• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:02
CEST 12:02
KST 19:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6824 users

Global play and those with multiple SC2 copies? - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 29 Next All
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
February 22 2013 14:44 GMT
#461
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 22 2013 14:47 GMT
#462
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
February 22 2013 14:52 GMT
#463
On February 22 2013 23:47 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.

I realize this, but that's not what the person I quoted said.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 22 2013 14:55 GMT
#464
On February 22 2013 23:52 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:47 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.

I realize this, but that's not what the person I quoted said.

Ok. But you understand that people might be upset about that right?
What does it take you to make 2 others Battle.net accounts? Almost as many clicks and minutes as the number of extra freaking ladder accounts you would have gotten, for free. 10 minutes for 10 ladder accounts, I would have taken the deal.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 15:23:32
February 22 2013 15:14 GMT
#465
On February 22 2013 23:55 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:52 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:47 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.

I realize this, but that's not what the person I quoted said.

Ok. But you understand that people might be upset about that right?
What does it take you to make 2 others Battle.net accounts? Almost as many clicks and minutes as the number of extra freaking ladder accounts you would have gotten, for free. 10 minutes for 10 ladder accounts, I would have taken the deal.

Seeing as in my view I've not lost anything that I paid for but instead only gained with global play I don't think I've been cheated at all. I still have what I paid for and I don't feel that I should get more. Those who made separate accounts for their licenses doesn't bother me.

So yes, while I see why you're upset I don't understand or agree with that reasoning at all.

Edit: The one way I would be upset would be if people who had multiple accounts on the same server and then they merged losing their initial ability to smurf/offrace. But seeing as you couldn't have more than 1 license per region per account none of these people have been affected by it anyways.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
February 22 2013 16:17 GMT
#466
People just have their panties in a bunch because although everyone gain something.. they feel some people got more than what they have so they are sour about it.
Hope you complain hard enough that Blizz grants you your wishes!
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 16:19:22
February 22 2013 16:18 GMT
#467
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.

Because you paid for 3 licenses. Blizzard cannot just take two away and grant access to all regions to the other one.
You should have 3 licenses and Blizzard should have given you another one for the last region.

In the end you can do the same ingame with 4 seperate licenses or one global license. But it is about what exactly you paid for.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
February 22 2013 16:32 GMT
#468
On February 23 2013 00:14 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:55 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:52 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:47 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.

I realize this, but that's not what the person I quoted said.

Ok. But you understand that people might be upset about that right?
What does it take you to make 2 others Battle.net accounts? Almost as many clicks and minutes as the number of extra freaking ladder accounts you would have gotten, for free. 10 minutes for 10 ladder accounts, I would have taken the deal.


Edit: The one way I would be upset would be if people who had multiple accounts on the same server and then they merged losing their initial ability to smurf/offrace.


But why? Surely you knew this could happen when you bought the second license. Also, you benefited enough from it already! Also, are you not happy now that everyone else is getting global play? You just traded one license from your main region for a license on another region + all the rest! So greedy omg!

/sarcasm
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 16:37:27
February 22 2013 16:36 GMT
#469
On February 23 2013 01:32 n0ise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 00:14 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:55 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:52 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:47 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.

I realize this, but that's not what the person I quoted said.

Ok. But you understand that people might be upset about that right?
What does it take you to make 2 others Battle.net accounts? Almost as many clicks and minutes as the number of extra freaking ladder accounts you would have gotten, for free. 10 minutes for 10 ladder accounts, I would have taken the deal.


Edit: The one way I would be upset would be if people who had multiple accounts on the same server and then they merged losing their initial ability to smurf/offrace.


But why? Surely you knew this could happen when you bought the second license. Also, you benefited enough from it already! Also, are you not happy now that everyone else is getting global play? You just traded one license from your main region for a license on another region + all the rest! So greedy omg!

/sarcasm

It's obviously not the same thing as I would have paid twice to play with low latency on my main server with 2 separate profiles as opposed to having paid for being able to play on 2 separate servers and still being able to do so after the merger.

