. I would walk around for two weeks before an MLG or Dreamhack or whatever, so excited! I would draw out brackets and try to predict who would win. SC2 was just the only light in my life at that point. When you explained how you would wake up and feel the stress of having to organize the show, and think "fuckkk there's so much to do" and Day9 leaned toward you and agreed, it really hit me that you guys were carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders. I can picture you rolling over, getting out of bed, and proceeding to arrange the show with it's content and guests and hardware setup, and I feel deeply grateful that you saw it through and went on with the production. Remember that 11,000 people watched tonight's show. I promise you that at least one of them was sitting there in their room with their parents fighting in the kitchen, trying to block it out; or trying to forget about how their dog or cat has cancer and their parents don't have the $1600 to save it; about the conversation they just had with their parents where they were told "We just don't have the money to get you anything for your birthday" or just had with their girlfriend and "It's just not working out." Sometimes people need a couple hours away from it all, and that's what all of you give us day in and day out.

What I've learned throughout this whole thing is that entertainment is one of the most noble enterprises someone can go into. If you think about it, beer, Pepsi, football, music, movies, gaming, all of it falls under entertainment, and it all serves one primary purpose: To take our minds off our worries. For providing me with endless opportunities to do just that, I thank you and everyone else.

Thanks, and may your dots squiggle for the next eighty years!


You know this is the first time I actually wish Bw and sc2 never existed , anything that made your life easier over there is something I hope it never existed , apply that to all US troops in Iraq.

yeah I said it.

Lol someone's mad.
Tchado
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Jordan1831 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-10 07:43:39
February 10 2014 07:42 GMT
#820
On February 10 2014 16:37 knOxStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 16:22 Tchado wrote:
On February 06 2014 10:08 BrieFanFiction wrote:
Well, I've posted this a couple times by now but I mean it when I say it. The post applies to you a great deal Greg. I actually wrote this some time ago. I still remember walking down from the third floor of my barracks and over to the PX to buy some Icehouse 5.5% and .59 cent "burritos" a couple hours before you played and rooting for you while I was drunker than shit. I miss those old Red and Blue MLG days... kind of. This was originally aimed at JP, thus the pro-"showbiz" ring to it. But Greg deserves "all the props" as well (seeing as he provided 2 years of great entertainment).

+ Show Spoiler +
I initially got into SC:BW in Iraq around February 2010. I had previously been a Warcraft 2 player and never got into BW. Anyway, my roommate had a copy of BW and let me install it, and soon enough I was addicted. I played that game so much that it became my escape from the shitty reality over there. I still remember pausing games and running out of my CHU to the bunkers because we were getting rocketed. Once I was assigned to the MEOC at FOB Echo to a joint operation between the 8th Iraqi Army and US. I played so much BW while guarding that satellite equipment (basically sitting right next to it making sure it didn't disappear) that the Iraqi General came up to me and (through his terp) told me it was his son's 5th birthday, and since I played "that game" so much it must be awesome and he would like me to make a copy for his son. I politely explained that BW wasn't suitable for a 5 year old, but my Sgt had an NES emulator with all the games and gave the kid that. At least he could have some kind of "childhood" as we say... Anyway, I was stoked that SC2 happened to be coming out in (August?) of 2010, and when it launched I bought it and played the shit out of it until I returned on 1 Oct, 2010.

All my good friends were stop-lossed in Iraq, meaning their initial active duty contracts were extended to force them to go to Iraq for another year. One month after I got back nearly my entire crew got out of the Army or were sent to other units, scattered to the four winds (the Army tried to get them out ASAP as they had already done their time +). I was on my own in the old barracks with tons of new guys, many of whom had never deployed before (I had deployed twice at that point) and they annoyed the shit out of me. Our barracks had no heating for some reason, and it was so cold that I bought a giant down comforter to keep myself warm. In fact, the thermostat in the room where we're supposed to be able to adjust the temperature had a giant spiderweb crack in it emanating out from a small point, where somebody had probably raged out and stabbed it. My new leadership had no idea how to handle our strange assignment (personal security detail for the Brigade Commander of ~4,000 soldiers) and put tons of pressure on me to show them what to do and make sure everything was perfect. My life was fucking terrible. Literally the night I got back to the states (1 Oct 2010) my friends picked me up and we went to buy some liquor. Jim Beam had some bullshit "Welcome Home" label on their shit so I bought it to support them supporting us and found that I liked it, probably too much. By the time I had been back for two months I would buy a handle on Monday which would be gone by Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and two out of three Sundays each got their own 1/5th a night followed by Hamburger Helper made on my hot plate (awww yeahhhh!) and a quart of water then bed. I would normally start drinking at around 6pm and finish at 2am, then wake up at 6am to do physical training.

