• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:20
CEST 15:20
KST 22:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9075 users

Top 50 streamers in November 2012 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
December 28 2012 10:56 GMT
#81
On December 28 2012 18:06 Martijn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 04:14 Conti wrote:
On December 27 2012 21:35 Martijn wrote:
On December 27 2012 21:10 Conti wrote:
On December 27 2012 20:26 Martijn wrote:
So how do I compare my own numbers to those in the top 50? As casters, I assume glhf.tv doesn't qualify, but I thought I might have had an outside chance of competing with the lower end of the top 50s numbers with the dreamhack commentary, though I worry I didn't get enough hours in. Rest of the month I was either doing street fighter or casting on other streams like prog4mer/insomnia :/

I guess the question is, how do I get these datapoints for my own stream with the same accuracy as the rest? I'm worried if I look at the twitch backend, it'll give me much higher numbers. So how could I get similar results for the glhf.tv stream?

I exclude casters/events/shows from the list, so you not appearing there doesn't say anything about your stream numbers. I still have the numbers, though, so I can look them up and send them your way in a few hours (I'm not at home currently). Can you give me your stream-name here on TL?

Also, I'd trust twitch.tv's numbers over mine. All I do is getting the numbers from teamliquid, who gets the numbers from twitch.tv and other streaming platforms. Still, it might be interesting to compare my numbers to what twitch.tv's.


Yeah, I assumed twitch's numbers are more accurate, but the issue is I can't really compare them to the ones in the list because (I imagine) the twitch numbers will be higher. I also read in the OP it wouldn't include casters, which is more than fair I think. Just want to see how it compares. If you want any numbers from twitch from my end, I'm willing to provide whatever we have on twitch. Just let me know which you need.

My stream shows up as GLHF.tv below the calendar but the TL account it's under is TheGunrun. I appreciate the work, thanks. I think it's cool to maintain a list like this.


Let's see..last month you had an average viewer count of about 700. There's three events in my database that you streamed: The Idealo.de HotS invitational and Dreamhack Day 1 & 2. Separated by those, you had ~335 average viewers for the HotS invitational, ~1030 average viewers for DH Day 1 and ~600 viewers for DH Day 2.
(And that's one of the reasons I don't make a casters top list. Different events have vastly different viewer numbers.)

I'd be really curious what your twitch.tv numbers say, just to see if my data is at all accurate.


For the Idealo.de HotS Invitational twitch shows 329 average concurrents, peak 570
Dreamhack day 1 983 average concurrents, peak 2704
Dreamhack day 2 601 average concurrents, peak 953

So the average is actually very close. A deviation of 6 during the Idealo.de HotS invitational, 47 during Dreamhack day 1, 1 during Dreamhack day 2.

Dreamhack day 1 was by far the longest cast (11 hours), so it'd make sense we'd see the strongest deviation there. The other 2 (7&6 hours respectively) were shorter. It's most surprising to me that the average from twitch is lower than yours. This might have to do with stream testing and setup for which I don't list the stream on TL obviously and the stream might have not been listed for all of it.

That's most likely a good reason, yeah. The very beginning of a stream always drags the average numbers down quite a bit, since everyone starts with 0 viewers, and that's definitely not helping the average.

Just for the record, the peaks I have for the events are 509, 2716 and 903, respectively, so the deviations are far greater here. I'm not surprised by that, as I grab my datapoints only every 15 minutes, and a lot can happen in that time. For the average it's not so important, but my peak numbers are often not quite accurate. It's nice to see this confirmed.

I'm pretty puzzled by my DH Day 1 peak of 2716, though, when yours is lower than that. Given that I get the numbers from twitch.tv (through TL.net), there should be no way for my number to be higher than yours there. Weird.
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 11:15:47
December 28 2012 11:09 GMT
#82
On December 28 2012 19:56 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 18:06 Martijn wrote:
On December 28 2012 04:14 Conti wrote:
On December 27 2012 21:35 Martijn wrote:
On December 27 2012 21:10 Conti wrote:
On December 27 2012 20:26 Martijn wrote:
So how do I compare my own numbers to those in the top 50? As casters, I assume glhf.tv doesn't qualify, but I thought I might have had an outside chance of competing with the lower end of the top 50s numbers with the dreamhack commentary, though I worry I didn't get enough hours in. Rest of the month I was either doing street fighter or casting on other streams like prog4mer/insomnia :/

I guess the question is, how do I get these datapoints for my own stream with the same accuracy as the rest? I'm worried if I look at the twitch backend, it'll give me much higher numbers. So how could I get similar results for the glhf.tv stream?

I exclude casters/events/shows from the list, so you not appearing there doesn't say anything about your stream numbers. I still have the numbers, though, so I can look them up and send them your way in a few hours (I'm not at home currently). Can you give me your stream-name here on TL?

