• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:43
CEST 19:43
KST 02:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11455 users

WSL (Women Starcraft II League) about to start - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
August 09 2013 09:44 GMT
#201
On August 09 2013 18:25 Odenetheus wrote:
I posted that because there was a discussion as recently as on the previous page regarding the neurology of humans, and I also do find it annoying when people claim that we do not know whether or not it is genetical.

My apologies if it was entirely pointless.


It is because that's not the topic. Topic is : "A SC2 Tournaments". Wtf with transexuality ? Stop it please.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
August 09 2013 10:15 GMT
#202
Unsurprisingly one-sided, that's what happens when a gold leaguer faces a master league player I guess
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Hryul
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria2609 Posts
August 09 2013 10:42 GMT
#203
On August 09 2013 17:49 PepsiMaxxxx wrote:
This dude is restreaming it:
http://sv.twitch.tv/cheeseheadlogic

doesn't work for me
Countdown to victory: 1 200!
THM
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria1131 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-09 13:02:55
August 09 2013 12:50 GMT
#204
Didn't manage to start the afreeca thing at all because it's in korean, or I did, but it gives me some stupid thing in Korean which I cannot even translate with google translate, and when I click the only button it closes the window.

Great way to draw in international viewers WSL!
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 09 2013 19:11 GMT
#205
On August 09 2013 18:12 Odenetheus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:06 iMAniaC wrote:
To be honest, I don't think any of us know to what extent Scarlett is different from IdrA or HuK. She's obviously (at least) neurologically different, and to the best of my knowledge, we can't really know if that neurological difference stems from a difference in her DNA or not. It's obviously a tautology; if she were just like IdrA or HuK, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. However, this is not the topic of this thread (and I'm sure the moderators are growing really tired of this recurring discussion in so many threads), so I'm not going to say anything else about it. I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't assume to know too much about Scarlett's DNA, hormones or neurological setup (as a lot of people seem to think they know), nor do I think that the "tech specs" of humans are the end-all be-all of this discussion. But as I said, that's another discussion altogether.

On topic: Does anyone know where to find brackets or indeed any info at all about this tournament? I tried to search, but I don't know Korean, so it didn't turn up too much...


Yes, yes we do know that transsexuality is, at least partly, caused by an androgen receptor difference, thus it is genetical. Whether or not this causes her brain to develop differently than that of the average male, I am unsure, but since testosteron plays an important part during the development of males, I would assume so, and thus my bet would be that it is closer to a female brain than a male one (of course depending on just how high levels of testosterone she would have had during her childhood).

Source:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18962445


I guess I stand corrected

I was going to write a lengthier response about my original post being sloppily worded, but then I noticed that I said I wasn't going to say anything else about it, so I'll leave it at that.
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 10 2013 05:11 GMT
#206
I took a proper look at the brackets now and there's some kind of wonky seeding into Ro8. However, I don't know any Korean. Someone care to give me the gist of it?
6NR
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1472 Posts
August 10 2013 09:32 GMT
#207
I support this!
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
August 10 2013 09:57 GMT
#208
On August 10 2013 14:11 iMAniaC wrote:
I took a proper look at the brackets now and there's some kind of wonky seeding into Ro8. However, I don't know any Korean. Someone care to give me the gist of it?
Without translating, just from looking at the numbers (1,2) and arrows, I think it means in the future iterations of the league the top two finishers from previous seasons will be seeded in the second round.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Fusa
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada148 Posts
August 10 2013 10:22 GMT
#209
not to sound cruel or judgmental, but I stand by the fact that "transgender" people should not be competeing "sports" wise against non-transgender (of the opposite gender)

So what I am saying is, transgender women are not women, they are built differently, chemically different, larger hands to access more of the keyboard. ( there is no argument here, its a proven fact). But to ask actually women born a woman to play (for all intensive purposes) a man in a sports setting is wrong and should not be allowed.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Female_SC2_Scene

Look at the "notable female players" the first one is a transgender (male based on chromosomes) which should be a slap in the face to true women gamers of the same caliber. Start distinguishing between women/men in a tournament setting (for women) and you will get a true result as to who the best female gamer is.
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 10 2013 11:44 GMT
#210
On August 10 2013 18:57 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 14:11 iMAniaC wrote:
I took a proper look at the brackets now and there's some kind of wonky seeding into Ro8. However, I don't know any Korean. Someone care to give me the gist of it?
Without translating, just from looking at the numbers (1,2) and arrows, I think it means in the future iterations of the league the top two finishers from previous seasons will be seeded in the second round.


Perhaps. But it wouldn't make much sense, seeing that the bracket in the OP is for the first season, and there are no previous winners... Perhaps the losers of the first get put in a group stage, from which the best 2 out of 5 get seeded back in?

