• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:30
CEST 19:30
KST 02:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9224 users

Starbow - Page 44

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 346 Next
HerrHorst
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany140 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 17:38:04
January 15 2014 17:37 GMT
#861
On January 16 2014 02:35 Squat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 02:31 HerrHorst wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:56 Avean wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:47 shivver wrote:
Look at this

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11224202871?page=1

LOL I mean that forum has the SH*TTIEST community I have ever seen. There's no doubting where sc2 is headed and despite all that they still resist and insist that david kim and dustin browder is going to lead them to the promised land

fuking delusional fanboys


Yet youre the only one who fit the description of a fanboy here. You have a mod which you like alot, then you demand a whole community to quit SC2 and play Starbow instead. Do you know how insane that is? SC2 has been balanced out for years now, and you want a modmaker to take over? Dude .....


Reading the thread it seems the community there is just tired of constant spamming of threads like this. Despite all the hype Starbow still has to proove it's a better game and has the same potential like Dota or Counterstrike to surpass the orginal game.

Please do not act like you know how "the community" feels. The only hype I see is about fun.


I meant the community in the posted thread/blizzard forum, I know what they think because I read the thread...
Quixotic_tv
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Germany130 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 18:23:05
January 15 2014 18:13 GMT
#862
Well, I'll give it a try.

Having played BW like 13 years ago for the last time, I am not a BW nostalgic, but I of course see that BW was a well-made game. I also would prefer the lurker over the swarm host. Boring swarm host. Who likes a unit that looks like a mushroom with mucopurulent blisters and walks like giant tortoise?

What I like is that the devs say that they don't want to make it better than SC2 itself.

Generally, you can't compare different genres with each other. It' like saying tennis is better than football. You can only say you enjoy tennis more than you enjoy football.

In team games like LoL or HoN, I am often more frustrated than when playing 1v1, because my team mates often seem to think they play a single player game like diablo or Sims 3
Life always finds a way.
ANLProbe
Profile Joined October 2013
667 Posts
January 15 2014 18:20 GMT
#863
Roaches seem a bit strong vs Protoss. Also what units have had their damge point lowered to 0?
Go TAEJA
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 18:25:33
January 15 2014 18:24 GMT
#864
On January 16 2014 03:20 ANLProbe wrote:
Roaches seem a bit strong vs Protoss. Also what units have had their damge point lowered to 0?


From what I'm seeing Dragoons kill roaches but die to hydras, meanwhile roaches kill Zealots but die to Dragoons and, lastly Zealots rape hydras and since both sides will always some of each I think its important to micro very well and keep your zealots pinned to the hydras and dragoons on roaches.

Its probably easier then it sounds, but you also have a lot more reaction time since the overall DPS of units is low enough that you can micro in battle.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
superpanda27
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
111 Posts
January 15 2014 18:24 GMT
#865
On January 16 2014 03:13 papalion wrote:
Well, I'll give it a try.

Having played BW like 13 years ago for the last time, I am not a BW nostalgic, but I of course see that BW was a well-made game. I also would prefer the lurker over the swarm host. Boring swarm host. Who likes a unit that looks like a mushroom with blisters a walks like giant tortoise

What I like is that the devs say that they don't want to make it better than SC2 itself.

Generally, you can't compare different genres with each other. It' like saying tennis is better than football. You can only say you enjoy tennis more than you enjoy football.

In team games like LoL or HoN, I am often more frustrated than when playing 1v1, because my team mates often seem to think they play a single player game like diablo or Sims 3


Woah I love the way the swarm host looks and moves... how it works on the other hand, not really. I wonder what if they made swarm hosts into an artillery unit. Where if you make banelings you can load them into a swarm host to launch them into enemies similar to that spore cannon idea.

Anyways watching Renzen vs Jacko made it seem like Starbow roaches are really powerful almost too powerful, but it is still too early to say.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 15 2014 18:36 GMT
#866
On January 16 2014 02:37 HerrHorst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 02:35 Squat wrote:
On January 16 2014 02:31 HerrHorst wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:56 Avean wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:47 shivver wrote:
Look at this

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11224202871?page=1

LOL I mean that forum has the SH*TTIEST community I have ever seen. There's no doubting where sc2 is headed and despite all that they still resist and insist that david kim and dustin browder is going to lead them to the promised land

fuking delusional fanboys


Yet youre the only one who fit the description of a fanboy here. You have a mod which you like alot, then you demand a whole community to quit SC2 and play Starbow instead. Do you know how insane that is? SC2 has been balanced out for years now, and you want a modmaker to take over? Dude .....


