• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6436 users

WSL (Women Starcraft II League) about to start - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
LeviathanDK
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark87 Posts
August 24 2013 08:13 GMT
#221
It is sooo laggy for me unwatchable
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 24 2013 17:18 GMT
#222
On August 17 2013 21:17 stuzH wrote:
Where can i watch the VOD's from august 9? also when will the stream be live today?


The VODs can be found here:
http://www.afreeca.com/estv01/ and then you have to click on the "전체보기" right over the VODs toward the bottom of the page and then go to page 3. The url stays the same all the time, so you'll have to navigate a little on your own.

Other VODs can be found on http://estv.kr/Vod.

It seems there's been some group play with the losers from the first round. I tried to update (Wiki)WSL with it, but I haven't checked out the VODs yet myself, so there's no scores or anything up yet. Feel free to add them yourselves if you watch them. Just log into LP with your regular TL username and password and click edit.

EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
August 24 2013 17:49 GMT
#223
are those 2 girls on the banner the same person, or different people?
savior did nothing wrong
Ureth_RA
Profile Joined July 2011
United States78 Posts
August 24 2013 17:51 GMT
#224
If I wanna watch plat level players ill just watch myself play
Pein Is Love
skadumdums
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States20 Posts
August 24 2013 19:21 GMT
#225
I'm not trying to be insulting but I'm trying to figure this obsession with watching sub par players face off based on their looks. this doesn't just apply to a female league but also to the numerous complaints about the WCS structure and how Koreans are too dominant.
I'm a huge fan of starcraft as a competitive activity, however I don't want to watch TLO play innovation. I'd rather see a top level zerg like Soulkey or Symbol duke it out. I've never cared about race or gender I just want to watch insanely good matches between the actual top level players. If I want anything other than that I'll had over to Husky's channel and watch Rotterdam go carriers or whatever other cute thing he uploaded that week.

Making a post about an all female league is the equivalent of making a post about how some YouTube hero is holding a tournament between just foreigners.
The one thing my uncle taught me is fist can also be a verb.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 24 2013 19:29 GMT
#226
On August 25 2013 04:21 skadumdums wrote:
I'm not trying to be insulting but I'm trying to figure this obsession with watching sub par players face off based on their looks. this doesn't just apply to a female league but also to the numerous complaints about the WCS structure and how Koreans are too dominant.
I'm a huge fan of starcraft as a competitive activity, however I don't want to watch TLO play innovation. I'd rather see a top level zerg like Soulkey or Symbol duke it out. I've never cared about race or gender I just want to watch insanely good matches between the actual top level players. If I want anything other than that I'll had over to Husky's channel and watch Rotterdam go carriers or whatever other cute thing he uploaded that week.

Making a post about an all female league is the equivalent of making a post about how some YouTube hero is holding a tournament between just foreigners.


So don't watch it.

Some people want to. This thread is for them.

Do you also complain about PewDiePie and other people doing the whole "Let's Play" gig of terrible games?
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
rave[wcr]
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1166 Posts
August 24 2013 19:33 GMT
#227
umm. could someone who can read korean post aphrodite and barbies games in vod links pls?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 24 2013 19:34 GMT
#228
On August 25 2013 02:49 EleanorRIgby wrote:
are those 2 girls on the banner the same person, or different people?


differnet haha
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 24 2013 20:40 GMT
#229
On August 25 2013 04:33 rave[wcr] wrote:
umm. could someone who can read korean post aphrodite and barbies games in vod links pls?


They're added to the brackets on (Wiki)WSL now They're the only ones I bothered to add right now.. Feel free to add additional info to the bracket if you watch the games. You just add the name of the map where it says "map1=" and the number 1 or 2 where it says "map1win=". Aphrodite is 1 and LING is 2, so if Aphrodite won the first map and if that map was, say, Icarus (I don't know which map is the first, so this is an example), then it should look like:
|map1=Icarus |map1win=1 |vodgame1=http://etc.
dyDrawer
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada438 Posts
August 24 2013 23:50 GMT
#230
I think if an English twitch stream could be set up, it'd would help a ton in terms of publicity. So... COME ON KHALDOR, be a nice guy and stream it like you did the GSL qualifiers
Dear, Rain, PartinG, Trap - "Glory to the Firstborn"
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
August 26 2013 14:10 GMT
#231
On August 25 2013 08:50 dyDrawer wrote:
I think if an English twitch stream could be set up, it'd would help a ton in terms of publicity. So... COME ON KHALDOR, be a nice guy and stream it like you did the GSL qualifiers


ZombieGrub said earlier that she might be interested in doing it, but I don't know if she meant officially for ESTV or just voice-over on the vods. Anyway, all the vods are added to the Liquipedia page now, so it should be fairly easy for anyone to provide a casting for the existing vods if they feel like it (although I'm unsure how that would go down with copyright etc. This isn't Brood War times anymore...).
rave[wcr]
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 17:30:00
August 27 2013 17:04 GMT
#232
how sexy would an aphrodite vs barbie final in this would be...

just perused through some of barbie and aphrodite's games. seems like none of the other girls are anywhere near as good or as pretty as the 2 of them. the other girls play like they're ridiculously nervous too. it might have been better to just stage a aphrodite vs barbie showmatch just to get to the point.

the highlight so far of these games for me are aphrodite's outfits each time she plays or casts.
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 12:39:17
September 02 2013 09:17 GMT
#233
Actually, Barbie didn't make it, so it's Aphrodite vs OTL in the finals. I think they're tomorrow (tuesday) at 20:00 KST, but I'm not entirely certain (not speaking Korean). An earlier vod claimed that OTL was gold league, but she's beaten both a platinum and a master player, so that may have been a smurf (or misinformation). Or she may have cheesed her way to the finals. I haven't watched the games properly, so I'm not quite sure.