In one case I'm losing something I paid for (2 eu accounts for example) in the other case I still have everything that I paid for and more (1 eu, 1 na +all the others i now get).
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
February 22 2013 16:39 GMT
#470
On February 22 2013 23:37 Gamer_Girl wrote:
You don't deserve a free copy. You made the decision to buy 2 copies and you should live by that decision. Blizzard isn't entitled to give you anything.


They are entitled to give me something if they took one of my copies away. Regardless of region and global play, if I paid for two copies of the game, I should have two copies of the game........not ONE merged copy.
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 22 2013 16:42 GMT
#471
On February 23 2013 01:36 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 01:32 n0ise wrote:
On February 23 2013 00:14 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:55 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:52 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:47 ZenithM wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:44 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:39 Sadist wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.



You are dense. People are pissed off because they no longer have separate accounts they paid for. For example, you could have a Terran ladder account, a protoss ladder account, and a zerg ladder account........ Or do whatever the hell you want with them because you bought 3 separate accounts/copies of the game. If you want to give them away or let a friend borrow them you should be able to.

Not understanding buying an account wasnt simply about regional access makes me believe the majority of the people claiming people are complaining for not getting things for free are morons of the highest order. it isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

The profiles are still separate, you can still have a zerg/protoss/terran profile on different servers. Just as you could before.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/260647/1/Firkraag/
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1848576/1/Firkraag/

The actual profiles don't look merged to me.

Well, if you have 3 licenses like you pretend, had you created 3 different Battle.net accounts, you would now have 12-15 ladder accounts in that sense, 3 for each regions.

I realize this, but that's not what the person I quoted said.

Ok. But you understand that people might be upset about that right?
What does it take you to make 2 others Battle.net accounts? Almost as many clicks and minutes as the number of extra freaking ladder accounts you would have gotten, for free. 10 minutes for 10 ladder accounts, I would have taken the deal.


Edit: The one way I would be upset would be if people who had multiple accounts on the same server and then they merged losing their initial ability to smurf/offrace.


But why? Surely you knew this could happen when you bought the second license. Also, you benefited enough from it already! Also, are you not happy now that everyone else is getting global play? You just traded one license from your main region for a license on another region + all the rest! So greedy omg!

/sarcasm

It's obviously not the same thing as I would have paid twice to play with low latency on my main server with 2 separate profiles as opposed to having paid for being able to play on 2 separate servers and still being able to do so after the merger.

In one case I'm losing something I paid for (2 eu accounts for example) in the other case I still have everything that I paid for and more (1 eu, 1 na +all the others i now get).

Well, I don't see much difference in having 2 accounts on the same server and 2 on separate servers, if you just play alone and use them for offraces, and I don't even think Blizzard could make the distinction either.
Technique
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1542 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 16:45:57
February 22 2013 16:44 GMT
#472
On February 23 2013 01:18 gawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.

Because you paid for 3 licenses. Blizzard cannot just take two away and grant access to all regions to the other one.
You should have 3 licenses and Blizzard should have given you another one for the last region.

In the end you can do the same ingame with 4 seperate licenses or one global license. But it is about what exactly you paid for.

Nobody told you to buy multiple games...

And besides, common sense would be to spread those games out over different accounts.
If you think you're good, you suck. If you think you suck, you're getting better.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
February 22 2013 17:12 GMT
#473
Listen, childs: What people are complaining about is that they bought 2 products, and they now have one. Yes, that one product is extended a bit, but its still only one product. That is actually not legal.

That said, I still believe Blizzard intends to fix this by having you be able to choose which profile you want to login as when hots is released. Anything else would be fraud.
Xorphene
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom492 Posts
February 22 2013 17:15 GMT
#474
On February 23 2013 01:44 Technique wrote:

Nobody told you to buy multiple games...

And besides, common sense would be to spread those games out over different accounts.


How the fuck is that relevant?

Let me explain this like I would to a five year old.

