• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9636 users

live action starcraft remake

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
tyrrollins
Profile Joined October 2013
United States3 Posts
October 23 2013 23:02 GMT
#1
Hello, I made this live action starcraft broodwar intro remake, with updated armor from sc2 and various other things. I've read your rules about posting these things, and it is with the utmost respect to the house rules that I post this here for the community's consumption. My team considers it to be of high quality when compared to what is available in terms of live action starcraft content, and it is my hope to inspire and provide meaningful content to the community. To use the analogy in the rules, I've brewed a keg of beer for your party and I'm just trying to be a thoughtful neighbor. So I hope you enjoy the beer and only ask you be merciful in whatever wrath you throw at me for disturbing your party.

bertolo
Profile Joined June 2010
United States133 Posts
October 24 2013 00:49 GMT
#2
That was awesome.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
October 24 2013 01:03 GMT
#3
wow that was really well made. nicely done
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
October 24 2013 01:14 GMT
#4
holy cow that was good.
I'm really impressed.
And so faithful to the original source, too!

Great job, guys!
moo...for DRG
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
October 24 2013 01:26 GMT
#5
that was AWESOME!
KT FlaSh FOREVER
Nightsz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada398 Posts
October 24 2013 01:36 GMT
#6
that was actually pretty amazing, damn
Bourneq
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden800 Posts
October 24 2013 01:40 GMT
#7
Wow that was great! Good job.
I also love the high number of threads that start with statements on how they fear the mods. It makes me feel safe.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
October 24 2013 01:51 GMT
#8
Good stuff ^^
BW forever
T P Z sagi
jonhy-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Slovakia167 Posts
October 24 2013 02:04 GMT
#9
realy awesome work too bad it was not longer i could watch a whole movie :D
Best of luck
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
October 24 2013 02:11 GMT
#10
Wow that's pretty good stuff.
dat nostalgia T.T
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
October 24 2013 02:15 GMT
#11
Woah! Really nice job there! I'd watch a whole movie's worth of that for sure
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
October 24 2013 02:25 GMT
#12
Well done, I love it! The marine can barely walk in that suit, huh xD
jjakji fan
Mahanaim
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1002 Posts
October 24 2013 02:33 GMT
#13
This was so good!
Celebrating Starcraft since... a long time ago.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
October 24 2013 02:34 GMT
#14
My only nitpick is that the Marine asking who was in charge had the wrong tone of voice for the situation he was in. In the cinematic, the Marine was much more gruff and forceful, shouting over the din of the battle and frustrated with his predicament. Here, he seems entirely too calm and composed.

I thoroughly enjoyed the video aside from that, though. Brilliant work!
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
October 24 2013 02:35 GMT
#15
On October 24 2013 11:25 slowbacontron wrote:
Well done, I love it! The marine can barely walk in that suit, huh xD

Stimpack exists for a reason.
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
October 24 2013 02:43 GMT
#16
this is pretty amazing!

can you share some insight into how it was produced?
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
October 24 2013 02:50 GMT
#17
Damn that was cool. I really liked the exchange between Stukov and Gerrard, it was quite good. Kudos!
Writer@joonjoewong
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
October 24 2013 02:51 GMT
#18
+ Show Spoiler [bw spoilers] +
rip alexi
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Arkanthiel
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines100 Posts
October 24 2013 03:00 GMT
#19
Really Nice. I agree with what Archas said, though. It was supposed to be a battlefield, but the marine's question felt out of place. Also, it's probably due to licensing or something, but the absence of the war 'noise' (you know, the loud chaotic rock music) at the start felt kinda empty.
Los! Los Cabadrin!
Auronz
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil119 Posts
October 24 2013 03:03 GMT
#20
Absolutely amazing stuff, dowant high budget three hour movie now!

The acting was a bit off at times and one or two lines were different but I'm still amazed, just hope that if Starcraft ever gets to be filmed* it's as faithful.

*Considering Warcraft seems like it's going to happen I fear it's inevitable that Starcraft follows suit someday, unless the movie completely flunks, but we can only hope for decent content I guess...
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 24 2013 03:09 GMT
#21
Just how i remembered it. Great job. Shot for shot perfect. Captured the tone of the intro exactly right. Great Job ^__^
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
starimk
Profile Joined December 2011
106 Posts
October 24 2013 03:14 GMT
#22
Very nicely done! I myself have been attempting to put together a script for a multi-film adaptation of the SC1/BW lore (more of a pet project than an active engagement), but damn! That looks really good! I'm a bit curious how you created the Zerg animations - the way they move and the body textures seem like close up footage of actual insects, but I'm just guessing.