Also, I'd trust twitch.tv's numbers over mine. All I do is getting the numbers from teamliquid, who gets the numbers from twitch.tv and other streaming platforms. Still, it might be interesting to compare my numbers to what twitch.tv's.


Yeah, I assumed twitch's numbers are more accurate, but the issue is I can't really compare them to the ones in the list because (I imagine) the twitch numbers will be higher. I also read in the OP it wouldn't include casters, which is more than fair I think. Just want to see how it compares. If you want any numbers from twitch from my end, I'm willing to provide whatever we have on twitch. Just let me know which you need.

My stream shows up as GLHF.tv below the calendar but the TL account it's under is TheGunrun. I appreciate the work, thanks. I think it's cool to maintain a list like this.


Let's see..last month you had an average viewer count of about 700. There's three events in my database that you streamed: The Idealo.de HotS invitational and Dreamhack Day 1 & 2. Separated by those, you had ~335 average viewers for the HotS invitational, ~1030 average viewers for DH Day 1 and ~600 viewers for DH Day 2.
(And that's one of the reasons I don't make a casters top list. Different events have vastly different viewer numbers.)

I'd be really curious what your twitch.tv numbers say, just to see if my data is at all accurate.


For the Idealo.de HotS Invitational twitch shows 329 average concurrents, peak 570
Dreamhack day 1 983 average concurrents, peak 2704
Dreamhack day 2 601 average concurrents, peak 953

So the average is actually very close. A deviation of 6 during the Idealo.de HotS invitational, 47 during Dreamhack day 1, 1 during Dreamhack day 2.

Dreamhack day 1 was by far the longest cast (11 hours), so it'd make sense we'd see the strongest deviation there. The other 2 (7&6 hours respectively) were shorter. It's most surprising to me that the average from twitch is lower than yours. This might have to do with stream testing and setup for which I don't list the stream on TL obviously and the stream might have not been listed for all of it.

That's most likely a good reason, yeah. The very beginning of a stream always drags the average numbers down quite a bit, since everyone starts with 0 viewers, and that's definitely not helping the average.

Just for the record, the peaks I have for the events are 509, 2716 and 903, respectively, so the deviations are far greater here. I'm not surprised by that, as I grab my datapoints only every 15 minutes, and a lot can happen in that time. For the average it's not so important, but my peak numbers are often not quite accurate. It's nice to see this confirmed.

I'm pretty puzzled by my DH Day 1 peak of 2716, though, when yours is lower than that. Given that I get the numbers from twitch.tv (through TL.net), there should be no way for my number to be higher than yours there. Weird.


Yeah that surprises me too.. Let me do a double-take.

Edit: It looks like twitch might store stats once an hour which would imply your averages are more accurate, aside from the "0 viewer" start. Obviously the max of either is the max. I'll poke fishstixs and thegunrun, see if they can clarify how the stats are collected.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
December 28 2012 11:21 GMT
#83
Things have seriously declined, just march this year, Idra and Stephano average 7k viewers. WhiteRa did 4k. This is the oldest data i could find in your own topic links.

Both Idra's an Whitera's avg. viewership has been cut in roughly half, i cannot just blindly accept the idea that it is because of tournaments. These tournaments also promote players to a larger audience.
★ Top Gun ★
ChriseC
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany440 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 11:37:15
December 28 2012 11:36 GMT
#84
i guess one of the mainreasons why viewernumbers are going down is that sc2 tactics came to an end and most players are playing the same style over and over again, sadly enough this style isnt a very attractive one(very passive/turtlelike overall, and deathball issue is making the game very boring overall), for myself i dont watch that much sc2 anymore and tend to watch more dota2 streams, the main reason is that players arnt that concentrated in their pubs and talk alot while sc2 players often are very quiet and focused overall and dont joke alot, this and the very boring gameplay makes the game less attractive to watch.
thats my opinion
PiQLiQ
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden702 Posts
December 28 2012 11:40 GMT
#85
Well Destiny doesn't stream sc2 anymore so you could pretty much take him out from the list.
http://twitter.com/PiQLiQ
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 11:51:54
December 28 2012 11:49 GMT
#86
On December 28 2012 20:21 Tyree wrote:
Things have seriously declined, just march this year, Idra and Stephano average 7k viewers. WhiteRa did 4k. This is the oldest data i could find in your own topic links.

Both Idra's an Whitera's avg. viewership has been cut in roughly half, i cannot just blindly accept the idea that it is because of tournaments. These tournaments also promote players to a larger audience.