Reading the thread it seems the community there is just tired of constant spamming of threads like this. Despite all the hype Starbow still has to proove it's a better game and has the same potential like Dota or Counterstrike to surpass the orginal game.

Please do not act like you know how "the community" feels. The only hype I see is about fun.


I meant the community in the posted thread/blizzard forum, I know what they think because I read the thread...

There is a section of the SC2 community that seem to be comming annoyed with the endless threads about Starbow bring better than SC2. The one posted above is pretty silly and Starbow fans really shouldn't be looking to replace SC2. People should just enjoy the mod and not attack the game that other people enjoy.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
January 15 2014 18:39 GMT
#867
Since the swarm host isn't in this game and the scourge is back, this game has to be better than SC 2. Thus, guess there's no choice but to play some. A little sad about dmatrix being moved from the vessel though
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
January 15 2014 18:46 GMT
#868
On January 16 2014 03:36 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 02:37 HerrHorst wrote:
On January 16 2014 02:35 Squat wrote:
On January 16 2014 02:31 HerrHorst wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:56 Avean wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:47 shivver wrote:
Look at this

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11224202871?page=1

LOL I mean that forum has the SH*TTIEST community I have ever seen. There's no doubting where sc2 is headed and despite all that they still resist and insist that david kim and dustin browder is going to lead them to the promised land

fuking delusional fanboys


Yet youre the only one who fit the description of a fanboy here. You have a mod which you like alot, then you demand a whole community to quit SC2 and play Starbow instead. Do you know how insane that is? SC2 has been balanced out for years now, and you want a modmaker to take over? Dude .....


Reading the thread it seems the community there is just tired of constant spamming of threads like this. Despite all the hype Starbow still has to proove it's a better game and has the same potential like Dota or Counterstrike to surpass the orginal game.

Please do not act like you know how "the community" feels. The only hype I see is about fun.


I meant the community in the posted thread/blizzard forum, I know what they think because I read the thread...

There is a section of the SC2 community that seem to be comming annoyed with the endless threads about Starbow bring better than SC2. The one posted above is pretty silly and Starbow fans really shouldn't be looking to replace SC2. People should just enjoy the mod and not attack the game that other people enjoy.

People were attacking SC2 way before SB was on the radar. It merely became a convenient cudgel. It's more an expression of frustration over the recalcitrance of the developers to address certain issues. It's inevitable that some of the mounting irritation regarding SC2 would spill over into the SB hype.

For me, I just look for fun at this point in starbow's development. If it's fun, that's all I care about, and for me it is.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 15 2014 18:58 GMT
#869
On January 16 2014 03:46 Squat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 03:36 Plansix wrote:
On January 16 2014 02:37 HerrHorst wrote:
On January 16 2014 02:35 Squat wrote:
On January 16 2014 02:31 HerrHorst wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:56 Avean wrote:
On January 16 2014 01:47 shivver wrote:
Look at this

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11224202871?page=1

LOL I mean that forum has the SH*TTIEST community I have ever seen. There's no doubting where sc2 is headed and despite all that they still resist and insist that david kim and dustin browder is going to lead them to the promised land

fuking delusional fanboys


Yet youre the only one who fit the description of a fanboy here. You have a mod which you like alot, then you demand a whole community to quit SC2 and play Starbow instead. Do you know how insane that is? SC2 has been balanced out for years now, and you want a modmaker to take over? Dude .....


Reading the thread it seems the community there is just tired of constant spamming of threads like this. Despite all the hype Starbow still has to proove it's a better game and has the same potential like Dota or Counterstrike to surpass the orginal game.

Please do not act like you know how "the community" feels. The only hype I see is about fun.


I meant the community in the posted thread/blizzard forum, I know what they think because I read the thread...

There is a section of the SC2 community that seem to be comming annoyed with the endless threads about Starbow bring better than SC2. The one posted above is pretty silly and Starbow fans really shouldn't be looking to replace SC2. People should just enjoy the mod and not attack the game that other people enjoy.

People were attacking SC2 way before SB was on the radar. It merely became a convenient cudgel. It's more an expression of frustration over the recalcitrance of the developers to address certain issues. It's inevitable that some of the mounting irritation regarding SC2 would spill over into the SB hype.

For me, I just look for fun at this point in starbow's development. If it's fun, that's all I care about, and for me it is.

All of that is true, but it doesn't mean that the other peoples opinion is invalid or they don't have a right to complain about people shitting on their game.