A couple points for constructive feedback (keep in mind I have no experience with filming and have no access to any film equipment so I may sound like a spoiled child here):
1. The acting could use some work. Gerard's voice doesn't quite bring out the French accent, though Alexei's voice seemed fine. The way the actors move doesn't seem as fluid as the original cinematic - Gerard and Alexei seem a little far apart; the marine walking toward his comrade walks rather stiffly (though I imagine that was a limitation of the exosuit). On another note, the walking marine's voice doesn't reverberate like it did in the original cinematic - it loses some intensity when it sounds like he's mildly raising his voice rather than shouting at the top of his lungs, trying to make himself audible above the din and despair. (Speaking of which, I think adding in additional battle sound effects would really help - it sounds a bit empty when the grenade bounces in.) Perhaps additional sound editing could help?
2. The zerglings in the beginning and the battlecruiser could perhaps integrate better into the picture - maybe the lighting could be adjusted so you see the shadows better? It would be really cool if you constructed a physical model of the battlecruiser rather than the in game engine model.

Once again, I apologize if I sound like I'm asking for too much; I really appreciate the work done here. The firebat torching the zergling and marine looked awesome, and I liked that the windows on the battlecruiser bridge start closing at the end. It looks like you dug an actual trench for the battle scene, which is awesome; the final shot of the zerglings running towards the middle of the trench looked great. Kudos!
[CCSRAM] BaoQuan
Profile Joined August 2013
United States96 Posts
October 24 2013 03:23 GMT
#23
This was nicely done! Good job!
Caladbolg
Profile Joined March 2011
2855 Posts
October 24 2013 06:09 GMT
#24
Ah man the memories, the memories!
"I don't like the word prodigy at all. To me prodigy sounds like a person who was 'gifted' all these things rather than a person who earned all these talents by hard training... I must train harder to reach my goal." - Flash
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
October 24 2013 06:18 GMT
#25
Holy shit that was actually amazing. I had very low expectations but that actually completely blew my mind. Great work!
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
StarMoon
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada682 Posts
October 24 2013 06:48 GMT
#26
Nicely done.

Great first post!
Patate
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada441 Posts
October 24 2013 06:55 GMT
#27
That feel when you remember the whole conversation..
Dead game.
dudecrush
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada418 Posts
October 24 2013 07:16 GMT
#28
That was probably my favorite cutscene in BW, and this was a very well done reproduction. Thanks!
rhin0x
Profile Joined February 2013
Poland21 Posts
October 24 2013 08:56 GMT
#29
Fantastic work, congratz!
Butcher them Cash, cut them up, beat them down, choke the f*****g life out of them.
tyrrollins
Profile Joined October 2013
United States3 Posts
October 24 2013 21:25 GMT
#30
Im glad everyone seems to enjoy it. To address some issues that came up. Yeah, my acting leaves a lot to be desired. Personally I think a lot of the acting in the starcraft cutscenes is pretty cheesy and I was trying to replicate the original as close as possible. Plus I had just fallen in the suit and my codpiece broke off, which you can see in one of the shots so I was a little demoralized. It is also very difficult to move in the suit, blizzard doesn't like to make anatomically and ergonomic designs. As far as the other actors go, we gave them what we had and they did their best and I think they did a good job. All the trench stuff is done in a trench I dug, and the bridge stuff is all studio. In regards to physical models, I really love working with miniatures, but they are very difficult to film. In order to have models not look like models, you need to film them at high frame rates which is calculated using a formula I dont know off the top of my head, but its a ratio based on the scale of the model. Plus it took me a year to build the suit in my basement, and I was tired of building stuff. The zerg was really difficult to work with because the model is actually a sculpture mesh, which are not designed to be animated. We plan on doing a behind the scenes and cover a lot of this stuff and do effects break downs.
acidbean
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany287 Posts
October 24 2013 21:37 GMT
#31
Really well done
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
October 24 2013 21:41 GMT
#32
well done! GJ
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
October 24 2013 21:44 GMT
#33
Please stay with us, this was amazing. I for one would love to have you in our community. Thank you so much for the quality work.
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
Cracy
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland221 Posts
October 24 2013 21:48 GMT
#34
Love it
Oderint dum probent
Negius
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands290 Posts
October 24 2013 21:58 GMT
#35
This is really fantastic work. I can't imagine how long it took to make this superb quality.
Please keep making this stuff in the future, I know many of us will support it.
[Terran] mvp | maru | innovation | mma [Protoss] mc | squirtle [Zerg] nestea | soo
MagnuMizer
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Denmark384 Posts
October 24 2013 22:12 GMT
#36
siiiiiick !! 10/10
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
October 24 2013 22:18 GMT
#37
The memories! ^^ But I cannot get the image of the zerg out of my head. They looked like lice under a microphone. Still nicely done, though.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
DinoToss
Profile Joined August 2013
Poland507 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 22:20:38
October 24 2013 22:20 GMT
#38
haha holy fuck that was amazing, though i always prefered vanilla intro.
My wrist really started to flare up. My colossi number started to pile up and with the last of my concentration I prepared for a win.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
October 24 2013 22:31 GMT
#39
11/10

i mean holy fuck, wow, i'm stunned!!!!

