• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:56
CEST 23:56
KST 06:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8480 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 46

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 63 Next
Natalya
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium287 Posts
February 05 2013 20:57 GMT
#901
Anyone knows what exactly means the "upgrade spending" graph we can look at after the game? Is this upgrades in technology (like lingspeed) + actual upgrade (+1 attack)?
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
February 06 2013 00:00 GMT
#902
On February 05 2013 06:36 MCDayC wrote:
Can you currently tell widow mines to not auto attack while burrowed?
You can but it takes micro. When a unit gets in range of the mine it primes but does not fire for about a second. During this time if you target a different unit it resets the priming and targets the new unit. If you continue to change targets (even to ones out of range) over and over it will never fire. Then when you are ready you can either just stop resetting it and it will launch at the last target you gave it if its in range, or a random target if the target you last selected was out of range.

You can even use this mine hold micro on multiple mines, but it is a little tricky to give them all their own targets when you are ready for them to fire. Also note that while primed mines are visible (but still not targetable without detection) by the enemy. So if he is paying attention he will know you are holding.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
February 06 2013 03:44 GMT
#903
On February 06 2013 05:57 Natalya wrote:
Anyone knows what exactly means the "upgrade spending" graph we can look at after the game? Is this upgrades in technology (like lingspeed) + actual upgrade (+1 attack)?

both are actual upgrades
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
February 06 2013 04:18 GMT
#904
On February 06 2013 05:57 Natalya wrote:
Anyone knows what exactly means the "upgrade spending" graph we can look at after the game? Is this upgrades in technology (like lingspeed) + actual upgrade (+1 attack)?

I believe the graph shows upgrade spending over time instead of at the time you start or finish an upgrade. The reason I think this is that the graph does not spike up or down as you would expect if the upgrade cost is instantly graphed. So I imagine the way it works is that it divides the cost of the upgrade over the time it takes for the upgrade to complete. Which means that even if you stayed on tier 1 and cancelled every upgrade just before it is complete then started it again your upgrade chart would still show activity. I have not tested this however.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Deleted User 245622
Profile Joined January 2012
184 Posts
February 06 2013 08:09 GMT
#905
Hey guys,
I know that the people who play ranked and/or unranked are matched against each other.
But my question is. If I play ranked, got placed, playing a few games and then go ahaed and play unranked. Does that affect my ranked MMR? I know that even unranked players got an MMR.

Say: If I lose alot in the unranked mode and play games in ranked, is it possible to get demoted?
Sorkoas
Profile Joined May 2010
549 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-06 10:08:57
February 06 2013 10:06 GMT
#906
If I have Widow Mines behind my mineral line and there's a Mutalisk harass with the Mutas on top of my SCV's, will the Widow Mines splash my workers when attacking the Mutas?

Also, do Widow Mines splash bunkers?
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
February 06 2013 11:22 GMT
#907
On February 06 2013 17:09 aidosae wrote:
Hey guys,
I know that the people who play ranked and/or unranked are matched against each other.
But my question is. If I play ranked, got placed, playing a few games and then go ahaed and play unranked. Does that affect my ranked MMR? I know that even unranked players got an MMR.

Say: If I lose alot in the unranked mode and play games in ranked, is it possible to get demoted?
No, MMRs aren't connected. The only time they are, is when you just started playing ranked/unranked. In that case you will start with the same MMR as you had in unranked/ranked.


On February 06 2013 19:06 Sorkoas wrote:
If I have Widow Mines behind my mineral line and there's a Mutalisk harass with the Mutas on top of my SCV's, will the Widow Mines splash my workers when attacking the Mutas?

Also, do Widow Mines splash bunkers?
WM splash both ground and air (and burrowed), enemy and your units. They just don't splash other WM. (I'm not sure about splash to enemy WM or allied WM).

Splah to buildings is bug, but I think it's not fixed. But I may be wrong.
ricepudding
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
February 06 2013 11:40 GMT
#908
If you attack your own units, does splash damage affect the units around it?

Like, if I had a cluster of marines and ordered a widow mine to attack one marine in the middle, will the other marines take any damage? Or is it only the marine I attack?
never say die.
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
February 06 2013 11:44 GMT
#909
On February 06 2013 20:40 ricepudding wrote:
If you attack your own units, does splash damage affect the units around it?

Like, if I had a cluster of marines and ordered a widow mine to attack one marine in the middle, will the other marines take any damage? Or is it only the marine I attack?
I don't think it's possible to attack your own units. But as I said WM splash everything (ground/air/burrowed/your units/enemy units/allied units) except your WM. So other marines would take damage.
futility
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Japan134 Posts
February 06 2013 11:52 GMT
#910
Is there a way to hide your clan tag without leaving your clan?
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 06 2013 11:53 GMT
#911
On February 06 2013 20:40 ricepudding wrote:
If you attack your own units, does splash damage affect the units around it?