I buy an apple, an orange, a plum and a banana.

Joey next door buys an apple.

12 months later, my apple, my orange, my plum and my banana get turned into a kiwi.

Joey's apple also gets turned into a kiwi.

Therefore, my orange, my plum and my banana are totally useless BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE.

To use a phone analogy.

I buy an iphone 4.

Joey next door buys an iphone 5 12 months later. I think "that's cool" and to get one too. But I DON'T lose the iphone 4, I have an additional phone I can still use or sell.
T: Polt, Fantasy, Flash, Jjakji. P: HerO, Rain, Grubby, SoS. Z: Jaedong, Scarlett, Snute, Life. Casters: ToD, Apollo, MrBitter, Artosis, Day[9].
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
February 22 2013 17:24 GMT
#475
On February 23 2013 02:15 Xorphene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 01:44 Technique wrote:

Nobody told you to buy multiple games...

And besides, common sense would be to spread those games out over different accounts.


How the fuck is that relevant?

Let me explain this like I would to a five year old.

I buy an apple, an orange, a plum and a banana.

Joey next door buys an apple.

12 months later, my apple, my orange, my plum and my banana get turned into a kiwi.

Joey's apple also gets turned into a kiwi.

Therefore, my orange, my plum and my banana are totally useless BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE.

To use a phone analogy.

I buy an iphone 4.

Joey next door buys an iphone 5 12 months later. I think "that's cool" and to get one too. But I DON'T lose the iphone 4, I have an additional phone I can still use or sell.


I liked tha analogy of buying 2 eggs, and you put them in the same basket. Your friend buys 2 eggs and brings 2 baskets, and you think (pff, thats stupid). Suddenly a law passes that says you now get to have 3 eggs pr basket providing you have at least 1 egg in that basket. Now you have 3 eggs, and your friend has 6. Just because you didn't bring an extra basket..
Technique
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1542 Posts
February 22 2013 17:27 GMT
#476
On February 23 2013 02:15 Xorphene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 01:44 Technique wrote:

Nobody told you to buy multiple games...

And besides, common sense would be to spread those games out over different accounts.


How the fuck is that relevant?

Let me explain this like I would to a five year old.

I buy an apple, an orange, a plum and a banana.

Joey next door buys an apple.

12 months later, my apple, my orange, my plum and my banana get turned into a kiwi.

Joey's apple also gets turned into a kiwi.

Therefore, my orange, my plum and my banana are totally useless BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE.

To use a phone analogy.

I buy an iphone 4.

Joey next door buys an iphone 5 12 months later. I think "that's cool" and to get one too. But I DON'T lose the iphone 4, I have an additional phone I can still use or sell.

Nice... only if you had any common sense like i mentioned before...
You would put your second game to a different blizz account, because everyone knew this global play was gonna come eventually.
If you think you're good, you suck. If you think you suck, you're getting better.
Pizzaboy17
Profile Joined August 2011
United States14 Posts
February 22 2013 17:32 GMT
#477
On February 22 2013 23:37 Gamer_Girl wrote:
You don't deserve a free copy. You made the decision to buy 2 copies and you should live by that decision. Blizzard isn't entitled to give you anything.



It is not a free copy. We have purchased 2 or 3 copies of the game already. If we buy yet another one, we would have n-1 global play accounts.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
February 22 2013 17:33 GMT
#478
On February 23 2013 02:27 Technique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 02:15 Xorphene wrote:
On February 23 2013 01:44 Technique wrote:

Nobody told you to buy multiple games...

And besides, common sense would be to spread those games out over different accounts.


How the fuck is that relevant?

Let me explain this like I would to a five year old.

I buy an apple, an orange, a plum and a banana.

Joey next door buys an apple.

12 months later, my apple, my orange, my plum and my banana get turned into a kiwi.

Joey's apple also gets turned into a kiwi.

Therefore, my orange, my plum and my banana are totally useless BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE.

To use a phone analogy.

I buy an iphone 4.

