• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8949 users

[Interview] Blizzard Cup 2012 Ro6 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 20:23:42
December 19 2012 19:49 GMT
#1
(Z)StarTale_Life

[image loading]


Source: This Is Game

You difficultly made it up to the semi finals.

I let me guard down way too much once the score became 2-0 that I allowed him to make a comeback and tie up the score at 2-2. I did focus for the final game but I messed up my battles and thought that I was going to lose. But then my opponent rushed his attack and I was able win through luck.

In the beginning, you had a 2-0 lead.

I got lucky for game two. I should have lost 1-3 to be honest. I felt really good once the score became 2-0 but I let my guard down and almost allowed a reverse sweep.

You say that you let your guard down but why did you continuously chase him?

I wanted to end it quickly so I kept bringing him aggression. But then I ended up putting myself in to disadvantageous situations as my attacks kept getting blocked.

Game five was also a rather difficult victory. What was the cause of that?

I fought with my mutalisks way too many times without really thinking through. I kept allowing them to get fungaled without being able to utilize them. And then afterwards I started to feel like I was going to lose because I just kept fighting with them in the strangest ways. As I previously stated, I won because my opponent rushed his attacks. I got lucky.

Your next opponent is Leenock. You have to play yet another ZvZ.

Honestly, I really don't like ZvZs. I usually don't lose in any other match up but I feel burdened by the fact that it's a ZvZ. But since my opponent is Leenock hyung I am going to try to make sure I win no matter what.

Most recently you lost to Leenock at IPL5 by a score of 0-2.

I think I'm going to grab my revenge this time around. When I was playing at IPL, I didn't know how to approach my battles for ZvZ. But then afterwards, the coach taught me some secrets regarding ZvZ battles.

What do you think the semi finals score will be?

I'm going to win 3-0. I am confident.

You are a nominee for the newcomer award for the end of the year award ceremonies. Do you want it?

Right now I really do want that award. I am going to be really happy if I am able to grab that award.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my coach for helping me out with my ZvZs. I want to thank the fans for cheering me on and the manager and coach for accompanying me to the studio today. I want to thank Curious hyung for helping me with practice and our sponsors Red Bull, ZOWIE Gear, and Joy Gear.

(P)StarTale_PartinG

[image loading]


Source: This Is Game

After a dramatic victory, you advanced to the semi finals.

Up till this point, every player that I defeated was someone that I had to grab revenge against. Mvp hyung, DRG hyung, and viOLet hyung was also someone I needed to grab revenge against. I am glad that I was able to beat everyone that I needed to grab revenge against. It was difficult sure, but I am even more glad that I was able to really fun games against them.

You started off with a 1-0 lead but then how did you feel after losing two games in a row?

Honestly, game one was a very easy victory for me but I made too many mistakes for game two. I let me guard down and I wasted away my units. I was most disappointed about game two. If I had just played patiently, I could have won game three as well. I was originally expecting a 3-0, but oh well.

Was the fast mothership strategy for game four a planned out one?

That was a strategy that I have always wanted to use and I finally got the chance to today. In order to earn the support of the 300,000 Protoss players in this world I gathered every single Protoss user's strength. Which is why I named this build order, "the Spirit Bomb". (LOL @ DRAGON BALL Z REFERENCE) It ended up working just like I thought it would. Honestly, I got goose bumps once I queued the mothership. I felt a little anxious once my mothership died because originally, it wasn't supposed to die.

Game five was also a difficult victory. Around when did you realize that you had won?

I didn't feel anxious but rather felt confident. I thought to myself that I had won as I went in for the final attack but I kept on worrying about making the same mistake that I did against DRG hyung. I was able to focus well however because I remembered back to the time when I was immature and ended up making that mistake.

You are the only Protoss in the semi finals. Isn't that burdensome?

Honestly, I am lonely since I am the only Protoss user and there aren't even any Terrans. But then I look at it from another angle and I see it as a good thing. It's a chance for me to get even more attention and I can put to peace all these notions that I am horrible at PvZ. I thought that it was really unfair that I was known as an all iner and that I never got to show my best form. So I practiced really hard on my PvZ so that I could grab my victories through macro.

Lately, your immortal all ins have been getting blocked pretty often. Has the effect worn off or do you just not have enough soul?

There is no such thing as an invincible build. I never thought to myself that this build was fool proof so I strategized with Squirtle hyung a lot because I knew that there was still a lot of room left for Protoss to grow as I practiced really hard. The immortal all in build order has reached its maximum potential. While it's true that my version of the build order is still the strongest, the top Zerg players can all block it.

What do you think your semi final score is going to be?