Like, if I had a cluster of marines and ordered a widow mine to attack one marine in the middle, will the other marines take any damage? Or is it only the marine I attack?

You can attack your own units.
Widow Mine has friendly splash damage, like siege tank.

Colossus doesn't have friendly splash
Sorkoas
Profile Joined May 2010
549 Posts
February 06 2013 12:30 GMT
#912
On February 06 2013 20:22 Tuczniak wrote:WM splash both ground and air (and burrowed), enemy and your units. They just don't splash other WM. (I'm not sure about splash to enemy WM or allied WM).

Splah to buildings is bug, but I think it's not fixed. But I may be wrong.

So turrets still the way to go against mutas then. Thanks.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
February 06 2013 16:20 GMT
#913
On February 06 2013 21:30 Sorkoas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2013 20:22 Tuczniak wrote:WM splash both ground and air (and burrowed), enemy and your units. They just don't splash other WM. (I'm not sure about splash to enemy WM or allied WM).

Splah to buildings is bug, but I think it's not fixed. But I may be wrong.

So turrets still the way to go against mutas then. Thanks.

WMs are better because they one shot mutas (i think) so one or two widow mines will decimate an entire flock
Orion_2kTC
Profile Joined May 2010
United States80 Posts
February 06 2013 16:38 GMT
#914
Can someone post a picture of the current Zerg tech tree?
Shadrak
Profile Joined August 2010
United States490 Posts
February 06 2013 21:52 GMT
#915
Does anyone else feel the beta ladder is significantly harder than WoL?

I'm mid-Masters WoL and I can't get out of Platinum in the beta. I don't know if I've failed to adapt to the changes and need to rethink my play or if there's just more hard core people playing on there?
ricepudding
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
February 06 2013 22:31 GMT
#916
Will my unranked MMR affect my ranked MMR if I haven't played any ranked games before?

I've been messing around and trying different builds and different races in unranked (and I've lost a lot, actually). I haven't done my ranked placement matches yet, but will that affect my placement for ranked?
never say die.
Sorkoas
Profile Joined May 2010
549 Posts
February 06 2013 23:05 GMT
#917
On February 07 2013 01:20 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2013 21:30 Sorkoas wrote:
On February 06 2013 20:22 Tuczniak wrote:WM splash both ground and air (and burrowed), enemy and your units. They just don't splash other WM. (I'm not sure about splash to enemy WM or allied WM).

Splah to buildings is bug, but I think it's not fixed. But I may be wrong.

So turrets still the way to go against mutas then. Thanks.

WMs are better because they one shot mutas (i think) so one or two widow mines will decimate an entire flock

How about magicboxing? Which I'd say most Zergs already do in WoL because they stop position micro above mineral lines to avoid thor volleys.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
February 07 2013 04:20 GMT
#918
On February 07 2013 08:05 Sorkoas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 01:20 Forikorder wrote:
On February 06 2013 21:30 Sorkoas wrote:
On February 06 2013 20:22 Tuczniak wrote:WM splash both ground and air (and burrowed), enemy and your units. They just don't splash other WM. (I'm not sure about splash to enemy WM or allied WM).

Splah to buildings is bug, but I think it's not fixed. But I may be wrong.

So turrets still the way to go against mutas then. Thanks.

WMs are better because they one shot mutas (i think) so one or two widow mines will decimate an entire flock

How about magicboxing? Which I'd say most Zergs already do in WoL because they stop position micro above mineral lines to avoid thor volleys.

the WMs splash is larger then a Thor, magic box only works on the Thor because there splash is ridiculously small, even with magic box a widow mine would jsut 8ish mutas
ander
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada403 Posts
February 07 2013 04:39 GMT
#919
I'm trying to watch White-Ra reps on NA, but it's telling me that they're unavailable in my region. Is there a HotS relocalizer atm? Or is there a simple fix? Ty
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
February 07 2013 05:47 GMT
#920
On February 07 2013 13:39 ander wrote:
I'm trying to watch White-Ra reps on NA, but it's telling me that they're unavailable in my region. Is there a HotS relocalizer atm? Or is there a simple fix? Ty


wtf ? there is only 1 server for HOTS and thats the NA server ^^ perhaps you try to watch replays which are prepatch they all not work anymore
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 238
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 58
Artosis 36
Bale 11
Super Smash Bros
PPMD47
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu678
Other Games
summit1g7516
Grubby2173
shahzam604
C9.Mang0155
PiGStarcraft64
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 68
• musti20045 58
• Hinosc 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21433
Other Games
• imaqtpie864
• Shiphtur293
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.