• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:45
CEST 06:45
KST 13:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7755 users

[Interview] SPL Khan vs Prime/MVP vs JinAir Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
44 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 10:54:31
January 17 2014 06:14 GMT
#1
Stork - "I'm not a natural talent, I'm here because of my work ethic."
A more positive Stork

[image loading]
source: This Is Game


You broke your length 13 loss streak.

I started my losing streak after losing my match with sOs on the 21st of April last year. Even in the off-season there were a lot of online tournaments, but I kept falling out so I thought that I had really had no skill. Now I feel like I can breathe a little.

Your opponent was a rookie on debut.

I know that when the fans look at this match, it seems obvious that I should win, but there are so many good SC2 players that the existing core of strong players have lost a lot of their advantage. Personally, I think of today's victory as an extremely valuable one.

People are saying that this is a victory borne of extraordinary effort?

I was playing around a lot in the off-season. Until then, when we were playing games internally I thought my skills were about average. When I started practising for the upcoming season, I realised that my skills weren't even average. That really kicked me into gear, and I practised hard.

Did today's match go as planned?

The opponent prepared well, and caused a lot of frustrating situations for me. I kept thinking a lot of negative thoughts. But once I saw the Ultralisks, I felt more at ease. Because they're so expensive, you can't make a lot of them at once. In a fight between two maxed armies, Protoss can win the game by winning a single fight.

What do you think are your weaknesses?

I think personally that I'm not adapting well to televised games. As my win-rate has dwindled as I've transitioned to SC2, I haven't been able to play much, especially with less individual tournaments. I think it was because my confidence was dwindling too.

You're in Code A?

It's made me hate GomTV so much (laughter). When the coaches saw the groups, they laughed. It feels like now, I'm the one being sacrificed by being put into this group for the good of the others. I was hoping for an easy group, so I'm pretty disappointed. When I first saw it, I was really put off and found it de-motivating. Then I thought about beating Xellos on debut, and I changed my mindset. Even if I get knocked out now, I want to make it a time where I progress. I'm thinking more positively now.

You were on a map thought to be bad for Protoss, Sejong Science Station.

In the first week of SPL, people talked a lot about how Protoss was strong. But honestly, I think Protoss is not good. The player that's good, regardless of map is No. 1, but Protoss has to be defensive and the other races have the initiative. That's why I think the other races are good. If you look at the players dominating the top of the ladder, there aren't many Terrans. There are a lot of Zergs and Protoss's but the players that are good are only up to a certain level. If I look at it from this point of view, it seems like balance is fine but also like it's totally broken. At the end of the day, the map doesn't matter too much. I don't have much confidence in my PvP, but I thought that I would play a Zerg on this map so that's why I went out on this map.

Your goal for this season?

I've already achieved my goal. In all truth, my goal was to end my losing streak. Because my results have been so bad, I thought that I would get sent out for less game. My team-mates are working really hard so I'm really hoping for good results.

Any remarks to finish?

Because I've been losing so much, I haven't had a chance to thank people. I want to thank my team-mates for helping me practice. Playing SC2 has changed my mind a lot. I thought that I was a natural talent, but turns out that I'm here because of my work-ethic. I'd like to be the kind of player that shows better and better matches because of their hard work.



6 wins out of the gate! Maru - "I want to play against Parting"
Aiming for the King of Wins, presents a challenge to Parting.

[image loading]
source: This Is Game

How do you feel after winning 2 games?

I didn't think that I would be playing the Ace Match, so I was completely flustered. I think that the opposition's strategy was a good one.

In the first game, you were attacked by early zerglings but you defended it well.

There was an early drone scout, so I did anticipate it. I think I didn't tense up too much and stayed calm, which helped me defend well.

How do you feel about your current ascendancy?

I seem to have such good luck with every game I play, so I'm amazed every game. I think it's going well.

You had to play a Protoss in the Ace Match.

I want to keep playing just Protoss's. Compared to the other match-ups, playing Protoss feels comfortable and always goes the way I think it will.

After today's wins, you're at the top of the Most Wins rankings.

I think if I can stay in the condition I'm in, I think I can definitely stay there.

The next match, you'll be playing SKT T1. Are you confident, even if you're up against Parting, who is also doing well?

I really hope I get to play against Parting. Even if it's to stay on top of the Most Wins ranking, I think I need to meet him in a match.