tyrrollins you should send this to Blizzard (or post in on Bnet forums) I bet they would be completely overwhelmed as we are
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
tuoli9
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland211 Posts
October 24 2013 22:49 GMT
#40
Good work man!

I love that broodwar intro so much. I can't comprehend why blizzard changed the feel and theme of the SC universe so much in the sequel...
tyrrollins
Profile Joined October 2013
United States3 Posts
October 25 2013 01:31 GMT
#41
Yeah I think the broodwar intro is the best cinematic that blizzard has ever done. It contains a lot of thematic elements that are generally non-existent in their other cinematics. That's half the reason I chose to do it, the other half being that the way it was shot and edited lended itself to being feasible in a live action setting. Any more and it would be too much.

I posted this on reddit and on the blizzard forums, but it didn't really go anywhere. So far this place has shown it the most love, which to be honest I wasnt really expecting, which I appreciate very much.
Efemral
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia67 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 01:51:14
October 25 2013 01:49 GMT
#42
That was very cool. Reminded me, a little, of Command & Conquer cut-scenes.

Edit: just digging that trench must have taken ages.
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
ddrddrddrddr
Profile Joined August 2010
1344 Posts
October 25 2013 01:59 GMT
#43
Now do protoss!
Sharkies
Profile Joined May 2011
Hong Kong92 Posts
October 25 2013 02:10 GMT
#44
That is very impressive! Well done!

Certainly brings back the memories
Penguinator
Profile Joined December 2010
United States837 Posts
October 25 2013 02:14 GMT
#45
On October 25 2013 06:44 FluffyBinLaden wrote:
Please stay with us, this was amazing. I for one would love to have you in our community. Thank you so much for the quality work.


I second this
Towelie.635
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
October 25 2013 02:17 GMT
#46
On October 25 2013 10:31 tyrrollins wrote:
Yeah I think the broodwar intro is the best cinematic that blizzard has ever done. It contains a lot of thematic elements that are generally non-existent in their other cinematics. That's half the reason I chose to do it, the other half being that the way it was shot and edited lended itself to being feasible in a live action setting. Any more and it would be too much.

I posted this on reddit and on the blizzard forums, but it didn't really go anywhere. So far this place has shown it the most love, which to be honest I wasnt really expecting, which I appreciate very much.


You should've posted this to the brood war section. Would get even more love there. Great work btw!
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
j1nzo
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany367 Posts
October 27 2013 11:25 GMT
#47
gj!
i like the mood of the video, it fits the bw (terran) story line realy well...
is it to be continued?
♞ rest in peace Madiba ♞
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 27 2013 11:35 GMT
#48
That was excellent! Seeing that battlecruiser floating above the marines and then watching the scene you created where the admiral deserts his soldiers is very good. You guys did well on the graphics and the sound!
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
October 27 2013 13:47 GMT
#49
really impressive
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
starithm
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States118 Posts
October 27 2013 14:38 GMT
#50
I just logged in to say that this was really amazing to watch! :D
http://www.twitch.tv/starithm
Moonsalt
Profile Joined May 2011
267 Posts
October 27 2013 15:06 GMT
#51
WOW
kawoq
Profile Joined November 2005
Guatemala357 Posts
October 29 2013 18:13 GMT
#52
That was ..... oh the nostalgia... Thanks for sharing it here, great work, amazing job!!!!
"It is not a shameful thing to be unable to reach the goal. It's becoming afraid and running away, even before considering the fact that the road is long and rough, that is truly cowardly." by - Lim Yo Hwan aka SlayerS_Boxer from "Crazy as me"
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 684
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC492
Rex99
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 492
Rex 99
UpATreeSC 96
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 43
Codebar 13
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 19
Rock 19
Terrorterran 17
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1291
Dendi785
Counter-Strike
Fnx 747
x6flipin271
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3445
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu450
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1692
byalli464
B2W.Neo376
ceh9370
KnowMe120
QueenE83
Trikslyr35
Chillindude23
Railgan21
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3473
League of Legends
• TFBlade1055
Other Games
• imaqtpie719
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
Stellar Fest
19h 34m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.