It makes me sad to say this but during those shitty days SC2 was my only friend. I still remember the old MLG red and blue streams and all your SOTG shows, as well as ITG, Destiny starting up, and Idra in his prime. When MLGs were on I would wake up and buy a 30 rack of Icehouse and sync my maximum drunkenness to Idra's games, cheering for him like a drunk Spaniard at a soccer match. When he would get knocked out of a tournament I would be devastated. I still remember when MC came out and gave Idra the thumbs down then 4-0'd him. It may be irrational (as I'm no longer an Idra fan) but I've hated MC ever since. -- This was after you lost your passion

I was following the scene really hard by about March 2011 and watched Destiny/Idra/everything constantly. SOTG and ITG (which I think had just started) were the highlights of my week! I would make sure to have four beers in me before the show started and I would get progressively more wasted as it went along, cheering when you all made good points and feeling glad I wasn't the only one who was upset over this or that.

On my first deployment I arrested an Iraqi who had been a Colonel under Saddam and was still loyal to him. This Colonel had been the head of a major IED cell in Tikrit (Saddam's hometown). After the mission everyone said good job blah blah (he was a high value target) and life went on as normal. One week later the word came back that the Iraqi's had hung him. Even though it wasn't traumatic, the weight hit me like a ton of bricks.

One time I had a dream that I was standing in front of a giant 2D map of the earth that took up a whole wall. In the top center the year "1988" appeared (the year I was born) and in New York (where I grew up) there was a bright yellow dot that started to move around and left a yellow trail behind it wherever it went. At the same time there was a blue dot in Iraq doing the same thing. The years rotated further ahead as the lines squiggled. Squiggle squiggle the lines went around, me squiggling in NY for 18 years then ZOOM down to Georgia then ZOOM over to Washington State then ZOOM over to Iraq where the blue dot has been squiggling in the same little area for years. Then it zoomed in and my yellow dot and the blue dot were separated only by gridsquares (representing 1 click, 1000 meters, .6 miles) and the yellow dot went over to the blue dot, the two dots squiggled, and then the blue dot went a few grid squares away and slowly faded from baby-blue, the same color as it's trail, to a dark, burnt out navy blue. The dot stopped moving. When I woke up, in my mind I naturally completed the dream with the yellow dot flying back to the states and resuming it's squiggling.

My life is in order now (sober, hitting the gym, lots of new friends and in college with a 3.8 and plenty of money) and when I think back on those shitty times (mainly January 2011 - August 2011) when you guys were my only "friends", I realize how much I owe you. The entertainment that you guys provided really became my life. I would walk around for two weeks before an MLG or Dreamhack or whatever, so excited! I would draw out brackets and try to predict who would win. SC2 was just the only light in my life at that point. When you explained how you would wake up and feel the stress of having to organize the show, and think "fuckkk there's so much to do" and Day9 leaned toward you and agreed, it really hit me that you guys were carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders. I can picture you rolling over, getting out of bed, and proceeding to arrange the show with it's content and guests and hardware setup, and I feel deeply grateful that you saw it through and went on with the production. Remember that 11,000 people watched tonight's show. I promise you that at least one of them was sitting there in their room with their parents fighting in the kitchen, trying to block it out; or trying to forget about how their dog or cat has cancer and their parents don't have the $1600 to save it; about the conversation they just had with their parents where they were told "We just don't have the money to get you anything for your birthday" or just had with their girlfriend and "It's just not working out." Sometimes people need a couple hours away from it all, and that's what all of you give us day in and day out.

What I've learned throughout this whole thing is that entertainment is one of the most noble enterprises someone can go into. If you think about it, beer, Pepsi, football, music, movies, gaming, all of it falls under entertainment, and it all serves one primary purpose: To take our minds off our worries. For providing me with endless opportunities to do just that, I thank you and everyone else.

Thanks, and may your dots squiggle for the next eighty years!


You know this is the first time I actually wish Bw and sc2 never existed , anything that made your life easier over there is something I hope it never existed , apply that to all US troops in Iraq.

yeah I said it.

Lol someone's mad.


Shit happens

EDIT : GOM just posted this , great video


Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech166
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1057
Mini 918
Soma 761
actioN 462
Rush 384
Light 332
Horang2 316
Stork 276
BeSt 266
Larva 266
[ Show more ]
Snow 236
ggaemo 236
hero 226
Killer 111
firebathero 111
Barracks 110
Aegong 102
Sea.KH 85
Zeus 79
Dewaltoss 68
Shine 61
JYJ 48
soO 43
Sexy 37
Sharp 34
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 24
zelot 17
Rock 17
sorry 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
qojqva1794
Dendi674
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
Fnx 793
x6flipin439
fl0m69
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4962
Khaldor578
Other Games
gofns46850
singsing1585
B2W.Neo886
byalli502
Lowko369
Mlord264
DeMusliM211
Livibee189
KnowMe180
Liquid`VortiX160
ArmadaUGS96
Trikslyr32
Chillindude16
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
WardiTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream195
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH134
• StrangeGG 68
• mYiSmile118
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV386
League of Legends
• Nemesis2229
• Jankos1805
• TFBlade571
Other Games
• Shiphtur75
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 46m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.