There's a lot of people saying "Protoss Imba". What do you think?

Protoss is definitely imba, but I think only the TvP match up is going well for me.

Any final remarks?

Today is Rogue's birthday, so I want to wish him a Happy Birthday. I want to thank aLive for helping me practice. I also want to thank the Coach and everyone at Jin Air.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
January 17 2014 06:26 GMT
#2
Cool @ stork

lol @ maru "i want to play only protoss" suicidal terran
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 17 2014 06:47 GMT
#3
aLive helped Maru practice? What a guy he should probably be picked up by Jin Air or something.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 06:49:38
January 17 2014 06:48 GMT
#4
i think you mean jin air vs mvp not prime vs mvp ^_^
Thanks for the interviews!
Moderatorlickypiddy
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
January 17 2014 06:55 GMT
#5
Stork fighting!

Maru-PartinG for new MKP-PartinG rivalry? =D (Although it's probably more Maru-Dear right now)
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 07:41:09
January 17 2014 07:40 GMT
#6
On January 17 2014 15:48 NovemberstOrm wrote:
i think you mean jin air vs mvp not prime vs mvp ^_^
Thanks for the interviews!

My brain still thinks Maru is in Prime. Sorry!
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
January 17 2014 07:50 GMT
#7
Stork !
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 17 2014 08:00 GMT
#8
On January 17 2014 16:40 Mintie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2014 15:48 NovemberstOrm wrote:
i think you mean jin air vs mvp not prime vs mvp ^_^
Thanks for the interviews!

My brain still thinks Maru is in Prime. Sorry!

it's fine :D
Moderatorlickypiddy
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 17 2014 08:00 GMT
#9
baller stork sick kid maru oh yeahhhhhhhh

When I first saw it, I was really put off and found it de-motivating. Then I thought about beating Xellos on debut, and I changed my mindset. Even if I get knocked out now, I want to make it a time where I progress. I'm thinking more positively now.

SO BALLER
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 17 2014 10:02 GMT
#10
thanks for storku interview!!!!
lystier
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
China877 Posts
January 17 2014 10:55 GMT
#11
It's such a pity that maru's not facing parting in the coming week of proleague
Startale forever.
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
January 17 2014 10:58 GMT
#12
On January 17 2014 19:55 lystier wrote:
It's such a pity that maru's not facing parting in the coming week of proleague

my thoughts indeed
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
January 17 2014 10:58 GMT
#13
Any one else think MaruPrime sounds better than Jir_AirMaru ?
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
January 17 2014 10:58 GMT
#14
kinda like STXSouLINnoVation rather than AcerINnoVation
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
usopsama
Profile Joined April 2008
6502 Posts
January 17 2014 11:07 GMT
#15
But once I saw the Ultralisks, I felt more at ease.


He speaks the truth. :D
Khai
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia553 Posts
January 17 2014 11:07 GMT
#16
On January 17 2014 19:58 Hadronsbecrazy wrote:
Any one else think MaruPrime sounds better than Jir_AirMaru ?


I do, but he's left Prime so can't help it now. He's doing really well at JinAir Green Wings though. It'll be interesting to see how 2014 pans out for the prince.
Tchado
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Jordan1831 Posts
January 17 2014 11:13 GMT
#17
"Protoss is definitely imba, but I think only the TvP match up is going well for me."

LOL MARU ! XD
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
January 17 2014 11:14 GMT
#18
stork is the 3rd player with most points in my FPL

thanks for translate ^^
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
hidetoaizen
Profile Joined January 2013
Norway460 Posts
January 17 2014 11:38 GMT
#19
oh Stork, i feel so bad for you for the group you got in Code A
Nal_rA | Stork | MKP | ㅇㅅㅌㅅ | Shine | do your best whatever whenever wherever ! - LiquidHerO | I don't know about any other day, but today I'm the champion of the world - SouL_Dear
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 11:59:51
January 17 2014 11:58 GMT
#20
Happy for Stork that he broke his losing streak, and good luck in Cofe A. However I have a feeling Maru is quickly going to regret saying that.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 265
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 500
Larva 457
Leta 73
NaDa 41
TT1 18
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm245
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft450
Mew2King104
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1058
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2172
League of Legends
• Rush1214
• Lourlo1067
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 15m
INu's Battles
7h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 15m
Replay Cast
18h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.