Edit: Tuesday wasn't the finals, but Dota2. Don't know when the finals are going to be, then.
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
September 02 2013 09:53 GMT
#234
Pretty obvious that Aphrodite is gonna win every one of these. Good initiative though!
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
September 02 2013 09:54 GMT
#235
On September 02 2013 18:17 iMAniaC wrote:
Actually, Barbie didn't make it, so it's Aphrodite vs OTL in the finals. I think they're tomorrow (tuesday) at 20:00 KST, but I'm not entirely certain (not speaking Korean). An earlier vod claimed that OTL was gold league, but she's beaten both a platinum and a master player, so that may have been a smurf (or misinformation). Or she may have cheesed her way to the finals. I haven't watched the games properly, so I'm not quite sure.

A gold player just won't beat a masters player, cheese or not.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
September 02 2013 09:56 GMT
#236
Gooooooooo Aphrodite!
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-02 09:57:43
September 02 2013 09:56 GMT
#237
On September 02 2013 18:54 Valikyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2013 18:17 iMAniaC wrote:
Actually, Barbie didn't make it, so it's Aphrodite vs OTL in the finals. I think they're tomorrow (tuesday) at 20:00 KST, but I'm not entirely certain (not speaking Korean). An earlier vod claimed that OTL was gold league, but she's beaten both a platinum and a master player, so that may have been a smurf (or misinformation). Or she may have cheesed her way to the finals. I haven't watched the games properly, so I'm not quite sure.

A gold player just won't beat a masters player, cheese or not.


A gold player cant win a bo7 against a masters player o.O
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
September 02 2013 09:59 GMT
#238
On August 25 2013 04:21 skadumdums wrote:
I'm not trying to be insulting but I'm trying to figure this obsession with watching sub par players face off based on their looks. this doesn't just apply to a female league but also to the numerous complaints about the WCS structure and how Koreans are too dominant.
I'm a huge fan of starcraft as a competitive activity, however I don't want to watch TLO play innovation. I'd rather see a top level zerg like Soulkey or Symbol duke it out. I've never cared about race or gender I just want to watch insanely good matches between the actual top level players. If I want anything other than that I'll had over to Husky's channel and watch Rotterdam go carriers or whatever other cute thing he uploaded that week.

Making a post about an all female league is the equivalent of making a post about how some YouTube hero is holding a tournament between just foreigners.


Well, I also don't understand people's fixation with players based on nationality or skin tone or gender, I just like to see the best games. Though while I can't understand it literally, I can rationalize and accept that people are different, thus have different tastes, thus enjoy different things from me. And so there are people that just enjoy seeing their favorite player despite the fact said player will probably never win a tournament in his life, I can't understand why, I just need to accept it.

However, more relevant, there are people that like to see the best games from the best players, but they also like to, and want to see the next generation of gamers rise, be they foreign, Korean, male or female. And while; watching Mvp work his magic or Bomber macro his heart out, or Innovation parade push someone to death; never gets old I still want to see new faces and I want to see if or not they can rise to the challenge and reach the top, if they can become champion contenders because, ultimately its exciting to also see someone new come into the scene and shake it up a bit.

Hopefully more initiatives like the WSL come about, I really do need to check out the vods in my spare time.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
September 02 2013 10:05 GMT
#239
On September 02 2013 18:56 Bam Lee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2013 18:54 Valikyr wrote:
On September 02 2013 18:17 iMAniaC wrote:
Actually, Barbie didn't make it, so it's Aphrodite vs OTL in the finals. I think they're tomorrow (tuesday) at 20:00 KST, but I'm not entirely certain (not speaking Korean). An earlier vod claimed that OTL was gold league, but she's beaten both a platinum and a master player, so that may have been a smurf (or misinformation). Or she may have cheesed her way to the finals. I haven't watched the games properly, so I'm not quite sure.

A gold player just won't beat a masters player, cheese or not.


A gold player cant win a bo7 against a masters player o.O


You've got to remember that this is Korean ladder. So gold in Korea is like high masters/low GM on US

Jokes aside, I just remembered that there was something weird about the league placement of one of the players and I double checked and got my suspicions confirmed: OTL was originally presented as a bronze player. Then, later, they had upped her to gold. Smells of smurfing.
rave[wcr]
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1166 Posts
September 03 2013 17:43 GMT
#240
dam this OTL ruining my fantasies. watching what happened atm. aphrodite looks gorgeous in that pink dress
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 175
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1247
Bisu 833
Soma 278
hero 181
HiyA 98
EffOrt 89
Pusan 57
ZerO 37
Killer 34
sorry 29
[ Show more ]
Mong 25
Bale 24
Sharp 19
Rush 14
Terrorterran 12
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Shinee 6
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Counter-Strike
edward49
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft796
crisheroes485
Other Games
gofns37300
olofmeister1127
singsing1071
ceh9588
Livibee212
Pyrionflax125
ArmadaUGS37
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• StrangeGG 36
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2378
League of Legends
• Rush1400
• Jankos1350
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
41m
Afreeca Starleague
41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.