There's a LP page up now: (Wiki)WSL. Does anyone know any hangul? I attempted to transcribe the hangul nicks, but I'm not 100% confident in my ability to do that and I realize that I wouldn't get it if some of them were hangulifications of English words...
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
August 10 2013 16:20 GMT
#211
아이멤 = IM, (or possible "I am")
디바 = Diva
어디가 = "Where are you going"
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
August 10 2013 16:26 GMT
#212
On August 11 2013 01:20 FuRong wrote:
아이멤 = IM, (or possible "I am")
디바 = Diva
어디가 = "Where are you going"


i second this
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
ToF
Profile Joined December 2011
Suriname40 Posts
August 10 2013 20:08 GMT
#213
So who won?
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
August 10 2013 20:11 GMT
#214
is Gayoung winning everything like always?
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 10 2013 20:45 GMT
#215
On August 11 2013 01:26 Chexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:20 FuRong wrote:
아이멤 = IM, (or possible "I am")
디바 = Diva
어디가 = "Where are you going"


i second this


Thanks, both of you! 어디가 isn't some pronounciation of "Where are you going", though? It only means that in Korean, right? I think it would be reasonable to transcribe the handles, but not translate them. For instance, it would be silly for English casters to talk about the Finnish player Face (Naama) or French casters talking about the German Player LE (Le Petit - The Little One).
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
August 10 2013 20:59 GMT
#216
On August 10 2013 19:22 Fusa wrote:
not to sound cruel or judgmental, but I stand by the fact that "transgender" people should not be competeing "sports" wise against non-transgender (of the opposite gender)

So what I am saying is, transgender women are not women, they are built differently, chemically different, larger hands to access more of the keyboard. ( there is no argument here, its a proven fact). But to ask actually women born a woman to play (for all intensive purposes) a man in a sports setting is wrong and should not be allowed.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Female_SC2_Scene

Look at the "notable female players" the first one is a transgender (male based on chromosomes) which should be a slap in the face to true women gamers of the same caliber. Start distinguishing between women/men in a tournament setting (for women) and you will get a true result as to who the best female gamer is.


Joe Rogan is that you..?
"Right on" - Morrow
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
August 10 2013 21:01 GMT
#217
On July 31 2013 20:00 Dodgin wrote:
Eve retired too soon.


well are aphrodite etc playing in it ? eve never came ahead of them so i think for her personal life perhaps its best when she find good job ... retire is not always a bad thing when it bring you further in life
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
stuzH
Profile Joined September 2011
United States56 Posts
August 17 2013 12:17 GMT
#218
Where can i watch the VOD's from august 9? also when will the stream be live today?
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
August 17 2013 13:23 GMT
#219
On August 10 2013 19:22 Fusa wrote:
not to sound cruel or judgmental, but I stand by the fact that "transgender" people should not be competeing "sports" wise against non-transgender (of the opposite gender)

So what I am saying is, transgender women are not women, they are built differently, chemically different, larger hands to access more of the keyboard. ( there is no argument here, its a proven fact). But to ask actually women born a woman to play (for all intensive purposes) a man in a sports setting is wrong and should not be allowed.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Female_SC2_Scene

Look at the "notable female players" the first one is a transgender (male based on chromosomes) which should be a slap in the face to true women gamers of the same caliber. Start distinguishing between women/men in a tournament setting (for women) and you will get a true result as to who the best female gamer is.


I think your opinion would be valid if this was a physical sport since there are definitely clear evidence of the difference between the two sexes and the peak of their performance in that area, but there is absolutely no evidence to show that women can't compete with men in a cerebral activity such as SC2.

Until such a time as a study comes up that proves that women and male brains function differently as to the point that one is superior to the other in certain fields (with SC2 being one of them) then I'd agree that having a transgender in a female/male sport would be bad (this as far as I know does happen in real sports). But this isn't the case right now.

This discussion will also probably pop up whenever an all female league is formed, though the purpose of the tournament/league should always be clear, to encourage more women to get into video games, not to give them a shot to earn easy money, once women have leveled the playing field with men the female only leagues should be disbanded or unified with other competitions.

So far this seems league seems like a good idea to me, I hope some new talent is discovered and that the scene could maybe grow even more.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
August 24 2013 07:36 GMT
#220
Its too bad tonights broadcast will be at the same time as WCS, bad schedule on WSL's part. 디바 fighting ~_~
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 276
UpATreeSC 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1427
actioN 461
BeSt 214
Dewaltoss 153
firebathero 93
Zeus 64
Barracks 53
Trap 35
Sexy 31
zelot 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
soO 23
ToSsGirL 23
JYJ 19
Shine 17
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7436
qojqva2528
Dendi842
420jenkins176
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1025
Fnx 766
x6flipin641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6150
crisheroes5211
Liquid`Hasu669
Other Games
Beastyqt654
B2W.Neo584
ceh9491
byalli362
ArmadaUGS165
KnowMe154
Khaldor139
C9.Mang0138
TKL 114
BRAT_OK 76
Trikslyr60
Railgan12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV263
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 52
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 54
• blackmanpl 22
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix8
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV447
League of Legends
• Nemesis3765
• TFBlade989
Other Games
• Shiphtur350
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 17m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 17m
Stellar Fest
19h 17m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.