I think it's great that the mod and I'm really happy people are enjoying it. I watch some of it being played on my lunch break. But I could give two shits if people think is it better than SC2. And ther are a lot of people with similar points of view.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
January 15 2014 19:07 GMT
#870
I just want to give a big highfive to the creators that have worked tirelessly on this mod =)

Hope to see a scene grow around this, with tournaments and players showcasing good games

Watching basetradeTV Starbow tournament right now, and its awesome.

Only small thing i maybe (not quite sure yet) think is something the creators of this mod should be aware of, is the "less is more" mantra. I feel the queen / terran command center maybe has to many options. To me its not a quality by itself that many units has spells / abilities (like blink stalkers having planned 2 spells) or roaches with an ability, but again I could be wrong. Keep up the good work
GrandSmurf
Profile Joined July 2003
Netherlands462 Posts
January 15 2014 19:21 GMT
#871
well done. i was overwhelmed by a feeling i had'nt felt in a long time... a spark of hope.

i truly believe this is the start of a revolution.
One time that happened and I just stopped everything, selected the offending SCV, hit Cancel, moved it over to my Barracks, made a Marine, had the Marine shoot it to death, then left the game.
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
January 15 2014 19:29 GMT
#872
The strange thing is that once the arcade is made free, multiplayer Starbow will become more accessible to play(at least cost wise) than 1v1 sc2. Sure there is no ladder but you don't need a ladder to enjoy good games. Back in broodwar I never touched the ladder and it was nothing but pleasant memories.
NukeD
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia1612 Posts
January 15 2014 19:38 GMT
#873
On January 16 2014 04:29 MstrJinbo wrote:
The strange thing is that once the arcade is made free, multiplayer Starbow will become more accessible to play(at least cost wise) than 1v1 sc2. Sure there is no ladder but you don't need a ladder to enjoy good games. Back in broodwar I never touched the ladder and it was nothing but pleasant memories.

Oh the irony.
sorry for dem one liners
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 20:10:11
January 15 2014 20:09 GMT
#874
Corsairs have a really hard time chasing mutas down after they run back, as well as moving shot attacking scourge.
Basically, they're slow
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
January 15 2014 20:14 GMT
#875
On January 16 2014 04:29 MstrJinbo wrote:
The strange thing is that once the arcade is made free, multiplayer Starbow will become more accessible to play(at least cost wise) than 1v1 sc2. Sure there is no ladder but you don't need a ladder to enjoy good games. Back in broodwar I never touched the ladder and it was nothing but pleasant memories.


starcraft 2 1v1 will be as free as starbow ...
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
January 15 2014 20:15 GMT
#876
Is it only me or someone else dislikes the huge splash graphic of scourges? You cant see whats going on for a short time.
Total Annihilation Zero
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 20:17:37
January 15 2014 20:17 GMT
#877
On January 16 2014 05:15 TaShadan wrote:
Is it only me or someone else dislikes the huge splash graphic of scourges? You cant see whats going on for a short time.

same. and aesthetically, similar to banelings. Maverck's model is good, as is his defiler model
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
January 15 2014 20:21 GMT
#878
The Defiler looks huge to me. And the baneling splash animation for the scourges seems weird.

I feel like Spider Mines don't do enough damage, nor do Reaver's scarabs. But I have only played like 4 games, those are just my first impressions.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
January 15 2014 20:22 GMT
#879
On January 16 2014 05:21 Mistakes wrote:
The Defiler looks huge to me. And the baneling splash animation for the scourges seems weird.

I feel like Spider Mines don't do enough damage, nor do Reaver's scarabs. But I have only played like 4 games, those are just my first impressions.


WHAT

I find them so op XD
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
January 15 2014 20:22 GMT
#880
Starbow is not on Liquipedia.
This means Starbow events would have a hard time to get approved for the TL calendar.


Liquipedia
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 212
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 584
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26749
Mini 444
Hyuk 273
firebathero 182
ggaemo 107
Liquid`Ret 63
Mong 50
Hyun 39
Killer 28
PianO 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
Bale 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9787
qojqva1664
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1442
crisheroes1220
Liquid`Hasu642
Other Games
Grubby2277
FrodaN2026
fl0m1166
Beastyqt742
Mlord459
Liquid`VortiX222
Livibee162
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS134
Mew2King58
Trikslyr48
ToD33
CosmosSc2 18
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick901
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• printf 37
• mYiSmile124
• Adnapsc2 13
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7919
Other Games
• imaqtpie510
• Shiphtur290
• WagamamaTV238
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 30m
INu's Battles
18h 30m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 30m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.