I lost to Sniper in the last season of Code S Ro16 by a score of 0-2. Back then, I had no patience. Of all the Zergs that I know of, I consider Sniper to be the best. Regardless of who wins I am expecting a 3-2 score and that the match will be really fun.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my Zerg teammates, Curious hyung, SoN, and even though he didn't help me with practice, he still cheered me on and told me that I was going to win, so Life. And I dedicate today's victory to Squirtle hyung in his honor. I want to thank my mom for cheering me on and want to let her know that I love her. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Red Bull, ZOWIE Gear, and Joy Gear.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
CatalysT.
Profile Joined January 2011
59 Posts
December 19 2012 19:52 GMT
#2
seeker you are the best. I really appreciate all the translations youve been doing gogogogo seeker.
Flash
Ecstatic
Profile Joined January 2011
United States160 Posts
December 19 2012 19:52 GMT
#3
Thanks Seeker!

I love how confident Life is, feel bad for DRG though messes up his chance to insta ro4 and then loses in his ro6 match.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
December 19 2012 19:54 GMT
#4
Seeker/Startale duo fighting!
AdministratorBreak the chains
PiQLiQ
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden702 Posts
December 19 2012 19:59 GMT
#5
Nice nice!! :-)
http://twitter.com/PiQLiQ
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 19 2012 20:04 GMT
#6
Fair Warning: PartinG's interview cracked me the f*ck up
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Farmer Poopy
Profile Joined October 2011
258 Posts
December 19 2012 20:34 GMT
#7
LOL Spirit Bomb <3
So much win.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 19 2012 20:38 GMT
#8
wow Parting predicting only a 3-2? he must be sick or something or exhausted after today. I was expecting both him and Life to say 3-0
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
December 19 2012 20:41 GMT
#9
Feels good to know I was one of the people that helped power the spirit bomb.
iLevitate
Profile Joined April 2012
United States225 Posts
December 19 2012 20:46 GMT
#10
On December 20 2012 05:41 SHOOG wrote:
Feels good to know I was one of the people that helped power the spirit bomb.



User was warned for this post
You lose, You learn
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
December 19 2012 20:53 GMT
#11
On December 20 2012 05:46 iLevitate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2012 05:41 SHOOG wrote:
Feels good to know I was one of the people that helped power the spirit bomb.




User was warned for this post
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
December 19 2012 21:00 GMT
#12
On December 20 2012 05:53 Darksoldierr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2012 05:46 iLevitate wrote:
On December 20 2012 05:41 SHOOG wrote:
Feels good to know I was one of the people that helped power the spirit bomb.



lmao xDD yea me too.. me too
FatBat
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany326 Posts
December 19 2012 21:01 GMT
#13
Parting, even the terran player support you right now . Really nice interview and thanks seeker as always
"This game went full retard"- Totalbiscuit
6BiT
Profile Joined December 2011
513 Posts
December 19 2012 21:08 GMT
#14
LOL Life "I'm going to win 3-0", though he usually ends up winning when he sounds confident (even if he doesn't keep a clean sheet)

LOL the spirit bomb, Parting why so epic!

and finally

LOL at the warnings a couple of posts above, TL mods have no spirit
stuff & things
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
December 19 2012 22:09 GMT
#15
soulful spirit bomb XD

haha parting so gud
yo
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
December 19 2012 22:13 GMT
#16
Dragonball Z huh?
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Apoteosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile820 Posts
December 19 2012 22:14 GMT
#17
seeker ftw ! thanks !

parting y u so epic ? best interview ever !
Life won like 200k and didn't hire a proper criminal lawyer.
legoboomette
Profile Joined December 2011
England165 Posts
December 19 2012 22:16 GMT
#18
So now he has Soul and Spirit XD
Won(*3*)Chu KissMe!
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 22:20:10
December 19 2012 22:19 GMT
#19
PartinG's interviews just get better and better every time, It's scary.

Soulful Spirit Bomb is the key to victory I guess. I hope you make it to the finals PartinG since that's the only thing I'm going to watch in this tournament, mostly for the award ceremony and the hots show match.
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
December 19 2012 22:36 GMT
#20
The Spirit Bomb. That was so awesome. Parting should win an award for best interviews this year.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings168
CranKy Ducklings SOOP50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko431
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5096
Jaedong 2678
Leta 1654
actioN 928
EffOrt 704
Horang2 527
Soma 424
BeSt 385
Killer 325
Mini 298
[ Show more ]
Rush 258
Stork 231
Light 164
Pusan 132
Barracks 123
Zeus 119
Snow 114
ggaemo 104
Larva 94
JYJ 57
Mong 55
Sea.KH 54
HiyA 42
hero 40
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 34
Sharp 30
Shinee 24
sorry 19
zelot 18
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Aegong 9
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5785
Dendi792
XaKoH 450
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_72
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3951
Other Games
gofns43469
singsing1596
olofmeister1370
B2W.Neo631
byalli529
Livibee187
OGKoka 93
ArmadaUGS60
DeMusliM32
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV379
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream281
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV263
League of Legends
• Jankos1714
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 28m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.