Really, use October, or just about any other month than November. Even second string casters like me had an event every weekend in November. You can't really compare these numbers to several months ago. Players, casters and viewers alike were massively busy heh. Between practicing for tournaments (obviously you don't want that streamed), the tournaments and travel, there just wasn't much time left to stream or watch player streams.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 12:00:58
December 28 2012 12:00 GMT
#87
On December 28 2012 20:40 PiQLiQ wrote:
Well Destiny doesn't stream sc2 anymore so you could pretty much take him out from the list.

Dİd he quit sc2 completely?
日本語が上手ですね
PiQLiQ
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden702 Posts
December 28 2012 15:23 GMT
#88
On December 28 2012 21:00 Silentenigma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 20:40 PiQLiQ wrote:
Well Destiny doesn't stream sc2 anymore so you could pretty much take him out from the list.

Dİd he quit sc2 completely?


Yes he did. Hes going for the high elo plays as we speak. >_<
http://twitter.com/PiQLiQ
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
December 29 2012 09:49 GMT
#89
On December 28 2012 08:21 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 08:11 desRow wrote:
On December 28 2012 06:47 Conti wrote:
On December 28 2012 06:36 Deezl wrote:
I'd like to see how ROOTLeiYa's numbers compare. She always has plenty of views.

LeiYa had 153 average viewers last month, peaking at 428.

Think it would be possible to get some kind of metric of when the sc2 viewers are watching? What timezone is most popular etc. ^^ thanks again for the work Conti!

That's definitely possible, I just need to find the time to do it. Are you looking for such stats for a particular streamer (i.e. you ), or more in general terms?


in general
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
December 29 2012 10:12 GMT
#90
Cool, thanks!
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
warzag
Profile Joined October 2011
France259 Posts
December 29 2012 10:30 GMT
#91

They count for everything that's listed on teamliquid.net, no matter the hosting website (except for youtube, who don't give out viewership data). Do you mean the stream hosted at http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Millenium? I generally don't count team streams in the list. Though I can't find that stream in my log for some odd reason, I'll have to look into that.

Feast is currently streaming at http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/MillFeast, having ca. 100 viewers. Which isn't enough to get into the list.

If you have a link to the stream you're talking about, that'd be great.


Sorry for answering that late, in facts, the Millenium TV works like a real TV and the TV is always UP.
You can find the schedules here : http://www.millenium.org/home/accueil/actualites/millenium-tv-le-programme-les-retransmissions-de-la-semaine-35332

It will maybe be a bit hard to count how many viewers each player have so I don't know what you can do
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
December 29 2012 12:15 GMT
#92
On December 29 2012 19:30 warzag wrote:
Show nested quote +

They count for everything that's listed on teamliquid.net, no matter the hosting website (except for youtube, who don't give out viewership data). Do you mean the stream hosted at http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Millenium? I generally don't count team streams in the list. Though I can't find that stream in my log for some odd reason, I'll have to look into that.

Feast is currently streaming at http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/MillFeast, having ca. 100 viewers. Which isn't enough to get into the list.

If you have a link to the stream you're talking about, that'd be great.


Sorry for answering that late, in facts, the Millenium TV works like a real TV and the TV is always UP.
You can find the schedules here : http://www.millenium.org/home/accueil/actualites/millenium-tv-le-programme-les-retransmissions-de-la-semaine-35332

It will maybe be a bit hard to count how many viewers each player have so I don't know what you can do

Hmm, yeah, that's kinda tricky. Can you access that stream from teamliquid.net? Dayshi is currently streaming, but I can't find neither him nor Millenium TV on TL.net, and that's where I get all my data from.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 853
SteadfastSC228
TaKeTV 221
ComeBackTV 193
LamboSC2145
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 15
IndyStarCraft 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 228
LamboSC2 145
ProTech134
Rex 80
BRAT_OK 22
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37281
Shuttle 2997
Bisu 917
Horang2 908
Jaedong 715
Mini 641
EffOrt 606
Light 489
BeSt 360
Soma 355
[ Show more ]
firebathero 333
Stork 326
Hyuk 324
Snow 169
Rush 165
Zeus 162
Last 155
ggaemo 145
ZerO 143
Pusan 85
Leta 83
hero 70
sorry 60
Killer 56
Mong 48
Sharp 47
Mind 39
Shinee 30
Aegong 29
Shine 28
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 25
soO 24
Sexy 22
Trap 22
Yoon 20
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
NotJumperer 14
HiyA 11
Sacsri 9
zelot 7
JulyZerg 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6365
qojqva1649
Dendi806
420jenkins88
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
Reynor103
Counter-Strike
x6flipin356
markeloff139
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1980
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 156
Other Games
gofns34148
singsing2161
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo1058
Mlord252
DeMusliM214
Livibee176
Liquid`VortiX133
Hui .127
Mew2King116
ArmadaUGS104
QueenE84
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan10
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1856
League of Legends
• Jankos2258
• Nemesis1133
• TFBlade860
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 40m
Stellar Fest
23h 40m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.