Joey next door buys an iphone 5 12 months later. I think "that's cool" and to get one too. But I DON'T lose the iphone 4, I have an additional phone I can still use or sell.

Nice... only if you had any common sense like i mentioned before...
You would put your second game to a different blizz account, because everyone knew this global play was gonna come eventually.


1. No we didn't.
2. No one said global play meant that you would lose the rest of your accounts (in fact, I still believe that blizzard will let you choose which profile to use when hots is released. If that is correct, that would make you stupid and not us, no?)
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
February 22 2013 17:38 GMT
#479
On February 23 2013 02:32 Pizzaboy17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:37 Gamer_Girl wrote:
You don't deserve a free copy. You made the decision to buy 2 copies and you should live by that decision. Blizzard isn't entitled to give you anything.



It is not a free copy. We have purchased 2 or 3 copies of the game already. If we buy yet another one, we would have n-1 global play accounts.

You might get something extra but a free copy is zero chance. For all we know you got those last copies from the bargin bin for maybe 10-20[insert your currency here] so there is no way they will give you a 40 free expansion.
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
February 22 2013 17:40 GMT
#480
On February 23 2013 01:44 Technique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 01:18 gawk wrote:
On February 22 2013 22:21 Firkraag8 wrote:
On February 22 2013 11:42 ZenithM wrote:
Wow no shit, my TW license got removed from my B.net account, I now have just a single SC2 account registered. I'm sorry but I don't find this honest in the slightest.
I find it weird that just by having registered my TW license on another Bnet account, I would still have what I paid for (2 accounts with global play, instead of what I have now, only 1). Which would have actually been against their "RealID" policy of one B.net account per IRL identity. So in a sense, I got stripped from one game key for actually binding my own name to my SC2 accounts. Smooth move Blizzard, smooth indeed.

Edit:
On another note, what the hell is the deal with those "MVP" posters on Blizzard's forums? Who the fuck are they? They sound really assholish.
And I understand all the comments (from guys who only bought one license, obviously...) about us just buying multiple region access for the length of time where it was unavailable. Yet that's not at all what we bought. I bought a full WoL game, dammit. What bothers me is that if I had just made another Bnet account (which is free, and very fast), I would still have 2 SC2 games. What the hell is Blizzard supposed to answer to that argument? "Serves you right, retard."?

Edit2: I submitted a "ticket" to the support service. Will let you know how it went. I'll put here my message if it worked :D Maybe if it fails as well, though that would be a shame

I owned 3 licenses on my account, now I only have one but I don't see it as a problem at all because I still have access to all the servers that I paid for. Why does this matter so much to people? I bought the extra licenses to gain access to other servers, and that's just what I got back then, and that's just what I still have.

Because you paid for 3 licenses. Blizzard cannot just take two away and grant access to all regions to the other one.
You should have 3 licenses and Blizzard should have given you another one for the last region.

In the end you can do the same ingame with 4 seperate licenses or one global license. But it is about what exactly you paid for.

Nobody told you to buy multiple games...

And besides, common sense would be to spread those games out over different accounts.

So what do I need to use the expansion? A wol-license.
What do I need to use 2 expansions? Two wol-licenses.

What do I have? Two wol-licenses.
What do I need to purchase to use two expansions?
Two expansions and a third wol-license.

The problem is that Blizzard want to switch from licenses to Battle.net accounts, but I bought licenses. It shouldn't matter that my licenses are on one Battle.net account.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3704
Calm 1770
Hyuk 1204
Bisu 842
Soma 344
Rush 288
BeSt 219
Horang2 204
Stork 150
Mong 135
[ Show more ]
Sexy 135
Britney 114
Jaedong 101
ToSsGirL 82
Mind 64
ZerO 50
Killer 45
Shinee 29
Pusan 26
Barracks 24
Yoon 24
Hm[arnc] 18
NaDa 17
sorry 15
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
byalli652
shoxiejesuss509
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1155
ceh9694
dupreeh275
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 58m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.